Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

rip Nintendo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

lmao the switch is basically fully hacked already. Kind of a shame but it's going to be such an amazing emulator machine that I'm glad that scene will be up and running soon

all right i'll buy one now

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

the nds was super easy to pirate but it still made them a trillion bucks and they already profited a shitton with the switch

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

yea i wonder out of the millions who own the console, how many of them are going to mod it

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

my Switch is pure and protected thank you very much I shan't be short-circuiting it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I imagine you can also get banned from online with a hacked console so you can't use their Nintyflix or whatever

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS

In Training posted:

I imagine you can also get banned from online with a hacked console so you can't use their Nintyflix or whatever

Oh no lol

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
the ending of the jay and silent bob movie where they fly around and beat up internet comment kids but it's filthy switch pirates

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

i hope the pirates have their dark hearts softened by nintendo's joyful games

Sex Tragedy
Jan 28, 2007

father of three with an extra large butt
Does anyone think it's moral to pirate games for children whose parents can't afford them?

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS

Sex Tragedy posted:

Does anyone think it's moral to pirate games for children whose parents can't afford them?

ResetERA is that way my dude

discount cathouse
Mar 25, 2009

Sex Tragedy posted:

only if you delete them after 24 hours

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

discount cathouse posted:

only if you delete them after 24 hours

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

downloading copies of creative works is good for the body and the soul

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
Can't download cardboard and string.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Sex Tragedy posted:

It's legal if they're edutainment titles and you have an active library card

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I saw mighty gunvolt burst got an update and figured it was a new dlc char but since I've last checked they've added what looks like 7 new playable characters. This is awesome.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
Lol I assume that's the main character from galgun 2. That just came out today

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

:siren: ENGLISH VERSION OF SAGA SCARLET GRACE IS IN THE WORKS FOR SWITCH AND A BUNCH OF INFERIOR PLATFORMS :siren:

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Fungah! posted:

:siren: ENGLISH VERSION OF SAGA SCARLET GRACE IS IN THE WORKS FOR SWITCH AND A BUNCH OF INFERIOR PLATFORMS :siren:

what is this? the box art looks sick that's all i know .

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Fungah! posted:

Yeeeeeeeeessssssss!

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

goferchan posted:

Ever played any of the SaGa games? (Final Fantasy Legend, Romancing SaGa, SaGa Frontier, etc.) It's the latest game in the series

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

goferchan posted:

what pablo said but apparently this ones half jrpg and half a visual novel style thing with all the crazy saga nonsense in the background. it sounds fairly freakin epic to me

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

im also going to put in a plug for romancing saga 2 here, they ported the phone version to switch and even though the port sucks mondo rear end the game rules to an insane degree. you play as a dynasty of kings who are trying to fight against these demonic heroes across hundreds of years and there are all sorts of cool systems and things to play around with. it and saga frontier are the most sane games i've played from kawazu and they both rule insanely hard

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Yeah I was actually thinking about buying that today. I played the weird gameboy final fantasy games with robots and mutant meat and stuff when I was a kid but that's my only experience w the series

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I've actually not played much of the SaGa series besides Frontier 2 but I respect Kawazu immensely for just making whatever weird poo poo he wants to

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

romancing saga 2 is one of the weirder jrpgs ive played. its worth checking out even if you dont finish it, theres an introductory generation and then the game is just. heres 27 scenarios, that you can do in any order, with no clear goal whatsoever, and sometimes youll fight one of the Eight Bad Guys, or maybe youll just have a nice time killing goblins in a cave for some people.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

In Training posted:

romancing saga 2 is one of the weirder jrpgs ive played. its worth checking out even if you dont finish it, theres an introductory generation and then the game is just. heres 27 scenarios, that you can do in any order, with no clear goal whatsoever, and sometimes youll fight one of the Eight Bad Guys, or maybe youll just have a nice time killing goblins in a cave for some people.

I can't imagine anyone finishing it the last boss is absurd. But yeah it's about the insane convoluted journey and not the badly translated destination.

e: the reviews I read for scarlet grace said the plot is the usual impenetrable nonsense but the battle system is extremely sick.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

P-Mack posted:

I can't imagine anyone finishing it the last boss is absurd. But yeah it's about the insane convoluted journey and not the badly translated destination.

e: the reviews I read for scarlet grace said the plot is the usual impenetrable nonsense but the battle system is extremely sick.

i'm pretty sure they toned down the last boss for the port, he was only getting four actions a round instead of seven and he spaced out his huge starkiller attacks so i didn't get nailed with more than two a round. i beat him semi-handily on my first exploratory fight and only used quicktime whenever the buff from it wore out

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

https://twitter.com/tinycartridge/status/989518965633318913

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

lol

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

lmao

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lmao

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
bozack norseman

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Awesome

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Cobalt Viper posted:

bozack norseman

Pole jack a norseman

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

thats a photoshop and im extremely mad about it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Fungah! posted:

what pablo said but apparently this ones half jrpg and half a visual novel style thing with all the crazy saga nonsense in the background. it sounds fairly freakin epic to me

it's a SaGa game made with no money so they abstracted away everything except combat and dialogue (and it still runs like poo poo on Vita)