Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How's the thread?
This poll is closed.
Chill 11 10.48%
Comfy 16 15.24%
Relaxing 3 2.86%
Witty 0 0%
Delightful 1 0.95%
Cool 1 0.95%
Engaging 0 0%
:kazooieass: 73 69.52%
Total: 105 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

RoboJoe posted:

Same for me! Im really bad at designing things and making good looking buildings and villages despite my love of city builder games, but I usually go for efficiency and output of things and maybe pretty things up a bit, but designing stuff to look good is outside my skill set. So I just farm and mine and do the gathering tasks and make stockpiles for other people.

Well you're free to join us over here:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3863868&pagenumber=1&perpage=40

It's primarily Switch but honestly it's just chill goons doing chill things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

parabolic
Jul 21, 2005

good night, speedfriend

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

D. Ebdrup posted:

Beheaded Kamikaze and Nathan Spencer, sitting in a tree
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
first comes love, then comes the marriage, then comes AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

I'm liking the deadpan commentary of ThaRixer on Dog's life. I'm betting Serious Sam is also entertaining.

I will probably watch this until the end and then call it a night. Local time is +1 to what the stream clock says.

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

jimmydalad posted:

Also I just noticed that one of us donated $50 to name Vivi Comfy. Who was the mad lad that did that?

Oh poo poo! Gotta get in on that! Which stream are most of us watching? Dog's Life?

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

D. Ebdrup posted:

Beheaded Kamikaze and Nathan Spencer, sitting in a tree
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Octatonic posted:

first comes love, then comes the marriage, then comes AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013
Woweee that girl's model was... eeesh. Like a gen 1 droid there.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor

The Lobster posted:

Oh poo poo! Gotta get in on that! Which stream is most of us watching? Dog's Life?

I'm focusing on Dog's Life cause I actually had this game as a child, but never completed it. So we have Comfy Vivi and Punchy Quina. Let's try and get both!

RoboJoe
Dec 30, 2006

We cleanse.
You are the filth.

The Lobster posted:

Well you're free to join us over here:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3863868&pagenumber=1&perpage=40

It's primarily Switch but honestly it's just chill goons doing chill things.

Thanks! I’ll check the thread out but I only have minecraft on PS4 and I don’t think there is crossplay sadly.

parabolic
Jul 21, 2005

good night, speedfriend

Raised By Birds posted:

Woweee that girl's model was... eeesh. Like a gen 1 droid there.

parabolic fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Jul 22, 2018

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

If I've never played Minecraft, but have a vague interest in it, should I join? Should I get it on Switch?

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

:allbuttons:

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013
We just put that little dog in prison :ohdear:

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

that is one avant garde haircut

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Oh, looks like the donation has to go to stream 1 for Vivi.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

jimmydalad posted:

If I've never played Minecraft, but have a vague interest in it, should I join? Should I get it on Switch?
i want to try it on the switch since i loved it back in alpha/beta like 8 years ago

too busy playing octopath tho

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

RoboJoe posted:

Thanks! Ill check the thread out but I only have minecraft on PS4 and I dont think there is crossplay sadly.

Sadly no. Sony is a butt.

jimmydalad posted:

It's pretty great on Switch because you can play it where ever, same as any other Switch game, but then again on Xbox One you can go up to 4K if you think shiny graphics will matter in a game like that.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Back from middle of nowhere Indiana.

I see we're watching Air Bud.

parabolic
Jul 21, 2005

good night, speedfriend

Your Computer posted:

i want to try it on the switch since i loved it back in alpha/beta like 8 years ago

My account is so old that my password reset email was from notch@mojang.com. But it was bought by a trolling friend so the username is TheBiggestFart.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

The Lobster posted:

Sadly no. Sony is a butt.

It's pretty great on Switch because you can play it where ever, same as any other Switch game, but then again on Xbox One you can go up to 4K if you think shiny graphics will matter in a game like that.

LOL I don't have an Xbox One and I don't think people play Minecraft for graphics. Maybe I should get it for Switch then...

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

Your Computer posted:

Minecraft being as huge as it is will always be a bit funny to me due to remembering when it was this brand new thing that all my college friends were going on about.

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013
I like how everyone in this town just keeps chew bones in their pockets.

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

parabolic posted:

My account is so old that my password reset email was from notch@mojang.com. But it was bought by a trolling friend so the username is TheBiggestFart.

:lol: However the new crossplay version needs an Xbox Live account to do. It takes like five minutes to set up though and it's free. If I can figure it out anybody can.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Man gets hit by baseball

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

TeaJay posted:

Man gets hit by baseball

:argh: You little whippersnappers!

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

I'm gonna donate to name Vivi Comfy after Dog's Life is over and we're all back on stream 1.

RoboJoe
Dec 30, 2006

We cleanse.
You are the filth.

Your Computer posted:

I’ve heard Octopath Traveller is fantastic, I really need to play the demo a little more to try the actual gameplay. I just have too many other games or ideas to do. I really want to try my hand speedrunning some games, a couple of hints on my SNES Classic I recently picked up but I’m also thinking of trying to speedrun Dragons Dogma as I’ve recently started casually playing that and I forgot how much I love it since the 360 days.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

RoboJoe posted:

Ive heard Octopath Traveller is fantastic, I really need to play the demo a little more to try the actual gameplay. I just have too many other games or ideas to do. I really want to try my hand speedrunning some games, a couple of hints on my SNES Classic I recently picked up but Im also thinking of trying to speedrun Dragons Dogma as Ive recently started casually playing that and I forgot how much I love it since the 360 days.

My life is so difficult at the moment, cause I want to watch two streams and play Octopath at the same time. I don't know what to do with my life.

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

RoboJoe posted:

Ive heard Octopath Traveller is fantastic, I really need to play the demo a little more to try the actual gameplay. I just have too many other games or ideas to do. I really want to try my hand speedrunning some games, a couple of hints on my SNES Classic I recently picked up but Im also thinking of trying to speedrun Dragons Dogma as Ive recently started casually playing that and I forgot how much I love it since the 360 days.

There are literally too many good games these days. It's such a stark contrast to when I was a kid and I got a game maybe every six or seven months and they were all really short but they had to last me half a year.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

On the fly routing!

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Oh don't bring up Meme Run.

parabolic
Jul 21, 2005

good night, speedfriend

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

I don't see anything here.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Nvm, I can see it when I quoted it.

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

bird

Tathris
Mar 26, 2010

parabolic
Jul 21, 2005

good night, speedfriend

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RoboJoe
Dec 30, 2006

We cleanse.
You are the filth.

The Lobster posted:

There are literally too many good games these days. It's such a stark contrast to when I was a kid and I got a game maybe every six or seven months and they were all really short but they had to last me half a year.

I think that’s partly why I can’t solidly get into speedrunning games, I just lack the dedication to a single game because there are so many other good games I want to play and there’s never enough time.

I’m hoping something like super Metroid or link to the past might do it for me, or maybe as mentioned Dragons Dogma because I love the game and it also has a built in speedrun mode!

• Locked thread