Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

REAL MUSCLE MILK posted:

So, thanks to my inability to read, I now have 3 Predator Executioners that I did not realize were squadroned. What do you even do with that much shooting? Just park them somewhere and erase a blob a turn? Go super-heavy/regular armor hunting?

Predator Executioners are some of the cheapest plasma in the game and are fantastic interdictors. Basically you grab the command tank upgreydd and they are a 36" AP2 death bubble for anybody who thinks they are clever and are going to deepstrike/drop pod stuff into your rear lines. I use mine like that- as a mid field unit that protects your other squads from assholes.

The S7 isn't good enough to hurt thick armor so you're almost as well off with autocannons and lascannons. Another option is to use 2 squadrons and the conversion beamers- 1 plasma interdictor covering your mid field and the other 2 parked 72" away shooting S10 AP1 large pie plates like its no big thang.

3 of them? Drive them forward I guess. It probably costs about the same as maxed out tactical support plasma squad, but is more survivable and really scary for most armies.

BULBASAUR fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Oct 18, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
Had a game with Ignite Memories today. Expect a battle report sometime this week/weekend.

In short:
Ignite Memories: A Good Goon
Lucky Sticks: Bullshit Forever

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Hey, I'd gladly take a well balanced and multifaceted codex instead, but you gotta play the hand you're dealt.

(Seriously, though, that might be the luckiest streak I've ever experienced in gaming. it's a goddamn miracle I wasn't tabled by turn four.)

Maelstrom is weird. Codex: orks lucky stick is weird.

Ignite Memories fucked around with this message at 05:45 on Oct 18, 2014

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

Unidentified spacecraft inbound from delta line.

All Silpheed squadrons scramble now!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_06d7wMO4Cw

More like Blue Table Drybrushing.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Ignite Memories posted:

Hey, I'd gladly take a well balanced and multifaceted codex instead, but you gotta play the hand you're dealt.

(Seriously, though, that might be the luckiest streak I've ever experienced in gaming. it's a goddamn miracle I wasn't tabled by turn four.)

Maelstrom is weird. Codex: orks lucky stick is weird.

Post your list.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
I posted this over in the unspiration thread, it's astounding what a poo poo service Blue Table Painting is, from how they paint their models to how they treat their customers.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Indolent Bastard posted:

Post your list.
pretty much just paintedmodels.txt:

MAWBOSS / bosspole, cybork, lucky stikk
Weirdboy / mastery level 2

MANZ x5 / bosspole, killsaws x2, kombi skorchas x3
Trukk / reinforced ram, big shoota

Tankbustas x11 / bosspole, power klaw, tank hammer, bomb squig

Hardboyz x11 / bosspole, power klaw, kombi skorcha
Trukk / reinforced ram, rokkit launcha

Shootaboyz x20 / bosspole, power klaw, kombi skorcha

Grotz x10 / runtherd

Skorcha Buggy x2

Rokkit Buggy x2 / trakk

Stormboyz x20 / bosspole, power klaw

Battlewagon / kannon, big shoota, reinforced ram

Battlewagon / kannon, reinforced ram

It was my first game of 7th, and i definitely still need to paint up my lootas and/or flash gitz to give myself a little more reach. All in all I am pretty frustrated with all of the orks new weaknesses, but it is a pretty great stick.

Ignite Memories fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Oct 18, 2014

Cataphract
Sep 10, 2004

Fun Shoe

Ignite Memories posted:

It was my first game of 7th, and i definitely still need to paint up my lootas and/or flash gitz to give myself a little more reach. All in all I am pretty frustrated with all of the orks new weaknesses, but it is a pretty great stick.

Focus on the new strengths. Big mobs reliably charging 9"+ and cheap rokkits everywhere.

Ghost Hand
Aug 10, 2004

Rampant 40k Fanboy

SRM posted:

I posted this over in the unspiration thread, it's astounding what a poo poo service Blue Table Painting is, from how they paint their models to how they treat their customers.

A member of our gaming group had a couple of his Black Templar key characters painted by BTP and paid WAY to much imho for them. When they arrived I was pretty disappointed in the results he had received.

I have had my wifes eldar painted by a guy in the UK who did an AMAZING job - and the people that see that work are all impressed by it. Glad I did my research ahead of time. Cost me about as much as BTP would have.

Ghost Hand
Aug 10, 2004

Rampant 40k Fanboy

Cataphract posted:

Nearly done on an ork half track trukk conversion.

I love ork vehicles but I can't stand having my trukks looking too similar.

This is going to look so badass on the table!

