Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Clitch posted:

This fight is like two people arguing over how best to jerk off the same impotent, coke numbed, dick.

Ticking Caucasian Time Bomb is a great name for an oi band,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jpmeyer
Jan 17, 2012

parody image of che

Gyges posted:

So after the last week or so of everyone on both sides tweeting like loving idiots and loads of people linked to the gaming sites tweeting like they want to get fired, the gaming sites come out with a letter asking people to play nice and report abuse?

It's like they are doing everything in their power to boost the signal of the people they've been yelling at this whole time.

now i want to see all the gamers submit harassment reports for all of the people @ replying to them that they are murder rapists

rizuhbull
Mar 30, 2011

Gyges posted:

So after the last week or so of everyone on both sides tweeting like loving idiots and loads of people linked to the gaming sites tweeting like they want to get fired, the gaming sites come out with a letter asking people to play nice and report abuse?

It's like they are doing everything in their power to boost the signal of the people they've been yelling at this whole time.
I know! It's great (and hilarious)!

Gerpy
Feb 23, 2010

THE PENETRATOR posted:

the only game i play is dark souls
japan superiority

:hfive: Feels like that's all I've been playing too.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

NutritiousSnack posted:

Meltdown May continues to September

what is this

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Wait, please tell me this open letter is the much hyped secret Monday event that was going to really get at the Gamers that 4Chan has been constantly talking about being warned of.

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007
Man all I thought I was doing was running a place for people who play fighting games to take it to the next level I didnt know I was making future murder mysoginistic animalistic savage retards...I wasnt aware I was one of these either...drat just for liking video games...phew glad i have all these great gaming media sites to tell me how much I suck. Yeech.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Idiocy keeping fuel on the fire. If these idiots would literally stop talking about it, the story would go away and people would find a new thing to talk about.

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Forums Barber posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgW5NRUfs44

This is pretty entertaining. Maya Kramer, Zoe's PR person (one of the five guys who happens to be a woman) slept with the head of the Indie Games Fest and whaddya know, all of the winners and finalists either employ Maya for PR or straight up work at the same PR company she does.

What I got from this is the Indie Game scene are extremely creepy and culty.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBK5aKOr2Fw

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

Gyges posted:

Wait, please tell me this open letter is the much hyped secret event that was going to really get at the Gamers that 4Chan has been constantly talking about being warned of.

Yep it was the exact thing that was warned of.

falcon2424
May 2, 2005

Jimbone Tallshanks posted:

Okay can someone fill me in here.

1) Zoe Quinn slept with gaming "journalists"
2) Any discussion about it got deleted
3) ____________________
4) Gaming is inherently misogynistic and all gamers should die, RIP gamers

Zoe Quinn says she's a feminist. Feminists support women.

Lots of gamers disagreed with Zoe. They must hate america women.

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!
3000 unread posts. What gives

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

serious norman posted:

3000 unread posts. What gives

SJWs and nerds are going to kill each other and it's going to rock

Gyges posted:

Wait, please tell me this open letter is the much hyped secret Monday event that was going to really get at the Gamers that 4Chan has been constantly talking about being warned of.

4chan inside man is once again correct. Gamers+ was loving real.

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!

NutritiousSnack posted:

Good

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
They're going to come out with some huge essay on gamers+ and how being mean is bad and we should all respect each other and then nice things will happen and then maybe just MAYBE we can enact true change in this ever shifting and volatile games industry

and then someone will call them all faggots

Cyberball 2072
Feb 17, 2014

by Lowtax

NutritiousSnack posted:

4chan inside man is once again correct. Gamers+ was loving real.

Is there more to the gamers+ thing? I saw the image, was there a panel at pax or something more to it?

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Cyberball 2072 posted:

Is there more to the gamers+ thing? I saw the image, was there a panel at pax or something more to it?

GentlemanBrofro
Mar 9, 2011

by Lowtax

Cyberball 2072 posted:

iirc it first started as a small rumor, but then several "journalists" started saying poo poo like "we reject gamers for a substitute title" and a few other journalists outright put Gamer+ in their descriptions.

