Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

VROOM VROOM posted:

how dare you forget fallout, smoothskin

I've never played Fallout

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Ekster posted:

artificial intelligence is 99% hoax bullshit and has nothing to do with the 'general' intelligence people associate with that term

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

new war

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
The STEM system which bases everything on data and non-human elements with no regard for morals unsuprisingly does not prepare it's students well for interacting with human elements with morals

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Mr. Sharps posted:

gringostar why are engineers almost to a man shithead loudmouth libertarians who all fancy themselves gods own galt

they mostly grew up as middle class whites and lol if you think they've ever recognized they were born on third

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Phone posted:

cool job interview story #2: the hr person for my current gig would call me up the day before a holiday, it would go to voicemail, and then when i tried to call back, their voicemail was like "i'm out of the office for the next week on vacation, kthx". they did this on the wednesday before thanksgiving and december 23rd. i don't think i actually got on the phone with them until like february or some garbage.

When I graduated out of trade school for video production the placement guy there was like "Don't worry about it, I've got the place for you. Don't even bother applying at another place" and I was like poo poo, cool. Went in for an interview, it was pretty good. Called them a week later, "still interviewing candidates", another week "still wanna talk to some people" third week they sound loving annoyed that I'm even calling so I'm like oh cool thanks everybody you loving assholes and quit calling, I'm loving pissed at the school and these people and eventually just take up a day job.

A year goes by and the place calls me, they want me to come in and work post production. I'm still kinda mad at them but I still want to work in the field so I agree. Get in and find out ohhhhhhhh their post production lady is about to go on maternity leave. They tell me "oh no no don't worry about it you'll still be here when she comes back we need people". Work the job for a few months, she comes back....."ohhhhh well we're needing to cut down and you're getting laid off"

Fuuuuuuuuuuck

Edit: literally every other interview experience I've had other than that has been great, and most working experience too.

Edit: That film production place was small and I hated everyone there but I would have put up with it for the experience and to use as a step into something else but they fuuuuuucked me good.

Intel&Sebastian has issued a correction as of 01:19 on Jul 21, 2017

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Noishe

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Mr. Sharps posted:

gringostar why are engineers almost to a man shithead loudmouth libertarians who all fancy themselves gods own galt

I can answer this

Engineers design instead of build, which means they give the lowly plebes in construction their matching orders from atop their golden towers as they sip their coffee

It also means when the economy tanks they're the first to get jettisoned for younger engineers that are easier to exploit lol

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Squizzle posted:

lost my stylus so id have to draw w my fingers now, but here, for you, i will

We got some motherfuckin talent up in here yall

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Squizzle posted:

lost my stylus so id have to draw w my fingers now, but here, for you, i will

nice

now do bannon

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

lmao only 30 loving days off their sentence for it too

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015

My bird blood is ethically sourced.
That picture reminded me that ivanka is a living modigliani

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Gringostar posted:

they mostly grew up as middle class whites and lol if you think they've ever recognized they were born on third

it's this

one of the libertarians i work with is even a vet and still bitches about the government spending money

like he'll get himself up on a tear tryin to lecture to the junior engineers about whatever bullshit has popped into his idiot head and eventually just get himself laughed at since we're literally paid by the government to design public infrastructure

we get along ok tho my thing lately has been to tell him that i enjoy paying taxes because i'm proud of my duty to society which he finds really funny

Dairy Days
Dec 26, 2007

Chokes McGee posted:

I can answer this

Engineers design instead of build, which means they give the lowly plebes in construction their matching orders from atop their golden towers as they sip their coffee

It also means when the economy tanks they're the first to get jettisoned for younger engineers that are easier to exploit lol

it also means nothing can be reasonably serviced anymore cause it was never conceived of outside of a cad program before hitting the production line

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Chokes McGee posted:

I can answer this

Whenever I see someone whose skillset is 99% coding boosting programs that are dedicated to brute forcing through as many people as possible into the coding field I have a little laugh

It's like buddy, ask any nurse about what is being done to your field right now. You should loving unionize 10 years ago

Dairy Days
Dec 26, 2007

going to a engineering school turned me into a communist

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

deadgoon posted:

does being president mean he can pay off the loans or does it mean he never has to pay off the loans

Yes.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

zen death robot posted:

do they live in a right to work state if so then unionizing ain't gonna happen

It's not RTW that's preventing unionizing in the software dev field, especially considering most of the field self-selects to live in states without RTW

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Gringostar posted:

ding ding ding

they've coasted from middle class to "upper middle class" and they think class mobility is real because a white guy born to two parents making ~$60k each grew up to make $80k a year right out of the college his parents paid for

