Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

VietCampo posted:

Lol fisher

Rotoworld not pulling any punches haha:

quote:

In a cruel, ironic twist for the NFL's pre-eminent loser, the firing comes three days before he was set to pass Dan Reeves for the most coaching losses in league history. Fisher is so inept he can't even claim the record that's been his destiny for over a decade. The firing is perhaps the most justified of the modern era. Fisher has had five years to turn around a laughingstock franchise, but instead made it an even bigger joke. Fisher's team had truly made zero progress on his first year in 2012. A wanton waster of draft picks and capital, Fisher is clueless on Sundays, fundamentally misunderstanding offense and overseeing a cavalcade of idiotic penalties. Fisher doesn't make adjustments, aside from usually dialing up more personal fouls in the second half. Try as he may, he never came close to "cleaning up" his chronic, myriad, inexcusable mistakes. No coach, in any sport anywhere in the world, makes more excuses. Fisher has almost certainly coached his final NFL game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Inspector_666 posted:

He's been a set-and-forget RB2 for me except for like, 2 weeks not including the injury time? Got him in the 4th round too, and he's definitely been a mainstay for my team, which has been pretty much entirely carried by my RBs this season.

But yeah, I'm surprised he's not a bigger name.

I also took him in the 4th and people booed the pick. Also couldn't ship him all year because I was afraid of his injury risks. No one would bite :(

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

Gobias Ind. posted:

I eagerly anticipate the 2018 New York Jets coached by Jeff Fisher

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Teemu Pokemon posted:

I eagerly anticipate the 2018 New York Jets coached by Jeff Fisher

They will literally pay you to come to games.

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe

Gobias Ind. posted:

:drat:

I won't forget anytime soon his "this is what an 8-8 team practice looks like" speech on Hard Knocks... Like, yup, you would know!

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
God that Hard Knocks shoulda made it obvious the Rams season was doomed. It was all doom and gloom in the locker room with coaches constantly threatening cuts alongside high expectations. Gregg Williams seems like such a turd and Fisher seems like a defensive coordinator only.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
So I got about 2.90 points in 2 weeks out of McDonald after losing GRONK before also losing McDonald. Lol

Also reports have Gordon with a knee sprain in addition to the hip sprain. No idea how severe either but Farrow worth the rental?

VietCampo fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Dec 12, 2016

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
RIP Bad Hands Vance

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

Already up by 30 something in a 2 week league but I'd love a huge Tucker night. Gotta pile on.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

VietCampo posted:

So I got about 2.90 points in 2 weeks out of McDonald after losing GRONK before also losing McDonald. Lol

Also reports have Gordon with a knee sprain in addition to the hip sprain. No idea how severe either but Farrow worth the rental?

I suspect Farrow will be good at least for this week.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

Santheb posted:

Already up by 30 something in a 2 week league but I'd love a huge Tucker night. Gotta pile on.

Right there with you buddy! Come on Tucker, you are the only offense on the team!

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Just need 6 from Brady, Gostowski, and Mitchell in the second half. Feeling pretty :smug:

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

Drunk Nerds posted:

Just need 6 from Brady, Gostowski, and Mitchell in the second half. Feeling pretty :smug:

Have you learned nothing?

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Gobias Ind. posted:

Have you learned nothing?

The monday night Football song now causes me to spontaneously urinate while punching myself in the eye... but I'm not sure if that is called "learning" or just "conditioning"

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Ok I have brady in like 5 leagues and need a swap for the playoffs next week. Out of Rivers, Winston, Mariota, and Stafford where do you guys rank them?

I've got Rivers on top then it's a wash.

RBX fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Dec 13, 2016

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

RBX posted:

Ok I have brady in like 5 leagues and need a swap for the playoffs next week. Out of Rivers, Winston, Mariota, and Stafford where do you guys rank them?

I've got Rivers on top then it's a wash.

Rivers, second is Brady, distant third is Winston, the other two are booty: MAriota plays the hottest defense right now, Stafford is messed up and playing a solid defense, Winston is playing the top team. Denver crumbles once a team gets a lead.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

I'm just afraid because he's not good at Denver.

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

You've done well, Mr. Tucker. Totally worth drafting in the 14th round. So I'm up 41 points going into next weeks match. Feeling...slightly confident? Oh god :(

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
gently caress kickers.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Alshon Jeffery or Kenneth Farrow? Dropping Terrance West for one of these dudes.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
loving Tucker. Turned off the game up by 6 ended up losing by .5.

2 week playoff but poo poo

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

gently caress kickers.

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
My semi final matchup is set

Came into the playoffs 7-6 and the 5th seed, and now I'm in the semi final round against the number 1 seed in a somewhat decent matchup.

Where do I send thank you notes and candy to Aaron Rodgers if he gets me to the finals?

