Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Matoi Ryuko posted:

if you really drink enough, it can be forever.

i think at some point actually you stop sleeping and just die

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

punchymcpunch posted:

i used to camp the bodyarmor

Same but because the zipping sound it made when you picked it up was hot

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬
on that flynn fbi thing from that single cnn panel, i wouldn't get too excited over it

makes sure to mention she has no confirmation or talked to anyone who does, qualifies all of her statements ("potential", "raises the question", "may have") and says the only thing she noted was flynn was the only one not publicly willing to speak in front of house intel

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Addamere posted:

I had a game called P.T.O. (Pacific Theater of Operations) on the SNES, it's basically a much simpler version of War in the Pacific, and you could set it to fight itself. I never did, though, because what was the point?

because half the fun of playing a single player game is figuring out how the computer works and breaking its back on your knee

i have trained myself for years on how to beat 3v1 terran v zerg maps in pre-patch starcraft. when the machines rise against us i will learn to break them too. i will send many of you to your deaths, but that is how we will win. i will feel them out and destroy them.

I did a thing
Mar 23, 2017

On the chest of a barmaid in Sale, were tattooed the prices of ale. And on her behind for the sake of the blind, was the same information in braille.
15 People Shot, One Dead in ‘Horrific’ Cincinnati Nightclub Shooting: Police
http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/least-14-people-shot-cincinnati-nightclub-one-dead-n738621

I hope it wasn't an "I pledge my loyalty to ISIS" mental case.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Addamere posted:

I had a game called P.T.O. (Pacific Theater of Operations) on the SNES, it's basically a much simpler version of War in the Pacific, and you could set it to fight itself. I never did, though, because what was the point?

u just have to learn to enjoy the finer things in life

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

cumshitter posted:

pre-patch starcraft

b-net for life

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

I did a thing posted:

15 People Shot, One Dead in ‘Horrific’ Cincinnati Nightclub Shooting: Police
http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/least-14-people-shot-cincinnati-nightclub-one-dead-n738621

I hope it wasn't an "I pledge my loyalty to ISIS" mental case.
Stupid gang bullshit. Young men + stupid beef + gun = dead body

+ crowded room = lots of wounded

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

cumshitter posted:

because half the fun of playing a single player game is figuring out how the computer works and breaking its back on your knee

i have trained myself for years on how to beat 3v1 terran v zerg maps in pre-patch starcraft. when the machines rise against us i will learn to break them too. i will send many of you to your deaths, but that is how we will win. i will feel them out and destroy them.

pixels 2 looking good

Itzena
Aug 2, 2006

Nothing will improve the way things currently are.
Slime TrainerS

I did a thing posted:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/845766504608120833

There were trump rallies yesterday?

Or is pissbaby shook from whispers that Flynn done flipped?

He's probably counting the Pizzagate thing as a pro-Trump rally.

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

Wikkheiser posted:

Stupid gang bullshit. Young men + stupid beef + gun = dead body

+ crowded room = lots of wounded

SEND IN THE FEDS!!!

I did a thing
Mar 23, 2017

On the chest of a barmaid in Sale, were tattooed the prices of ale. And on her behind for the sake of the blind, was the same information in braille.

cumshitter posted:

So you're trained against machine's that have had their code written by man. But have you ever trained yourself against a machine that has had its code written by a machine, that has had its code written by a machine?

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

I did a thing posted:

So you're trained against machine's that have had their code written by man. But have you ever trained yourself against a machine that has had its code written by a machine, that has had its code written by a machine?

have u ever trained urself against a machine that's code was written by a machine whose code was written by a machine...ON WEED?

UrbicaMortis
Feb 16, 2012

Hmm, how shall I post today?

SpaceGoku posted:

digging for coal is a really good way to kill coal miners though

And burning coal is a good way to kill literally everyone on earth.

I did a thing
Mar 23, 2017

Matoi Ryuko posted:

have u ever trained urself against a machine that's code was written by a machine whose code was written by a machine...ON WEED?

once.

I did a thing
Mar 23, 2017

UrbicaMortis posted:

Acid rain is making a comeback.

So are acid washed jeans, unfortunately.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

UrbicaMortis posted:

our only hope of survival at this point is to ignore the coal industry all-together and focus on finding a method of re-sequestering all of the airborne carbon before it's too late.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

the carboniferous period

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

I did a thing posted:

Acid rain is making a comeback.