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

SRM posted:

lmao and they have a shitload of those Dark Eldar captives painted up to be completely nude on the bases

Isn't the owner widely regarded to be creepy as gently caress?

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

SRM posted:

Yeah, this is pretty insane, both the quality BTP puts out and how they're dealing with the situation as a whole.

I mean, I dip my army and they're of a higher quality than that stuff.

Cataphract
Sep 10, 2004

Fun Shoe

Ghost Hand posted:

This is going to look so badass on the table!

yeah... as a wreck in turn 2 :v:

But I'm almost done painting orks for now. I started painting this army a year ago and have got just shy of 2,000 points painted up. A couple more units and a stompa and then I can move onto my sisters and pre heresy Night Lords.

Also... this fella is coming out...

Cataphract fucked around with this message at 08:06 on Oct 18, 2014

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Ghost Hand posted:

A member of our gaming group had a couple of his Black Templar key characters painted by BTP and paid WAY to much imho for them. When they arrived I was pretty disappointed in the results he had received.

I have had my wifes eldar painted by a guy in the UK who did an AMAZING job - and the people that see that work are all impressed by it. Glad I did my research ahead of time. Cost me about as much as BTP would have.

Yeah that guy always puts out high quality stuff in a really quick time frame. Hes top draw for what you pay.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

So they massively overcharge him for the quality, don't fix the problems he points out and the project is hilariously over the deadline. Among other problems

still doesn't recommend to avoid them at the end of the video lol

Cataphract
Sep 10, 2004

Fun Shoe

Moola posted:

So they massively overcharge him for the quality, don't fix the problems he points out and the project is hilariously over the deadline. Among other problems

still doesn't recommend to avoid them at the end of the video lol

such a professional operation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzfPKbpFduU

Cataphract fucked around with this message at 10:03 on Oct 18, 2014

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
he has the face of a man who molests choir boys

just saying

NovaLion
Jun 2, 2013

REMEMBER

Ghost Hand posted:

Who did you end up using?

Frobbe
Jan 19, 2007

Calm Down
How should terminators be kitted out these days? i got a box of regular terminators for really cheap.

Here's what i've already got

4x stormbolter/powerfist
1x Sergeant Stormbolter/powersword
1x Heavy flamer/powerfist
1x stormbolter/chainfist
1x twin lightning claws

These are the old metal ones, along with the old plastic ones.
I should probably give the chainfist to the heavy flamer terminator, feels more fitting :v

Chiwie
Oct 21, 2010

DROP YOUR COAT AND GRAB YOUR TOES, I'LL SHOW YOU WHERE THE WILD GOOSE GOES!!!!

Part 2 is hilarious as well.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

Chiwie posted:

Part 2 is hilarious as well.

I'm actually skimming through the videos now and this dude is pretty weird himself.

Terrible hobby/terrible people.

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

In the Emperor's name, let none survive.
Playing a vehicle based game later, getting to field 5 Russes and 5 Chimera variants in 1500 pts... expect pictures and a batrep this week!

Doing the maths on a Pask Punisher with some sponsons - you're getting 20 shots hitting on 3s, rerolling 1s. Then you get to reroll armour pen + rend, or reroll 1s to wound + rend at str 5. Then you can do the same with a lascannon + multimeltas. Obscene! Its just an eraser.

Ultramega
Jul 9, 2004

I just started reading up on this thread again after like forever and I've started painting my big-rear end death korps blob again. I've actually managed to knock out 10 guardsmen in like 3 days of on and off painting and I'm feeling pretty confident I'll get these guys done some time by 2019 or so. Oh yeah here's a cool tip! Don't leave your resin forge world models in simple green for 3 months unless you want them to be the same shade of green as army men with flexibility that would put a gumby figure to shame!

BirdieBedtime
Apr 1, 2011

Direwolf posted:

Is that a slaughterbrute head? Where did you get that?

It's the head and hands from this guy. I wouldn't pick the kit up just for those parts unless you had a use for the other stuff, but the good news is that you can still make a complete Cygor or whatever from what you have left over.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Even if BTP were capable of cranking out Golden Daemon-quality miniatures like they were candy, they're still run by a guy who once put up a video where he basically said "if you're unemployed it's probably all your own fault anyways" and nobody should ever give them any money for that reason alone.

Ghost Hand
Aug 10, 2004

Rampant 40k Fanboy

NovaLion posted:

Who did you end up using?

A guy named Dave Paints. (With the period)

Look him up on Facebook. He is NOT cheap but you get amazing follow through and as good as his pictures are, the models look better in person.

