Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

plams posted:

The final movie was a sci-fi/space flick. I probably only saw the first 30 minutes of it. Some people take off in a space craft. I seem to remember a lot of red colours in their cockpit. Then they land on some planet and one of the guys gets attacked by this snaky alien thing that attaches itself to his head. Probably to suck his brains or something. I know what you're thinking: Alien. But I'm almost positive it was another movie.

Maaaybe Supernova.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0134983/

There's a bunch of red scenes in that, and while the alien doesn't exactly attach itself to his face, it does infect him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Be Depressive
Jul 8, 2006
"The drawings of the girls are badly proportioned and borderline pedo material. But"
I only vaguely remember a movie that saw many times as a kid about a woman who moves into a house where the previous occupant had killed him/her self, I think, and the house appears to be haunted by ghosts, but in the end it turns out the butler and his wife are trying to convince her to commit suicide.

I strongly remember a scene with a bleeding painting - yes, a scary painting that bleeds. It freaked the poo poo out of me as a kid. It might have been a tv movie, but there was a big name actress in it like Kathleen Turner or something.

I offer my undying gratitude to anyone who can tell me what movie this is. I've been wondering for years.

Gyver
Jun 24, 2005

My entire life has been full of wrong choices.

Be Depressive posted:

I only vaguely remember a movie that saw many times as a kid about a woman who moves into a house where the previous occupant had killed him/her self, I think, and the house appears to be haunted by ghosts, but in the end it turns out the butler and his wife are trying to convince her to commit suicide.

I strongly remember a scene with a bleeding painting - yes, a scary painting that bleeds. It freaked the poo poo out of me as a kid. It might have been a tv movie, but there was a big name actress in it like Kathleen Turner or something.

I offer my undying gratitude to anyone who can tell me what movie this is. I've been wondering for years.

The forces from beyond say it is Blondie Has Servant Trouble.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0032261/

plams
May 16, 2004
sir no one

Carthag posted:

Maaaybe Supernova.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0134983/

There's a bunch of red scenes in that, and while the alien doesn't exactly attach itself to his face, it does infect him.

Thanks, but 2000 is far too recent. The movie is at least as old as 1990 and likely a decade older than that. There's the possibility that it was in fact Alien and that I just remember it differently due to young age, but my memory of it just "smells" a lot different. Different colours, and the "brain parasite" reminds me more of a Mynock (from Star Wars, at least this picture of it) than a Face Hugger, which it would have been if it had been Alien I saw... oh well.

Be Depressive
Jul 8, 2006
"The drawings of the girls are badly proportioned and borderline pedo material. But"

Gyver posted:

The forces from beyond say it is Blondie Has Servant Trouble.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0032261/
No it's not that old. It was in color and featured a well-known actress and was probably made in the 80's. I rented it on VHS as a kid, probably 1988-1990.

Lanithro
Aug 31, 2006
Here's one I saw sometime around 1997-99 on TV on HBO/Showtime or one of those movie channels. It's a horror/thriller type movie.

A woman moves into an apartment complex and eventually finds out that people who don't follow the 'rules' of their cult-like system get killed off. It ends up being what happened to the previous tenant.

At one point in the movie, we find out that the apartment below hers has a map of her apartment on its ceiling.

There's a scene where she wakes up and rats are crawling all over her apartment. She calls in an exterminator who tells her that he sees no signs of infestation, and tells her that her neighbors probably hate her.

Near the end, when the "Bad Guy" is revealed, he says something like, "Welcome to the Portcullis."

He locks her in a bathroom where there's a corpse with maggots crawling all over it.

Also, I think I recall a scene where she's in a room and it's filled with packing peanuts or styrofoam stuff.

