Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tribladeofchaos
Jul 2, 2008

IT'S SHOWTIME!

Ah yes noted manly man John Wayne who dodged the draft and was a white supremacist, DEFINITELY a model for children. There's a special place in hell for people who say this poo poo about Fred Rogers, the man was as close to a saint as we could get.

Edit: Ugh what an awful snipe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

RoboRodent posted:

Hey, buddy, just because you can't handle spicy food doesn't mean the rest of us are only pretending to enjoy the experience.

Full confession: I am definitely a person who has happily ordered food that last time brought me to tears. I never regret it.

Clearly the entirety of the Indian subcontinent chose their spices to specifically spite him, Tom Irishman.

Carados
Jan 28, 2009

We're a couple, when our bodies double.

John Wayne Was A Nazi
He liked to play SS
He had a picture of Adolf, the boy
Tucked in his cowboy vest

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/NikkiMcR/status/1199541611195228160

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

EL BROMANCE posted:

When I have more energy I will yell at him in the Florida discord.

It is cool how me calling out specific things I don't like in Indian food has forums-morphed into "lol Sandwich hates indian food what a dumbass"

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

It is cool how me calling out specific things I don't like in Indian food has forums-morphed into "lol Sandwich hates indian food what a dumbass"

Crisis averted.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

" I just don't buy that the person on the roller coaster screaming his head off means it when he says he's having a good time, either.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

I hear he's a liar, too

You could always eat my poo poo, that's a pretty close approximation to Indian food. gently caress off, rear end in a top hat.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

LordSaturn posted:

I hear he's a liar, too

woof, that's good thread content

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

LordSaturn posted:

I hear he's a liar, too

You could also read ahead in the thread like 4 posts where I talk about the things I do like, or recognize the context of that post in relation to a random attack by a time travel poster from an earlier convo, but this is also cool. I'm honestly surprised it took someone that long to trip over themselves to cherry pick a post to "own" me with

Sandwich Anarchist has a new favorite as of 06:19 on Nov 27, 2019

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

You could also read ahead in the thread like 4 posts where I talk about the things I do like, but this is also cool. I'm honestly surprised it took someone that long to trip over themselves to cherry pick a post to "own" me with

you called an entire culture's food diarrhea you jackass

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Screaming Idiot posted:

you called an entire culture's food diarrhea you jackass

Similar to every post you make, and the interior of your head

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Similar to every post you make, and the interior of your head

i learned it from you

except for the racism, i try not to do that

EDIT: Seriously though, that was some really racist stuff you said. It's okay to dislike food, and it's okay to call particular instances of food diarrhea-esque -- Golden Corral is pretty much that as a franchise -- but you sound exactly like the rear end in a top hat on Twitter when you ignorantly disparage an entire culture's fare.

Screaming Idiot has a new favorite as of 06:33 on Nov 27, 2019

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

LordSaturn posted:

I hear he's a liar, too

lol this same dude yelled at me for "virtue signaling" in another thread when someone made a lovely eugenics joke

really shocked that he's racist

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK
Put him on ignore already.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

E: ok stirring the pot a little too much now haha

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Picnic Princess posted:

"Unlike you Liberals/Millennials, I'm not so easily offended" part 134729.

I actually also hate the term "friendsgiving." Like, I'm not violently mad about it, but it seems to imply it's not a proper Thanksgiving if you aren't with blood relatives and many people don't do that because of cost of travel, personal tragedy, or just their blood relatives being loving horrible people.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Sandwich Anarchist v. Screaming Idiot is some real battle of the intellectual titans poo poo, which one's peterson and which one's ratcoonman sniffalot?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

It makes me want to buy a gun so I can shoot him in the face.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

more like sandwich fascist

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

T-man posted:

Sandwich Anarchist v. Screaming Idiot is some real battle of the intellectual titans poo poo, which one's peterson and which one's ratcoonman sniffalot?

I do rummage around garbage a lot, but I'm neither transphobic nor Islamophobic.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Skwirl posted:

I actually also hate the term "friendsgiving." Like, I'm not violently mad about it, but it seems to imply it's not a proper Thanksgiving if you aren't with blood relatives and many people don't do that because of cost of travel, personal tragedy, or just their blood relatives being loving horrible people.

