Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Kalenn Istarion posted:

Dry food and the opportunity to chew on poo poo will keep teeth cleaner than a house cat whose life is restricted to trundling from the kitty litter box back to your lap and whose meal content is mama's super custom wet mix food prepared by stirring freshly killed Kobe beef mixed with the farts of angels. The physical activity is good for overall health as well.

We had half a dozen dogs and even more cats when I was a kid on our farm and the vast majority of them lived well into their second decade without having ever seen a toothbrush.

I think you're dumber than the reddit posters in this thread, h t h

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

It's a catch-22. Cats' digestive tracts are designed to get most of their moisture from what they eat; they only drink water directly if they're overwhelmingly thirsty. So, a diet of purely dry food keeps their teeth clean, but leaves them constantly mildly dehydrated; a diet of purely wet food keeps them hydrated, but contributes to tooth decay. Ideally, offer a bit of both, and they'll eat as they see fit.

Hopefully, you'll never have to deal with a cat with dental problems, but if you know your cat does have dental problems, get them taken care of right away. Not only do cats have more nerves in their teeth than humans, but the pulp is relatively close to the surface; if it gets exposed, it's agonizing. And it can lead to lethal infections, too -- the roots of a cat's teeth, especially the incisors, go absurdly deep into their skull.

Unfunny Poster posted:

IIRC, you didn't need to :10bux: back when he registered btw.

When he's not lovingly trolling the Eve thread, Garr loves to wade into D&D and copypaste poo poo from Stormfront until he gets banned :toot: He had to re-reg pretty recently.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

ullerrm posted:

Hopefully, you'll never have to deal with a cat with dental problems, but if you know your cat does have dental problems, get them taken care of right away. Not only do cats have more nerves in their teeth than humans, but the pulp is relatively close to the surface; if it gets exposed, it's agonizing. And it can lead to lethal infections, too -- the roots of a cat's teeth, especially the incisors, go absurdly deep into their skull.

Two of the cats I had with my ex had congenital tooth decay. Not only does it suck for the cat, but it works out expensive without insurance - they both had half their teeth out at about $1000 each. We only spotted it when they started getting abscesses.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
http://i.imgur.com/N3oW7WX.webm

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ullerrm posted:

When he's not lovingly trolling the Eve thread, Garr loves to wade into D&D and copypaste poo poo from Stormfront until he gets banned :toot: He had to re-reg pretty recently.

I know it was a Garr Khan post, so I don't know why you're quoting me.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

Drythe posted:

I think you're dumber than the reddit posters in this thread, h t h

he's right though?

Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

Jfc we're pet island now, just burn it all to the ground.

mpaarating
May 6, 2011

The Baddest Boi

Unfunny Poster posted:

I know it was a Garr Khan post, so I don't know why you're quoting me.

Do you want people quoting you?

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

ChickenWing posted:

he's right though?

He's not. Kibble shatters when they bite into it, or like one of my cats they just inhale the poo poo and barely chew.

If you feed them raw bones then sure, since that's more like what they get in the wild. (Actually I guess it is more correct to say it's exactly like what they get in the wild)

His cats on the farm also I would guess got a good portion of their food from mice, as that's what everyone who owns cats for farms use them for. Mice = moisture and bones, it's not the same as feeding them dry kibble.

iSqueezeCats
Jan 1, 2013

Kalenn Istarion posted:

Dry food and the opportunity to chew on poo poo will keep teeth cleaner than a house cat whose life is restricted to trundling from the kitty litter box back to your lap and whose meal content is mama's super custom wet mix food prepared by stirring freshly killed Kobe beef mixed with the farts of angels. The physical activity is good for overall health as well.

We had half a dozen dogs and even more cats when I was a kid on our farm and the vast majority of them lived well into their second decade without having ever seen a toothbrush.

You probably just got lucky, considering your farm cats would also be killing rodents and birds whenever they can.

The feral I adopted had the breath of an unflushed toilet, cause guess what, bloody squirrel bits that get lodged between the teeth will eventually decay

The best thing you can do is go 50/50 on dry and wet food. And hope you never run into kidney problems because the idiots don't drink enough water

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

I use a water fountain to try and encourage them to drink more. It seems to work but :shrug:

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Narciss posted:

I really didn't want to engage on the topic but I can never stop myself from making horrible posts. For one, I'm not sure if that reddit thread was real or not, but yes, the meta functions on a completely different level. People play rough. Someday, Digi will be able to tell us all about it, when this game is dust and we've moved on. There are battles going on that people never read or hear about. A battle of wits that Digi (and his counterparts in other alliances) play every drat day, whether they want to or not because the meta doesn't ever shut off or take a downtime.

