Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
What's detlef schrempf doing knowing loving karate?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Larry Sanders yells out A BOTTLE

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
D-ROSE: I would never hit a woman Chloe
CHLOE:
D-ROSE: I'd hit a woman who'd do karate Chloe. That's different

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Rondo for Rose is the only thing i want to happen this year

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

God I love you guys.

Constellation I
Apr 3, 2005
I'm a sucker, a little fucker.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
PHIL: It's a fairytale loving town derrick! How can that not be your loving thing

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

straight up brolic posted:

Derrick Rose was the first person to fall into one of those metal basement doors on the sidewalk in NY

My dad did this on his second date with my mom and broke his leg

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
BOGUT: There's gonna be a war man. Between the blacks and the whites

KLAY: Which side are the Vietnamese on

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
We get it. End on your uh high note

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized

thrilla in vanilla posted:

BOGUT: There's gonna be a war man. Between the blacks and the whites

KLAY: Which side are the Vietnamese on

lol

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

WhyteRyce posted:

Rondo for Rose is the only thing i want to happen this year

I just really want them both to stop playing basketball. It's so ugly to watch both of them bonk around like clods

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
I'm not getting any of these In Bruges jokes because I watched it like 7 years ago and I couldn't think of anything to say about it except "it passed the time" and I haven't seen it since. It was just like, a movie. Nothin' great. It starred Monk McGinn from Gangs of New York and The English Patient from The English Patient. I bet you nerds watched it because it had Mad Eye Moody and Voldemort from the Harvey Potter flicks.

Did you guys think Sexy Beast was a great movie too or something

Up Circle posted:

im literally terrified of this fate

the one down the street from us usually has a kitty cat nosing its way up through the grate :3: it'd be a pleasure to fall into the honduran restaurant basement full of soft cats

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
I just hope wherever D Rose is at right now he's deep into a Colin Farrell in every role of his ever style bender.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Derrick Rose would fit very well in The Lobster universe

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Derrick Rose would make a great Willy Wonka

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
Sucks that I have to watch In Bruges again because the basketball thread likes it so much >:[

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
Drose could be professor X

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

:lol: at all the kind words for D. Rose.

BWV posted:

Anthony Bennett is one of the worst NBA players I have ever seen. I watched him live in a Pan-Am game against Mexico and he looked like he was controlled by a 6 year old who picked up a PS4 controller and wasn't sure if it was a hammer or something edible .

I like that he gets a new team each year (but only one). There can't be many who've started a career like this:

code:
Season	Age	Tm
2013-14	20	CLE
2014-15	21	MIN
2015-16	22	TOR
2016-17	23	BRK
He might be the first player to accomplish that. Also, 15 million USD for .5 WS is a good haul.

euphronius posted:

I don't understand any of this

Embiid's saying Wiz Khalifa's sister has a good defensive rating.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Zogo posted:

Embiid's saying Wiz Khalifa's sister has a good defensive rating.

:)

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Cool Buff Man posted:

I just really want them both to stop playing basketball. It's so ugly to watch both of them bonk around like clods

I think a lot of NBA fans would pay $$$ for them to go away.

Niwrad posted:

Got to the Bulls game early and picked up a gift for RD Mangles

Rose was picking up his Rondo voodoo doll.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

When was the last time an NBA player no showed a game?

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
Rose should have retired after dunking Dragic back into the dark Middle Ages.

NeuroticErotica
Sep 9, 2003

Perform sex? Uh uh, I don't think I'm up to a performance, but I'll rehearse with you...

EvanTH posted:

I'm not getting any of these In Bruges jokes because I watched it like 7 years ago and I couldn't think of anything to say about it except "it passed the time" and I haven't seen it since. It was just like, a movie. Nothin' great. It starred Monk McGinn from Gangs of New York and The English Patient from The English Patient. I bet you nerds watched it because it had Mad Eye Moody and Voldemort from the Harvey Potter flicks.

Did you guys think Sexy Beast was a great movie too or something

In Bruges is a great, criminally underrated movie, and I like Sexy Beast as well.

:clint:

Edit: somebody else mentioned Kiss Kiss Bang Bang, and that's great, too. There's a lot of good movies that exist.

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011

I'm just glad that the Hicks can still gently caress with the Knicks.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
I hope you all also watched "The Nice Guys".

