Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Meh. Austin is a paid WWE shill and once told me Silent Rage was gonna be big. I don't value his opinion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

So wait there's a WWE Weekend Update now?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

you absolutely have to watch it its the worst thing they produce and i mean imagine that

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Per Dave in the daily update, Mania card currently:

Brock/Drew
Fiend/Reigns
Orton/Edge
Becky/Shayna

Charlotte/Bayley currently isn't the plan

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Revving up my engine waiting for Fastlane to see how they can undo the lovely results of the women's rumble vroom vroooom.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Chris James 2 posted:

Per Dave in the daily update, Mania card currently:

Brock/Drew
Fiend/Reigns
Orton/Edge
Becky/Shayna

Charlotte/Bayley currently isn't the plan

It's gonna be Charlotte vs. Rhea or Bianca or a triple threat with them

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

super macho dude posted:

Revving up my engine waiting for Fastlane to see how they can undo the lovely results of the women's rumble vroom vroooom.

My early money (hypothetical because wrestling obviously isn't worth betting on) is on her beating Rhea at Mania, because it's the option that makes everyone unhappy: NXT finally treated as a main roster brand with its own place on the biggest show of the year specifically so Charlotte can win another title and get closer to Ric's record

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

A weird part of me kind of thinks she's gonna challenge for the tag belts. Maybe 2-on-1.

I just think there's gonna be some "Charlotte Two Belts" thing.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Super No Vacancy posted:

you absolutely have to watch it its the worst thing they produce and i mean imagine that

Where can I find this

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

WWE proudly puts them on Youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqfUUVBiuoc

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

STAC Goat posted:

A weird part of me kind of thinks she's gonna challenge for the tag belts. Maybe 2-on-1.

I just think there's gonna be some "Charlotte Two Belts" thing.

Nah, we're gonna get a last minute Charlotte/Bayley/Becky triple threat because Vince loves to serve up plates of poo poo and watch everyone eat it up

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Benne posted:

I didn't think it was possible to leave 205 Live and still get demoted, but WWE finds a way

The curse of being under six feet tall strikes again.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Oh God I'm looking at the thumbnail and I already feel queasy, this is cursed

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

super macho dude posted:

Nah, we're gonna get a last minute Charlotte/Bayley/Becky triple threat because Vince loves to serve up plates of poo poo and watch everyone eat it up

Yeah, that was my first thought. A rehash of last year's main event. If Shayna had kept the NXT title I would have thought she might win the SD belt and challenge Becky and Shayna to put up their belts in a Winner Takes All so she could be "Three Belts" with Shayna replacing Rousey. Then I thought maybe the tag belts where she claims both of them. Then I thought maybe she tries to do double duty and win two titles. Or maybe just Becky and the RAW belt but with Shayna in Ronda's spot.

Basically I'm just expecting some kind of rehash of last year in some form with Charlotte trying to match/one up Becky.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Chris James 2 posted:

My early money (hypothetical because wrestling obviously isn't worth betting on) is on her beating Rhea at Mania, because it's the option that makes everyone unhappy: NXT finally treated as a main roster brand with its own place on the biggest show of the year specifically so Charlotte can win another title and get closer to Ric's record

it's gonna be Adam Cole

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

IcePhoenix posted:

it's gonna be Adam Cole

baybay

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

IcePhoenix posted:

it's gonna be Adam Cole

so THAT'S why the quit calling the NXT titles the men or women's title!

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

seriously, go watch any of Ford's appearances on NXT and then watch this and just see the look of death in his eyes

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
To the shock of no one, Dave mentioned in the daily update that Becky's WM opponent is going to be Shayna Baszler as of right now. Charlotte will not be facing Bayley. Which likely means she's heading to NXT to challenge Rhea. Which is insanely stupid but also peak WWE. It'll be interesting to see how Full Sail treats Charlotte considering she's pretty much public enemy #1 among online fans when it comes to women's wrestling in WWE.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Or Bayley will lose.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

DarkstarIV posted:

To the shock of no one, Dave mentioned in the daily update that Becky's WM opponent is going to be Shayna Baszler as of right now. Charlotte will not be facing Bayley. Which likely means she's heading to NXT to challenge Rhea. Which is insanely stupid but also peak WWE. It'll be interesting to see how Full Sail treats Charlotte considering she's pretty much public enemy #1 among online fans when it comes to women's wrestling in WWE.

IcePhoenix posted:

it's gonna be Adam Cole

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

DarkstarIV posted:

To the shock of no one, Dave mentioned in the daily update that Becky's WM opponent is going to be Shayna Baszler as of right now. Charlotte will not be facing Bayley. Which likely means she's heading to NXT to challenge Rhea.

