Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

teen witch posted:

my strategy, love it or leave it (in a body bag)
They already knew the mortality rate when tegnell developped the initial strategy ("lets not overwhelm the med system", aka let it run rampant but not too rampant) they should have pulled the ejection handle on the piece of poo poo the second he presented it.
The "no second wave" bit should have been the final nail in his career's coffin at the very least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

evil_bunnY posted:

The "no second wave" bit should have been the final nail in his career's coffin at the very least.

You sort of misunderstood that part, it’s really “no, second wave!”

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

evil_bunnY posted:

Wait, when was this?

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

evil_bunnY posted:

They already knew the mortality rate when tegnell developped the initial strategy ("lets not overwhelm the med system", aka let it run rampant but not too rampant) they should have pulled the ejection handle on the piece of poo poo the second he presented it.

Eh, his career will end soon anyways, he is old enough for that.
But yeah.

Also letting tegnell take all the blame means that everyone else responsible at FHM gets off the hook and the government as well. Sweden is a country who have perfected SEP in terms of responsibility. someone else’s problem

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Beeswax posted:

Wait, when was this?
Somebody posted the entire timeline of Tegnell's bullshit earlier in the thread if you're actually curious.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

pushing tegnell was a clever short-term political move by löfven - it removed the party-political smell from crisis management, imbued it with technocratic legitimacy and also produced an excellent lightning rod for any backlash in an uncertain situation

the problem, of course, is that elected officials are supposed to rule in a democracy, not technical officials, and that this sort of handling risks undermining long-term trust in swedish democracy and the swedish public

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

The fact that Tegnell apparently is a super-villain hellbent on killing swedes is also a problem.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

i'm like 70% confident that our government was angling to make camilla stoltenberg our tegnell before the municipalities forced them into lockdown

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Alhazred posted:

The fact that Tegnell apparently is a super-villain hellbent on killing swedes is also a problem.

Deep-cover Norwegian probably

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?

https://www.regeringen.se/pressmeddelanden/2020/12/forslag-pa-tillfallig-pandemilag-for-covid-19-skickas-till-lagradet posted:

Proposals for a temporary pandemic law for covid-19 are sent to the Law Council

The government has decided on a legal council referral with a proposal for a temporary pandemic law for covid-19. The purpose of the legislation is to give the government the power to decide on more binding infection control measures than is currently possible. During the morning, the Law Council's referral was handed over to the Law Council.

- The new law provides better opportunities for more accurate rules, adapted to what different activities look like. It will also be possible for the government or the authorities to decide on infection control rules in more activities and, if necessary, introduce more far-reaching restrictions, says Minister of Social Affairs Lena Hallengren.

In the first instance, the law is about being able to take measures that prevent the spread of infection, without placing unnecessary restrictions on things that can be carried out infection-free. This may involve limiting the number of visitors, regulating opening hours or other necessary measures to prevent congestion. The restriction may apply to gyms, sports facilities, libraries, campsites, museums, zoos, shopping malls, shops, hairdressers, party rooms and public transport.

For very serious situations, an opportunity is needed to close down activities and restrict crowds in places to which the public has access. At the same time, it is important that the Riksdag's influence is safeguarded, and that such possible decisions are subject to the Riksdag's review within two weeks.

It is proposed that the Government be given the opportunity to restrict the use and leasing of premises rented out to private gatherings, such as party rooms rented out on a commercial basis, communal premises in rental and tenant-owned properties and association premises and premises belonging to universities, colleges and student unions.

The government also proposes that the county administrative boards be given supervisory responsibility. If the rules are not followed, the county administrative boards can decide on injunctions such as closure. If necessary, a fine can be used. Anyone who violates regulations that restrict access to a public place can be sentenced to a fine.

The law is proposed to enter into force on January 10, 2021. The law is proposed to apply until the end of September 2021.

The government is now also making the necessary preparations to be able to decide on closures if necessary. These are certain trading places, such as malls and department stores, where the risk of the spread of infection is assessed as high. If it were deemed necessary from an infection control point of view to close operations, the government wants the opportunity to act quickly. Therefore, such a proposal will also be referred shortly.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Ah yes, clearly their hands were tied this whole time. :hmmrona:

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Looking forward to arbitrary and sporadic shutdowns mid-january.

evil_bunnY posted:

Ah yes, clearly their hands were tied this whole time. :hmmrona:

No this is that consent of parliament they've been lacking all-year.

