Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Oh they're finally letting Slott get THE RECKONING WAR out of his system?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

I enjoyed Rainbow Rowell's Runaways a whole lot, so I'm curious to see what she does with She Hulk.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Endless Mike posted:

Gross.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
good to see vulpes quickly moving up to major projects

hopefully there's some actual lawyering in she-hulk

moon girl is definitely the outlier here and i assume it's because the cartoon is incoming

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

Endless Mike posted:

at least it sounds like it'll be contained to Fantastic Four and/or a separate miniseries

kinda surprised that the new She-Hulk book is separate from that, given that Reckoning War was first set up in Slott's She-Hulk run a century ago. thank god for the Disney+ series, I guess

Barry Convex fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Aug 31, 2021

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

It appears the secret writer of Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur might be Lawrence Fishburne. Apparently he's producing the new cartoon and was a big fan of the original Moon Boy and Devil Dinosaur comics as a kid.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

The Runaways revival was pretty good, so I'm excited for the new She-Hulk! Great to see Vulpes is getting the Big Job as well.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Gotta be cool to work with Bagley too. He seems like an odd choice to me for a Kang book, but at the very least you know the book won't ever get delayed because the art is taking too long.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

X-O posted:

It appears the secret writer of Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur might be Lawrence Fishburne. Apparently he's producing the new cartoon and was a big fan of the original Moon Boy and Devil Dinosaur comics as a kid.

Where are you seeing that

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

site posted:

Where are you seeing that

I mean, it's 'Top Secret' and look at the edge of the letters. Pretty obvious if you ask me.

https://twitter.com/Marvel/status/1432744672879943682

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

lol the reckoning war

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
can't wait for the dramatic return of gauntlet, the man with a large gauntlet and no particular character traits.

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd
Whats the reckoning war set up yall are laughing about?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

omnibobb posted:

Whats the reckoning war set up yall are laughing about?

In just about every Marvel comic he wrote, which I think started with She-Hulk in 2005 and then Avengers: The Initiative, and almost every other Marvel series, he would drop these hints to some future war that was going to be a super big deal and his pet character Gauntlet was gonna be a major part of as well as other characters who haven't really made it to 2021 or have drastically changed. Like he was building it up to be the next Secret Wars or something except nobody gave a poo poo about it because it's Dan Slott and he's not a good writer.

So now like 20 years later he's gonna do it and still nobody gives a poo poo because Slott is a bad writer.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

X-O posted:

I mean, it's 'Top Secret' and look at the edge of the letters. Pretty obvious if you ask me.

https://twitter.com/Marvel/status/1432744672879943682

Begins with L, ends with E...

..it's clearly a reverse Gwenpool situation we're dealing with here: Lunella Lafayette has used her tremendous intellect to actually devise a way to travel into the real world and write a comic based on her adventures.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

JordanKai posted:

The Runaways revival was pretty good, so I'm excited for the new She-Hulk! Great to see Vulpes is getting the Big Job as well.

It’s been fun to see him working on bigger and bigger projects. Shame to see Black Cat go, but Moon Knight, Death of Doctor Strange, and a Kang centered event takes a lot of the sting out of that.

Still hoping he gets an X-book someday. Justice for Ugly John.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
If that ever happens, I hope the X-Man whose superpower is everyone forgets him as soon as he's off panel returns.

radlum
May 13, 2013

Open Marriage Night posted:

It’s been fun to see him working on bigger and bigger projects. Shame to see Black Cat go, but Moon Knight, Death of Doctor Strange, and a Kang centered event takes a lot of the sting out of that.

Still hoping he gets an X-book someday. Justice for Ugly John.

Yeah; I know MacKay being a goon is certainly a plus, but his work over the past few years has been great and he deserves as many good books as he can get. Hopefully one day it will be an X-Book!

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas

Gologle posted:

If that ever happens, I hope the X-Man whose superpower is everyone forgets him as soon as he's off panel returns.

great news

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

radlum posted:

Yeah; I know MacKay being a goon is certainly a plus, but his work over the past few years has been great and he deserves as many good books as he can get. Hopefully one day it will be an X-Book!

I'd follow the man who wrote Spider-Punk and Japanese Spider-Man to hell regardless.

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

Skwirl posted:

Gotta be cool to work with Bagley too. He seems like an odd choice to me for a Kang book, but at the very least you know the book won't ever get delayed because the art is taking too long.

On the other hand there is Joe Bennett...

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Dark Age promises to be the typical Really Good Tom Taylor AU book with a side benefit of probably being far interesting than whatever The Reckoning War is going to be.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Is Dark Ages a mini?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Skwirl posted:

Is Dark Ages a mini?

Yes. 6 issues

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Norwegian Rudo posted:

On the other hand there is Joe Bennett...

yeah tbh i was surprised to see his name, i kinda assumed they were just downplaying the immortal hulk incident until after the book finished and then they would just quietly cut ties with the guy

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

site posted:

yeah tbh i was surprised to see his name, i kinda assumed they were just downplaying the immortal hulk incident until after the book finished and then they would just quietly cut ties with the guy

LoL, you think he's going anywhere?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
well they dumped that guy who did the same thing in that issue of x-men a while ago, so, like, i was hoping i guess :shrug:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

site posted:

well they dumped that guy who did the same thing in that issue of x-men a while ago, so, like, i was hoping i guess :shrug:

he apologized

it was a misunderstanding

if he was gonna get dumped it would have happened immediately

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
yeah, fair enough

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
but gently caress him, he fuckin sucks

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > BSS Derailed Thread: Spider-Island

story plz?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
openly fascist bolsonaro supporter and snuck antisemitic artwork into an issue of immortal hulk

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Digging Dark Age. Tom Taylor sure does know how to make a dark/apocalyptic world in the Big 2.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

I didn't connect the dots between the artist's name and the Immortal Hulk jewelry shop fiasco. Frustrated to see that he seems to be moving up in the Marvel ranks.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
I am renewed with unspeakable life-force every time Anthony Oliveira gets to write Hulkling and Wiccan

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I enjoy this recent trend of Spider-Man not dying in alternate universes and actually being one of the main characters.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas

BrianWilly posted:

I am renewed with unspeakable life-force every time Anthony Oliveira gets to write Hulkling and Wiccan

It was cute. They're so cute.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

BrianWilly posted:

There should 1000% be an ongoing from that same team. Great issue.

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

site posted:

openly fascist bolsonaro supporter and snuck antisemitic artwork into an issue of immortal hulk

He's also a transphobe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Just curious, is there anyone here who has read all of the Spencer ASM run that would ever be willing to read it again?

Not that most people would be willing to reread most modern comics but I am trying to think if anyone will even toy with the idea of reading it in two years. Like many parts of the run, there were a lot of things here and there I liked for Sinister War but that last issue just really soured me on it. Are there even any individual arcs that you would consider?