I will say though, a couple of losses were my own fault making bad roster decisions and whatnot.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

gently caress kickers.

Novak just got me 17 points. :getin:

Ninja Bob
Nov 20, 2002

Bleak Gremlin

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

gently caress kickers.

Accurate.

Swarmin Swedes
Oct 22, 2008
So my QB position is a bit of a shitshow going into the semis right now I have

1 QB league but I am 100 percent sure that all the QBs will be snatched up this week so picking for the next two

Kap @ATL and @ LA
Rivers vs OAK and @ CLE

On the wire there is

Palmer VS NO and @ SEA
Flacco VS PHI and @ PIT
Wentz @ BAL and vs. NY

I felt pretty good about my options in Week 13 but now not so much, should I hang tight with Kap and Rivers or get someone like Palmer or Flacco

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
I have Brees and he's starting to worry me. Who should I pick up as a backup:

Dalton
T. Taylor
Flacco

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

BonoMan posted:

I have Brees and he's starting to worry me. Who should I pick up as a backup:

Dalton
T. Taylor
Flacco

Tyrod has Cleveland home (give up most points to QBs) and Miami home (give up ~8th most points to QBs). Pretty safe and high upside choice.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I have Mariota and Kaepernick.

Should I grab Tyrod Taylor off waivers?

opposable thumbs.db
Jan 7, 2008
It's hard to say that it's wrong that my life revolves around my dog when she is cuter and more interesting than me
Pillbug
My WRs are Golden Tate, Pryor, Marvin Jones, Cobb, and Gabriel. Worth using the #1 on Jeffery? I should have picked him up while he was in FA. RBs are set (DJ, McCoy, Gore, Dixon)

opposable thumbs.db fucked around with this message at 14:37 on Dec 13, 2016

Felter Chesthard
Sep 11, 2001

opposable thumbs.db posted:

My WRs are Golden Tate, Pryor, Marvin Jones, Cobb, and Gabriel. Worth using the #1 on Jeffery? I should have picked him up while he was in FA. RBs are set (DJ, McCoy, Gore, Dixon)

Isn't there potentially one week left in your season? What else could you be waiting for

opposable thumbs.db
Jan 7, 2008
It's hard to say that it's wrong that my life revolves around my dog when she is cuter and more interesting than me
Pillbug
I suppose the question is also about the worth of Jeffery--I still don't really trust Barkley but I suppose it's not like I have better options.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Felter Chesthard posted:

Isn't there potentially one week left in your season? What else could you be waiting for

Most leagues have 2 weeks left, but yeah.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

RCarr posted:

I have Mariota and Kaepernick.

Should I grab Tyrod Taylor off waivers?

Tyrod is like a safer version of Kaep this week.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

RVProfootballer posted:

Tyrod is like a safer version of Kaep this week.

So yes? I'm pretty sure I'd play him over Mariota, because KC Defense has been really hot lately.

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

Be weary when you see oppression disguised as progression

The Spirit told me to use discernment and a Smith n Wesson at my discretion

Practice heavy self reflection, avoid self deception
If you lost, get re-direction

opposable thumbs.db posted:

I suppose the question is also about the worth of Jeffery--I still don't really trust Barkley but I suppose it's not like I have better options.

If your league is standard Jeffery is probably a better thing to have than Cobb - Cobb seems to be lost in the shuffle as far as touchdown equity is concerned.

PPR is probably a different story, but let's be honest - CHI is going to be down in all games remaining and going to have to throw to someone.

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
Jarvis Landry: Does having Matt Moore throw passes help or hurt him? Will they go very conservative and throw short passes, helping him? Or does Moore suck so much it won't really matter...

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum

Yuzenn posted:

If your league is standard Jeffery is probably a better thing to have than Cobb - Cobb seems to be lost in the shuffle as far as touchdown equity is concerned.

PPR is probably a different story, but let's be honest - CHI is going to be down in all games remaining and going to have to throw to someone.

Cobb has been bad in half ppr, dropping him for Inman if I can

Pissingintowind
Jul 27, 2006
Better than shitting into a fan.
Who would you guys rather have this week in 1PPR, 4PTD?

Ebron or Gresham at TE?
Rivers, Bortles, Stafford, or Siemian at QB?
Steve Smith, Theilan, Wallace, Marqise Lee, or Garcon at WR?

Really need to win this game after securing the first round bye...

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
The two guys with the highest scores last week are playing each other this week and I'm playing a guy who is barely paying attention to his team and won in 110-70 in a dud matchup. Therefor I will lose by 100 points.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum

Doltos posted:

The two guys with the highest scores last week are playing each other this week and I'm playing a guy who is barely paying attention to his team and won in 110-70 in a dud matchup. Therefor I will lose by 100 points.

Same except I'm the other game

• Locked thread