MiddleOne fucked around with this message at 15:09 on Dec 28, 2020

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Didn't we just go through the whole Swedish grundlov explanation last week?

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

MiddleOne posted:

Looking forward to arbitrary and sporadic shutdowns mid-january.

Don't worry, there's every chance any measure taken will be full of exceptions for business owners and suchlike, so you won't actually be inconvenienced too much. Just look at the current Danish lockdown.

Also Denmark would love to claim Tegnell as an agent as well. No one likes a Swede. Because the worst people are your neighbours.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

V. Illych L. posted:

pushing tegnell was a clever short-term political move by löfven - it removed the party-political smell from crisis management, imbued it with technocratic legitimacy and also produced an excellent lightning rod for any backlash in an uncertain situation

the problem, of course, is that elected officials are supposed to rule in a democracy, not technical officials, and that this sort of handling risks undermining long-term trust in swedish democracy and the swedish public

Well, Löfven have been doing short term political moves since the start, so that is not a surprise. Which have reduced the confidence in politicians in general.
Roughly 38% have confidence in Löfven which is the same as for Busch Thor and Åkesson and Kristersson have 44%, which is far from what politicians had 10-15 years ago.
The prime minister having the same confidence as the populist national party leader is for sure something.

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

Rust Martialis posted:

Didn't we just go through the whole Swedish grundlov explanation last week?

And I'm not gonna repeat it except for juuuust one little thing:

Lmao

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Nice piece of fish posted:

And I'm not gonna repeat it except for juuuust one little thing:

Lmao

So clearly you didn't read it. Check.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

MiddleOne posted:

No this is that consent of parliament they've been lacking all-year.

quote:

The government has decided on a legal council referral with a proposal for a temporary pandemic law for covid-19.

Why now? WHY THE gently caress NOW

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Has anyone tried to use cash in Sweden lately?

I paid a bunch of my dads bills while he was in the hospital and he paid me back in cash. 20.000 SEK and I can barely use it for anything.

I tried to put it in the bank and the bank wanted a receipt on where my dad got them from.

I was going to buy a new graphics card for my computer but it turns out that 100% of all semi-newish NVIDIA cards are ordered online or sold on stores that don't take cash. I couldn't even spend them at burger king because apparently burger king has a "no 500 SEK bills" policy.

We're not going to abolish cash through parliament law. We're going to do it by the IRS harassing all businesses that take cash until they convert to card/swish only.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
I use cash for tattoos and items one could, hypothetically, smoke, should they be inclined to.

gently caress, I can’t stand cash even for the pay toilets.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Whatever happened to postförskott?

You used to be able to order stuff online and then pay in cash where you collected them.

Maybe Coop got tired of handling tens of thousands of SEK for services they were making pennies on :v:

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Paying with cash now is kinda an rear end in a top hat move.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Alhazred posted:

And what should I do with it? Put it in a drawer for a year?

If 20k work your own money got converted into cash what would you do?

Threadkiller Dog
Jun 9, 2010
Old people spend all their cash at ICA and spelombudet so thats two options.

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot

Katt posted:

And what should I do with it? Put it in a drawer for a year?

Why did you tell your bank your life story? Just say you want to deposit some cash. Hell, you can do it on one of their machines.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Alhazred posted:

Cash should be cleaner than the buttons on the card readers at least.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Katt posted:

I couldn't even spend them at burger king because apparently burger king has a "no 500 SEK bills" policy.

"Bork bork I vant to pay the bills of my pappa."
"You just ordered 270 Double Whoppers."

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

thotsky posted:

Why did you tell your bank your life story? Just say you want to deposit some cash. Hell, you can do it on one of their machines.

You can't even deposit 500 SEK without a receipt to show where the money came from these days

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

thotsky posted:

Large amounts of cash come from three principal sources:

• People paying for stuff they don't want taxed, especially home renovations.
  • Regular crime like drugs and weapons and black market stuff.
  • Old people who refuse to use modern payment methods like netbank.

Because the two first are kind of bad, there is as far as I know a lot of regulation on handling large amounts of cash which hits banks for good reasons. It's basically to avoid money laundering. The third gets unfairly targeted, I'll grant you. If you don't mind ending up on a bunch of lists of potential money launderers, one option is depositing it 1000SEK at a time. Otherwise, I have no idea, except buy an expensive thing and return it. It kind of sucks to have that much money like that nowadays.