Sizzlechest
May 7, 2007

Be Depressive posted:

I don't think there is a bleeding painting in it, but everything else sounds like The Others

Secks
Oct 10, 2002

The city is alive tonight

Be Depressive posted:

Sizzlechest posted:

I don't think there is a bleeding painting in it, but everything else sounds like The Others

If that's not it, check out The Innocents. It's the movie that "The Others" was based on. Other than that, no idea :(

Be Depressive
Jul 8, 2006

Secks posted:

If that's not it, check out The Innocents. It's the movie that "The Others" was based on. Other than that, no idea :(

Sizzlechest posted:

Thanks, but no, this wasn't any sort of period piece and the supernatural element was a red herring - all of the scary stuff turned out to be tricks by the butler & his wife. It was the exact same plot as the Blondie movie mentioned earlier but not a comedy. I remember the house had secret passages and a painting with eyes you could look thru. The story was about a woman who bought or moved into/inherited a house after the previous occupant committed suicide (hung himself?) and the house appeared to be haunted but it turns out the caretakers were just trying to drive her to suicide..

avidal
May 19, 2006
bawl-some
The title of this movie is on the tip of my tongue, and if I was at home I'd probably go to Blockbuster and just find it on the shelf..

But anyway, it's a movie in a similar vein to Boyz N The Hood and Menace II Society, but the cast is almost exclusively 13-14 year old kids. I think the oldest one is the 'bad guy' drug dealer, and I think he's 16.

One of the young kids tells everyone he's Jamaican, but he's got some pale rear end skin. He also has rasta dreads.

Pweller
Jan 25, 2006

Whatever whateva.

avidal posted:

The title of this movie is on the tip of my tongue, and if I was at home I'd probably go to Blockbuster and just find it on the shelf..

But anyway, it's a movie in a similar vein to Boyz N The Hood and Menace II Society, but the cast is almost exclusively 13-14 year old kids. I think the oldest one is the 'bad guy' drug dealer, and I think he's 16.

One of the young kids tells everyone he's Jamaican, but he's got some pale rear end skin. He also has rasta dreads.

Could be Kids -unless the movie you're looking for has a mostly black cast.

avidal
May 19, 2006
bawl-some

Pweller posted:

Could be Kids -unless the movie you're looking for has a mostly black cast.

It's Way Past Cool. I was clicking on this thread to see if someone answered it, and for some reason it popped into my head.

I have no idea why you would think it was Kids...I couldn't think of coming to that conclusion based on my admittedly limited description :P

Edit: And it turns out the kids were actually around 8-10 years old.

Armyman25
Sep 6, 2005
A post-apocalypse movie that I saw late on USA in the early 90's. It had roller-skating valley-girls who's symbol was a happy face. Their motto was 'skate the path of righteousness'.

yeah...

SwiftTheFox
Jun 2, 2007

Prince Hotbod, at your service.

Spite posted:

This one's been bothering me for a while:

I was in a bar, and they were playing an asian movie (i'd guess japanese or korean) about robots and people fighting them, etc. It seemed very confusing, it jumped around a lot (there were flashback sequences that were all brown and other random stuff) and I had a hard time following it (which may have been due to me drinking).

The robots reminded me of the real world sequences in the matrix - they had the same sort of red eyes. The ones I saw in this movie were humanoid, though. There was a character wearing a red trenchcoat with white hair that looked like a total ripoff of Dante from the Devil May Cry games. (I'm not sure if the character looked like that throughout the movie, or dressed that way for certain scenes, etc)

I asked a bartender about it and he said it had robota or robotica in the name. (maybe principa robotica, though I haven't been able to find a movie with this descripition) It's probably not that old, unless Devil May Cry is ripping it off.

Any guesses?
Casshern?

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

SwiftTheFox posted:

Casshern?

I've seen this film twice, and I agree with TheFox, it's probably Casshern. Did the flashback involve a war or soldiers?

Gyver
Jun 24, 2005

My entire life has been full of wrong choices.

Armyman25 posted:

A post-apocalypse movie that I saw late on USA in the early 90's. It had roller-skating valley-girls who's symbol was a happy face. Their motto was 'skate the path of righteousness'.

yeah...

I have no idea which one it would be but it's definitely one of The Roller Blade Seven movies.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0102804/

Whilst farting I
Apr 25, 2006

Fantastipotamus posted:

This really isn't much to go on.. but I seem to recall a scene from what I believe to be a horror movie, and this part involved this creepy bit involving this old painting called 'Sunday in the Park', and basically, it zooms in on this one kid (I think) in the painting, and the face is very scary/distorted.

