Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kuhmondo
Jul 2, 2009

HeyItsAyls posted:

Cool, in order to trade, you also need to add my FC. Just go to the trading thread and you'll find it in the second post.

Alrighty, added you. You're not showing up on the PSS friends list though for some reason.

e: Thanks a bunch, really appreciate it! I'm gonna breed up Chespins and Squirtles so let me know if you need one, though I doubt it since you're so far ahead! Yep that was me just now.

Kuhmondo fucked around with this message at 13:14 on Oct 12, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

david puddy posted:

On the 3DS home screen press the little orange smiley uo the top of the screen and it's on your card

Ah, thank you.

HeyItsAyls
Nov 25, 2011

I do have to say, one little gripe I have is I have no idea who's who on my friend list. I've added so many people that I've lost track of which goon is which.

I think this is you I'm trading with Kuhmondo.

Monode
Feb 19, 2011

oo
I love the sheer variety of Pokemon in the routes in this game. My team just keeps changing because I never know what's going to appear next.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Alright, for anyone waiting on an Amazon pre-order, I was told by an Amazon rep that "existing pre-orders are not upgraded to Release Date Delivery if and when said shipping option becomes available." Apparently you have to cancel and re-place an order to get release date shipping (which is blatantly false - I've preordered tons of stuff from Amazon with just regular Prime shipping and never failed to get it on the release date). Amazon really dropped the ball on this one. Despite having 2-day shipping, I won't be getting my game until the 18th.

No More Toast
May 11, 2013

Atheist! Imperialist!!

Finally managed to get a female Fennekin by resetting. She has a naive nature, which might not be the best nature but pokemon amie is so cute that I don't even care. This game. :3:

kater
Nov 16, 2010

So if you battle or trade someone repeatedly the game will just ask if you want to be friends.

Basically if you ever get tired of collecting Pokemon, you can collect Japanese kids.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

kater posted:

So if you battle or trade someone repeatedly the game will just ask if you want to be friends.

That's neat.

Some crazy person just traded me a level 26 Kadabra that only knows teleport and they apparently met at level 10. Jesus. Anyone want this oddity?

Tornhelm
Jul 26, 2008

HeyItsAyls posted:

Really? I saw nothing but Espurrs and Oddish there. I even saw a Kecleon before I saw a Honedge. Guess I just have crap luck.

I only ever saw one on the right hand side set of long grass for some reason.

In other news, I totally got a Venipede and Audino from skating alongside the hedge bushes on the middle path of that route.

Sleeping Sigma
Dec 28, 2012
Okay this is crazy. They have to have made getting shinies easier or something. I've only ever found two shinies in over ten years of playing and right out the gate I score a shiny fletchling.

http://i.imgur.com/88ERGyq.jpg Her body is beige instead of grey.

Also,

Costa Rica, San Jose gets you Jungle Vivillon. I'd try to find more but I don't think the sperg in me is strong enough to spend another hour power leveling a scatterbug to lvl 12.

Sleeping Sigma fucked around with this message at 13:37 on Oct 12, 2013

HeyItsAyls
Nov 25, 2011

Sweet, got a Klang in the Friend Safari! One of my favourite Gen Vers, I thought I'd have to wait til Bank comes out to get it.

EDIT: Someone in the thread was asking if Munna is now Psychic/Fairy. It isn't, it's still mono Psychic.

HeyItsAyls fucked around with this message at 13:43 on Oct 12, 2013

Admiral Lasers
Dec 10, 2000

I understand there are a whole lot of awesome social features- Is it a good idea to just use my own personal name for my trainer, so my friends can identify me? Or can I name my trainer whatever I want, and the features will use my mii name or something?

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Please tell me Flabebe has an evolution. Please don't tell me it's a happiness evolution.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

My midnight launch in suburban NC included a gang of bronies driving up in a bronyccar and several teenagers open carrying handguns. gently caress this world. If I hadn't had a buddy with me I would have left.

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
ROVPACK IN THE HOOUUUUSE!
:vince:
he still knows...

Amppelix posted:

Please tell me Flabebe has an evolution. Please don't tell me it's a happiness evolution.

2, no happiness.

Mav-san
Oct 22, 2012
Can anyone give us some insight on the different Meowstic genders?

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

jivjov posted:

Alright, for anyone waiting on an Amazon pre-order, I was told by an Amazon rep that "existing pre-orders are not upgraded to Release Date Delivery if and when said shipping option becomes available." Apparently you have to cancel and re-place an order to get release date shipping (which is blatantly false - I've preordered tons of stuff from Amazon with just regular Prime shipping and never failed to get it on the release date). Amazon really dropped the ball on this one. Despite having 2-day shipping, I won't be getting my game until the 18th.

Yeah, I've always gotten release day shipping for preorders and last week I saw that our copies of X & Z wouldn't be shipping till next week. I called them up and the lady said it was because other people ordered 1-day shipping or something.

Cancelled that order and preordered from ToysRUs.com because it was buy 1 - get 30% off and they said arrival date would be today.

Cut to today where I get an email at 4 in the morning letting me know the games won't arrive until next week.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

mastajake posted:

Yeah, I've always gotten release day shipping for preorders and last week I saw that our copies of X & Z wouldn't be shipping till next week. I called them up and the lady said out was because other people ordered 1-day shipping or something.

