Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Did you Japan?
Hai sempai
No
Unknown
Goku
View Results

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

Waltzing Along posted:

I liked the story. It had a nice first act. The second and third act were kinda smooshed together, but it worked. And the denouement has been satisfying.

we'll see in a couple weeks if there's an epilogue

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

mikeycp posted:

we'll see in a couple weeks if there's an epilogue

:vince:

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

I've got the covid, time to pack my bags, konichiwa bitches!

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here
If you could cough on taro aso that'd be great, thanks.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
why limit it to just the one diet member

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Mr. Fix It posted:

"alcoholic" ain't a race

wat if I identify as an alcoholic

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
if race is a social construct im p content identifying as an alcoholic, please do not push your bigoted view of humanity on my individual agency, ty

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

mikeycp posted:

why limit it to just the one diet member

I felt like asking for more might be an imposition on his schedule.

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Shammypants posted:

I've got the covid, time to pack my bags, konichiwa bitches!

ok

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Stringent posted:

I felt like asking for more might be an imposition on his schedule.

it'd be worth it imo

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Quelle surprisu

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

Weatherman posted:

Quelle surprisu

I mean probably, but that is what an exponential growth curve looks like

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Mr. Fix It posted:

I mean probably, but that is what an exponential growth curve looks like

There is absolutely zero reason to give the Japanese government, especially Abe, the benefit of doubt.

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

Phone posted:

There is absolutely zero reason to give the Japanese government, especially Abe, the benefit of doubt.

nah, i do think they probably suppressed the numbers and are probably continuing to do so. i just don't think that chart is really evidence either way.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

I’m posting from an alternate universe where the olympics are still on and I can verify that the chart is only linear here.

zmcnulty
Jul 26, 2003

So are they suppressing the number of deaths too?

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here
They're stuffing the bodies under yumenoshima.

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Martytoof posted:

I’m posting from an alternate universe where the olympics are still on and I can verify that the chart is only linear here.

thank you for your service

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
You can't classify it as a covid-19-related death if you don't test for covid-19 *taps temple*

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

Weatherman posted:

You can't classify it as a covid-19-related death if you don't test for covid-19 *taps temple*

stop touching your face

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Nationwide state of emergency now, huh?

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Golden Week is effectively canceled x____x

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
golden month

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

peanut posted:

Golden Week is effectively canceled x____x

Good news, I have three weeks off! :haw:

Bad news, I’m losing a bit of my May pay and there’s nowhere to go during this time! :smith:

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Public elementary schools closed 4/21 through 5/6 or until further notice. Just 2 weeks, I hope....

Ailumao
Nov 4, 2004

peanut posted:

Public elementary schools closed 4/21 through 5/6 or until further notice. Just 2 weeks, I hope....

been closed since feb here in China with still no date to open. high school seniors go back next week mostly to take college entrance exams, but that's it for now...

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

x_________________________X

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Yeah don't expect schools to be open again until after summer break at least. I'm not going to be surprised if in person school doesn't fully resume until vaccines are distributed. I've had multiple professor friends tell me that their schools have quietly "suggested" their staff expect to not have in person classes until fall 2021.

Gabriel Grub
Dec 18, 2004

Grand Fromage posted:

Yeah don't expect schools to be open again until after summer break at least. I'm not going to be surprised if in person school doesn't fully resume until vaccines are distributed. I've had multiple professor friends tell me that their schools have quietly "suggested" their staff expect to not have in person classes until fall 2021.

You are fully outside Japan, and we are fully inside. I watch my wife for coughs and my dad over Skype for coughs. Please stop pretending you are with us.

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

It was a glorious 1.5 weeks of school ;_____;

zmcnulty
Jul 26, 2003

If there are two things Japanese people love, they are 1) subjecting their children to rigorous memorization disguised as education, and 2) instilling the ganbaru culture from an early age. Those kids will be back in school as early as humanly possible.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

sale on Banksy art posted:

You are fully outside Japan, and we are fully inside. I watch my wife for coughs and my dad over Skype for coughs. Please stop pretending you are with us.

What is this supposed to mean? You realize that it’s in literally every country in the world, yes?

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

zmcnulty posted:

If there are two things Japanese people love, they are 1) subjecting their children to rigorous memorization disguised as education, and 2) instilling the ganbaru culture from an early age. Those kids will be back in school as early as humanly possible.

It's not the education, it's the being out of the house with friends and away from the tv, that I like about school.

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

peanut posted:

It's not the education, it's the being out of the house with friends and away from the tv, that I like about school.

Yeah that's by far the worst part of this not being able to play with other kids. The video chatting is ok, but it's not the same.

Gabriel Grub
Dec 18, 2004

Doctor Zero posted:

What is this supposed to mean? You realize that it’s in literally every country in the world, yes?

I have no idea. I'm a bad poster. But Grand Fromage is a good guy.

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Stringent posted:

Yeah that's by far the worst part of this not being able to play with other kids. The video chatting is ok, but it's not the same.

100% this

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

he's actually bad, OP

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

you got the

virus.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

The Great Autismo! posted:

he's actually bad, OP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy