Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Skinny King Pimp
Aug 25, 2011
Skinny Queen Wimp

MisterOblivious posted:

"Groundswell's veggie burger takes on elite status with the addition of the Southern delicacy, pimento cheese."

I'm used to stupid bullshit in the Goddamn Hippie Bullshit Food Co-Op Newsletter but praising velveeta/mayo/pimento jizz, on a veggie burger no less, is going a bit far.

Uh, pimento cheese is good as gently caress when you make it right, don't hate.

VVVVVV agree.

Skinny King Pimp fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Jan 8, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GrAviTy84
Nov 25, 2004

Skinny King Pimp posted:

also applies to homemade velveeta and mayonnaise.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

Good pimento cheese is amazing on a smashburg

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Doh004
Apr 22, 2007

Mmmmm Donuts...

Crusty Nutsack posted:

Good pimento cheese is amazing on a smashburg

Holy poo poo I want that.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Behold a Burrito Vending Machine in Los Angeles

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Microwaved burrito dispenser... Cool.

GrAviTy84
Nov 25, 2004

related: http://www.esquire.com/blogs/food-for-men/el-farolito-best-burrito-winner-15120286?src=soc_fcbks

norcal best cal

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

It's a hard world for little things.
I guess I don't know what constitutes a `life-changing burrito' if Freeb!rds is in the top three.

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

Farolito is good but it's hardly life-changing unless you're Mrs. Gunderson. Although they are open til like 3am.

MAKE NO BABBYS
Jan 28, 2010

Skinny King Pimp posted:

VVVVVV agree.

gently caress yes pimento cheese get in my mouffffff

Lotsa bars here in SF do pimento cheese bar jar snacks, but Hog & Rocks has the best.

E: El Faro/Favorito as best bay area burrito? Bitch, you crazy. Mission burritos are far superior than San Diego burritos doe, if smaller.

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

All this time I believed that pimento cheese was strictly a petrochemical byproduct, and now I'm trawling google for homemade pimento cheese recipes with an erection. God bless GWS.

*edit: I have an erection and am trawling for pimento cheese recipes. Not trawling for pimento cheese recipes including an erection in the ingredient list. Although pimento cheese that will give me an erection is a definite maybe.

mindphlux
Jan 8, 2004

by R. Guyovich
all the ways I can think of in which a burrito would be life changing involve horrendous amounts of watery fecal expulsion

so no thanks im all set

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

We are all drinking from the highball glass of ideology.
There appears to be rice in the burrito.

Though I am a lover of rice, and a lover of burritos, these two foods do not belong together. I must disagree with Gravity on his preference of Cals, and still declare the San Diego style burrito to be superior.

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

Mr. Wiggles posted:

There appears to be rice in the burrito.

Though I am a lover of rice, and a lover of burritos, these two foods do not belong together. I must disagree with Gravity on his preference of Cals, and still declare the San Diego style burrito to be superior.

You are incorrect, rice absolutely belongs.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat
This argument is certainly going to come to a definitive conclusion.

Happy Hat
Aug 11, 2008

He just wants someone to shake his corks, is that too much to ask??
I think there should be beans in chili, and that young males should be circumcised... Also that Chicago style pizza is the only way to go.

Spit is the best lubricant.

Happy Hat
Aug 11, 2008

Beer is clearly better than wine

Hauki
May 11, 2010

I only agree with three of your five points. Clearly we are now enemies.

bloody ghost titty
Oct 23, 2008

Happy Hat posted:

Beer is clearly better than wine

:fap: go on.

