Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anonymouse Mook
Jul 12, 2006

Showing Vettel the way since 1979

I am also having the issue with no browsing over a mobile connection.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloody Typical
Oct 27, 2005

Hey, keep the noise down Jerk, this is a residential area.
Same here as well.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

I just keep losing my login. I did try clearing the cache for IE but that hasn't seemed to help.
Lumia 620.

bootleg robot
Dec 8, 2004

Typical GBS and

Anonymouse Mook posted:

I am also having the issue with no browsing over a mobile connection.

Typical GBS posted:

Same here as well.

I added you both. Try downloading the special version in about 2 hours.

nielsm posted:

I just keep losing my login. I did try clearing the cache for IE but that hasn't seemed to help.
Lumia 620.

Yeah, logins and the IE cache aren't related. Give reinstalling a try and let me know if that helps.

Bloody Typical
Oct 27, 2005

Got the test version installed and flicked between a blank forums index and bookmarks page while on mobile data, does the logging get uploaded automatically or do we have to do that manually?

Anonymouse Mook
Jul 12, 2006

Showing Vettel the way since 1979

Typical GBS posted:

Got the test version installed and flicked between a blank forums index and bookmarks page while on mobile data, does the logging get uploaded automatically or do we have to do that manually?

Mine was identical.

The first three lines were:
*** AwfulNET Logger is now active ***
Getting bookmarks page 1...
Creating web request...

All the tipmestamps were within a second.

bootleg robot
Dec 8, 2004

Typical GBS posted:

No auto upload; all I need to see are the last couple of lines so I know where to start investigating.

Did the forums show up? Because that screenshot tells me the app made the request to SA, received the html (successfully), and turned it into something that you should see on screen. That [ShallowForum] tag means that [DeepForum] failed and there's some credential issues. [DeepForum] requires an active SA account. Restart the app, then remain on bookmarks and take a screenshot. I want to see the output there.

Typical GBS, does the app work fine on wifi?

Anonymouse Mook posted:

Mine was identical.

The first three lines were:
*** AwfulNET Logger is now active ***
Getting bookmarks page 1...
Creating web request...

All the tipmestamps were within a second.

Did the request complete, or were those the only three lines? You should see [Bookmarks]Completed.

Bloody Typical
Oct 27, 2005

App works great on wifi.

If you switch out and turn wifi off, then resume the app and try to load a thread you get the 'Index was outside the bounds of the array' message.

I did a screeshot of the bookmarks on mobile data as requested:

I enabled Wifi without quitting the app, then resumed and refreshed:

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

In before it turns out that your carrier modifies the page in some way that breaks the parsing. Always suspect the carriers :)

Bloody Typical
Oct 27, 2005

Certainly possible, I had to opt out from there stupid filtering crap when I first moved to O2 but I have checked I can load the forums fine via IE on the phone so it's not that in my case. :)

I'll test out with an Orange sim later from my work phone to see if that makes any difference

bootleg robot
Dec 8, 2004

I've pushed another special version to the affected parties. This time, the output will print out the name of the forums or threads it parses to the screen. If successful, then the html is coming through correctly, and the problem lies somewhere else. If you don't want to upload a screenshot, double tap the log to send me an email.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
Hey bootleg I've noticed in the latest version, when you're in a thread, there's an option in the menu at the bottom labeled 'tabs' that's greyed out. Is this the beginning of an upcoming feature?

Mecca-Benghazi
Mar 31, 2012

If you're in a thread and there's a link to another thread, it'll take you to that thread and you can switch between the two (or three, or whatever). Try it. I wish it saved the tabs when you backed out to your bookmarks or the forums though.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

So in that case why not let people open multiple thread tabs themselves from the bookmarks screen/forum list, so people don't have to keep going back to the bookmarks?

bootleg robot
Dec 8, 2004

Because it was implemented as a way to browse links without losing the initial thread. It is certainly a great idea, though. I will add it to the feature list.

quote:

I wish...

Good idea as well. Remember, if you have a request, tell me!

larkko
Oct 4, 2008

bootleg robot posted:

Good idea as well. Remember, if you have a request, tell me!
Could the text portion of user avatars be viewable some way? The android app showed the text when you press on a user's avatar.

Bloody Typical
Oct 27, 2005

Sent an email with the logs.
Swiped from bookmarks to favorites then forums index.

bootleg robot
Dec 8, 2004

Largo LaForge posted:

Could the text portion of user avatars be viewable some way? The android app showed the text when you press on a user's avatar.

I don't see why not. Added to the list.

Bloody Typical
Oct 27, 2005

Installed the new hot fix version, still the same problem but logging looks a lot more detailed, flicked through the different headings bookmarks / forums index etc and have emailed the logs.

Sigma_Bark
Jun 1, 2013
Anyone else having a problem where the app closes itself straight away after opening?
I open the app and it goes straight to the windows phone "resuming..." screen and takes me back to the start page.
I keep having to reinstall the app to get it to open. But goes back to doing the whole not opening thing. After I post this and then close the app now, it'll do it again.
Any help?

bootleg robot
Dec 8, 2004

New beta push in about two hours.

• Tap avatars to toggle avatar text.
  • Thread "tabs" persist after you leave the thread page.

Typical GBS posted:

Installed the new hot fix version, still the same problem but logging looks a lot more detailed, flicked through the different headings bookmarks / forums index etc and have emailed the logs.

