Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

YeahTubaMike posted:

Adventures in Retale is the best podcast episode in the whole GameStop.

:colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShellGame
Apr 10, 2016

stack 'em to the heavens

YeahTubaMike posted:

Adventures in Retale is the best podcast episode on the whole internet.

That's in my top 3, for sure!

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

*everyone in the thread breaks out in applause*

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES
https://twitter.com/Lady_Frenzy/status/1110291820074823682?s=19
:smith:

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

I'll never have a lady frenzy again. :(

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
That doesn’t likpates at all.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

what could possibly be more important than garbage day

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

I Before E posted:

I'm excited for Episode 360, where they see the doc, turn 360 degrees, and walk away.

Nah, it’ll be all about B-BOY 360

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

X-Ray Pecs posted:

Nah, it’ll be all about B-BOY 360

Either way, it'll be a great achievement

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
I skipped over Metaphorical Chastity when I was first getting into the podcast because I wasn't wild about the live reading of Every Young Man's Battle or conservative readings in general (they usually just make me sigh instead of laugh) and because F+ After Dark was kind of a rambling mess. I realized today that I had managed to go eight years without even hearing the episode, so I finally gave it a listen. Holy poo poo was I missing out! The printing press Internet and the sex sumo should have been in-jokes up there with barbecue man-pops and pointing to schlong. The metal poem sounds like something from dozens of episodes later and might be the actual best poetry featured on the show if not for Squiddy's stinger. Why does nobody ever talk about this one?

Sham bam bamina! fucked around with this message at 10:08 on Mar 28, 2019

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
People don’t go for the older stuff, which is a shame since there’s good material there even if they’re still finding their voice/structure.

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"
It's not THAT old, but I'll always have a special place in my heart for the Dozerfleet episodes, that weird son of a gun.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

BaDandy posted:

It's not THAT old, but I'll always have a special place in my heart for the Dozerfleet episodes, that weird son of a gun.

The Dozerfleet episodes are loving amazing. I think those were the first episodes I downloaded when I got my new phone.

DemonTrigger
May 30, 2011

I'M MAKIN' IT GP RAIN

I had just remembered the end of the Topix episode, which was some guy rambling about Emma Watson being his girlfriend while he also repeatedly talked about "The Haunters" and Castlevania.

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"

YeahTubaMike posted:

The Dozerfleet episodes are loving amazing. I think those were the first episodes I downloaded when I got my new phone.

There is just something about one man's commitment to self-promotion and being really really really into wikis.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

It's kinda tainted by the terrible beliefs about women and minorities though.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Waffleman_ posted:

If that's your breaking point there's probably only a dozen or so episodes out of 301 you can listen to.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I didn't say it ruined it.

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"

Waffleman_ posted:

Oh no doubt, but stuff like "WELCOME...TO THE WORLD OF AIDS" is sooooo stupidly funny. Like it's homophobic as hell but also clearly coming from someone who's never willingly been outside. My mind refuses to take that seriously. Like, what's he gonna do to me, try to explain a show about sentient pens to lead me back to Jesus?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

WHORES GET MURDERED WHEN THEY WEAR THAT SHIRT IN MY STORIES

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

one of my favorite throwaway 30 rock lines is liz mentioning an old play of her getting a review of 'too confusing to be offensive' and i feel that's a good summation of dozerfleet

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Sham bam bamina! posted:

I skipped over Metaphorical Chastity when I was first getting into the podcast because I wasn't wild about the live reading of Every Young Man's Battle or conservative readings in general (they usually just make me sigh instead of laugh) and because F+ After Dark was kind of a rambling mess. I realized today that I had managed to go eight years without even hearing the episode, so I finally gave it a listen. Holy poo poo was I missing out! The printing press Internet and the sex sumo should have been in-jokes up there with barbecue man-pops and pointing to schlong. The metal poem sounds like something from dozens of episodes later and might be the actual best poetry featured on the show if not for Squiddy's stinger. Why does nobody ever talk about this one?

Is that ep #3? I remember liking it, and that it started with a chill song.

Edit: lol the father's rant to start, Isfahan hits it out of the park

kalensc fucked around with this message at 05:52 on Mar 29, 2019

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
Double-posting to strongly agree with ShamBAM; if y'all haven't check out the earliest stuff, then Ep #3 is fantastic. It's nearly Poe's Law level pearl-clutching about everything tawdry with the earnestness of a rejected New Yorker op-ed.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
One of my fav episodes is I think ep 9, the transformers fanfic. To this day I say "Megatron, what a do you doing" to my kids

ShellGame
Apr 10, 2016

stack 'em to the heavens
Hey, Extra Credit is undergoing The Change.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

I met The Change and all I got out of it was herpes and dirty sheets.

(tag-teaming The Hope made up for it)

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

2house2fly posted:

One of my fav episodes is I think ep 9, the transformers fanfic. To this day I say "Megatron, what a do you doing" to my kids

Just Then!

ParserGirl
Jun 3, 2005

The Chronovac is like the puzzle box from Hellraiser, only instead of indivisible pain and pleasure it just grants tedious mediocrity.

“It promised me heaven or hell. I didn’t care which.” (Frank presses the Random button and spends five pages turning into the freezer section of 7-11.)

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Sass Girls X appears to be back in stock at Amazon though it's a several week delay.

ShellGame
Apr 10, 2016

stack 'em to the heavens

ParserGirl posted:

The Chronovac is like the puzzle box from Hellraiser, only instead of indivisible pain and pleasure it just grants tedious mediocrity.

“It promised me heaven or hell. I didn’t care which.” (Frank presses the Random button and spends five pages turning into the freezer section of 7-11.)

God, imagine the prompts after becoming the 7-11 freezer section.
" What happens next?
The worker spends some downtime to clean you from top to bottom. It feels good...
A stoner comes in and stares at you with a boner and then...
You begin to asphyxiate as you are unplugged by a maintenance worker who is also your dad..."

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

I did a marathon listen to the podcast range of the fplus 50's and boy is 57 and 58 a one-two punch.

DemonTrigger
May 30, 2011

I'M MAKIN' IT GP RAIN

Haven't listened to the entire episode yet, but I really like the part where after someone's story, other people swoop in and try to hijack the story branch so that they can have it be about their own hyper specific fetishes instead. And also a piece of fried chicken that jizzes its own batter onto itself :wtc:

Driya
Feb 16, 2011

I'm eight years old and I no longer like fried chicken.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

kentucky
fried
cummies

ShellGame
Apr 10, 2016

stack 'em to the heavens

DemonTrigger posted:

Haven't listened to the entire episode yet, but I really like the part where after someone's story, other people swoop in and try to hijack the story branch so that they can have it be about their own hyper specific fetishes instead. And also a piece of fried chicken that jizzes its own batter onto itself :wtc:

It really is amazing when you get reminded that despite the gross, weird fetish material, these people really are like any other online writing or fandom community. It's delightful in its own weird way.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
I'm listening to the adult baby episode and I'm at the haiku section and I wish I weren't alive anymore.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

YeahTubaMike posted:

I'm listening to the adult baby episode and I'm at the haiku section and I wish I weren't alive anymore.

This isn’t even the episode’s final form

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

X-Ray Pecs posted:

This isn’t even the episode’s final form

Oh god Bunnybread why :gonk:

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
That episode is full of delicious sippies for your ears.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZorajitZorajit
Sep 15, 2013

No static at all...
Has there been any word on who Garbage Day will be in support of? The SPLC got onto poo poo lists. It's president has since stepped down but it's still under fire for being a bunch of white dudes "helping" and patting themselves on the back.