Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.
get a windows

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
i just installed steam on linux the other night and was surprised at how well borderlands ran, so I think its safe to say that 2015 is the year of linux on the desktop

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

sund posted:

do y'all have a recommended solution for throwing windows around with the keyboard sorta like aero snap?

BetterSnapTool

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy
so i got yosemite and none of the handoff stuff works. everything is turned on the way it should be, same wifi network, etc, but my rmbp won't even pair with my iphone 6. same complaint from others in support threads, too.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
is iPad mini retinal yet

Flyndre
Sep 6, 2009
did anyone else reduce translucency and increase contrasts in their yosemite? i like the way it looks now, kind of like an old os x

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

echinopsis posted:

is iPad mini retinal yet

has been for a year

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
oh yeah wasn't there a fiasco when it had terrible
gamut

ugh ive been a
pagancowed

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
so u can still buy iPad 1 from apple but if u want a iPhone 4s u have to trawl eBay

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
the gamut is fine. screen is great

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

so i got yosemite and none of the handoff stuff works. everything is turned on the way it should be, same wifi network, etc, but my rmbp won't even pair with my iphone 6. same complaint from others in support threads, too.

you need ios 8.1 which isnt out till monday

i thought you were better than those idiots in the support threads dixie meeting

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

lol tech "reviewers" saying a 5k iMac screen is too much and unnecessary. same people who cream their jorts for qhd anroid phones

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
lol the new imac in nz is only $3700

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
jfc i cant imagine spendinf that much on a compute ever in my whole goddamn life

b0lt
Apr 29, 2005

apple is dead

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
apart form the large ssd drive that imac has the same specs as my current pc, and i spend less than a 1/6th of that getting there (not monitor of course)

jfc waht i5 is it? i cant beliueve its not an i7 by default and that you have to upgrade tot he 4gb gpu. ive got almost idental gpu card (2gb) and yeah it pushes my 1080p around OK. it will be wrtohless if u ever want to game on it unless u do some upscaling trickery. i cant imagine how werohtless it would b ewith a 2dn monitor

hang on the fusion drive isnt all ssd either?

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
it will be impressive to look at and browseing etc will be dreamy

just dont do anything graphical... ever

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4
imacs are fail by design. dekstop form factor at laptop prices. epic losery on all fronts. now and forever.

b0lt
Apr 29, 2005

Ocrassus posted:

Apple cinema/thunderbolt displays are awful for the price though. For the same money, you could get this beast..

tb2, 21:9, you don't even need 2 monitors.

you have good taste in monitors

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

poty posted:

you need ios 8.1 which isnt out till monday

umm 8.0.2 has a settings toggle for handoff?

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

umm 8.0.2 has a settings toggle for handoff?

working with safari for me

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

Flyndre posted:

did anyone else reduce translucency and increase contrasts in their yosemite? i like the way it looks now, kind of like an old os x

i've been trying to find where you adjust translucency. where is this?

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

make sure the Bluetooth's LMP version is 0x6. check in Apple menu >> system report >> bluetooth

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

LP0 ON FIRE posted:

i've been trying to find where you adjust translucency. where is this?

under accessibility. it's just a toggle, not a slider. i agree it looks kind of nice with that and the increased contrast settings. i wish there was a way to change the background color of the dock to something besides grey tho.

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

Dirk Pitt posted:

I thought stebe hated the 7 inch form factor.

dont lead ppl into temptation plz op

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

echinopsis posted:

lol the new imac in nz is only $3700

echinopsis posted:

jfc i cant imagine spendinf that much on a compute ever in my whole goddamn life

i bought one echi

im gonna reply to ur posts with it lol

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

Santas Ainol Elf posted:

the gamut is fine. screen is great

loooooooool

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

gusy guys guys guys

i see real good

trust me

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

ipad mini display... its fine

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

see its its fine stop worrying about these lines

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

guys...i think it's quite possibly the best retina display shipped ever on a 7" tablet.

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

LP0 ON FIRE posted:

make sure the Bluetooth's LMP version is 0x6. check in Apple menu >> system report >> bluetooth

thanks, but i finally got it working after rebooting and cycling bluetooth on both devices several times :shrug:

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

pagancow posted:

loooooooool

ok nobody is doing serious image work on mini iPads but being trounced by the kindle fire is pretty embarrassing

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.

pagancow posted:

loooooooool

please do one for the 5k imac

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

pagancow posted:

loooooooool

epic ipad fail

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

under accessibility. it's just a toggle, not a slider. i agree it looks kind of nice with that and the increased contrast settings. i wish there was a way to change the background color of the dock to something besides grey tho.

ah okay. i really like the translucency

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

theadder posted:

i bought one echi

im gonna reply to ur posts with it lol

post the video of the game at 5k rez

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

i watch movies with sunglasses on anyway

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

because I'm sunning myself at the beach

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal

pagancow posted:

guys...i think it's quite possibly the best retina display shipped ever on a 7" tablet.

postin from my iPad mini 2 I bought for $359 yesterday. it is v. nice.

• Locked thread