Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

On yesterday’s op, one of my chars got out with 25% armor, and my other got back with half-structure. That plate/dcu combo is drat good for running away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Ask me about being a SJW in EE and working to make anyone who disagrees with me a villain and gets no opportunity to defend themselves at all because my army or sycophants I buy off with pixels follows me blindly.

So we made another Gila, and the buyer isn't online.

I don't have any pvp skills, so thought I'd try running some level 1 missions. I don't have any drone skills so just skipped those. I'm minmatar so have natural autocannon skills, and thought since it had high resists to double tank.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

fuckin lol

I'm laughing at the thought of that Kill Mail.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Just taking the spaceship for a spin, nothing bad could happen

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

What could possibly go wrong?

vermeul
Sep 14, 2014

Free Acid
Bait Gila

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Silly goose, you're here forever.

corgski fucked around with this message at 08:19 on Sep 21, 2020

vermeul
Sep 14, 2014

Free Acid
Can someone give me the goose tag. Looks sick.

Tulips
Dec 27, 2011

Duck Hunt!

Not quite as impressive as some recent killmail, but Jessie81 Ezekiel and I managed to bait a Covert Ops ship into attacking my Battle Venture II. We even got the warp scram I had back from the Venture II wreck. So ISK trade-off wise I'd say we lost around 5mil to make this guy lose probably 100+mil.
:goose:

Edit: Typo

Tulips fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Sep 21, 2020

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Tulips posted:

Not quite as impressive as some recent killmail, but Jessie81 Exekiel and I managed to bait a Covert Ops ship into attacking my Battle Venture II. We even got the warp scram I had back from the Venture II wreck. So ISK trade-off wise I'd say we lost around 5mil to make this guy lose probably 100+mil.
:goose:

Cheap afterburner on a hound? Why the gently caress

rocketrobot
Jul 11, 2003

pixaal posted:

Cheap afterburner on a hound? Why the gently caress

Speed tank. I have a mwd to close in and an afterburner for when I'm in orbital range.

It's probably smarter to use a DC or something though

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

rocketrobot posted:

Speed tank. I have a mwd to close in and an afterburner for when I'm in orbital range.

It's probably smarter to use a DC or something though

okay but why an MK1 over an MK5 which is still piss cheap? Even a cheap story AB is cheap.

Kungfu Trader
Aug 15, 2020

Well, that escalated quickly.
The Maller is so beautiful, so beautiful to me,
Whether killing salty pubies in space warfare or Dread Guristas in dedspace pve,
Some prefer the Gallente Vexor or the Caldari Caracal,
but for me, the Maller does the job no ands ifs whats or buts.
Missiles are the meta, and drones aren't far behind,
but nothing melts a shield tank, like EM pulse lasers from the Mallers cute behind
The Maller is a cruiser with a battleship sized tank
But don't let its toughness fool you, Mallers are also built to gank
Just drop in some heatsinks to melt somebody's face.
The Amarr made this cruiser perfection; it puts all others in their place

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard

yeah for that type of ship why not have an officer drop at that point wtf

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
buying a covops cloak and two named points but massively cheaping out on the thing that might keep you alive is really excellent

Ise
Nov 7, 2019

Did some goosey work in Taisy last night.

Dropped about 90M on my CNI for some PvP fittings, new rigs, warp pointers and etc. Flew from the nest, landing with all the grace of a blind goose on an icy lake amongst pubbies feeding on their ore rocks. Honked loudly and watched pubbies scatter. Even ate a few lowly ventures. HONK!

rocketrobot
Jul 11, 2003

pixaal posted:

okay but why an MK1 over an MK5 which is still piss cheap? Even a cheap story AB is cheap.

Ah I didn't see that. There is zero good reason.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
"Oh crap I'd need to go 5 jumps to get a decent afterburner. Nah. I'll just be really quick in null. What could happen?"

Tulips
Dec 27, 2011

Duck Hunt!

Demon Of The Fall posted:

"Oh crap I'd need to go 5 jumps to get a decent afterburner. Nah. I'll just be really quick in null. What could happen?"

Alternative ending: "Oh crap, I've spent 20mil on the hull, 40 million on a cloak and 50 million on points... I have literally zero money left. Oh well, I'll get a cheap AB as just 'something' to go in that slot, then go kill miners and make some money back... This Venture looks juicy..."

Remora
Aug 15, 2010

Kungfu Trader posted:

Whether killing salty pubies in space warfare or Dread Guristas in dedspace pve,
but nothing melts a shield tank, like EM pulse lasers from the Mallers cute behind

:five:

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Kungfu Trader posted:

I was always told space poetry was the worst down right terrible and would make me want to end deafen my ears just to stop end the torment of the recital and that reading it was a hate crime in most galaxies.