Anyone? This is the painting in question.

There is a scene exactly like that in It.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0099864/

Armyman25 posted:

yeah...

I am positive this is Night of the Comet.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0087799/

invalid user
Nov 15, 2006

Shit's expensive, bro. Plus, fuck Lurdiak.
I must have seen this on TV during the 80s, though I'm not sure if it was a movie or an episode of a horror tv series of some sort.

I remember only that this guy who looks like John Lithgowe (I checked IMDB, it wasn't him) and his son end up in some strange family's home. I remember the son goes off to play or something, exiting the scene. Not long after, a young woman commits a faux pas of some sort and is ordered to be "eaten" or something. The Lithgowe-guy says "Eaten? WHAT HAVE YOU DONE WITH MY SON?" And it cuts to the girl crying and screaming "noooo" while 2-3 others are eating her flesh.

The last part, from the "WHAT HAVE YOU DONE WITH MY SON?" and the cut to the flesh-eating is definitely the most vivid part in my mind.... any thoughts?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Not sure if this is an ID per se, but I'm wondering if there have been any movies (action/horror) where a guy kills another person with a motorcycle, primarily by front tire to the face

Crocuta
Nov 6, 2004
wakkawa

Alan Smithee posted:

Not sure if this is an ID per se, but I'm wondering if there have been any movies (action/horror) where a guy kills another person with a motorcycle, primarily by front tire to the face

In xXx Vin Diesel hits some guard dude in the face with the front tire of his (flying) bike but I don't know if he killed him because I kind of turned the movie off at that point.

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice
The second Resident Evil movie has Milla drive a Harley into a church and into a monster.
Mad Max has a pretty famous although not graphic motorcycle death.

As for actual tire to the face, I can't think of any specifically. Most of the motorcycle kills I can recall deal with ramming someone, them holding onto the front, then ramming the person and the bike into a wall or crates or something.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Portly Prince posted:

I am positive this is Night of the Comet.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0087799/

Night of the Comet is post-apocalyptic and has valley girls, but I'm pretty drat sure there's no roller-skaters with happy faces who "skate the path of righteousness".

Slasherfan
Dec 2, 2003
IS IT WRONG THAT I ONCE WROTE A HORROR STORY ABOUT THE BUDDIES? YOU KNOW, THE TALKING PUPPIES?

Alan Smithee posted:

Very strange you should ask this because we where talking about this in the If You Die In The 80s thread.
Happy Birthday To Me features a guy fixing his motorcycle, it's upsidedown, the killer throws his scarf into the spinning wheel and his face goes into it.
Pet Semetary 2 has a kill where someone is reeving a motorcycle over a boys face, his face goes into the wheel.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Alan Smithee posted:

If you dont mind a car instead of a bike, theres Death Proof for an amazing face-shorn-off-by-wheel scene.

quayzong
Nov 23, 2004
There is one movie I only saw parts of when I was a kid, but the parts that I remember stick in my mind, and I would love to actually see it someday. The time period is mid to late 80's, and it was seen on VHS. From what I recall, the movie had good guys, and at least one bad guy that was actually a creature that took control of people's bodies, and when he needed to switch bodies, he was vomited out and somehow took control of someone else. This made the task of catching the "bad guy" very difficult for the good guys who may have been cops. At the end, after the good guys are victorious, there is a scene in a hospital where the main good guy goes through a similar process as the bad guy changing bodies (making the audience think the bad guy is still around), but instead of a thing similar to the bad guy coming out, it is apparent that it is something very good. It may have been a yellow light. This may or may not have been the first time we saw the good guy in this state.

I think the plot is similar to Fallen with Denzel Washington, but there is an actual creature instead of a spirit chanign bodies by touch.

