Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

General Dog posted:

I don't understand why Taako making a taco accomplished what it did.

He formed a Bond with taco truck kid and Bonds are power.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
i have the teeniest of nits to pick in regards to the last TAZ.

I wish the boys had a chance to just cut loose on the Hunger. Maybe that's coming up, but I think it woulda been so cool just to say 'Alright, here's an army to fight. Go nuts. ' I know D&D combat is probably the least exciting part of the podcast, but I'd love to see what Justin would do with that kind of challenge.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Somberbrero posted:

I wish the boys had a chance to just cut loose on the Hunger. Maybe that's coming up, but I think it woulda been so cool just to say 'Alright, here's an army to fight. Go nuts. ' I know D&D combat is probably the least exciting part of the podcast, but I'd love to see what Justin would do with that kind of challenge.

I for sure miss the actual gameplay, and I didn't think I really ever would. I'll be glad when the new setting starts honestly, shits gotten a bit much.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Somberbrero posted:

Yeah that's fair, they have leveled up like 800 times and can probably do some cool poo poo. Maybe next episode.

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

This is Canada. It snows nine months of the year, and hails the other three.

I'm not sure about D&D 5e gods, but they are in an incredibly modified Faerun, and isn't one of the gods in that setting Waukeen?

That said, I've never played in the actual Faerun or D&D 5e, so I may be way off base

Dr. Platypus
Oct 25, 2007
Is there any other way to get the Zag on 'Em pin from this year's Max Fun Drive, or did I miss the boat by getting into the podcast after it was over?

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

Giant robots shouldn't fight!

Jade Mage posted:

I'm not sure about D&D 5e gods, but they are in an incredibly modified Faerun, and isn't one of the gods in that setting Waukeen?

That said, I've never played in the actual Faerun or D&D 5e, so I may be way off base

Yes but its pretty likely thats just coincidence

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

Because the goof is all mine.

Dr. Platypus posted:

Is there any other way to get the Zag on 'Em pin from this year's Max Fun Drive, or did I miss the boat by getting into the podcast after it was over?

You could potentially email MaxFun and see if they'll give approval to buy a pin from the artist whose name I don't remember atm also I think that donors can buy extra pins but I'm not sure

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Nick is kinda snapping on Twitter over the Overcooked Switch port and people are turning on him.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Huh?

Mimir
Nov 26, 2012
Ah poo poo, is he a send nudes guy? I think he's turning out to be a send nudes guy.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/jmickle_/status/893250828764667904

Nah, he just told someone to shut the gently caress up. He shouldn't have as a person with pull in the industry, but people are acting like he went Milkshake Duck when he just got Mad Online. He hasn't even really been doubling down on it

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Does switch even have native wired internet

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Not natively, but you can get an adaptor for ethernet.

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another
Can't believe Nick is bad now. Life comes at you fast.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
I mean, it seems to me like only that guy and the few people who replied to him are really calling him an rear end in a top hat

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Glad that this one person is having a meltdown over Nick Robinson saying a bully cuss on the internet and getting huffy about Polygon hiring "the comedy boys"

This is what the McElroys deal with every single drat day, huh

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Waffleman_ posted:

https://twitter.com/jmickle_/status/893250828764667904

Nah, he just told someone to shut the gently caress up. He shouldn't have as a person with pull in the industry, but people are acting like he went Milkshake Duck when he just got Mad Online. He hasn't even really been doubling down on it

To be fair Landon should really shut the gently caress up.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
he Actually'd somebody on twitter, what the gently caress did he expect #teamnick

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
yeah it sounds like there's waaaay more to it than that unfortunately

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Way more how?

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Who What Now posted:

Way more how?

people implying through not exactly subtle jokes that he's privately known among various game dev ladies as a creepo

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Who What Now posted:

Way more how?

Uh, hello, Nick dropped a stfu, the Twitter nuclear bomb. The trauma poor Landon has endured will echo through the centuries.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

Blockhouse posted:

people implying through not exactly subtle jokes that he's privately known among various game dev ladies as a creepo

If people want to make that case they can, but they aren't so I don't really care.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Blockhouse posted:

You'll excuse me if I don't find slighted Twitter nobodies to be the most reliable of sources.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Blockhouse posted:

sure would be sick to have any corroborating evidence of this whatsoever

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
You can take the goon out of the forums, but you can never take the forums out of the goon

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Blockhouse posted:

Imagine caring about any of this lmbo

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Lick! The! Whisk! posted:

sure would be sick to have any corroborating evidence of this whatsoever

Yeah, I'd even be more inclined to believe it if it was someone he had creeped at, and not some random guy who somehow knows this and for some reason kept it under his hat for the first time Nick cussed at a guy. Like, if this was an issue, it'd have gone public way before this.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

I long ago made peace with the fact that anyone with a career in or tangential to video games is a sex pervert, 100% of the time, and that's okay.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

On the bright side, people have seemed to settle down about it when Nick didn't double down and have a meltdown.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

It is loving insane to me how games devs are 100% fine with being anticonsumer assholes and anyone pointing out anticonsumer rear end in a top hat behavior gets The Discourse to fall in like a ton of bricks for their defense.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Also I think anti-sjw ppl were mad at him when he posted about the dialog he found in Wolf 2 where two nazis were going "why not argue with us peacefully" (which they should have gotten mad at machinegames for and not nick???)

So it's hard to know who is attempting to drag him in good faith and who is just being a poo poo-stirrer

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Waffleman_ posted:

Yeah, I'd even be more inclined to believe it if it was someone he had creeped at, and not some random guy who somehow knows this and for some reason kept it under his hat for the first time Nick cussed at a guy. Like, if this was an issue, it'd have gone public way before this.

:yeah:

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Waffleman_ posted:

is it really hard to imagine why someone might not want to openly come out against a popular internet person

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
I maintain that there isn't a Landon alive that doesn't need to be told to shut the gently caress up. :colbert:

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Blockhouse posted:

is it really hard to imagine why someone might not want to openly come out against a popular internet person

Is it really hard to imagine that people could make poo poo up?

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Blockhouse posted:

man it sure is weird that people would be willing to sit on sexual assault allegations until THE EXACT MOMENT Nicolas Robinson said something bad about a popular video game with a lovely port, who the hivemind will always defend with a combination of "games are hard" and/or "QA is expensive"

Like this poo poo always loving happens. The Discourse is 100% willing to do whatever it takes to defend anticonsumer practices if it ever involves a video game dev, especially an indie game dev, up to and including slinging totally unsubstantiated bullshit out of loving nowhere with no receipts to back it up.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Who What Now posted:

Is it really hard to imagine that people could make poo poo up?

I don't believe that the immediate reaction to implications of someone sexually harassing people should be just dismissing it out of hand just because I like the accused's work, or especially not because of that.

Blockhouse fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Aug 4, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

misadventurous
Jun 26, 2013

the wise gem bowed her head solemnly and spoke: "theres actually zero difference between good & bad quartzes. you imbecile. you fucking moron"

I am on the side of outraged twitter 9 times out of 10 but one rando calling nick an rear end in a top hat and one other rando backing them up with "also he's a creep" isn't anything to go on. Or really worth more discussion than a shrug.

Also yeah, "well actually"-ing someone and calling them a whiner because they vented on twitter about a lovely port is pretty obnoxious.