Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

context?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

lol what a little bitch

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

graph posted:

more like perturdbator, lol

lol the boy mayor is hella mad

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

luke ravenstahl was our last mayor and he sucked. bill peduto is our new mayor and he is good, maybe

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

former pittsburgh mayor who got chased out of office gets drunk and tweets this at current mayor

e: this is the same person who kicks the football in the dark knight rises

Apr 7, 2003

He's our last mayor, making fun of the new mayor because the Pirates (pbut) lost the Wildcard game.

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
he was a mayor? i thought maybe he was an indie video game dev, he looks like a petulant child

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

i don't live or work in pittsburgh so idfk. all i know is mayor bill peduto declared Anthrocon Day in pittsburgh.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Egan Yardley posted:

i wanna be one of those people who never have pto instead of those people who never take off

i'm saving up all of my vacation days and sick days in order to blow them all for our wedding in march

our cfo can just go ahead and be suspicious about my illness that will immediately follow my wedding but gently caress him and gently caress people who take less than a week off to get goddamn married

Tiny Bug Child
Sep 11, 2004

Avoid Symmetry, Allow Complexity, Introduce Terror

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

it allows the comps to cheat super easily tho

mostly i'm hoping that they have a religious fundamentalist faction but they haven't mentioned anything about that

that was supposed to be the indian lady i think but they took religion out of the game entirely. and thank goodness because 1) religion was a terrible mechanic in civ5 that was pretty much optimal to ignore and 2) wtf is religion doing in a game about building utopian future societies

Apr 7, 2003

Cold on a Cob posted:

he was a mayor? i thought maybe he was an indie video game dev, he looks like a petulant child

He stole one of the Steelers Lombardi Trophies while he was in office and displayed it on his mantel at home.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Tiny Bug Child posted:

that was supposed to be the indian lady i think but they took religion out of the game entirely. and thank goodness because 1) religion was a terrible mechanic in civ5 that was pretty much optimal to ignore and 2) wtf is religion doing in a game about building utopian future societies

i just want a miriam anti-technology person

religion as a mechanic is dumb as hell in a 4x game

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

i just want a miriam anti-technology person

religion as a mechanic is dumb as hell in a 4x game

i thought civ v did religion really well, actually

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  &  FACE  TO  BLACULA

A Wheezy Steampunk posted:

i have no idea, are countries where conflict and government instability are common have similar patterns of depression?

yes actually there isn't a lot of research on it because it's obviously very hard to do but the general consensus is people are the same the world over and ptsd will gently caress your poo poo up something fierce

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Cold on a Cob posted:

i also assumed this :shobon:

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

i am kind of surprised that theres no founder bonus for the hajj that grants tourism for each foreign city following the religion, though

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

Citizen Tayne posted:

He stole one of the Steelers Lombardi Trophies while he was in office and displayed it on his mantel at home.

gently caress that guy

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

our cfo can just go ahead and be suspicious about my illness that will immediately follow my wedding but gently caress him and gently caress people who take less than a week off to get goddamn married

honeymoon uritis is totally a thing

well, at least it was before everyone started living in sin before the marriage, anyway.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Tiny Bug Child posted:

people like miriam can try to build religion-based utopian future societies

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Notorious QIG posted:

i liked having germany found judaism in civ4

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

prefect posted:

is miriam the crazy fundamentalist lady from smac?

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Tiny Bug Child posted:

religion provides some nice long term bonuses, but other than that its pretty dumb

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Notorious QIG posted:

yeah i liked it

i also liked how in 4 they had religion and added corporations which were basically the same mechanic but for the late game

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
also the civ4 hitler mod

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

maniacdevnull posted:

i also liked how in 4

i also liked how that too, as well! :)

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

also the civ4 hitler mod

really high-quality image

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

graph posted:

i also liked how that too, as well! :)

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Squeezy Farm posted:

Im not going to troll in the wake of sadness but does any one remember this hah hah http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3201527&pagenumber=3232&perpage=40#post426778816

how do you remember these things? i am very impressed by your skills

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Notorious QIG posted:

is miriam the crazy fundamentalist lady from smac?

Egan Yardley
Jun 11, 2010

Sagebrush posted:

honeymoon uritis (sic) is totally a thing

well, at least it was before everyone started living in sin before the marriage, anyway.

usually a woman without proper sex education on honeymoon night will contract a uti by not properly clearing the urethra after congress. read HUMAN MANUAL p. 549 for details.

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

can someone suggest the best way to break up with someone when you live with them bc i have no idea

do i just leg it in the night with my macbook

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

yup thats who i was thinking of. last night i cracked and bought smac off of gog, ive never played it before. shes being a huge jerk to me as is the gaia lady, fortunately the un dude is being chill and siding with me

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!

Blackula69 posted:

yes actually there isn't a lot of research on it because it's obviously very hard to do but the general consensus is people are the same the world over and ptsd will gently caress your poo poo up something fierce

interesting, ty :tipshat:

Tiny Bug Child
Sep 11, 2004

prefect posted:

ok yeah i guess i meant that it should be part of your choice of how you build your civ. having something like a social engineering toggle where you can say your society is "fundamentalist" or whatever is cool. but i mean, zakharov wouldn't put up with dumb earth superstitions, but you can't stop your civ from turning religious using the civ5-style mechanics

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

what is this computer game poo poo doing in here. whose fault is this

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Notorious QIG posted:

yup thats who i was thinking of. last night i cracked and bought smac off of gog, ive never played it before. shes being a huge jerk to me as is the gaia lady, fortunately the un dude is being chill and siding with me

lal is such a pushover/wimp/nice guy. i like him okay, though :)

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
fu forever Miriam.

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!

Notorious QIG posted:

santiago and zakharov are the best

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Notorious QIG posted:

too bad un dude is worthless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Bug Child
Sep 11, 2004

Shaggar posted:

religion provides some nice long term bonuses, but other than that its pretty dumb

ya but the bonuses you get are nowhere near the resources you have to put into building your own religion. it's almost always better to put effort towards more useful stuff and hope your neighbor's religion has some good bonuses.

• Locked thread