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice

quayzong posted:

There is one movie I only saw parts of when I was a kid, but the parts that I remember stick in my mind, and I would love to actually see it someday. The time period is mid to late 80's, and it was seen on VHS. From what I recall, the movie had good guys, and at least one bad guy that was actually a creature that took control of people's bodies, and when he needed to switch bodies, he was vomited out and somehow took control of someone else. This made the task of catching the "bad guy" very difficult for the good guys who may have been cops. At the end, after the good guys are victorious, there is a scene in a hospital where the main good guy goes through a similar process as the bad guy changing bodies (making the audience think the bad guy is still around), but instead of a thing similar to the bad guy coming out, it is apparent that it is something very good. It may have been a yellow light. This may or may not have been the first time we saw the good guy in this state.

I think the plot is similar to Fallen with Denzel Washington, but there is an actual creature instead of a spirit chanign bodies by touch.

My reflex is that it's The Hidden, given that both the good and bad guy were alien in nature.
http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0093185/

quayzong
Nov 23, 2004

Ape Agitator posted:

My reflex is that it's The Hidden, given that both the good and bad guy were alien in nature.
http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0093185/

Hot poo poo, that must be it. Thank you very much! :D

There is apparently a remake in the works call "The Seed" due to come out in 2008, according to the wikipedia page on the movie.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

I doubt anyone will get this, but sheer curiosity forces me to post:

Caught a bit of it channel-surfing on TV years ago. I'm fairly certain it was some lovely Lifetime movie but I could be wrong. The only plot I remember is that the kid was out in the wilderness mucking around (I think it had been contaminated by toxic industrial waste without anyone's knowledge) and not long later he's off gokarting at an old Malibu Grand Prix and going all sick / dizzy in the kart, which he wrecks.

Ebbinghaus
Dec 26, 2005
nice curves
I'm trying to remember the name of a movie I saw maybe ten years ago (okay.. perhaps not that long ago, but it feels like it's been a long time, I was definitely a teenager) about a woman who was forgotten by god or something and she kept trying to do things to harm herself except she'd never die because god was ignoring her. And I think she falls in love during the movie. I think it might have been Irish. I also recall ocean, piercings and chains, maybe a diner and a train?

Fiendish_Ghoul
Jul 10, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 121 days!
Okay, this one is a little different from most requests in that I haven't actually seen seen the movie. Apparently it involves a woman blowing up a president and herself with a bomb concealed in some flowers, or something about like that. It should be from the 80's, or up to '91 at the very latest. It has been identified in several places as Death Wish 2, but this doesn't seem right, since the Death Wish movies, as far as I know, are about Charles Bronson killing street thugs. One person said it was Death Wish 2 and starred Chuck Norris- obviously wrong, but I thought maybe Delta Force 2, as it's another trashy sequel with a two-syllable title, but the synopsis doesn't sound right. Any suggestions? Thanks...

Fiendish_Ghoul fucked around with this message at 14:26 on Sep 8, 2007

JMBosch
May 28, 2006

You're dead.
That's your greatest weapon.

Fiendish_Ghoul posted:

Okay, this one is a little different from most requests in that I haven't actually seen seen the movie. Apparently it involves a woman blowing up a president and herself with a bomb concealed in some flowers, or something about like that. It should be from the 80's, or up to '91 at the very latest. It has been identified in several places as Death Wish 2, but this doesn't seem right, since the Death Wish movies, as far as I know, are about Charles Bronson killing street thugs. One person said it was Death Wish 2 and starred Chuck Norris- obviously wrong, but I thought maybe Delta Force 2, as it's another trashy sequel with a two-syllable title, but the synopsis doesn't sound right. Any suggestions? Thanks...
Hm... not the same thing, but Death Race 2000 involves a plot to blow up the president with a grenade inside a fake hand. But if someone was telling you about this movie, I doubt that's the part they would have mentioned.

Hawkstein
Sep 30, 2006

And if I can't see it's for want of you.
Ok I've got two I'm stumped about:

The first one I don't know if anyone can help me as I don't remember much, but it has been bugging for ages. I think it was on HBO or something in the early 1990s, and it was recent in that it was released that year or the year previous. I think I saw it either in 1993-4-5 or something. ANYWAY, I don't remember too much except that there it was a pretty dark film and there were two actresses in it and one male main character...I think. The only thing I can vaguely remember was that one of the female main characters had a hole blown through her torso and she was ok. Or something. That's all I remember...oh yeah, and one of the actresses at least was pretty famous during that time (early 1990s). Also, It was released in theaters. That's all I remember.

