Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.
Just had a pretty fun seed with an interesting bit of shenaniganry. Settings are similar to the season 4 settings, but the big change is that instead of needing medallions for GC boss key, it requires any 7 dungeon rewards, so you can essentially choose which two dungeons to skip. My time was 4:20.

The shenanigan was one of the first hints you get is Shadow Temple WOTH, but I beat the seed without ever going to Shadow Temple or even getting Din's. Since most of the glitches/exploits I use are enabled in logic with those settings, I was extra confused how I bypassed a WOTH. So what's the deal? It's WOTH for the Megaton Hammer, which is a little weird already because Fire Temple is hinted to be barren. Turns out the hammer is required for a small key in GTG, and all of the small keys are required in logic because the Light Arrows are on the final GTG chest. First of all, you can get that small key anyway without the hammer if you just roll into the fire, and second, even if you don't do the any glitches/exploits, you can skip the two keys on the right side with the Song of Time you get really early in the seed, anyway. After I got the iron boots, I was like "wait, i'm in go mode right? i can do water temple and finish? i thought i was supposed to go to Shadow Temple????" Beat the seed all confused and puzzled it out with the spoiler log afterwards. Fun times.

Also, apparently it was a good thing I didn't have to do that, because the in-logic path was to take those iron boots I got from Spirit Temple, backtrack to a nearly-full-cleared GTG to do the toilet for Din's Fire, schlep through Shadow until getting the Hammer, then backtrack to GTG again for the hammer chest and the Light Arrows. And of course I'd probably full clear Water first before even thinking of checking the toilet, since I had no idea where Din's was (GTG was listed as WOTH but it already had like four other good items in it). So hooray for the Song of Time saving me what would probably be over an hour of bullshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Ooo, I'll try that one next. I've been slowly going through the Blitz seeds last page because unlike most of what's posted here they don't expire. Just did #11. Good seed in general but with a fantastically trolly twist right at the end. I recommend trying it just to see if you can guess what it is. The hints very helpfully tell you that Gerudo Fortress and Gerudo Training Ground are barren. Guess where the Hookshot is.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
sorry to necro this thread, but in case anybody is interested the oot decomp sourceport has made a lot of headway recently and now has a built in rando generator, along with item and check tracking in the latest nightlies. just fyi, it's built off the 3ds rando, not regular n64 zootr

https://nightly.link/HarbourMasters/Shipwright/workflows/generate-builds/develop/soh-windows.zip

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Oh poo poo, that’s actually rad, I might have to give it a go before it inevitably gets C&Ded.

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.
Is that the base decomp that Ship of Harkanian is using?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Last time I checked, the PC version of the rando was significantly less full-featured than the N64 version, but it has been a long time since I looked

if someone wants to roll up a seed and post it, I'll give it a shot as well, I'm not into rando enough anymore do to one every week but I still do one once every few months

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

DoubleNegative posted:

Is that the base decomp that Ship of Harkanian is using?

it is ship of harkinian

cheetah7071 posted:

Last time I checked, the PC version of the rando was significantly less full-featured than the N64 version, but it has been a long time since I looked

if someone wants to roll up a seed and post it, I'll give it a shot as well, I'm not into rando enough anymore do to one every week but I still do one once every few months

tbh i don't know enough about it to say how it compares directly to zootr, but i do know that it's not up to zootr v7 because that just came out

take three tablets
Nov 21, 2005

Hell Gem
It’s missing some features but I’ve been having a good time with it. Also, works great on steam deck!

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

What controllers are you guys using for rando runs?

I've tried a bunch, but the xbox controllers are just kind of annoying due to the analog controls for c buttons. Thinking of trying a GCN controller with the mayflash adapter, but I also have a USB N64 controller that I got cheap off amazon that might work better. I stalled out on my last randomizer run but it'd be fun to try again with the PC version

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I've been trying out a sorta goofy setup with my Xbox controller. one extra feature the pc version has is freecam on right stick, so i have that, extra equips on dpad, c-left on y, c-down on b, and c-right on r1, movement speed modifier on left stick button

(it also lets you use dpad for ocarina songs so i don't have to battle with that with my config)

site fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Dec 12, 2022

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I use a GameCube controller. Having an octagonal gate on the analog stick is a huge boon for so many tricks, including things as simple as backwalking

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I've been playing rando runs on my steam deck and have right trigger as R, right bumper as C-left, Y as C-down (takes a bit to get used to ), and B for C-right, with the stick still set up as a c-stick so I can play songs without having to overthink things. Left trigger is Z and left bumper I have as L but I think I might switch that to one of the c buttons since L is just hiding/showing the map in OOT. A GC controller is probably one of the best options if you have an adapter, with all that said.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
the biggest problem with a gamecube controller is that the D-pad sucks rear end, and I keep accidentally hitting diagonals and equipping boots when I pull out my ocarina

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
i like having a c button on r1 because i keep slingshot/bow on there and it's like a standard fps fire button lol

also instead of backwalking i really recommend using the movement speed modifier toggle and boosting to like 300%. it saves so much time (same with enabling faster climb/push/text/king zora)

site fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Dec 12, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

take three tablets
Nov 21, 2005

Hell Gem

Weird Pumpkin posted:

What controllers are you guys using for rando runs?

I've tried a bunch, but the xbox controllers are just kind of annoying due to the analog controls for c buttons. Thinking of trying a GCN controller with the mayflash adapter, but I also have a USB N64 controller that I got cheap off amazon that might work better. I stalled out on my last randomizer run but it'd be fun to try again with the PC version

For standard controllers, I just copy the GCN VC layout as closely as possible. C-down on RB/where Z would be. C-left and C-right on X and Y.