When my wife lived in Sydhavnen (old working class neighborhood in Copenhagen) for a while, a bunch of old ladies went to the post office or the bank every first of the month to withdraw their pension payout for the month. It's incredible that that made sense to them, and also that there wasn't an organised mugging gang.

WeaklyInteracting
Nov 15, 2011

thotsky posted:

And if you deposit it you can enjoy the whirrrrrrr noise of the ATM while it counts your dirty cash (https://bankomat.se/nyheter/sa-hittar-du-vara-insattningsautomater/)

WeaklyInteracting
Nov 15, 2011

Katt posted:

You can't even deposit 500 SEK without a receipt to show where the money came from these days

Admittedly last time I deposited something with no receipt (> 500 SEK) it was before money was dirty and ronied

Fake edit: This isn't the thread where people are guillotined for an inneboende right?

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

Katt posted:

Well gotta let those billionaires off the hook somehow while making it look like they're doing something

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

His Divine Shadow posted:

Well gotta let those billionaires off the hook somehow while making it look like they're doing something

It's the height of irony to hear a Swedbank clerk explain the money laundering laws to me as I try to deposit a few thousand SEK.

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!

Katt posted:

It's the height of irony to hear a Swedbank clerk explain the money laundering laws to me as I try to deposit a few thousand SEK.

Stealing billions through tax fraud is business. Stealing hundreds is a crime.

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot
I thought it was like, "tell us if it is normal for you to send or receive sums above 100k, if it is/is not we may look into it". Like, you don't even have to tell anyone if you get a gift over 50k anymore, why should anyone care if you deposit some money? I've never heard that they won't take your money, only that someone might look into you for suspicious behavior if you suddenly start handling a bunch of cash regularly.

edit: yeah, at least in Norway the bank has to take your money, although not necessarily in all branches. They can refuse to take your money if they have good reason to suspect criminality; I kind of doubt a teller can make that call based on gut feeling. We can make deposit of up to 20k a day in a lot of grocery stores. The other alternative seems to be the aforementioned deposit machines, which I don't think have any such limit, but your bank might not provide those so you would have to have another bank transfer you the money.

thotsky fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Dec 28, 2020

Threadkiller Dog
Jun 9, 2010
It sounds more like banks dont really have to make a fuss about small sums, its just they dont want to deal with cash in the first place. So the incentive is to hassle even regular customers about trivial sums and then blame the "rules" which technically allow for it.

When they do ask about the source of small sums as said above, theyre shamelessly saying they suspect you of foul play which is absurd.

Threadkiller Dog fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Dec 28, 2020

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
What I've read is banks are expected to 'know their customers' per EU's anti-terrorism/organized crime statutes, which in theory means that if someone is making unusual deposits then the bank will ask what it's all about after which they will put a tick on the customer saying "this fucker likes to handle cash, probably licks the bills yuck". But execution seems to vary, it can be annoying especially for ye olde peoples but I haven't heard of receipts being asked.

Maybe you should just file a complaint, they will laugh you down but then you can write to Aftenposten or whatevs and they'll pay you 2000 kroner for your story, in cash.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

:five::captainpop::discourse:

https://twitter.com/viktorbk/status/1343888105934348289

Katt posted:

Cry?

Expensive restaurants still take cash

MiddleOne fucked around with this message at 13:36 on Dec 29, 2020

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

A “”””””carefully planned””””” visit to a mediocre rear end mall in the middle of a pandemic that you kind of bungled the handling of, in a city hit hardest by it, during a time of year where the cases are skyrocketing?? Also you are the loving prime minister, like even in the pics there are people looking like “is that the loving prime minister??”. Bitch shop online and suffer to postnord like the rest of us for a loving watch.

restrictions for thee, not for me. loving lot of them are tits on a bull.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fnox
May 19, 2013

To be fair, absolutely nobody is following the FHM guidelines. Triangeln was packed yesterday with less than a tenth of people wearing masks. I had to loving swerve from a guy and his kid who both sneezed right on the entrance. I was there to pick up an order I made online, but nearly everyone there was window shopping.

This "personal responsibility" poo poo clearly doesn't work, nor has it ever worked, because it's stupid to expect people to do something inconvenient to them if there's no consequences to not doing it.