I won't go into too much about the Scout Esterhazy thing. It happened, there isn't much to say. There is a narrative that everyone likes and there is what happened. In either narrative, the Imperium is safer for what went down. It was a great game of chess and Digi literally picked up the chess board and threw it at his opponent after he had already won. Was Scout Esterhazy in or out? To my knowledge, he wasn't in, but that didn't matter, because he went to Facebook, picked out the unsecured profile that flagged on a Google search and waved it around. It took months for Digi to get him. Months. He picked up the case several times, sat it back down. Waited for data. It took coordination and it took saving every scrap of info he could find and then he had to wait for that Eureka moment, which doesn't come as easily as one would think. It was a massive amount work for not just Digi but many others. The decision to execute a LAWN Director is not something we make lightly. It had to be sure and certain. It was and Digi won against an opponent that probably has more meta experience that most. Digi wanted people to know it and was pretty certain Scout Esterhazy understood that about Digi and that was his downfall to lead to such a mistake.

A wise man once told me that big dogs don't bark. Digi tries not to these days. It sometimes sucks because people don't see the real victories very often. They also don't get to see the human side very often either. You think it's all google and ban lists? Try frantically trying to find a missing Vio after the Boston bombing. Or the random suicide watch that happens and people are desperate to find out if someone is okay. I won't even begin to talk about 2012 but let me say, Digi was as close to broken as one could ever be and he still managed to do good works through it all, as many senior SA mods can attest. And he still relives that night and the days that follow in his head. And the conversations before. And deal with a certain emptiness every morning while he has coffee before work.

Digi was asked by someone to keep Goons safe. It sounds silly because it's a video game but it's a video game where the strong survive, the weak crumble and where acting, lies, treachery and deceit are perfectly legal. Unfortunately, until that changes, there will some rear end in a top hat working that angle and someone like Digi there to try to catch it.

If you are worried about the meta, don't play it. If you are worried about your information, then don't post it on publically available services or participate in social networking. It's that simple. Digi will do his best to not bark about it and the Scout Esterhazy thing wasn't the only lesson for us. Digi is just like you, he struggles to grow and improve.

I don't have to peruse my journals to know that many of the posters in here are not real goons and I'm flattered that so many pages have been devoted to Digi's space job. It gives me hope because if bitching about a incident that happened now ages ago is the only thing you have, I know Goonkind will be in space until CCP sells out or crumbles to the ground.

And that's all you get and hopefully it fuels another 50 pages.

Please source your quotes.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Never mind i found it. http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3609703&pagenumber=830&perpage=40#post437571504

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

My sister's cat eats her kibble like popcorn. Sits in front of the dish and picks them up in one paw, and if you stand there she'll make eye contact while continuing to eat.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

This keeps derailing from what /r/eve seems to be after: release or use of personal information to intimidate. gently caress the spy game.

Then again, I need to remind myself what thread I'm in. Posters in here seem to be hardwired or conditioned to accept or at least look away from incidents of public leaks of people's information in fleets and forums or private "I know who you are" messages or threats sent to personal email or phone numbers. A few posts in r/eve about people who have Digi or someone else hold a knife to their throat and this poo poo is coming out in such volume today that it's becoming more difficult for me to believe it's all falsehoods. Or acceptable.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
When did the public perception of the metagame go from "Man these guys take this game way to seriously but it's kinda cool" to "Checking people's IPs is :ducksiren: DOXXING :ducksiren:"

I feel like folks today would have a total meltdown about the old Goonies COAD sig instead of laughing at how clever it was.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Like, releasing someone's home address in a fleet really should be a one strike, "You're out of here, now" offense simply from the standpoint of liability.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
imagine sending threatening texts and calling people about internet space ships

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Hypothetical. If I was required to give my name and location as part of the CSM and someone happened to pop that in the public, free search engine known as google to find my address would the be considered doxxing?

Just curious.

mpaarating
May 6, 2011

The Baddest Boi

Goatman Sacks posted:

I feel like folks today would have a total meltdown about the old Goonies COAD sig instead of laughing at how clever it was.

You probably think slavery is a "clever" form of labor as well.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Goatman Sacks posted:

When did the public perception of the metagame go from "Man these guys take this game way to seriously but it's kinda cool" to "Checking people's IPs is :ducksiren: DOXXING :ducksiren:"

I am not familiar with laws on doxxing. The momentum seems to be more about criminal stalking behavior. If you are unfamiliar, go read.

