Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
sitting completely still in a dark, quiet place just aint the kinda poo poo you can hail mary your way out of

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/ABC7Chicago/status/1628932779109908480

Snowfall soon

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
https://twitter.com/freepsports/status/1628955342498414597?s=46&t=GxZoSKgPzb_-zyUnvLFKvg

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://twitter.com/JFowlerESPN/status/1628965241336766465

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

I know things improved some after they fired Pleasant but that’s quite a vote of confidence for a guy who coordinated a bottom 3 defense.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

Least surprising offseason move they could have made, dude was a healthy scratch for most of the season.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Two Cocaine Bears released in the same week

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y479wc-i334

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Beta, Brockers

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/tejfbanalytics/status/1628153691034484736

lmao the only reason the Bears run game was any good was justin Fields lol.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Dexo posted:

https://twitter.com/tejfbanalytics/status/1628153691034484736

lmao the only reason the Bears run game was any good was justin Fields lol.

i mean, no poo poo . linebackers looked absolutely frozen at times not knowing what to do because they knew if they committed wrong fields would run 60 yards for a td

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

https://twitter.com/Chiefs/status/1629222347767967745

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

:lmao: He’s going to get a second shot at HC before Bienemy gets his first.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

I can see Nagy learning from his mistakes. There were some things he did well. I feel like if he can get over needing to be the offensive guy and actually hire and trust people to develop, he could be successful. I also suspect he is incapable of this and just really wants to be an OC who develops fun plays.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

Probably not.

Unless Nagy gets like a dream offer he can't refuse.

He is extremely just going to replace Reid when Reid retires in 3-5 years.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
The feeling I always got with Nagy was that for the first part of his tenure, he was stapled to Mitch because Pace gave up a bunch of poo poo to get him and Nagy very badly resented that, but couldn't do anything about it. In the second part of his tenure, he just didn't want to build the offense around Fields because ????????? and things just didn't work out.

I always kinda got the feeling he was a guy who would be much better in his second try at HC.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Nagy's first season was really good. Shame about everything after that.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

MJeff posted:

The feeling I always got with Nagy was that for the first part of his tenure, he was stapled to Mitch because Pace gave up a bunch of poo poo to get him and Nagy very badly resented that, but couldn't do anything about it. In the second part of his tenure, he just didn't want to build the offense around Fields because ????????? and things just didn't work out.

I always kinda got the feeling he was a guy who would be much better in his second try at HC.

I think the issue with the last year, was he got burned by mitch not being ready, and knew that his job was on the line, and didn't trust rookies.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

SKULL.GIF posted:

Nagy's first season was really good. Shame about everything after that.

Nagy's like first 6 games were good. After that, the Bears Defense was historically great that year.

I think Nagy has the tools to be a good head coach, but absolutely does not, at least yet, have the ability to be both the head coach and the lead playcaller.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Dexo posted:

I think the issue with the last year, was he got burned by mitch not being ready, and knew that his job was on the line, and didn't trust rookies.

I can definitely see that, he got burned by Trubisky and just wanted to build around the known quantity, Andy Dalton, rather than taking another chance with a big question mark in Fields.

But on the other hand, part of the skillset necessary to be a good head coach is being able to evaluate talent, purely for example, being able to tell the difference between a Mitch Trubisky and a Justin Fields.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Nagy was fine his first year. The offense had low talent but he got mediocrity out of them and a good way to get the defense to buy in and play out of their mind was to give them dumb offensive gadget plays to have fun with.

Then the doinks.
The double doink broke his brain.
It happened during the super bowl so honestly I would fire Nagy even if he was good because it appears the doinks follow him!

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Also it became clear that his job was dependent on QB performance so he micromanaged them into oblivion. I do honestly believe he knew Fields would break out but was explicitly told "develop him as a passer" so he didn't let him run.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Honestly, that last season of Pace and Nagy was just a huge misstep on their parts. They knew their jobs were on the line, but they had just drafted their franchise quarterback. They could easily have bought themselves another year if they just said their focus was going to be developing Fields.

Thank goodness they were too dumb

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Sataere posted:

Honestly, that last season of Pace and Nagy was just a huge misstep on their parts. They knew their jobs were on the line, but they had just drafted their franchise quarterback. They could easily have bought themselves another year if they just said their focus was going to be developing Fields.