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

It's good to be nice to people and accept them, even if you don't like what they do or their opinions. :)

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Big Ol Marsh Pussy posted:

It's good to be nice to people and accept them, even if you don't like what they do or their opinions. :)

Someone tell the game journalists this.

The Monkey Man
Jun 10, 2012

HERD U WERE TALKIN SHIT
I'm glad that the few indie companies whose games I've played haven't felt that this was worth commenting on.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

NutritiousSnack posted:

Meltdown May continues to September

is that top comment the nods respectfully guy cause that would be amazing

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus

Except they've proven over and over that they're all too willing to make exceptions to that stance, whenever they feel like it.

Tolerance is basically a game of Calvinball to these people.

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

Clitch posted:

Except they've proven over and over that they're all too willing to make exceptions to that stance, whenever they feel like it.

Tolerance is basically a game of Calvinball to these people.

You are threatened by people who are mad that there are no trans people in video games.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

argondamn posted:

Sadly not.

So, an open letter. Truly the most empty and effort-free of gestures. Not to mention that the core message is "report bad stuff", which relies on the reporting process actually doing anything worthwhile (lol Facebook hate speech policy) and people not just using burner accounts to carry on doing the same old poo poo.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Forums Barber posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgW5NRUfs44

This is pretty entertaining. Maya Kramer, Zoe's PR person (one of the five guys who happens to be a woman) slept with the head of the Indie Games Fest and whaddya know, all of the winners and finalists either employ Maya for PR or straight up work at the same PR company she does.

...holy gently caress

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT SPHERICAL CATS
=3

You are threatened by people who are mad that there are no trans people in video games.

You like the Bengals. We all do illogical things sometimes.

DEAD MAN'S SHOE
Nov 23, 2003

We will become evil and the stars will come alive
So much of blog, tumblr, kotaku dead spin etc is literally online twitter drama, wider internet now resembles early SA and it's taking online journalism with it

I love it

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

haha this really is the story of the world's worst PR lady

all of these concurrent shitstorms over nothing because they all hired the same complete retard for PR

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

Poison exists and is a beloved character. there's bridget too...though bridget is a boy forced to live as a girl...does that count?
pretty sure there are others i am forgetting in the metal gear series.

AkumaHokoru fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Sep 2, 2014

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Having one correct opinion doesn't justify the overall behavior exhibited by these jokes of journalists. They're censors, bullies, liars and have zero integrity. Wanting more trans people in video games or trying to obfuscate their shittyness with politically correct BS doesn't change that they should be held account able for all the rest of their actions.

DEAD MAN'S SHOE
Nov 23, 2003

We will become evil and the stars will come alive

cock hero flux posted:

haha this really is the story of the world's worst PR lady

all of these concurrent shitstorms over nothing because they all hired the same complete retard for PR

It's almost as if online drama whores thought they could apply the same tactics to public relations work

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Saw a tweet saying "trolls are spamming people’s Patreons with fake pledges"

A whole new avenue of comedy opens up.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

argondamn posted:

If there were a god it would have been Devon Farci.

rainy day
Jul 20, 2009

by Ralp

XK posted:

Holy poo poo. This is the Maya Kramer PR person's Twitter. Look at the date:

https://twitter.com/legobutts/status/501855043612848128

What conspiracy? You're crazy.

You are a joke.

Top Bunk Wanker
Jan 31, 2005

Top Trump Anger

Tarnop posted:

Saw a tweet saying "trolls are spamming people’s Patreons with fake pledges"

A whole new avenue of comedy opens up.

This happened to me and it's very serious.

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

=3

rainy day posted:

You are a joke.

This is a comedy website, we are all jokes.

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

=3

you paid 10 dollars to post.

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

natetimm posted:

Having one correct opinion doesn't justify the overall behavior exhibited by these jokes of journalists. They're censors, bullies, liars and have zero integrity. Wanting more trans people in video games or trying to obfuscate their shittyness with politically correct BS doesn't change that they should be held account able for all the rest of their actions.

You have serious mad opinions about video game journalism lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skunny Wundy
Jul 9, 2012

I just went through Zoe's tweets and now I'm all sweaty.

• Locked thread