Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

he's very cool and endures undeserved abuse for liking smash and wanting to teach people more about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fhate
Feb 15, 2007

"Appended to its own quotation is false" appended to its own quotation is false.
Truly he is a fine and fuzzy pikachu deserving of many treats and cuddles.

Anyway, I really wonder at the extent to which they'll try to make the Switch a personal portable game console. If it's really going to replace the 3DS, are they expecting households with multiple players to just share the same one or buy multiple? If it's the latter, I really hope they eventually release a dock that can hold more than one and sell the individual switch units separately, otherwise couples that both play 3DS currently or households with multiple kids that play are going to have a lot of docks cluttering up the place.

What makes me really think they intend it to be an per-individual machine rather than one that's meant exclusively for sharing is all the images/videos that show multiple people playing together on their own units. I also wonder how things like Smash Bros tournaments are going to play out on the Switch, e.g. if people will bring their own machines or if it'll be 2 players on one machine. Also, I'm eager to know how much backward compatibility it will have with controllers. I specifically got enough wii u controllers to be able to play 8 player smash when friends are over and it would be a royal pain in the rear end to have to get an entirely new set, though we could just play it on the Wii U, unless the Switch version adds something very compelling....which I kind of doubt it will. It would be nice if, at the very least, the switch version got Smash Run. I always enjoyed that on the 3DS and thought the Smash Tour the Wii U game got was complete garbage.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I would be very surprised if any wii or wii u controllers work on it. I think they are running from that name as fast as they can

3ds is deffo getting replaced by switch tho. Pokemon is going to switch so its game over for 3ds by end of next year.

Nintendo probably wants you to buy one switch per person but it seems like the whole joycon thing is all about multiple users on one screen so i would no stress over it. You can probably get by with one unit for the family.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

coffeecup posted:

Reiley, you seem like a friendly and entertaining person and I like your posts.
They say a good way to uplift yourself is to bring the torch of joy and enthusiasm into the shadows of bitterness and negativity. Here at Nintendo, we're all about the warm light of the positive, and I believe this philosophy reflects in our catalog of fine games, past and future.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I think warm light of the positive needs some work, it's kinda chunky.

SenseLess
May 4, 2007

As i understand there are quite a few people in this thread concerned about that Mario/Rabbids crossover game.

There is no reason for concern, really.

None. Whatsoever.

It will be fine, really.

Source:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T15T4JO5M5Y

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
It's disgusting!

Clearly they should've used WAAAAAUUGHrio.

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

I would love to see a high quality Rabbids game. The Rabbids character designs and cinematics crack me up but I have not found the games to be great.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

strange feelings re Daisy posted:

I would love to see a high quality Rabbids game. The Rabbids character designs and cinematics crack me up but I have not found the games to be great.

Rabbids Go Home on the Wii is pretty decent dumb fun.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

I would expect that the Switch has some sort of local play like the DS/3DS has had for years so that if you take yours over to a friends you can both play together on the tv or something. But maybe they won't to focus on people playing on 1 Switch with the tiny joycons.

I've just realised that the joycons remind me a little bit of playing Micro Machines 2 on the Mega Drive with 4 people on 2 controllers.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Rabbids are just rabbit Minions. I hope they get genocided

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I hope the whole game is just Nintendo's localization team dunking on Ubisoft.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Macaluso posted:

Rabbids are just rabbit Minions. I hope they get genocided

Minions came on the scene like 4 years after Rabbids, so technically Minions are just non-rabbit Rabbids.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

thexerox123 posted:

Minions came on the scene like 4 years after Rabbids, so technically Minions are just non-rabbit Rabbids.

I KNOW THE hosed UP TIMELINE OKAY

HERE'S A VIDEO ABOUT THE NINTENDO STUFF AN UNIVERSAL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9j-MHzwEQ8

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

oh dang i just realized people are saying "rabid dog" and not "rabbit dog" when they're talking about a dog acting crazy. whoops

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT

oddium posted:

oh dang i just realized people are saying "rabid dog" and not "rabbit dog" when they're talking about a dog acting crazy. whoops

is that right

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

SenseLess posted:

As i understand there are quite a few people in this thread concerned about that Mario/Rabbids crossover game.

There is no reason for concern, really.

None. Whatsoever.

It will be fine, really.

Source:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T15T4JO5M5Y

I hate this.

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT
maybe with nintendo on their rear end ubisoft can make their first good game in a decade

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Assassin Creed 4, Splinter Cell: Most Recent One, The Driver: San Francisco and Rayman Legends were good games.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Also Scout_Pups 2 is p good.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

oddium posted:

I like this post a lot

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Dexo posted:

Also Scout_Pups 2 is p good.

Are you talking about Clock_wolfs?

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

One of the airlines (delta, I think) plays this rotating trailer on their seatback monitors that includes a five second snippet of two rabbids charging at each other. I always wondered what this TV show/movie was that featured freaking Rabbids.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

whaley posted:

maybe with nintendo on their rear end ubisoft can make their first good game in a decade

Rainbow Six Siege is good.

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

I've never played a rabbids game but they seem identical to minions so I hate them.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

greatn posted:

Assassin Creed 4, Splinter Cell: Most Recent One, The Driver: San Francisco and Rayman Legends were good games.

Rayman Legends was a good game. Best water levels in a sidescroller and the musical levels were great. Too bad about all the main Rayman characters themselves being complete poo poo.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
All i care for is a Mario RPG in the Ubiart engine.

Elmon
Aug 20, 2013

Switch might be able to make me finally appreciate monster hunter. The controls just feel to awkward for me with even the 3ds.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

SRM posted:

Rainbow Six Siege is good.

Siege is terrible. I can't stop playing it.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

Tender Bender posted:

One of the airlines (delta, I think) plays this rotating trailer on their seatback monitors that includes a five second snippet of two rabbids charging at each other. I always wondered what this TV show/movie was that featured freaking Rabbids.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rabbids_Invasion

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

All i care for is a Mario RPG in the Ubiart engine.

Paper Mario Sticker Star 2. :v:

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

whaley posted:

child of light was a game.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Ignoring every other good game they've put out in that period, ZombiU is still one of the best games on the WiiU and that came out at launch.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Lodin posted:

Ignoring every other good game they've put out in that period, ZombiU is still one of the best games on the WiiU and that came out at launch.

I played it on ps4 and dont get the appeal.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
It's the slow nerve-wracking pace that got me. Probably my favourite zomble survival horror of all time. It's also the only game I've ever bothered to play and finish on iron man.
The asymmetric multiplayer (that got dropped from the ports) was also quite good.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

TaurusOxford posted:

Don't say poo poo like this, man!

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

a.lo posted:

child of light was a game.

A beautiful game.

A fun game.

I just wish they had a better writer for the poetry. Corny is fine, failing to scan is bad and dumb.

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

TaurusOxford posted:

thats on the wii u

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

does the switch have l3 and r3 buttons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Probably a bunch of shite but there are rumours making the round that Nintendo will announce a downloadable Breath of the Wild demo at The Game Awards. It'll run during the Christmas week. I'll put some faith in it if Em Rogers or Laura Dale confirm hearing about it.

• Locked thread