Having personally been peripherally involved in two stalking cases wherein the victim was contacted on personal lines for the purposes of intimidation, don't armchair lawyer this unless you can flash some credentials. like your home address

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

its not stalking and its normal cause internet lmao

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!
I :lol: whenever people say that EVE is just a game and doxxing is bad. As you can see from all the people joining SA just to smug, there's literally ten's of dollars riding on this. EVE is real folks.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Blazing Zero posted:

imagine sending threatening texts and calling people about internet space ships

Yeah but our ratting space :qq:

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

vyst posted:

Hypothetical. If I was required to give my name and location as part of the CSM and someone happened to pop that in the public, free search engine known as google to find my address would the be considered doxxing?

Just curious.

If you want to be super pedantic about it they wouldn't be doxxing unless they gave the info out to anyone esle. It would still be a creepy as gently caress thing to do to you.

Cyrelio
Mar 28, 2015

Siets posted:

Has anybody else tried out citadels on Sisi and found them hard to use or unintuitive? I could not dock at a single one that I found anchored in space, which was fairly annoying since there were so many cluttering my overview. I imagine this is just due to a bunch of people anchoring them for themselves without giving a poo poo about the docking/usage permissions since it is Sisi, but I am hoping that this isn't what to expect going forward on TQ.

There's citadels in 3V8 and JU- that are friendly that I know of offhand that you should be able to dock in if you're still messing around with that. Things have been borked on Sisi in general though recently with all of the activity. A week or two ago they had an issue with setting permissions on the Citadels so that nobody could dock in them at all. My client is frequently encountering a desync issue with the server where I can't dock anywhere in anything and my overview gets frozen so the game thinks I am off in a fixed point in space but on my screen I'm sitting at 0 on a friendly station trying to dock or attempting to jump a stargate and nothing happens. Sometimes relogging fixes it, sometimes it doesn't. :shrug:

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Unfunny Poster posted:

Yeah but our ratting space :qq:

yeah im gonna get their address and stalk their children! thatll show em

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

please dont do a creepy because someone shot your pretend space ships. thanks in advance

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Guys your IP is public info google chrome displays it to you along with the city you're in on the bottom left of its front page. Any website you ever visited knows your IP, Apple/Android knows your IP, the government knows your IP, Digi probably knows your IP and I could find anybody in this threads IP with a few clicks.

Its like saying: I know you used a PC once OMG

mpaarating
May 6, 2011

The Baddest Boi

Blazing Zero posted:

please dont do a creepy because someone shot your pretend space ships. thanks in advance

If someone contacts you in a creepy manner over internet spaceships, call a mental health professional for them. Its obviously a cry for help (disguised in a dox threat)

mpaarating
May 6, 2011

The Baddest Boi

Orange Red Bull posted:

Guys your IP is public info google chrome displays it to you along with the city you're in on the bottom left of its front page. Any website you ever visited knows your IP, Apple/Android knows your IP, the government knows your IP, Digi probably knows your IP and I could find anybody in this threads IP with a few clicks.

Its like saying: I know you used a PC once OMG

You're creepy af yo.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Blazing Zero posted:

who are you? like you post as if we should know who you are.

iSqueezeCats
Jan 1, 2013

Dalael posted:

I :lol: whenever people say that EVE is just a game and doxxing is bad. As you can see from all the people joining SA just to smug, there's literally ten's of dollars riding on this. EVE is real folks.

Are they prescient Guild navigators or something? Cause I've seen like one dude with a 2016 regdate, everyone else seems like they've left an SA account simmering here for a few years.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Blazing Zero posted:

please dont do a creepy thanks in advance

mpaarating
May 6, 2011

The Baddest Boi

vyst posted:

who are you? like you post as if we should know who you are.

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

iSqueezeCats posted:

Are they prescient Guild navigators or something? Cause I've seen like one dude with a 2016 regdate, everyone else seems like they've left an SA account simmering here for a few years.

You're responding to someone who :10bux: so they could 'troll goons'.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
here I was adding any and all goons I recognized on facebook because fanboy

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Xolve posted:

You're responding to someone who :10bux: so they could 'troll goons'.

Wrong. I'm an unapologetic J4G who decided to put his :10bux: investment to good use.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

mpaarating posted:

You're creepy af yo.

You could try not being a baby back bitch, educate yourself on infosec and realize that nobody from the videogame eve online is spying on you while you watch hentai

• Locked thread