Several of my friends use it precisely for that reason. They're unwelcome at home for typical reasons so they proudly proclaim "gently caress thanksgiving, I'm doing friendsgiving instead with my chosen family who don't hate me for being queer".

Kashclarke
Feb 13, 2015

T-man posted:

Hahaha oh please run for president

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
When elected Awful President I promise to make sure T-Man posts about being vegan and saying that all cis heterosexual white men be sent to a gulag, something that she has never done before, as a refreshing and hilarious joke to shock us with the absurdity of such an idea despite her stated devotion to nonviolence and understanding

(i <3 u, T-Man)

Screaming Idiot has a new favorite as of 08:44 on Nov 27, 2019

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Calm down you knuckleheads

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
I'm only allowed to say "maybe the real idiots on social media were the friends we made along the way" once per calendar year so I've got nothing.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

https://twitter.com/ifyoucantwell/status/1199526428091437056

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Skwirl posted:

I'm meh about it because it's a dumb sounding portmanteau that ignores portmanteau rules, like "chocoholic"

But I can't really think of a better way to express the concept, so I'm down with it until we all collectively accept that Thanksgiving has nothing to do with biological families and can freely be spent with whoever you consider important in your life.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Tribladeofchaos posted:

Ah yes noted manly man John Wayne who dodged the draft and was a white supremacist, DEFINITELY a model for children. There's a special place in hell for people who say this poo poo about Fred Rogers, the man was as close to a saint as we could get.

Edit: Ugh what an awful snipe

It's quite impressive how John Wayne managed to create this image of being a genuine badass when there were so many actors of the same time who did actually serve in World War II. I guess part of the problem is that people who've actually been in a war realise it's not a good thing that should be glamourised.

Clerical Terrors
Apr 24, 2016

I'm so tired, I'm so very tired

Data Graham posted:

I'm meh about it because it's a dumb sounding portmanteau that ignores portmanteau rules, like "chocoholic"

But I can't really think of a better way to express the concept, so I'm down with it until we all collectively accept that Thanksgiving has nothing to do with biological families and can freely be spent with whoever you consider important in your life.

Not to meddle but wouldn't it just be easier to do keep using Thanksgiving even if you aren't going to see your family? Like wouldn't that be more effective at introducing the idea that it doesn't necessarily have anything to do with your legal family?

Sunswipe posted:

It's quite impressive how John Wayne managed to create this image of being a genuine badass when there were so many actors of the same time who did actually serve in World War II. I guess part of the problem is that people who've actually been in a war realise it's not a good thing that should be glamourised.

I mean if somebody bases their worldview on what fictional characters an actor portrayed like they're the same thing we're probably past the point where you can logic them out of it.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Clerical Terrors posted:

Not to meddle but wouldn't it just be easier to do keep using Thanksgiving even if you aren't going to see your family? Like wouldn't that be more effective at introducing the idea that it doesn't necessarily have anything to do with your legal family?

Yes, that's what I do with it. "Thanksgiving" to me has always just referred to the holiday and the food, it's never implied that everyone has the same family/travel ritual.

But I guess some people do want to project the fact that they're doing their own flavor of it with friends and don't want to have to explain their plans beyond a single word they're putting in their Outlook calendar or something. Like "staycation"

car dance
May 12, 2010

Ben is actually an escaped polar bear, posing as a human.

Unlikely because Polar Bears do not know how to speak.
Also it does not make any sense.
Friendsgiving also doesn’t typically take place on the actual date of Thanksgiving, in my experience, which makes it possible to do both.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Enjoying a communal meal rather than grinning and bearing an interminable dinner with your extended family is something only the sicko libs would do

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Yeah, my family's never done Thanksgiving and is overseas besides, so whatever I've done with friends, if at all, has been it.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

We don't have Thanksgiving here because we're not American but it is interesting how it bleeds into other countries. Like we have Black Friday sales here, despite not having Thanksgiving.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
https://twitter.com/christopherhope/status/1199639844097531904

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

Keep in mind that the documents are about the Tories trying to sell-out and privatize the NHS.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

I, like all journalists, hate being given information.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Absurd Alhazred posted:

I, like all journalists, hate being given information.

Tbf, we are talking about the British press.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

MizPiz posted:

Tbf, we are talking about the British press.

Fair, I should not besmirch their reputation by calling them journalists. Paparazzi senza telecamere?