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Main Paineframe posted:

desperate people will grasp at anything and that fuckface knows it

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
http://www.politico.com/story/2017/07/20/trump-goes-off-script-fumes-about-sessions-russia-240743

quote:

Because only one staffer, Hope Hicks, was in Trump’s interview, others were left to hurriedly transcribe a tape recording of the meeting after the fact — just so they could know what the president had said. Others rushed to talk to Hicks in the West Wing. “Only Hope really knew,” said one senior administration official. “Everyone else was in the dark.”

lol

quote:

Aides say Trump has no immediate plans to fire Mueller but often fumes about him, his team and where his investigation could lead. Trump told The Times that he believed it would be “a violation” for Mueller to look at his family’s financial dealings beyond anything involving Russia, for example. A spokesman for Mueller declined to comment.

Rosenstein isn’t someone the president often mentions, one official said, but “it’s not like he is close with him.”

Trump has blamed Sessions for much of the mess he now finds himself in and sees the recusal as a pivotal moment in his presidency, advisers and aides say. And he thinks Sessions hasn't always presented himself well in public. The top campaign adviser is no longer in the inner circle.

Guilty as gently caress.

quote:

Trump did not consult before the interview with his lawyers, who weren’t aware that he was going to be talking about the investigation extensively, according to a person close to the legal team. He didn’t prepare answers with top aides, some of whom were unaware he had been in such a lengthy interview with The New York Times.

lmaoooooo

Edit: I almost don't care how much Trump dick the NYT has to suck as long as they keep getting him to do this.

Itzena
Aug 2, 2006

Nothing will improve the way things currently are.
Slime TrainerS

Agrajag posted:

nice

now do bannon

And then draw him, too.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/brianstelter/status/888192339025563648

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Baloogan posted:

ur one of my fav posters
i literally use ur opionos and posts to sound smarts to my friens famiyl

also ive had a bottle of gin ande im dissapointed beause im not even drunk

thats what i refer to as cruisin' altitude m8...ur BAC is prob over a .15 but its such a familiar feeling u dont even notice~ :tinsley:

Guy Goodbody posted:

I've never played Fallout

well thats terrible, i think u should!

never...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyLAvPR8RUg

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Main Paineframe posted:

That's fantastic. It's not the hardened criminals this is even designed to appeal to. It's the extremely poor petty criminals with short sentences who don't want to lose their jobs because they can't make bail. Plea guilty and get a vasectomy to not have your life ruined.

e: And I'm sure you'll still have court costs and parole to deal with.

Bethamphetamine has issued a correction as of 01:34 on Jul 21, 2017

BAE OF PIGS
Nov 28, 2016

Tup
I train all the new people at my job and I'm consistently wondering how they got the job.

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

LEAVE JEFFREY ALONE

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself
OJ didn't do it.

Also, remember that Mark Fuhrman is/was a frequent FoxNews guest.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Can't vasectomies be reversed?

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

*snake poem*

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

can't wait to die in an ambush in the mountains.

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Dairy Days posted:

it also means nothing can be reasonably serviced anymore cause it was never conceived of outside of a cad program before hitting the production line

drafters/engineers that can think beyond cad/revit/inventor are literally worth their weight in gold

like if you can do that you can land jobs that pay just at or a little under six figures with no degree

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
don’t ever get your balls messed with to atone for a crime

http://www.adultswim.com/videos/tim-erics-bedtime-stories/tornado/

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Dairy Days posted:

mechanics and electronics should be taught in school

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Lmao that interview, just lmao

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Venom Snake posted:

The STEM system which bases everything on data and non-human elements with no regard for morals unsuprisingly does not prepare it's students well for interacting with human elements with morals

the acronym "STEM" has obscured a lot of differences between those four fields tho

science (excluding medicine) and math are more well-balanced educations on average than tech and engineering

old.flv
Jan 28, 2017

A good lad who likes his Anna's.
another reason why STEM guys become insufferable libertarians is that they grow up setting up local networks and doing basic ops stuff that gives them the impression they're problem solvers and "know how complicated things work"

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Epic High Five posted:

Can't vasectomies be reversed?

ofc they are!

if they can transplant faces, pennises, and ed balls im sure someone out there can fix ya up if u got the scrilla

old.flv
Jan 28, 2017

A good lad who likes his Anna's.
like you know how you can fix a ton of issues by just unplugging the problem device and trying again? stemertarians want to do that with people and resources

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Grand Theft Autobot posted:

OJ didn't do it.

Truth.

It was his crazy son.

• Locked thread