Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
http://i.imgur.com/ymjkC50.mp4

Who is this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Quick search brings up Titan FC 42 Andrew Whitney. Lost a decision for a title.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
:(

https://twitter.com/BasedDongeezus/status/811684584223969280

https://twitter.com/BasedDongeezus/status/811699443758075904

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
gently caress

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Not sure if it's been mentioned, but Tenshin Nasukawa, an undefeated 18 year old kickboxer who just brutally hosed up the reigning Lumpinee champ at his weight under full Thai rules, is for some reason having an MMA rules fight for Rizin against a guy called Nikita. So since he's going to get immediately taken down and strangled he's doing pad work in public

https://twitter.com/aki_rizin/status/810379346569404416

People are hopeful that as an organisation outside of insane inscrutable kickboxing politics Rizin can set up a fight between this kid and Takeru

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
What the gently caress how did Mork die as I was writing that post? Was it related to his spine?

Nope, multiple gunshots, the classic kickboxing way

Triticum Guzzler fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Dec 22, 2016

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
These are the two links MEGATON had

http://www.delfi.lt/news/daily/crime/kaune-nusautas-policijai-labai-gerai-zinomas-kovotojas-r-morkevicius.d?id=73240334

http://zmones.lrytas.lt/veidai-ir-vardai/remigijaus-morkeviciaus-gedeti-liko-netrukus-gimdysianti-mylimoji.htm

Rough google translate says he was shot :(

Droopy Goines
Aug 2, 2003

Presented in DTS ES 6.1 where available.
That's awful, I still remember the first time I saw a highlight reel of his fights.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Gabi Garcia got a younger opponent, now a sprightly 49 year old who is shorter and lighter

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
So in 2000 this new opponent lost by submission to her old opponent. Take it away MMAFighting.com!

quote:

Her lone fight since that time was a gimmick match on February 18, 2012, losing to Amanda Lucas, the daughter of Star Wars king George Lucas, via third round submission.

This is going to be a great show.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Triticum Guzzler posted:

Gabi Garcia got a younger opponent, now a sprightly 49 year old who is shorter and lighter

How many women fighting MMA or are 0-0 in MMA are heavier than Garcia, though?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

kimbo305 posted:

Not many women like to juice like Gaby. I mean, she's a tall girl and would outweigh basically everyone she fights anyways, but then she does pride level of juicing to boot. You'll have a rough time finding any woman her size to fight.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

kimbo305 posted:

I mean smaller and lighter than the previous opponent

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
Ffdsr

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007
Son Of Northern Frostbitten Wintermoon

Someone in the Rizin organization has to have floated the idea of putting Sakuraba or Minowa in the ring with her. Has to have.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
If any promotion is going to have an intergender match it's rizin.

They're not going to have an intergender match.

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011

Bushmeister posted:

Someone in the Rizin organization has to have floated the idea of putting Sakuraba or Minowa in the ring with her. Has to have.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
noooooo :smith:

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

Memento posted:

So in 2000 this new opponent lost by submission to her old opponent. Take it away MMAFighting.com!

This is going to be a great show.

It makes a lot of sense to book this now that george lucas isnt the boss of starwars. a lot has changed.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
That fight isn't canon anymore.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Gabi Garcia is master of japanese crane games, her fighting ability should not be underestimated.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Eversport is going to stream Rizin live again

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007

Triticum Guzzler posted:

Eversport is going to stream Rizin live again

The best Christmas present there ever was.

Droopy Goines
Aug 2, 2003

Presented in DTS ES 6.1 where available.

Memento posted:

If any promotion is going to have an intergender match it's rizin.

They're not going to have an intergender match.

Already happened.

Biafraid
Jan 31, 2008

yeah.
Everything about that match was art

welwala harris
Jan 28, 2005
yeah, that was reality too good to be scripted

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Anyone who hasn't seen it lately should watch it again:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcGjmRXA0xc

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
watching that live was beautiful

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Chael pinning :ortiz: back in 98

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4OVc6u0MvM

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Really good.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
looks like chael is giving up quite a bit of weight there as well

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Skip My Posts posted:

looks like chael is giving up quite a bit of weight there as well

https://twitter.com/LegKickTKO/status/791796805633703936

a decent bit

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

MMAFighting posted:

And now, a decade later ? eight years since fighting Brock Lesnar at UFC 87 in 2008 ? Herring has decided to make his return. It will come in Saitama, Japan, at the Rizin FF openweight tournament, against Iranian fighter Amir Aliakbari, a decorated Greco-Roman wrestler.

Yet ?decided? is perhaps the wrong word. He was told he would return.

?I was doing the commentating, and I was actually really enjoying that,? he told MMA Fighting. ?I had fun with it. Joe Ferraro and I pretty much got all positive reviews from everybody. So that was exciting. And we actually got pretty positive reviews, and I was actually scheduled to the do commentary on this show as well. Then everybody started dropping out of the tournament, and then they jokingly asked me to get into it back in September, and I was, you know, whatever.

?I was in training with Roy Nelson for his last fight against Antonio Silva, and of course his wife and my wife get to talking, and then the opportunity arose, and so then, yeah, my wife was like, you?re going to fight. And I said, okay. I guess that?s what?s going down.?

Roy's gonna be in Heath's corner for the tournament, apparently.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Mrs. Herring vs Mrs. Mir, winner gets a free meal and bottle of wine with Josh Barnett

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

https://twitter.com/Grabaka_Hitman/status/814005886012313600

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Kai Kara-France missed weight, 3 pounds off. He'll still fight but that's an expensive meal for him, and a bit lovely on his first fight with a new promotion.

Speaking of, where are the Rizin fights being shown? Are they streaming them again?

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007

Memento posted:

Kai Kara-France missed weight, 3 pounds off. He'll still fight but that's an expensive meal for him, and a bit lovely on his first fight with a new promotion.

Speaking of, where are the Rizin fights being shown? Are they streaming them again?

Should be streaming for free HERE

Baruto came in at just shy of 400 pounds, rooting for him to win

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
King mo vs Crocop has serious worst fight of all time potential, looking forward to it