Thank goodness they were too dumb

I don’t think there was any way Pace and Nagy were buying themselves another year without making the playoffs. They barely even survived long enough to get that last year, no way the Bears were going to let those two stick around without showing immediate signs of improvement.

Bird in a Blender fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Feb 25, 2023

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Bird in a Blender posted:

I don’t think there was any way Pace and Nagy were buying themselves another year without making the playoffs. They barely even survived long enough to get that last year, no way the Bears were going to let those two stick around with showing immediate signs of improvement.

Yeah, that's why we weren't baying for blood this year, Nagy and Pace should not have been retained for that last year, and they burned down the franchise as they fought to keep their jobs.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Don't underestimate the fact that Nagy had a winning record. If they went into that last season with the expressed plan of developing and building for the future because they felt their window had closed, they could have made a case. We weren't even sure Nagy WAS getting fired. Hell, all the talk was that Pace was gonna still stick around.

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019

Sataere posted:

Don't underestimate the fact that Nagy had a winning record. If they went into that last season with the expressed plan of developing and building for the future because they felt their window had closed, they could have made a case. We weren't even sure Nagy WAS getting fired. Hell, all the talk was that Pace was gonna still stick around.

Lovie smith had a winning record and a winning season when they let him go. Things werent great, but lovies last season was way better than nagys last. Then the bears got way fuckin worse under trestman. Technically, phil emery and trestman screwed nagy by cutting gould.

Sorry, stream of thought. I dont think i have a point beyond the dysfunction of ted phillips.

Dog Faced JoJo
Oct 15, 2004

Woof Woof

Didn't a couple players call out Nagy for blowing off end of season interviews? That seems like a super basic head coach 101 thing

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

ZombieCrew posted:

Lovie smith had a winning record and a winning season when they let him go. Things werent great, but lovies last season was way better than nagys last. Then the bears got way fuckin worse under trestman. Technically, phil emery and trestman screwed nagy by cutting gould.

Sorry, stream of thought. I dont think i have a point beyond the dysfunction of ted phillips.

Emery had just been hired and told he had to keep Lovie for a year, so different situation. I'm just saying if we look back, Nagy and Pace being fired was far from a sure thing and they could have easily manipulated the situation to ensure they got one more year if they were remotely competent at internal politics.

Dog Faced JoJo posted:

Didn't a couple players call out Nagy for blowing off end of season interviews? That seems like a super basic head coach 101 thing

I know that came out after Mitch was out. It's one of the reasons why I feel like he wasn't interested in being a head coach. For a players guy, he seemed to not want to do basic poo poo.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
A Rob, right?

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1629495354742939656

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Something something cap fake

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

Draft szn got me thinking about Roberto Aguayo, the kicker who ended up 5th all-time on the NCAA FG% list and drafted by Tampa Bay in the second round in 2016, only to be so bad he got cut after his rookie season. I clicked through to the rest of the top 10 on that list and had to lol at seeing not one but two of the contributors to the Great Lions Kicking Disaster of 2014 in between Jason Hanson and Matt Prater.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Gutey spoke with reporters today prior to the combine officially starting.

Restructures are in the pipeline for Bakhtiari and Clark, should open up another 8-10 million in cap space.

A decision will be made on Rodgers/Love by March 15th.

https://twitter.com/TomSilverstein/status/1630577710891253766

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Also said that a Rodgers restructure is basically a must if he's to be on the team this upcoming season.

https://twitter.com/TomSilverstein/status/1630578238639550477

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

That kinda sounds like a veiled shot at Rodgers given how onerous the contract last summer has been, and that contract was largely to make him happy not for the good of the team. But maybe I'm reading too much into it.

At least now we have a firm deadline. 14 days remain...

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKULL.GIF posted:

That kinda sounds like a veiled shot at Rodgers given how onerous the contract last summer has been, and that contract was largely to make him happy not for the good of the team. But maybe I'm reading too much into it.

At least now we have a firm deadline. 14 days remain...

Nah Rodgers already said he expected he'd have to a few weeks ago on the McAfee show.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/JeffDarlington/status/1630588134625890305?s=20

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Monarrez is annoying but I’ve been hearing this pick up steam for a bit now

https://twitter.com/cmonarrez/status/1630578542101639170?s=61&t=qR6rkdIyp9F0Wn-S8beM2w

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Ramsey fits both the team's culture and the team's needs but I don't know if #6 overall for a very expensive 29 year old is a good deal, especially with Devon Witherspoon on the board.