I noticed that the html content size of your web requests is way smaller than it should be. I'm going to add another debugging entry to output the html so we can see exactly what you're getting.

Sigma_Bark posted:

Anyone else having a problem where the app closes itself straight away after opening?
I open the app and it goes straight to the windows phone "resuming..." screen and takes me back to the start page.
I keep having to reinstall the app to get it to open. But goes back to doing the whole not opening thing. After I post this and then close the app now, it'll do it again.
Any help?

If the app closed without any input from you, then it crashed. Sign up for the beta here and you can send me crash information.

NFX
Jun 2, 2008

Fun Shoe

Sigma_Bark posted:

Any help?

I had that happen as few weeks ago (non-beta). I removed the app and installed it again, and now it works.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh

bootleg robot posted:

New beta push in about two hours.

• Tap avatars to toggle avatar text.
  • Thread "tabs" persist after you leave the thread page.

I noticed that the html content size of your web requests is way smaller than it should be. I'm going to add another debugging entry to output the html so we can see exactly what you're getting.

If the app closed without any input from you, then it crashed. Sign up for the beta here and you can send me crash information.

You got a Beta link son? Emailed you earlier there too with data on my mobile data connection attempts. The effort you're putting into this is much appreciated. More than 79 pennies worth, too.

bootleg robot
Dec 8, 2004

WattsvilleBlues posted:

You got a Beta link son? Emailed you earlier there too with data on my mobile data connection attempts. The effort you're putting into this is much appreciated. More than 79 pennies worth, too.

http://www.windowsphone.com/s?appid=6ba2a280-cb37-4306-b775-a09f8711dfec

I imagine you'll still have the same problems with this version on a mobile connection, as I haven't found the cause yet.

Stubb Dogg
Feb 16, 2007

loskat naamalle
Looks like after I changed my primary account email, I couldn't download beta anymore. I updated the googledocs spreadsheet.

Partycat
Oct 25, 2004

I can reproduce the not loading bug as well if you need data collection. I'm on WiFi 99.999% of the time, so I only noticed it today.

Phuzun
Jul 4, 2007

Is the donation thing working? I tried to give you a three, but it still shows that money in the account wallet after 12 hours.

bootleg robot
Dec 8, 2004

Partycat posted:

I can reproduce the not loading bug as well if you need data collection. I'm on WiFi 99.999% of the time, so I only noticed it today.

I'll add you to the bugfix group today.

bootleg robot
Dec 8, 2004

Phuzun posted:

Is the donation thing working? I tried to give you a three, but it still shows that money in the account wallet after 12 hours.

Yes, their marketplace for in app purchases seems kind of slow. I tested it by paying myself and it took a couple of days before money was withdrawn.

vvvv makes sense! vvvv

bootleg robot fucked around with this message at 13:34 on Apr 3, 2014

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

I think they delay things substantially in the hopes of being able to bulk together several purchases/donations to avoid the worst parts of credit card fees.

Phuzun
Jul 4, 2007

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

I think they delay things substantially in the hopes of being able to bulk together several purchases/donations to avoid the worst parts of credit card fees.

Must be this, it looks like it did finally go through.

bootleg robot
Dec 8, 2004

New special version push. Added a check for the error message page. The app should print the "Special Message from Seņor Lowtax" message on screen. I'm thinking that's the page you guys are getting when making requests over data. Single taps scroll the log window to the bottom, and double taps open up a email dialog.

Partycat, I've added you to the list, so you should be able to download in an hour or so. I'll edit this post with a link when it's available for download.

bootleg robot
Dec 8, 2004

I've added sorting options for the bookmarks list. Choose between "awful style" (the current default) or "classic style" (the forums default for those who lack visionpurists. Simply tap the text to toggle between the two. Some screens:

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

bootleg robot posted:

I've added sorting options for the bookmarks list. Choose between "awful style" (the current default) or "classic style" (the forums default for those who lack visionpurists. Simply tap the text to toggle between the two. Some screens:

what is the difference between the two?

bootleg robot
Dec 8, 2004

The app default:

bootleg robot posted:

The bookmark order is sorted in a special way. The ranking is as follows:

• Threads with the lowest unread post count
  • Threads with the highest post count
  • Unread threads (which shouldn't be in your bookmarks, honestly)
  • Threads with no new posts

This is how I consume my bookmark list on SA, so I imposed it on everyone else :v: It takes some getting used to, but I haven't had any complaints about it so far.

The forums default sorts the threads by last post date.

bootleg robot
Dec 8, 2004

Alright, one more push for the special version. This time, whatever html you download will show up in the split browser window. Send me a screenshot of what you get on both wifi and mobile.

bootleg robot
Dec 8, 2004

While I'm working on bookmark sorting, would you guys prefer closed threads to be pushed to the top for easy pruning, or sent to the bottom, never to be seen again?

I'm thinking the former, but wanted to get some suggestions.

Edit: vvv Good point, I wasn't thinking about people actively reading and bookmarking closed threads. Nixing that idea. vvv

bootleg robot fucked around with this message at 08:19 on Apr 7, 2014

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.
Why treat them specially? Just throw them in the pile I say. Maybe someone went on an adventure through the goldmine and they're working through the thread.

Bloody Typical
Oct 27, 2005

Right here's what I've got on Wifi:

Mobile data did this first:

Then displayed this after you click OK.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Number 9, number 9...

• Locked thread