As for the second movie, I remember a bit more. I don't remember when I saw it other than it was during the early to mid 90s on a cable TV channel. Anyway, a bunch of friends are...driving somewhere, or something, and their car breaks down or maybe they just don't have a place to stay...I don't know, but they end up at this weird mansion. Basically, a bunch of freaks live there. And the head of the house is some strange looking dude that eats people or...something. At first everything seems ok and the kids are invited to eat dinner there or something and then all hell breaks loose. The only other thing I remember is that a couple other inhabitants of the house were identical and they were basically the bumbling, stupid henchmen that are so often seen in movies.
Also, I remember this movie was reviewed on a comedy site (maybe badmovies.org or something like that, possibly even this site) because it was pretty bad.

Anyway, that's all I remember.

Edit: I just remembered another one. I also saw this one during the early to mid 90s (coincidentally, at the same hotel I saw the second movie). Anyway, it was something like this girl's mom kills a lot of guys because she's really protective of her daughter? Or something. All I know is this girl's mom kills a lot of guys much to the daughter's dismay. I think they made a sequel, too.

Hawkstein fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Sep 8, 2007

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

Hawkstein posted:

I think it was on HBO or something in the early 1990s, and it was recent in that it was released that year or the year previous. I think I saw it either in 1993-4-5 or something. ANYWAY, I don't remember too much except that there it was a pretty dark film and there were two actresses in it and one male main character...I think. The only thing I can vaguely remember was that one of the female main characters had a hole blown through her torso and she was ok. Or something. That's all I remember...oh yeah, and one of the actresses at least was pretty famous during that time (early 1990s). Also, It was released in theaters. That's all I remember.
Death Becomes Her.

quote:

As for the second movie, I remember a bit more. I don't remember when I saw it other than it was during the early to mid 90s on a cable TV channel. Anyway, a bunch of friends are...driving somewhere, or something, and their car breaks down or maybe they just don't have a place to stay...I don't know, but they end up at this weird mansion. Basically, a bunch of freaks live there. And the head of the house is some strange looking dude that eats people or...something. At first everything seems ok and the kids are invited to eat dinner there or something and then all hell breaks loose. The only other thing I remember is that a couple other inhabitants of the house were identical and they were basically the bumbling, stupid henchmen that are so often seen in movies.
Also, I remember this movie was reviewed on a comedy site (maybe badmovies.org or something like that, possibly even this site) because it was pretty bad.
Nothing but Trouble?

Hawkstein
Sep 30, 2006

Action Jacktion posted:

Death Becomes Her.

Nothing but Trouble?

YES and YES. Thank you. I thought Dan Akroyd was in the second one but I wasn't sure.

Wow, it looks like I was REALLY off on both descriptions, especially the second one.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Hawkstein posted:

Edit: I just remembered another one. I also saw this one during the early to mid 90s (coincidentally, at the same hotel I saw the second movie). Anyway, it was something like this girl's mom kills a lot of guys because she's really protective of her daughter? Or something. All I know is this girl's mom kills a lot of guys much to the daughter's dismay. I think they made a sequel, too.

Serial Mom?

Hawkstein
Sep 30, 2006

FitFortDanga posted:

Serial Mom?

Hmm, yeah I guess that is it. I thought it was more about the mom killing a daughter's boyfriends or something but the one scene I distinctly remember (the mom killing a guy in a bathroom while he was using a urinal) is in wikipedia's article about the movie. Thanks!

Fiendish_Ghoul
Jul 10, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 121 days!

Catrel Stevens posted:

Hm... not the same thing, but Death Race 2000 involves a plot to blow up the president with a grenade inside a fake hand. But if someone was telling you about this movie, I doubt that's the part they would have mentioned.