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

It's a hard world for little things.

mindphlux posted:

all the ways I can think of in which a burrito would be life changing involve horrendous amounts of watery fecal expulsion
Burritos are one of those new(ish) staple foods like burgers and pizzas where you can see their roots in earlier food and you occasionally see them done with what you might call a clarity of purpose, but most of the time they end up as this kind of overproduced lol meatship kind of mess. Like you look at I dunno congee, dal, pho, borscht, or like the billions of kinds of peasant stew or dumpling dishes and they I don't know how you say it, enunciate?, more clearly. Like it isn't like there's only one kind of dal or congee or whatever the gently caress, but you go someplace where that's what they loving eat for a loving living and that poo poo is focused. And I don't just mean lol poor people don't eat fancy, I mean that they've got the nuts and bolts of how the dish works loving nailed from every possible direction. So I mean yeah I like a burrito from the local Mexican grocery and I'm not trying to make any arguments about `authentic' cuisine or whatever the gently caress, but a burrito doesn't have that sort of centre-of-culinary-culture clarity that, say, refried beans and some crumbly cheese on a corn tortilla has. That's the kind of thing that I can see having a holy poo poo food can do that kind of moment over if you've never had it before, like I dunno, the first time you try sashimi or pad ped pladuk or marrow on toast or whatever the gently caress.

mindphlux
Jan 8, 2004

by R. Guyovich

SubG posted:

Burritos are one of those new(ish) staple foods like burgers and pizzas where you can see their roots in earlier food and you occasionally see them done with what you might call a clarity of purpose, but most of the time they end up as this kind of overproduced lol meatship kind of mess. Like you look at I dunno congee, dal, pho, borscht, or like the billions of kinds of peasant stew or dumpling dishes and they I don't know how you say it, enunciate?, more clearly. Like it isn't like there's only one kind of dal or congee or whatever the gently caress, but you go someplace where that's what they loving eat for a loving living and that poo poo is focused. And I don't just mean lol poor people don't eat fancy, I mean that they've got the nuts and bolts of how the dish works loving nailed from every possible direction. So I mean yeah I like a burrito from the local Mexican grocery and I'm not trying to make any arguments about `authentic' cuisine or whatever the gently caress, but a burrito doesn't have that sort of centre-of-culinary-culture clarity that, say, refried beans and some crumbly cheese on a corn tortilla has. That's the kind of thing that I can see having a holy poo poo food can do that kind of moment over if you've never had it before, like I dunno, the first time you try sashimi or pad ped pladuk or marrow on toast or whatever the gently caress.

let me just say

I agree with you wholeheartedly and tend to agree with your posts in general.

I'll admit to not being a burrito historian or whatever, but isn't that poo poo texmex anyways? IE, bless its heart, the epitome american food of having no loving focus (second only maybe to american-italian or 70s food like poo poo encased in aspic and casseroles and stuff

I feel like I can say that, being a native texan and all. :( not that good texmex isn't really loving good/satisfying, but it's just generally 'poo poo white people invented to eat while drunk on white zinfandel', or 'poo poo mexican-americans invented to feed to white people while they're drunk off some white zinfandel', even when well executed.

:colbert:

does anyone wanna get in a fist fight, I'm feeling the whole fist fight thing right about now

we can hug afterwards :ssh:

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

mindphlux posted:

let me just say

I agree with you wholeheartedly and tend to agree with your posts in general.

I'll admit to not being a burrito historian or whatever, but isn't that poo poo texmex anyways? IE, bless its heart, the epitome american food of having no loving focus (second only maybe to american-italian or 70s food like poo poo encased in aspic and casseroles and stuff

I feel like I can say that, being a native texan and all. :( not that good texmex isn't really loving good/satisfying, but it's just generally 'poo poo white people invented to eat while drunk on white zinfandel', or 'poo poo mexican-americans invented to feed to white people while they're drunk off some white zinfandel', even when well executed.

:colbert:

does anyone wanna get in a fist fight, I'm feeling the whole fist fight thing right about now

we can hug afterwards :ssh:

Sure, I'll fistfight you. I do not like a food you like/do not like a variant if a food we like/agree with one of your opinions. Have at it!

No hugging afterwards please, thanks.

