Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

spaced ninja posted:

Why do you guys like to argue about mixers so much?

Diet cola for rum.

Regular cola for whiskey.

Vodka goes to Trump Tower.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marshmonkey
Dec 5, 2003

I was sick of looking
at your stupid avatar
so
have a cool cat instead.

:v:
Switchblade Switcharoo
Adam ruins everything told me I could die from drinking too much water. :colbert:

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

When you fall, get right back up again.
I dunno I feel like rum and cola is admitting you bought terrible rum you'd rather not taste.

n3wt
Dec 22, 2005

coyo7e posted:

This episode of Backstory about Honor Cultures may be interesting, it talks a lot about how The South was heavily steeped in honor culture.

http://backstoryradio.org/shows/death-before-dishonor

Also this codeswitch/484785516/the-code-switch-podcast

Thanks i'll download for later!

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Feinne posted:

I dunno I feel like rum and cola is admitting you bought terrible rum you'd rather not taste.

Rum and cola is the nectar of the party gods while whiskey and cola is what they serve in the polyps on Satan's rear end in a top hat.

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich
love to obliterate the flavour of a 18yo single-malt with some HFCS candywater

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Feinne posted:

All rum is garbage and the only people drinking it straight are alcoholics, teenagers, homeless, or any combination of the three.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

Arglebargle III posted:

Rum and cola is the nectar of the party gods while whiskey and cola is what they serve in the polyps on Satan's rear end in a top hat.

Oh whiskey and cola is even more unforgivable, just never neglect how loving good a proper rum is straight up.

eyebeem posted:

All rum is garbage and the only people drinking it straight are alcoholics, teenagers, homeless, or any combination of the three.

A shameful alcohol opinion. Also biting given my drinking habits of late.

Really though I'm willing to drink shots of midori so never trust me on what is and is not drinkable.

Feinne fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Sep 3, 2017

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
Dammit, I forgot to get lemonade, I wanted to drink John Daileys all day while watching CFB

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

eyebeem posted:

Bumbu is loving fire! Stuff sips great with zero mixer & it's not flavored poo poo either.

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Feinne posted:

Really though I'm willing to drink shots of midori so never trust me on what is and is not drinkable.

We're at least 1/3 on this one, gents.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

Feinne posted:

Some for sippin, some for mixin

Plus I have a hard time finding good rum up where I live so it's generally Kraken and Dr Pepper 10 when it's time to show my liver who is boss

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

I'm talking well bottles not top shelf you stuck up dweebs.

What rear end in a top hat puts mixer in good stuff and what sort of Henry gets drunk off the good stuff all the time?

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright

I imagine this going down like a cat that's sitting quietly but suddenly decides it's the biggest emergency on earth that they get up and run to the next room. Trump just sitting there doing retard things but suddenly screams that his hands are too big for no reason.

Man, I laughed a lot.

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance

WeAreTheRomans posted:

love to obliterate the flavour of a 18yo single-malt with some HFCS candywater

*sips disgusting poison* mmm yes people will respect me as an adult if i trick myself into liking this

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Argas posted:

It's pop.

No I'm pretty sure that's a pup.

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

prom candy posted:

*sips disgusting poison* mmm yes people will respect me as an adult if i trick myself into liking this

Toxic Masculinity can be a new vodka brand

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Tom Collins is superior to Rum and Coke

Hastings
Dec 30, 2008

The Glumslinger posted:

Dammit, I forgot to get lemonade, I wanted to drink John Daileys all day while watching CFB

I just tried a John Daly for the first time a few weeks ago (I'm usually a vodka cranberry gal), and I would liken that moment to converting. My world was ROCKED. No wonder that guy was drunk and cursing on the greens all the time..stuff is delicious.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
Soda based mixers are generally bad because alcohol makes the soda taste even more cloyingly sweet than usual.

bij
Feb 24, 2007

I hope Trump reverses the Obama era FDA ban on flavored cigarettes that ruined Djarum Blacks.

Also drinking rum straight owns. Drinking liquor straight owns. Don't adulterate your active ingredient with empty calories!

Shayl
Apr 11, 2007

Jesus christ not another soda derail

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Shayl posted:

Soda and liquor. America: A land of contrasts.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
So how bad will it be if Irma smashes into New York and takes some of the economy along with it? The only bright spot will be if Donnie shits himself live on television trying to scream about wanting revenge on the weather if it knocks Trump Tower down, but mostly bad no matter which way the deadly winds blow our new hurricane of the month into.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Potential BFF posted:

I hope Trump reverses the Obama era FDA ban on flavored cigarettes that ruined Djarum Blacks.

Also drinking rum straight owns. Drinking liquor straight owns. Don't adulterate your active ingredient with empty calories!

Spoken like a Henry who has never tasted the likes of Canadian Hunter and anything out of a plastic bottle.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

See, Trump is not racist

Tha_Joker_GAmer
Aug 16, 2006

Shayl posted:

my grandfather liked soda

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

See, Trump is not racist

Can the fucker just not stop abusing children for just one goddamn day?

Charliegrs
Aug 10, 2009
I really like vodka tonics.

A good brand vodka, a REAL TONIC (not carbonated cornsyrup water) l, and a slice of lime on a hot summer day.

It's the only alcohol I will drink besides beer.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Mustached Demon posted:

Spoken like a Henry who has never tasted the likes of Canadian Hunter and anything out of a plastic bottle.

What does "Henry" mean. "Can afford better than bottom-shelf swill"?

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

My grandpa used to love soda

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Charliegrs posted:

I really like vodka tonics.

A good brand vodka, a REAL TONIC (not carbonated cornsyrup water) l, and a slice of lime on a hot summer day.

This but gin.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Neo_Crimson posted:

What does "Henry" mean. "Can afford better than bottom-shelf swill"?

High earner, not rich yet.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
Pure grain alcohol and rainwater.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

I will say that fresh fruit, where applicable, is the single best drinking investment. Fresh lime juice turns garbage tier tequila and whatever the gently caress liqueur you have lying around into something at least tolerable.

bij
Feb 24, 2007

Gin, Campari, and just enough seltzer to make it fizzy is pretty delicious. It's like a Negroni but the secret is to use a ton of gin and way less Campari than the standard recipe.

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

prom candy posted:

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies
My grandfather was a bottle of Fanta and I always kind of expected that meant he was a Nazi but never had the courage to ask him, that's my story.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

prom candy posted:

Yeah coffee sucks! BAWLS ALL THE WAY!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Crabtree posted:

So how bad will it be if Irma smashes into New York and takes some of the economy along with it? The only bright spot will be if Donnie shits himself live on television trying to scream about wanting revenge on the weather if it knocks Trump Tower down, but mostly bad no matter which way the deadly winds blow our new hurricane of the month into.

Right now no one is certain Irma will hit the US at all, let along NY, but if it does then there's probably going to be trouble. The city is still reeling after Sandy because its infrastructure is so old and poorly maintained that repairs take an eternity, and the subway in particular is on death's door. More flooding might deliver the coup de grace.

• Locked thread