Don't think that's the one. The situation is this... I stumbled across a claim that a terror attack (the assassination of Rajiv Ghandi by the Tamil Tigers) was inspired by a scene in Death Wish 2. Another guy who should know his stuff, named Death Wish 2 "starring Chuck Norris," which made me suspicious, especially since that didn't sound like something from a Death Wish movie. I've found the claim made in several places, and while the name of the movie isn't really the point, I'm wondering- the amount of really detailed writing on the group in the west is pretty limited, so if this is not quite right, or a complete myth, how many other false bits of information are out there?

Here are several slightly different descriptions:

quote:

It is said that the Tigers' supremo, Velupillai Prabhakaran, got the idea from a video of Death Wish 2, in which a western leader is killed by a terrorist who presents him with a bouquet.

quote:

Tamil
suicide bombers, called Black Tigers, wear explosive-packed jackets that
Prabhakaran devised after seeing "Death Wish II." (In the film, a woman
blows herself up killing a world leader.)

quote:

Prabhakaran, an expert in improvising technology grasped the idea of suicide from a video 'Death Wish II', in which a political leader is blown-up by a beautiful woman while presenting him with a bouquet of flowers, and ordered the making of a suicide body suit prototype.

quote:

Scholar and writer Rohan Gunaratna said the LTTE chief had also come up
with the idea of suicide bomber body suits after watching "Death Wish II"
in which an attractive woman carrying a bouquet of flowers explodes herself
and a world leader.

If anyone can at least confirm or deny that this is from Death Wish 2, that'd be a start. Thanks.

Secx
Mar 1, 2003

Hippopotamus retardus
1. An 80's (90's ?) B movie similar to Alferd Hitchcock's The Birds. Except that in this movie, it's ants rather than birds loving poo poo up.

In the same vein, I'm also interested in any movie where you have tons of xyz killing people for no reason (Like The Birds/Arachnophobia/that ants movie).

2. An 80's tv series. I think it is American, but it may be British. It's about a guy that is able to morph into a panther and maybe an owl, I'm not sure. I can't remember if he was a good or bad guy.

Secx fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Sep 10, 2007

Slasherfan
Dec 2, 2003
IS IT WRONG THAT I ONCE WROTE A HORROR STORY ABOUT THE BUDDIES? YOU KNOW, THE TALKING PUPPIES?

Secx posted:

1. An 80's (90's ?) B movie similar to Alferd Hitchcock's The Birds. Except that in this movie, it's ants rather than birds loving poo poo up.

In the same vein, I'm also interested in any movie where you have tons of xyz killing people for no reason (Like The Birds/Arachnophobia/that ants movie).

I'm pretty sure that movie is called Ants. It's listed here.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0076214/

As for other Nature Run Amok movies, Day Of The Animals, Frogs, Night Of The Lepus, Food Of The Gods, The Swarm, Squirm, Slugs, Kingdom Of The Spiders,
There is one more that is bugging me now, I can't remember what it's called at all. It was a 60s or 70s movie that involved Ants (I think) turning big and using some kind of mind warp on humans and turned them into their slaves. I was sure it was called Queen Of The Ants but it doesn't seem to be. It might not of been ants, I'm not 100% sure.
EDIT: Never mind, found it, Empire Of The Ants it was.

Slasherfan fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Sep 10, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Armyman25
Sep 6, 2005

Fiendish_Ghoul posted:

Don't think that's the one. The situation is this... I stumbled across a claim that a terror attack (the assassination of Rajiv Ghandi by the Tamil Tigers) was inspired by a scene in Death Wish 2. Another guy who should know his stuff, named Death Wish 2 "starring Chuck Norris," which made me suspicious, especially since that didn't sound like something from a Death Wish movie. I've found the claim made in several places, and while the name of the movie isn't really the point, I'm wondering- the amount of really detailed writing on the group in the west is pretty limited, so if this is not quite right, or a complete myth, how many other false bits of information are out there?

Here are several slightly different descriptions:

If anyone can at least confirm or deny that this is from Death Wish 2, that'd be a start. Thanks.

Delta Force 3

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0101702/maindetails

Death Wish II, like all Death Wishes, starred Charles Bronson. Who is 10x more manly than Chuck Norris.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0082250/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CV3gA7hNItY