Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

I still can't believe the Bulls had to give up a 1st round pick in this deal too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lasagna Pilot
Feb 6, 2009

No, you're dark-side intergalactic encyclopedia salesmen. Unfortunately, the home office hasn't been quite upfront with you.
https://twitter.com/barstoolsports/status/878054877716467718

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Who is this?

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Cap Space looks promising at the 5 for the Bulls next season

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

lol wait the Bulls traded the 16 pick to MIN too? holy poo poo this is the worst loving trade i've ever seen

Tyree
Sep 11, 2003

STRETCH

STRETCH

STRETCH
That tv screen of the proposed bulls lineup was horrifying.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Cool Buff Man posted:

There are contextual arguments for each but I assume you're not interested in them so stop thinking about it

I'm interested ?

The trade made more sense when they could use the assets to acquire a star but .... ??? Where are they now?

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Jimmy Butler is chilling in Paris?

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Niwrad posted:

I still can't believe the Bulls had to give up a 1st round pick in this deal too.

AND THEY DON'T EVEN HAVE A loving SECOND BECAUSE OF CAM PAYNE ARE YOU loving KIDDING ME

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

morestuff posted:

Is there any 6'5" defensive stud that can't shoot PG out there Charlotte can scoop up at 31?

Edmond loving SUmner dog
Hes from Flint Town and he rules but cannae shoot the ball

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

don't know who this guy is but i hope he gets a highlight reel with the patton speech playing over it.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
https://twitter.com/WojVerticalNBA/status/878059311745728512

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Tyree posted:

That tv screen of the proposed bulls lineup was horrifying.

Dunn-LaVine-Mirotic-Markannen-?(Possibly You!)

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Sixers need to move up for Evans

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

holy poo poo they gave up a 1st on top of butler

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
That's earlier than I thought he'd go but I really like Patton

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Creighton????

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
?

Uh ok. Maybe the Bulls forced the Wolves to waste this pick.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Hoping for OG I guess? I dunno, Pacers fans seem to want Giles also.

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized
A center when they already have KAT and Dieng locked in longterm is a bit underwhelming...

OH WAIT THEY GOT JIMMY BUTLER

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
This is the exact opposite of what the Ringer dude predicted. Instead of teams getting scared and not drafting the project big men, they are drafting them ten spots higher than projected.

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne
hey thunder take one of the athletic injured knee guys, not frank jackson.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Mitchell is a great get for Utah . Fantastic

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Hoping for a future average NBA backup center to grow out of that chrysalis of not today good at basketball I guess

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

euphronius posted:

Sixers need to move up for Evans

I think it's still too early for Evans, but they should move up for Ferguson

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

euphronius posted:

I'm interested ?

The trade made more sense when they could use the assets to acquire a star but .... ??? Where are they now?

Danny would have selected Tatum with the first pick, so he traded down. I don't really agree but if he was going to select Tatum it was the best thing to do

Porzingis, Phil wanted way too much and had no intentions of trading him

Butler - I don't think they view him as solving their biggest issues (rebounding, interior defense) and I also 100% believe the Bulls wanted Kris Dunn as badly, Vivek badly, as they did the year before. Again, I wouldn't have been mad if they got him, but not the biggest deal that they didn't

George - Pacers have no leverage and he's going to LA, they shouldn't cough up a lot for him

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Dejan Bimble posted:

Edmond loving SUmner dog
Hes from Flint Town and he rules but cannae shoot the ball

Rooting for him and Derrick White now

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Oh! I watched this guy! I have notes on him. "Silly plays, great nose for the tip." Well, not that helpful. I only rated him 2 stars.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

lol the bulls aren't going to loving buy out wade, they'll let him "mentor" the young guys, wade is going to be sitting on the bench in a loving lawn chair by the end of the season counting his money

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
Just went to the CBS Draft Tracker, grading each pick.

aaaaannnnnnddddd.....

Everyone gets an A grade!

Tatum : A
Merkkanen: A
Monk: A
Kennard: what the hell, why not you get an A too!

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Rick posted:

This is the exact opposite of what the Ringer dude predicted. Instead of teams getting scared and not drafting the project big men, they are drafting them ten spots higher than projected.

Ikr lol

Laurie at 7 jfc

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Stan Van Gundy is made out of loose rabbit turds. Somebody needs to push him into a litterbox.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Patton got poor man K.A.T. comparisons; it's kinda weird Minnesota would pick him, right?

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Raw athletic big dude who can shoot. He was a beast at the start of the year and then fell off pretty hard when creighton's point guard got hurt and he didn't have anyone to get him the ball.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

R.D. Mangles posted:

AND THEY DON'T EVEN HAVE A loving SECOND BECAUSE OF CAM PAYNE ARE YOU loving KIDDING ME

Nah, they gave up the 2nd round pick in the Rose deal to the Knicks. The Cameron Payne 2nd round pick is for 2018.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Bush Did Outer Heaven posted:

hey thunder take one of the athletic injured knee guys, not frank jackson.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

euphronius posted:

Ikr lol

Laurie at 7 jfc

Markkanen at 7 is good. Also I don't consider him a project just because he is the literal best shooter in college.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

TJ Leaf huh, not bad but not sure how he and Turner are going to play together.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Pacers are taking Leaf.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

xbilkis posted:

Patton got poor man K.A.T. comparisons; it's kinda weird Minnesota would pick him, right?

Why? He's the 16th pick, you don't necessarily need a starter there

• Locked thread