Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Bread Set Jettison posted:

I think we’re generally about to see wiener sword

I don't think you can depict that in the manga.

Though I guess they could just have it blurred out the entire time. Though I can't imagine Viz would be happy about having to make an entire arc website-only

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
Was laughing my rear end off from Denji trying to justify getting laid up until the punchline of the soapland being wrecked, at which point the feels hit for obvious reasons. Great chap.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I really feel like the thread title needs a change.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

At this point it almost feels like Denji is hitting a new rock bottom, and is coping almost like an addict.

Didn’t expect this to be the Denji intervention arc

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

i appreciate fami staring into the distance while everyone else is staring at denji

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

Homestuck is a true work of art surpassing all of Shakespeare's works.
CONDOM GIRL

This is foreshadowing for THE WORST hybrid, isn't it?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Best comic book in the world

Slightly Absurd
Mar 22, 2004

MorningMoon posted:

Best comic book in the world

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

:thunk:

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Cant believe a devil destroyed soap land

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

Chainsaw Man(ga): D.R.E.A.M.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Not as in love with where this went as some of y'all, but I have faith the resolution to this dangerous punchline will be worth it.

Scallop Eyes
Oct 16, 2021
The tragedies just keep piling up, poor Denji

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

I have no idea where all this is going but I’m here for it. Does anyone know if there’s a break week or not? The Jump app doesn’t say.

Meadowhill
Jan 5, 2015
I have no idea what is happening anymore but is great as is the future.

Valentin
Sep 16, 2012

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

I have no idea where all this is going but I’m here for it. Does anyone know if there’s a break week or not? The Jump app doesn’t say.

break week, yeah. next chapter 6/4

good chap. we're in the phase of CSM where i can't really render judgment until fujimoto lands the trick, as it were, but i'm really enjoying the post-jailbreak arc so far.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Pretty obvious Welcome Back Alice influences this week, so if you liked this chapter please read Welcome Back Alice immediately if you haven't already.

Valentin
Sep 16, 2012

is there a deeper connection there than the specter of hastily-improvised penectomy or is that most of what you're referring to? because the context is pretty different and there are key historic/artistic antecedents for the referenced idea and denji is in basically all ways in a pretty diametrically opposed position to where the WBA protagonist is for that

Valentin fucked around with this message at 19:54 on May 21, 2024

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Funny joke to serious character breakdown (complete with direct lampshade of "no this is not a bit") back around to funny joke maybe/possibly something horrific?

that's chainsaw man baby

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I mean this can go anywhere from Denji panicking and running away to Denji somehow getting laid to Weiner Chainsword.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Denjis gonna whip it out and Asa is gonna instantly take over for Yoru and go kyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
For like, science reasons!

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

ImpAtom posted:

I really feel like the thread title needs a change.

Chainsaw Man(ga): C.R.E.A.M.

(Cock ruins everything around me)

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

https://twitter.com/Asheee_xd/status/1792981337701245374?t=4px1ai0O-TvACijRoKoDoA&s=19

I'm not sayign they're right but the galaxy brain on them if they are

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse

Brightman posted:

I don't think it will happen but we might get a dick sword outta this, or maybe a dick club? Dick gun? Dick chainsaw?

denji dick sword :magical:

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Eimi posted:

https://twitter.com/Asheee_xd/status/1792981337701245374?t=4px1ai0O-TvACijRoKoDoA&s=19

oh, oh my god, if that's the plan then I went to school with like 3 Denjis. 2 are doing a lot better by going through.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
I just caught up with seriously like 15 chapters all in one go and I feel like my brain just fell down the stairs

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Eimi posted:

wow, so much more evidence that part 2 is better

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
I cannot believe this chapter. The sloppy blowjob devil already destroyed the soapland and Denji is about to become a eunuch.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

Eimi posted:

I mean, it's a vein Fujimoto's mined before....

Just sayin'.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Old Kentucky Shark posted:

I mean, it's a vein Fujimoto's mined before....

Just sayin'.

Yeah it feels just plausible enough that, it could happen. I've tried predicting ol Fujimoto before and been wrong every single loving time, but if this one comes through I think it'd be really loving neat to have a trans main character who comes out as trans in the middle of a series.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

Denji: "But I can't be a girl. I wanna gently caress girls!"

Asa: "You mean you're a lesbian?"

*27 consecutive panels of Denji making the stupidest reaction faces in recorded history.*

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Old Kentucky Shark posted:

Denji: "But I can't be a girl. I wanna gently caress girls!"

Asa: "You mean you're a lesbian?"

*27 consecutive panels of Denji making the stupidest reaction faces in recorded history.*

Denji: I'm... Chainsaw Lesbian?
Fami: Okay.
Denji: I'm Chainsaw Lesbian!
Denji: I'M CHAINSAW LESBIIIAAAAN!
Fami: *Close-up of Fami's flat expression*

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Das Boo posted:

Denji: I'm... Chainsaw Lesbian?
Denji: I'm Chainsaw Lesbian!
Denji: I'M CHAINSAW LESBIIIAAAAN!
Fami: *Close-up of Fami's flat expression*

:golfclap:

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Next time they pull Denji's cord or he drinsk some blood, won't it just grow back? Like when he's lost arms and stuff before? He regrew his eye and testicle before too

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
Yep, he's totally incapable of existing and not having a penis. I guess making him trans would be a new way to make him suffer, but it's not going to happen. Plenty of teens realize their cock is a loving moron holding them back, it's just a thing that happens from time to time.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

You don't GET it, Asa. You don't understand what it's like to lose control of your body to something primal inside of you!!!

Solar Tornado
Aug 9, 2016

A true fool keeps on fighting, even when there is no more glory to be gained
Not sure if this is a serious drama beat or a joke chapter. Only time will tell.

On the serious note I think that it’s interesting how Fujimoto is tapping into the male existential anxiety of the base urge to gently caress hijacking all rational thought.
Like, the idea of “I gave up my core beliefs for a chance at getting my dick wet” would be shocking had it not been used as a societal punchline. Hell, Chainsaw Man’s rise to popularity can be attributed to Fujimoto taking this anxiety seriously.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013

Mulva posted:

Yep, he's totally incapable of existing and not having a penis. I guess making him trans would be a new way to make him suffer, but it's not going to happen. Plenty of teens realize their cock is a loving moron holding them back, it's just a thing that happens from time to time.

It's pretty wild that your first thought here is that being trans would be a form of torture.

Anyway, good chapter.