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Bogut doesnt show up to most games.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Niwrad posted:

When was the last time an NBA player no showed a game?

I think Webber and Iverson when they no showed on fan appreciation night in Philly.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

They showed up for the game, they just didnt go to the pregame crap. IIRC.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
https://twitter.com/JerryEngelmann/status/818527070296932352

Was Mike Dunleavy bad, or just necessary to move Mo Williams

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Dejan Bimble posted:

https://twitter.com/JerryEngelmann/status/818527070296932352

Was Mike Dunleavy bad, or just necessary to move Mo Williams

drat I knew BK Knights was having a rough year but I didn't know just how bad

e; Celts can tie the raptors in the standings tonight if they beat them. They won't because Avery Bradley is out and DeRozan and Lowry are going to go nuts but I'm glad they've recovered from their lovely start

Cool Buff Man fucked around with this message at 15:31 on Jan 10, 2017

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Cool Buff Man posted:

drat I knew BK Knights was having a rough year but I didn't know just how bad

e; Celts can tie the raptors in the standings tonight if they beat them. They won't because Avery Bradley is out and DeRozan and Lowry are going to go nuts but I'm glad they've recovered from their lovely start

It's Marco (close eyes) (ball bounces off backboard) SMART's night to shine

http://fansided.com/2017/01/10/nba-undershirt-wearers-davis-cp3/
We were discussing the lack of good NBA blogging, the fansided network which was owned by si and may still be has a new basketball vertical called the step back with a lot of good writing, and nestled within is the new iteration of nyloncalculus, not quite as good as the old one without Englemann and Seth Partnow and all the other guys who've been hired away, but better than nothing. this is a post about the CHEATERS in the NBA who are FLOUTING THE REGULATIONS by wearing T SHIRTS under their team JERSEYS

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Dejan Bimble posted:

this is a post about the CHEATERS in the NBA who are FLOUTING THE REGULATIONS by wearing T SHIRTS under their team JERSEYS

this is extremely important to my interests.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

The tshirt blog post was just ok. He made up the reasons why tho. The real reasons are Fat, mutant, fat, skinny, mutant, fat, acne, and fat.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

euphronius posted:

The tshirt blog post was just ok. He made up the reasons why tho. The real reasons are Fat, mutant, fat, skinny, mutant, fat, acne, and fat.

I think the posters of the thread could do better but we're not doing it except for each other. And does the pay ever justify the effort for writing that stuff out long form and not just loving around? Probably not, the stats stuff can get you a job but the fun stuff at best gets you a round the clock barely living wage job for a higher class site

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Dejan Bimble posted:

It's Marco (close eyes) (ball bounces off backboard) SMART's night to shine

http://fansided.com/2017/01/10/nba-undershirt-wearers-davis-cp3/
We were discussing the lack of good NBA blogging, the fansided network which was owned by si and may still be has a new basketball vertical called the step back with a lot of good writing, and nestled within is the new iteration of nyloncalculus, not quite as good as the old one without Englemann and Seth Partnow and all the other guys who've been hired away, but better than nothing. this is a post about the CHEATERS in the NBA who are FLOUTING THE REGULATIONS by wearing T SHIRTS under their team JERSEYS

FanSided recently ran a column about crazy trade ideas where they suggested the Warriors trade Steph Curry for Rajon Rondo. They had to delete it and apologize because they got poo poo on so hard for it.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

IMPORTANT MORNING NEWS: KING CAKE BABY HAS A TWEETER

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Dejan Bimble posted:

I think the posters of the thread could do better but we're not doing it except for each other. And does the pay ever justify the effort for writing that stuff out long form and not just loving around? Probably not, the stats stuff can get you a job but the fun stuff at best gets you a round the clock barely living wage job for a higher class site
No, it's just supplementary wages

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Also most sports places pay shittier wages than the competition in other industries because you get to #workinsports

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Some local twitter drama about this, actually. Mason Ginsberg had the account for a full year when yesterday it had randomly become suspended and then given to the Pels PR team or whomever. He had received no contact from the team or anyone about this before hand and is mildly upset about it.

The thread of him noticing and complaining:

https://twitter.com/MasonGinsberg/status/818804084631281668

• Locked thread