This is none of that. What other lies have I been told?

imPerpetual
Apr 14, 2007
The virtual energizer bunny.
I've been doing the "sit in a Scout/Inquisitor and wait for people to drop in" tactic lately so I don't have to chase people.

Been working pretty well thus far especially in a high traffic low sec place, get people passing by to sell/pickup stuff who pop in for a low tier anom and get podded instead.

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 18 days!

Kungfu Trader posted:

The Maller is so beautiful

I got a free one yesterday, and holy poo poo it rules.

Due to my lovely schedule (read: kids), I haven't been doing much more than mission running and a couple ops. But the T6 Maller will run T7 missions without any complaints, and I'm keying up some story missions to drag goons on (I'm assuming I'll need help).

Commie fleet best fleet.

Mjolnerd
Jan 28, 2006

Smellrose
really late to the tag party, but please tag me up!

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

This is now the second time (in different games) a dev has deleted an allied alliance of ours. :psyduck:

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Colin Mockery posted:

This is now the second time (in different games) a dev has deleted an allied alliance of ours. :psyduck:

What happened?

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

In a cartoon graveyard

netease tried to fix their gently caress up on a structure timer and deleted the alliance

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

esto es malo posted:

netease tried to fix their gently caress up on a structure timer and deleted the alliance

There’s also been an ongoing gently caress up on netease’s part where the settings for letting allies dock at the citadel aren’t working, so VVV has a support ticket open for trying to fix that fuckup as well.

edit: And there’s a standings bug where sometimes an ally doesn’t show up as blue in local until you click over to their profile, as well.

Haize
Jun 13, 2008

Kungfu Trader posted:

I am now second guessing training drone skills to get into a VNI and scoot gatecamps.

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

In a cartoon graveyard

their being netease's own fuckup, support said timers are based on UTC and it turns out no the timer you set is based on the person setting it's local time

rocketrobot
Jul 11, 2003

esto es malo posted:

their being netease's own fuckup, support said timers are based on UTC and it turns out no the timer you set is based on the person setting it's local time

I wish I could say I was surprised. I work with developers with 20+ years of experience that still gently caress up the most basic of timezone math.

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 18 days!

esto es malo posted:

Lol remember this for the netease :ccp: smilie

Edit: Thirteen years later, and I still laugh at "delete boot.ini".

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

~passion of gamers~

rocketrobot
Jul 11, 2003

Kaysette posted:

~passion of gamers~

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

when i have long stopped playing this game, this image i made in 5 minutes will be my legacy

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

mom and dad fight a lot posted:

Due to my lovely schedule (read: kids), I haven't been doing much more than mission running and a couple ops. But the T6 Maller will run T7 missions without any complaints, and I'm keying up some story missions to drag goons on (I'm assuming I'll need help).

If you set your Maller up with pulse lasers and a plate or two, you can wade in and tank your way through T6 and T7 missions with ease, maybe with one runaway break. If you set it up with beam lasers, three Tracking Computers and an armor repairer for patchwork, you can take out the first tier of story missions solo (Spark of Rebellion, For Freedom, For Patriotism, Super Soft Drink).

Just warp in at 100km, be patient and let them come to you, and start popping small fries like popcorn at about 60km with one TC activation, which is good for two grouped shots. Watch for Elites charging in with MWDs, bug out if you start taking significant armor damage, lather rinse repeat until done.

Tulips
Dec 27, 2011

Duck Hunt!

Go RV! posted:

when i have long stopped playing this game, this image i made in 5 minutes will be my legacy

Casual, but well placed and deserving flex.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

delfin posted:

If you set your Maller up with pulse lasers and a plate or two, you can wade in and tank your way through T6 and T7 missions with ease, maybe with one runaway break. If you set it up with beam lasers, three Tracking Computers and an armor repairer for patchwork, you can take out the first tier of story missions solo (Spark of Rebellion, For Freedom, For Patriotism, Super Soft Drink).

Just warp in at 100km, be patient and let them come to you, and start popping small fries like popcorn at about 60km with one TC activation, which is good for two grouped shots. Watch for Elites charging in with MWDs, bug out if you start taking significant armor damage, lather rinse repeat until done.

This is the best advice.

You really only need one plate though. Two Nos and Two armor reps and I'd go with a Red and Blue armor res. You can clear the 5 million missions pretty easy you just need to pay attention a bit more but I've never had even a close call.

Just don't fly drunk and its easy peasy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

What level of skills do you need for that? I am dumb and bad at internet spaceships, but I have a maller now and want that sweet, sweet mission isk.