Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What gun are you going to use in this Call of Duty?
The good one that everyone else uses
Another, different gun
View Results

• Locked thread
Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

TMMadman posted:

I play solo,

I'm always on the worst team

Found your problem.

If you only play with goons, you are (on average) always on the best team. :smugbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

Rad 200-199 match me, Jones, and Noodle had earlier.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

TMMadman posted:

Why is it that when I play solo, I always have to get put on the worst team?

It's not like I have a great K/D or anything. I'm generally speaking, solidly in the middle of the pack on the lobby leaderboard, but I will always* get put on the worst team. I was just playing a game on Fringe where all 5 pubbies ran to the EXACT same place at the start of the match. It was incredible. And I was in a game earlier where there was only 1 guy in the lobby with a 2+ K/D and naturally, I was not put on his team and instead got put with the two lowest people.

*confirmation bias - It's not ALWAYS (just almost always) the worst team, but it sure does feel like it's always.

This has literally been a problem with the game since release.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

Deviant posted:

close

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Deviant posted:

Immediately followed by that shitpile where the game refused to add anyone to our group for 90% of the match so we were playing 3 v 4.

Getting on now if there are any groups running - finished weekly so I can try out Blackjack.

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

Flankensttein: A name given to a FPS gamer who constantly flanks to get kills.

"So I was playing COD yesterday, and some flankenstein came up from behind and shot me."
Nothing spectacular but it's my first clip.

https://giant.gfycat.com/SphericalTerrificDunnart.webm

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

SubponticatePoster posted:

Immediately followed by that shitpile where the game refused to add anyone to our group for 90% of the match so we were playing 3 v 4.

Getting on now if there are any groups running - finished weekly so I can try out Blackjack.

I remember what I choose to remember.

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

Launchers take way too long to level up in this game. I'm going to write a sternly written letter.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Stop playing with goons, then the other team can actually get scorestreaks for you to kill.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

housefly posted:

Launchers take way too long to level up in this game. I'm going to write a sternly written letter.

what

the only thing that sucked about diamonding launchers was the RPG kills

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

If you're not racing goons to shoot down enemy air support I don't know what to say.

JackGeneric
Apr 23, 2008

[Witty observation]
TMMadman, this is the flowchart:

Deviant posted:

This came up a lot today while crushing pubbies, so here's a guide on how and when to wall run (i.e. on Combine, Metro, or Hunted).

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009
I was finally playing this game for the first time in a long time and this happened: https://youtu.be/3BixO-c5r2o

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

I'm far gone I think.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Sorry guys, my internet apparently took a big fat poo poo and doesn't want me to keep playing since it's giving me the dumb 'abc' error now.

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

SpookyLizard posted:

I was finally playing this game for the first time in a long time and this happened: https://youtu.be/3BixO-c5r2o

in GIF form:

http://i.imgur.com/MpMpWr9.gifv

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

You posted an mp4??

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

Mill Village posted:

If you're not racing goons to shoot down enemy air support I don't know what to say.

I do

let them shoot them down and use the point (or two points if you're also running engineer) on something else

if I'm in a party with certain people I'll change my classes up because I know they usually run launchers. ty anti-air team players & enjoy the free points

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009

Ghostlight posted:

You posted an mp4??

Im new at this okay just be glad its not the raw footage.

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

I got my last two merciless medals this morning (after a few chokes at the 8 or 9 kill mark). Master Killer is finally done!

IM DAY DAY IRL posted:

what

I'm talking leveling up, not the camos. Those went very fast. I opened the l4 siege back at Memorial Day and I've just now hit double prestige on it. I run it on many of my classes and it seems like it takes forever.

housefly fucked around with this message at 14:46 on Jul 18, 2016

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Never thought I'd ever carry the team with a sniper rifle. That's a new one on me. :legion:

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

Flankensttein: A name given to a FPS gamer who constantly flanks to get kills.

"So I was playing COD yesterday, and some flankenstein came up from behind and shot me."
What's your K/D bro?

nmfree
Aug 15, 2001

The Greater Goon: Breaking Hearts and Chains since 2006
YOUR FIREARMS ARE USELESS AGAINST THEM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUR14_ry1Zo

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

jase1 posted:

What's your K/D bro?

I believe you'll find, that that game on Redwood was 57-1. :smugbert:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Mister Macys posted:

I believe you'll find, that that game on Redwood was 57-1. :smugbert:

:lol: can't even reach 60 when you have the tactically advantageous Macy's Window.

Not to be confused with Macy's Air Conditioner or Macy's Overwatch or that-motherfucker-has-a-racist-emblem-gently caress-him-forever spawn point behind A.

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
Room for 3 more.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Huh. Found this guide recently on how to shoot the Intervention.

Wait why am I playing this game over BLops 3 on PS4 right now

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

You ever do the chicken dance at a wake? That really bothers people.

IM DAY DAY IRL posted:

what

Oddly, launchers were the first thing I got diamond and the RPG kills are pretty easy. Of course, I was running Ghost and flanking, so I could line up my shots.

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

Vicissitude posted:

Oddly, launchers were the first thing I got diamond and the RPG kills are pretty easy. Of course, I was running Ghost and flanking, so I could line up my shots.

I think launchers were my first set of diamonds as well. They just take sooo looong to level up. I know theirs no reason to, but I'm a weirdo when it comes to that. I have every weapon I have double prestige maxed out after this past weekend. I only had the l4 siege, the RSA and some odd crate melee weapons to do, but it's still done.

Any word on new blackjack side bets? I was able to finish the sixth side bet this morning so I'm wondering if there will be something new next week.

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
Got 2 pieces of hate mail today! One was "Get some internet laggy niger" and another person said "Get a job and a life". Am I that insufferable to play against? :negative:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

You're that insufferable to play with.

Just kidding. Only madman is insufferable and really god drat loud.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

You're that insufferable to play with.

Just kidding. Only madman is insufferable and really god drat loud.

:(

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

I imagine Niger does have really bad internet though.

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

You poor thing. turn down your mic for the love of God!!!

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

housefly posted:

You poor thing. turn down your mic for the love of God!!!

I'm not :( about being loud. I from the Chicago area and I'm loud and I'm proud.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde
Is the connection/matchmaking any better than it was last night?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

You're from Chicago? poo poo. That explains so much.

chicago is trash

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

You're from Chicago? poo poo. That explains so much.

chicago is trash

no u r.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Posting two gifs:

Gambler fireburst:
http://i.imgur.com/PbVjiXf.gifv

Johnny Five Spikes:
http://i.imgur.com/aEB7FVf.gifv

How do I upload higher quality ones, like Flank's up above?

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Jul 20, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

Mister Macys posted:

How do I upload higher quality ones, like Flank's up above?

Save the footage straight to a USB stick and then upload to gfycat/streamable. Image quality takes a substantial hit when using imgur's gifv tool, and you've already taken one hit by probably uploading footage to YouTube first.

While finishing diamond shotguns, I found that a silencer works surprisingly well on the Haymaker. I don't know exactly why, but it works well because of the damage mechanics for shotguns in this game, and you don't notice the damage dropoff because of the already low damage. Similarly the Brecci also works well, though the damage penalty is more noticeable.

• Locked thread