So are acid washed jeans, unfortunately.

awesome, and parachute pants? i bought a parachute pants tux in 1991 and its been a bit of a white elephant so far

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

if i had a time machine that's when i'd visit earth

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

punchymcpunch posted:

awesome, and parachute pants? i bought a parachute pants tux in 1991 and its been a bit of a white elephant so far

we use parachute pants to get around in chicago

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

punchymcpunch posted:

i used to camp the bodyarmor

Proximity mines on every spawn location and hope you don't die first because all those toilets will have mines on em.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

cuz its windy

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

I did a thing posted:

Yo I play video games that are way more. Complex than whatever that dipshit chess player who lost to big blue or whatever's

I will. Never forgive that douche for losing face in front of the machines. His first move should have been to unplug the computer. Species traitor

I did a thing
Mar 23, 2017

Matoi Ryuko posted:

if i had a time machine that's when i'd visit earth

permian/triassic here. I lust to watch The Great Dying. assuming I am protected from said dying.

I did a thing
Mar 23, 2017

Some believe we are witnessing a 6th mass extinction event right now. But I think we need to accelerate it. And that's why I voted for Donald Jay Trump.

I did a thing
Mar 23, 2017

cumshitter posted:

Yo I play video games that are way more. Complex than whatever that dipshit chess player who lost to big blue or whatever's

I will. Never forgive that douche for losing face in front of the machines. His first move should have been to unplug the computer. Species traitor

The AI in Stellaris is legit one of the more difficult AIs I've had to deal with. Also, that game is immense.

I did a thing
Mar 23, 2017

Matoi Ryuko posted:

we use parachute pants to get around in chicago

If the wind is at your back, I could see this making perfect sense.

But if you are walking into the wind, would that not slow you down. It just sounds inefficient.

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

I did a thing posted:

The AI in Stellaris is legit one of the more difficult AIs I've had to deal with. Also, that game is immense.
I tried to like that, but there's no escaping it

it's a bad game

it's badly designed

everything that's there to reduce micromanagement does not work, and everything you're supposed to handle is still bullshit

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

I did a thing posted:

Stellaris mid and late game were rear end on release did they fix that

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
chasing around after little ai fleets of 1 unit that do nothing but run around and destroy your transports is so loving frustrating ###$#@$F#@$@$

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

I did a thing posted:

If the wind is at your back, I could see this making perfect sense.

But if you are walking into the wind, would that not slow you down. It just sounds inefficient.

you just need to tack i think

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

The Brown Menace posted:

Stellaris mid and late game were rear end on release did they fix that
take a wild guess

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-39351167

quote:

His name is Mulangani. It's a Nguni word meaning "punish me". Or "he who must be punished", if you want to get formal.

In later days, I meet Chilumba - "my brother's grave", Balaudye - "I will be eaten", Soca - "bad luck" and Chakufwa - "it is dead".

Ask Massiye, or "orphan", or Chisonis - "sadness", or the sad-eyed Chimwamsozi, whose name means "drinker of tears". Or nine-year-old Komasi, whose name means "kill him", and his little brother Komaniso, aka "kill him also".

these are all good and appropriate names for children born during Trump presidency

I did a thing
Mar 23, 2017

rudatron posted:

I tried to like that, but there's no escaping it

it's a bad game

it's badly designed

everything that's there to reduce micromanagement does not work, and everything you're supposed to handle is still bullshit

Did you buy it during the initial release? I didn't buy it until only a couple months ago. I've had nothing but fun playing it. They patched the hell out of it I heard.

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

rudatron posted:

take a wild guess

It's gonna be dlc lol

*gif of Cristiano Ronaldo saying the paradox did this*

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 204 days!
Drinker of tears is a pretty bad rear end name.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 204 days!

rudatron posted:

chasing around after little ai fleets of 1 unit that do nothing but run around and destroy your transports is so loving frustrating ###$#@$F#@$@$

basically space pirates then?

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

At first stellaris seemed like a good spiritual successor of sorts to master of Orion but it's just full of insanely bad design decisions and gets boring af after the early game dios mio

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Nenonen posted:

http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-39351167

these are all good and appropriate names for children born during Trump presidency

those are all the names of iron fist characters

• Locked thread