Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Holding out for Concentration Moon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
30 minutes long credits scene of Bayonetta dancing on a stripper pole to Marquee Moon

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I think I may play a shitlosd of the Revelations 2 raid mode, if anybody ever wants to coop and dome genetic freaks.

In Training fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Apr 2, 2018

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Yeah I need to redownload it . I only played the 1st chapter of the story but raid mode seems like it would be real fun in co-op

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

goferchan posted:

30 minutes long credits scene of Bayonetta dancing on a stripper pole to Marquee Moon

:pray:

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

yeah actually they will posted:

lumines on the switch could be setting a wonderful precedent. and maybe versions of all my favorite non first party psp/vita games could come to the switch one day. gitaroo man lives on switch? stranger things have happened my friends

I was just thinking how it would be nice to play Final fantasy tactics and tactics ogre on the switch

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I think I might buy planet robobot because I really want a new Kirby game and the demo for star allies was not great

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I think I might buy planet robobot because I really want a new Kirby game and the demo for star allies was not great

i picked up triple deluxe

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
planet robobot is up there with super star for best kirby game

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

absolutely anything posted:

planet robobot is up there with super star for best kirby game

Yeah. Triple Deluxe is cool too but Robobot takes it to the next level. I'd say play Triple Deluxe first if it's cheap and you haven't played it because it's still a real good game, it just might be hard going into it playing Robobot first .

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

triple deluxe is a nitnendo select so even brand new copies are just $20

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

goferchan posted:

Nice

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Planet Robobot is still the best kirby for sure but Star Allies is still great if you're someone who is into replaying games and good and fun co-op if you aren't. I've gotten my $60 worth for sure from it but if you don't think you will just buy TD and Robobot now and wait for the inevitable sale for Star Allies.

I've put more hours in to this game than any Kirby outside of maybe Kirby Super Star Ultra when it first came out. Though I am definitely hoping for a game that takes the giant toolset Star Allies has and puts it into a longer and slightly more challenging package.

emoji
Jun 4, 2004

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

Just used the 3DS Audioguide at the Louvre. It's kind of janky but still pretty cool + weird to see a zillion people with 3DS XLs hanging around their necks milling around the Victory of Samothrace.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Spoderman posted:

Just used the 3DS Audioguide at the Louvre. It's kind of janky but still pretty cool + weird to see a zillion people with 3DS XLs hanging around their necks milling around the Victory of Samothrace.

buy the cart in the gift store also buy me one

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Spoderman posted:

That was being restored when I was there so I didn’t get to see it

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Pablo Nergigante posted:

That's a shame but it's about time they put the head and arms back on.

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

Pablo Nergigante posted:

It's extremely sick. I'd seen photos, but they didn't capture it at all.

elf help book posted:

buy the cart in the gift store also buy me one

I considered buying one as a gaming investment vehicle but the last time I thought that I wound up with a full-price copy of Rodea the Sky Soldier which is extreme rear end and went on hyper clearance shortly after

P-Mack posted:

Lmao

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

P-Mack posted:

lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

P-Mack posted:

Lol.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Spoderman posted:

Do me a favor next time you go; turn the Louvre 3DS at an angle and tell me if it's using a TN or IPS panel? Je vous remercie.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

P-Mack posted:

lol

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

P-Mack posted:

Sensible chuckle

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

is this game good? The 3ds one was pretty bad so it turned me off on the series

The art style is so loving good I'm wondering if it could be a game that might suck but I don't even care because of how awesome it looks

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

The first two ones are the only good ones

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

I heard the Wii U one was a pretty good improvement but it still plays closer to Sticker Star than it does the old Paper Mario games

edit: also the game is notable because it's one of the first times Nintendo allowed for digital preordering/predownloading on the Wii U except they hosed it up and everybody who did so within the first few hours the preload was available (over a month away from release) got a full, playable, unlocked copy of the game lol

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

The art style is so loving good I'm wondering if it could be a game that might suck but I don't even care because of how awesome it looks

I think it's fine, but I also like Sticker Star. The worst thing about it is how clunky the battle menu is. It's the same style of game as Sticker Star, more of a point and click style adventure but with Mario mechanics

Evil Eagle fucked around with this message at 13:37 on Apr 7, 2018

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

It's better than Sticker Star because each level is much more unique. It's very funny and has lots of clever puzzles. But it's nothing at all like the older Paper Marios. So it's good for what it is but if you only want an RPG like they used to be then stay away.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

The Mario+Luigi games are the real successor to paper Mario dunno why people seem to ignore them

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

I got it when it came out, and it’s okay for a single playthrough. Still...nothin beats the first two. I ordered TTYD off eBay this week so definitely looking forward to playing that on my Wii this Monday. Nintendo is leaving money on the table not rereleasing that blessed game in HD.

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

TTYD looks sick in dolphin but you need to do a lot of tweaking to make it work perfectly.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

The Mario+Luigi games are the real successor to paper Mario dunno why people seem to ignore them

The first one is excellent, I'd say the second best Mario rpg after TTYD. The rest are hit or miss mostly the one with Bowser was pretty good but none matched the first one imo.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Dream Team was kind of a slog but I still beat it. I got pretty far into Paper Jam but never finished my playthrough

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

i remember some kid in 5th grade bragging that he had doom on his gameboy and then bringing faceball in the next day and everyone was all :chloe:

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

it did have really sick music though iirc

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

Rock My Socks! posted:

i remember some kid in 5th grade bragging that he had doom on his gameboy and then bringing faceball in the next day and everyone was all :chloe:

lol

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

Something hisses with rage from the steel tunnels
ahead. They know you're here. They have no pity, no mercy,
take no quarter, and crave none. They're the perfect enemy,
in a way. No one's left but you. You...and Them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
I have the unreleased faceball 2000 on my virtual boy (it's a complete prototype) and i plan to make a virtual boy link cable so I can play it two players