Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Vonnie posted:

Start on the current chapter, never read previous chapters, sink or swim.

for the longest time when i saw people talk about chainsaw man i thought it was this edgy violence thing that's not my jam so i just ignored it, until one day i decided i should at least check out the latest chapter to give it a fair shake. that chapter was the one where asa boldly declared that she's pretty cute before smash-cutting to Fish Facts and that's all it took to convince me the manga's good actually

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

a cartoon duck posted:

for the longest time when i saw people talk about chainsaw man i thought it was this edgy violence thing that's not my jam so i just ignored it, until one day i decided i should at least check out the latest chapter to give it a fair shake. that chapter was the one where asa boldly declared that she's pretty cute before smash-cutting to Fish Facts and that's all it took to convince me the manga's good actually

one of us; one of us

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

I really appreciate that Fujimoto doesn't write "female" characters, he just writes stupid, messy people.
Very relatable.

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

Fujimoto understands the human condition

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse

Das Boo posted:

I really appreciate that Fujimoto doesn't write "female" characters, he just writes stupid, messy people.
Very relatable.

Asa is just like me fr fr

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
https://twitter.com/MangaMoguraRE/status/1788824903283606008?t=7qObdFsD3aZb7QugsMVwQA&s=19

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
wow, knowing norman reedus was seeking out specifically searching for fire punch merch tells me more than i ever thought i'd know about norman reedus on a personal level

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1020636

They are going to do this and it is going to work

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/chainsaw-man-chapter-165/chapter/42623?action=read
https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1020636

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

LOL

This manga, chapter to chapter, cannot decide if its a comedy or a traumatic horror story and it seems to stick the landing every time. Fujimoto you mad man.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
It is impressive to see such a large group operating on one brain cell.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Theres no way this ends poorly. Also its really funny to have to make Asa and Fami say their plan out loud because its so stupid.

Jerkface fucked around with this message at 16:46 on May 14, 2024

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

I was just thinking how Denji’s life before becoming chainsaw man was worse in many ways. :smith:

Glad we have Katana dweeb to get us off the despair train in the dumbest way possible.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Asa's plan makes total sense (sort of) in that she assumes Denji's life beforehand was something relatively normal and not that he was down an eye, a ball, several organs, murdered his own dad and was in permanent enslaved debt to the yakuza.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

chainsaw man twitter manifesting kobeni at the brothel, would be a very funny way to reintroduce her but also I dont want to see kobeni reduced to that

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
"I'll save you, no matter what!", wrap it up folks they got this in the bag

having the whole crew to bounce off of is fun. though there's no way this lasts

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Jerkface posted:

chainsaw man twitter manifesting kobeni at the brothel, would be a very funny way to reintroduce her but also I dont want to see kobeni reduced to that

Not going to lie, "Kobeni has been sold into sexual slavery" would in fact absolutely destroy the series and make me stop reading it, not be 'very funny.'

Scallop Eyes
Oct 16, 2021

Jerkface posted:

This was the first thing I thought up too, but it would be funnier if she was just the receptionist or cleaner or something

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Scallop Eyes posted:

This was the first thing I thought up too, but it would be funnier if she was just the receptionist or cleaner or something

If she's the madam of this brothel then its funny.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

I wonder if Fami is generally lying about how pochita-Denji contract works or actually doesn’t grasp the contract as well as she thinks. I’m pretty sure the contract was to “show Pochita Denji’s dreams.” Real chainsaw man showed up because Makima made his dreams come true and Makima completely destroyed them. So I guess Fami’s plan is to get War to defeat chainsaw man, so war can turn CSM into a weapon, which then means he’s not living a normal life dream I guess???

What I’m getting at is Fami might be dumb as rocks, or big brain master manipulator smart. There is no in between.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Could easily see her working security.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Scallop Eyes posted:

The Notorious ZSB posted:

If she's the madam of this brothel then its funny.

I would be down for these, I dont want to see kobeni humiliated in a sexual context but i also wouldnt put it past fujimoto to really drag a character through it like that.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

I also feel like Asa is just going to object to this 100% anyway

Also where is the nail fiend

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Bread Set Jettison posted:

I also feel like Asa is just going to object to this 100% anyway

Also where is the nail fiend

Didn't the nail fiend get killed?

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

When? I thought she was laying in bed with unconscious Denji’s a few chapters ago

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

ImpAtom posted:

No the Nail Fiend is alive, but I think they stayed at the house cause unlike everyone else here they can't blend in.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

https://twitter.com/D_Kumii/status/1790422542613717293

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Huh, maybe Katana man is not such a bad dude. :v:

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

Jerkface posted:

Kobeni at the brothel but as security instead of a sex worker; she ends up bullying Sideburns again

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
It's really interesting how everyone is in complete denial about what's going on in the world right now. No way Denji can get back to a "normal" life when nobody is living a normal life right now

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

do you think maybe fujimoto's trying to say something here lads

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Sagabal posted:

do you think maybe fujimoto's trying to say something here lads

sushishi is a budget sushi restaurant, but i hear they use fresh fish

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Hunt11 posted:

It is impressive to see such a large group operating on one brain cell.

Denji clearly has like a full half a functioning brain, lets not pretend he's not the smartest person in the group right now.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
even if fami is 100% telling the truth about her plan it's still completely impossible. these dumb losers can't arrange a heart transplant! the rest of it might work, in theory. but denji would definitely die at the end and asa's the only one that would care.

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

Can someone remind me how Asa lost her arm again

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

RuBisCO posted:

Can someone remind me how Asa lost her arm again

Octopus Lad cut it off.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

CharlestonJew posted:

It's really interesting how everyone is in complete denial about what's going on in the world right now. No way Denji can get back to a "normal" life when nobody is living a normal life right now

It's great Denji is the only one flabbergasted by basically everything right now.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

CharlestonJew posted:

yeah Denji being so out of the loop thanks to being in pieces for a while means he's the only person who hasn't been fully desensitized how bad poo poo is.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!
*stepping over a dead body*

Look Denji if you just let a group of high schoolers give you a heart transplant you can go back to your normal life.

*city skyline collapsing, on fire*

I'm sure your daughter is safe with the police, you can go pick her up and go back to school.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Scallop Eyes posted:

Yeah this would be funny, anything more than that and it would be ugly as hell and a weird turn.