Here's a good representation of some of the work he did for me.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
How much did that run you?

Ghost Hand
Aug 10, 2004

Rampant 40k Fanboy

REAL MUSCLE MILK posted:

How much did that run you?

I don't like to go into specifics but it wasn't cheap. This is only part of about 4500 points of Eldar. The cost was fair price for the work IMHO.

Dr Hemulen
Jan 25, 2003

Has anybody been playing with the new GK codex?
I bought it and a bunch of minis to start up on 40K again, but I'm hearing terrible things about it.
Was this a horrible mistake (apart from coming back to mans)?

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

HardCoil posted:

Has anybody been playing with the new GK codex?
I bought it and a bunch of minis to start up on 40K again, but I'm hearing terrible things about it.
Was this a horrible mistake (apart from coming back to mans)?

The GK dex is solid, but it suffers from a) not having a lot of options in the first place and b) having some of those options clearly better than the others.

Dr Hemulen
Jan 25, 2003

Yeah, not having Inq. forces anymore sucks, as allies are frowned on where I play :-/
So far I bought some terminators, a box of power armour marines and two Dreadknights.

I worry a bit about anti tank stuff, but I guess the point is to just embrace this whole deep-strike teleport thing and go nuts with that and psy.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
Allies aren't really much of a thing any more now we're in the Unbound world. Just take the two detachments necessary and if anyone starts getting snooty, cunch them.

Dr Hemulen
Jan 25, 2003

Yeah, people probably just have to get used to 7th :)

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

HardCoil posted:

Yeah, not having Inq. forces anymore sucks, as allies are frowned on where I play :-/
So far I bought some terminators, a box of power armour marines and two Dreadknights.

I worry a bit about anti tank stuff, but I guess the point is to just embrace this whole deep-strike teleport thing and go nuts with that and psy.

Teleporter Psycannon Dreadknights are pretty good at tank-popping anything that's not a Land Raider. S10 Daemonhammers are your backup.

PeterWeller
Apr 21, 2003

I told you that story so I could tell you this one.

raverrn posted:

The GK dex is solid, but it suffers from a) not having a lot of options in the first place and b) having some of those options clearly better than the others.

B is really only true in regards to the HQ section, where the librarian is the clear strongest choice. Otherwise, there's pretty good internal balance among the PAGK squads and the three heavy weapons.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Has anyone here built a Fire Raptor? I just ordered one for my Night Lords and I've been doing some searching to see if there's anything I need to watch out for. I have seen that there can be a fair amount of warping on the side panels, but that's easily fixable and other than that things seem fine. Anything else I should be concerned about? I have worked with Forge World's stuff before, but never a vehicle. :ohdear:

Also, I want to recreate the red cockpit glass of their example model. My best bet would be something like Tamiya clear red, right?

PeterWeller
Apr 21, 2003

I told you that story so I could tell you this one.

Safety Factor posted:

Also, I want to recreate the red cockpit glass of their example model. My best bet would be something like Tamiya clear red, right?

You can use a wash or shade to tint the glass.

Sulecrist
Apr 5, 2007

Better tear off this bar association logo.

Safety Factor posted:

Has anyone here built a Fire Raptor? I just ordered one for my Night Lords and I've been doing some searching to see if there's anything I need to watch out for. I have seen that there can be a fair amount of warping on the side panels, but that's easily fixable and other than that things seem fine. Anything else I should be concerned about? I have worked with Forge World's stuff before, but never a vehicle. :ohdear:

I just built one. Look out for chipping in the gunners' shoulder pads and at the edges of the forward thrusters (the ones that go on the sides of the cockpit). Also, the triangular pieces at the front of the wings had gaps between them and the wings proper, and I had some problems with warping and miscasting at the very back (in and above the hatch area). All in all it was a really fun kit though and most of the problems won't be noticeable once it's painted. Just be patient.

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

PeterWeller posted:

B is really only true in regards to the HQ section, where the librarian is the clear strongest choice. Otherwise, there's pretty good internal balance among the PAGK squads and the three heavy weapons.

Dreadknights are pretty dominant in the HS slot, and it's damned hard to argue taking PAGK in Troops versus Termies. There's choices, but not nearly as many as there should be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rjderouin
May 21, 2007
So I have not played Warhammer since 5th but when I did I ran my own GTs (used to own a game store) and played in a lot of big tournaments and had a lot of fun, not really winning but having fun. I want to get back into the game but I want to play one of the super villains this time around. What is the super villain army or armies this meta and what should I expect at my next GT?

• Locked thread