Happy Hat
Aug 11, 2008

Let me assist...

Braising is for pussies!

Happy Hat
Aug 11, 2008

Any Jamie Oliver product is clearly superior to your heirloom cast iron

Happy Hat
Aug 11, 2008

You only get a good crust by using non-stick on highest heating

Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

I like Jamie Oliver.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Happy Hat posted:

You only get a good crust by using non-stick on highest heating

Go home, you're drunk. This one isn't even able to provoke a discussion, it's just a troll.

mindphlux posted:

Nope, very Mexican... but Mexico is a big country. The lady who taught me how to cook Mexican food was from Baja, and she said that where she came from, burritos with strictly a street food, usually just beans rice and cheese, and wrapped in foil. But she said her dad had been from some other region in Mexico, and he liked his burritos smothered on a plate, restaurant-style.

a dozen swans
Aug 24, 2012
idk, I once had a lifechanging burrito. I was super drunk though so maybe it wasn't actually that good but i still remember it being p. good

Happy Hat
Aug 11, 2008

Squashy Nipples posted:

Go home, you're drunk. This one isn't even able to provoke a discussion, it's just a troll.

My camera doesnt capture red?

Ducasse is the best method for steak?

Don't brown stuff, just throw it in your slow cooker with some Campbell soup, some onion mix and some salsa?

Ceramic knives are clearly superior to steel?

I can't taste the difference between PBR and your 'artisanal' beer?

Gravity has a really good camera, it takes good pictures?

Starbucks coffee is roasted just right?

Steak should be served medium to well done?

There should be rice in burritos?

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Happy Hat posted:

I'll murder you.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Happy Hat posted:

My camera doesnt capture red?

Ducasse is the best method for steak?

Don't brown stuff, just throw it in your slow cooker with some Campbell soup, some onion mix and some salsa?

Ceramic knives are clearly superior to steel?

Gravity has a really good camera, it takes good pictures?

There should be rice in burritos?

Velveeta is a great cheese, cool whip is the only real whipped cream, all fruits and vegetables must always be peeled, and sous vide is just like making boil in a bag minute rice.

Happy Hat
Aug 11, 2008

Being good at making rice krispie bars is being a good cook

Happy Hat
Aug 11, 2008

Cooking is an art, not a craft

Happy Hat
Aug 11, 2008

There's been a whole lot of these discussions over the years, hasn't there?

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat
I never particularly enjoyed beer that much; I'd drink it sometimes when going to a pub, or occasionally have a beer with Asian food at home, but very rarely. Recently there has been a sudden shift; I've had some real beers and really enjoyed them. In contrast, the usual beers I drunk before (Stella, Heineken etc) now seem both watery and chemically. It's like at the age of 38 I've suddenly been opened up to beer. I still probably enjoy wine more but when I was away recently I'd start the evening with a good beer (I'm in the UK; I enjoyed Harvey's Tom Paine Ale and Badger Blandford Flyer). I still don't like very bitter or hoppy beers but I do enjoy some beers now. The only ones I used to enjoy at all were wheat beers like Leffe or the Same Smith's wheat beer.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
Don't forget NY style pizza is the best. (it really is though)

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Happy Hat posted:

Being good at making rice krispie bars is being a good cook

Stuffing some sausage in a roast squash means you should be an ICSA winner. :tipshat:

E: Always put beans in your chili.

Skinny King Pimp
Aug 25, 2011
Skinny Queen Wimp
It's okay to use packets of chili seasoning and nothing else in your chili that has beans in it.

e: but you should probably only use one so it isn't too spicy.

Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

therattle posted:

(Stella, Heineken etc)

Heineken must be destroyed. Next up on the list of beers they have ruined: Staropramen. They won't rest until everything tastes the same. Everyone: please don't buy Heineken, or any of the brands they own.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

Croatoan posted:

Don't forget NY style pizza is the best. (it really is though)

New Haven or GTFO