Cancelled that order and preordered from ToysRUs.com because it was buy 1 - get 30% off and they said arrival date would be today.

Cut to today where I get an email at 4 in the morning letting me know the games won't arrive until next week.

The best part is that if you go and order Pokemon X off amazon right now, you can get it Monday with one day shipping or Tuesday with regular Prime 2 day shipping. My preorder, with prime, on the other hand is now pegged for Thursday. I got actively penalized for preordering.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Where do you get the XP share?

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Mav-san posted:

Can anyone give us some insight on the different Meowstic genders?

One is male, the other female. Hope this helps.

(Female looks cooler is all you need to know)

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Macaluso posted:

Right after the first gym. It gets handed to you, so you can't miss it.

HeyItsAyls
Nov 25, 2011

Macaluso posted:

After the first gym, from the woman blocking your way out of town.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.

Macaluso posted:

You get EXP Share really early on... Before the 2nd Gym. I can't rightly remember though. I think I chat to a scientist.

I'm wondering where to get a Lucky Egg at this point.

jjef
Jul 25, 2008
Hi all, just starting the game now. Does anyone know how much significance the nickname I give my character has? I read that NPC's use it a lot but does it show up any where else?

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

jjef posted:

Hi all, just starting the game now. Does anyone know how much significance the nickname I give my character has? I read that NPC's use it a lot but does it show up any where else?

My character, Adolf, asked his new friends to call him Fuhrer. Fun for the whole family!

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

Admiral Lasers posted:

I understand there are a whole lot of awesome social features- Is it a good idea to just use my own personal name for my trainer, so my friends can identify me? Or can I name my trainer whatever I want, and the features will use my mii name or something?

All of the online stuff uses your player name, the name of your 3DS Mii isn't used anywhere in the game as far as I can tell.

Denim Avenger
Oct 20, 2010

Excelente
Oh my god, you can ride the Ryhorn outside of your house, game of the year.

Absolutely delighted so far, it's weird that you don't see the stat increases when leveling for pokemon not currently active.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
Amazon still hasn't shipped my copy :negative:

I guess that means I should just get my schoolwork done instead :v:

Mav-san
Oct 22, 2012

Livingtrope posted:

One is male, the other female. Hope this helps.

(Female looks cooler is all you need to know)

Nope, male looks cooler.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Abrasive Obelisk posted:

2, no happiness.

Well uhh, thanks, but what is it then? I kinda want to know if I can stop lugging it around until I come upon whatever the evolution condition is. Honedge is making a pretty good case for itself right now.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Please tell me this isn't a joke... is there really a pokemon that evolves only if you hold your 3DS upside down?

And in case anyone was wondering, you get Sylveon by maxing out affection in Pokemon Amie. It looks like "Happiness" which is used for other happiness evos isn't the same thing as affection from Pokemon Amie? You can catch eevees in the wild pretty quickly.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
I just stumbled upon a Mime Jr. horde.

The sheer unrelenting terror.

Stealthed Zombie
Dec 21, 2007

And Introducing:
Dean "Titty Master" Ambrose
I'm like 30 minutes into the game and I catch a shiny Scatterbug (He's white instead of black, and there was the sparkle and everything, so I think it's a shiny).

Well that's one way to catch my first natural shiny I guess?

Stealthed Zombie fucked around with this message at 15:01 on Oct 12, 2013

Daerc
Sep 23, 2007

Look! A door! This must mean something!
So through wonder trade I have managed to go from a level 5 fletchling to a level 34 klefki that I can't use because I've only cleared one gym. Also half my pokemon have their Japanese names now. Pretty sure this is the best game.

my new dog
May 7, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Liking this game! I felt like such a weirdo when I bought it though. My only tiny issue so far is that the roller skates are tied to the circle pad and not registered to select like the bike in older games. Also the whole power training thing is super confusing

Donald Duck
Apr 2, 2007
As a matter of interest for anyone whose leveled Litleo, does it learn mainly physical or special attacks? Its hard to tell from its base stats.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Donald Duck posted:

As a matter of interest for anyone whose leveled Litleo, does it learn mainly physical or special attacks? Its hard to tell from its base stats.

It learns mostly physical but the stats for mine were way better at Sp. Atk. I evolved it to Pyroar then threw it in a box :v:

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee
Has anyone found a Dawnstone? Got a male Ralts i want to evolve to a Gallade.

HeyItsAyls
Nov 25, 2011

So I just did a Battle Box matchup. My Pokémon are level 80, his are level 30. Mine got downgraded to level 50 whilst his stayed the same.

So it looks like it operates on Battle Tower logic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Solumin posted:

Amazon still hasn't shipped my copy :negative:

I guess that means I should just get my schoolwork done instead :v:

According to the Amazon rep that e-mailed me, they don't upgrade older pre-orders to release day shipping, you have to cancel and re-place the preorder once release day shipping is available (Note: I have preordered all sorts of things [games, books, movies, etc] from Amazon and have never had this problem before, so either they recently switched policies or they had specific problems with Pokemon X and Y).

EDIT: I just got shipping notification on mine. I'm not sure if my emails to customer service got them to bump my shipping speed up or something, but I went from having an estimated delivery of Thursday to one of Monday.

jivjov fucked around with this message at 15:14 on Oct 12, 2013

• Locked thread