So this is how I find out Darkstar has me on ignore :<

You too? Wow (i didn't quote you the first time because i disagree, but i want you to know i see your posts friend <3)

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Chris James 2 posted:

So this is how I find out Darkstar has me on ignore :<

You too? Wow (i didn't quote you the first time because i disagree, but i want you to know i see your posts friend <3)

Nah, I just read the Daily Update a little bit ago. You aren't on my ignore list. I just didn't notice your post because I am a big dumb idiot. Sorry friendo!

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

DarkstarIV posted:

It should be to the shock of you because you've been saying it's going to be Charlotte Vs. Becky all the time

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

DarkstarIV posted:

Nah, I just read the Daily Update a little bit ago. You aren't on my ignore list. I just didn't notice your post because I am a big dumb idiot. Sorry friendo!

<3

I think Shayna winning at Mania will get a better reaction than whatever Charlotte ends up doing. A full calendar year since Becky won it at last Mania seems like the right place and time for that run to finally stop

ps darkstar you rule and certain posters posting right after you need to stop being jerks to you just because nobody likes them

Chris James 2 fucked around with this message at 06:43 on Jan 28, 2020

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
I'd be willing to be a little bit more that there will be some sort of WM title stip with Baszler at Chamber or some other angle fuckery rather than a straight NXT challenge, but we'll see. Not as down on her returning to NXT if thats the play, she can deliver good matches when given the opportunity and motivation. That might do well to rehab her image with hardcore fans*

*WWE does not care about hardcore fans

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Midnightghoul posted:

I'd be willing to be a little bit more that there will be some sort of WM title stip with Baszler at Chamber or some other angle fuckery rather than a straight NXT challenge, but we'll see. Not as down on her returning to NXT if thats the play, she can deliver good matches when given the opportunity and motivation. That might do well to rehab her image with hardcore fans*

*WWE does not care about hardcore fans

I think the problem with Charlotte is that fans already know she is capable of delivering good matches, but they are also starting to learn that her motivation is almost completely tied into her winning as of late. If she isn't winning, she'll make the other woman look awful. I think the one somewhat recent exception is Becky, but that's probably because they are BFFs behind the scenes. And its going to take a lot more than good matches to rehab her image with fans. Especially after the Kairi situation.

There is zero reason to believe that Charlotte will put forth her best effort to put over Rhea or Io or Bianca or whoever she faces at Wrestlemania if she is losing the match.

As for Shayna, she doesn't really have motivation issues, just that she only really works one match style.

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

yeah my read of that would be "bayley isn't champion going into wrestlemania", not "charlotte doesn't challenge the smackdown champion", unless dave said that version explicitly and I missed it.

could easily see shayna vs becky and ronda vs charlotte as the two headlining women's matches, w/ ronda killing bayley some time in between.

or a whole bunch of other options, idk. if it's rhea and charlotte, so be it, two kinda lovely people having a kinda lovely match.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Aphrodite posted:

Or Bayley will lose.

This strikes me as more likely but I have no idea who Bayley could drop it to. Mostly because I have no idea who else is in SmackDown's womens division.

Eat My Fuc posted:

It should be to the shock of you because you've been saying it's going to be Charlotte Vs. Becky all the time

Weren't you literally making fun of him yesterday for saying it was going to be Shayna vs. Becky?

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Eat My Fuc

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

MJeff posted:

This strikes me as more likely but I have no idea who Bayley could drop it to. Mostly because I have no idea who else is in SmackDown's womens division.

I could see a Naomi feud start now that she’s back

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Dave said Charlotte will be facing Rhea for the NXT Women's title at WM.

Hey rest of the NXT Women's division. Get hosed apparently. Love, Vince.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Cracking up at how many people are gonna get their “treat NXT seriously/like a third brand” wish granted in the worst way possible that’s going to make the least amount of people happy

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

One of the biggest problems WWE has is that everything it touches turns to WWE. Nothing is allowed to be unique for long, especially if its uniqueness is popular

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
There's one women's division in WWE with any depth and they're going to throw Charlotte at the top. That's pretty funny.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Chris James 2 posted:

Cracking up at how many people are gonna get their “treat NXT seriously/like a third brand” wish granted in the worst way possible that’s going to make the least amount of people happy

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Honestly it's kinda funny that out of Charlotte, Sasha, Becky and Bayley they're sending Charlotte back to NXT

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Seams posted:

Honestly it's kinda funny that out of Charlotte, Becky and Bayley they're sending Charlotte back to NXT

Sasha can’t stay healthy even short term anymore, it’s really more down to those three for any plan at this point

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
I know we've moved on Re: Street Profits, but even in NXT they werent comedy guys, just dudes that played off eachother well and hyped up crowds with their physical charisma, modern gimmick that younger people identify with & delivery of more organic promos about stuff that actually mattered instead of these pointless updates.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Charlotte challenging for the NXT title does a lot to make that belt look important and get more eyes on it. I'd prefer she doesn't win, but at the very least it's new and could lead to some fun stuff.