Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

steinrokkan posted:

split man reinforces his position as the dumbest piece of poo poo in this galactic quadrant, and makes it virtually impossible for anybody to compete

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Split Pea Superman
Dec 16, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

steinrokkan posted:

i remember the last time a millionaire worked a day building a factory / working at the factory floor

no i dont, actually

Like this displays such a profound ignorance of how companies start that it only makes sense from the perspective of "nothing is ever created, commodities simply magically appear from the ether, and can only be stolen".

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
lol, do you literally imbue neurons into your posts? It's hard to believe you would be getting dumber by the post otherwise

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Jeff Bezos accepted a 300k gift from his parents to start Amazon, and forced his employees to work on bare concrete floor without chairs or tables or work clothes to save money, while he acted as a work shy piece of poo poo, in case people with working brains (sorry, Split Pea) didn't know about his bootstrap beginnings.

And since then he never bothered to learn respect towards the people who actually built his company while he was sitting on his rear end, collecting revenue from his capital.

Split Pea Superman
Dec 16, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

steinrokkan posted:

Jeff Bezos accepted a 300k gift from his parents to start Amazon, and forced his employees to work on bare concrete floor without chairs or tables or work clothes to save money, while he acted as a work shy piece of poo poo, in case people with working brains (sorry, Split Pea) didn't know about his bootstrap beginnings.

And since then he never bothered to learn respect towards the people who actually built his company.

The shoulders of giants and all that. Just admit the notion of an individual ever creating anything is a wholely foreign concept to you, and you're mad because your mother won't breastfeed you anymore.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Split Pea Superman posted:

The shoulders of giants and all that. Just admit the notion of an individual ever creating anything is a wholely foreign concept to you, and you're mad because your mother won't breastfeed you anymore.

Yeah, an individual has never created anything of significant value, but unlike you sometimes people create things as a collective. Too bad you never managed to fit into one.

Split Pea Superman
Dec 16, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

steinrokkan posted:

Yeah, an individual has never created anything of significant value, but unlike you sometimes people create things as a collective. Too bad you never managed to fit into one.

So, just so we're clear on your beliefs, you are incapable of creating anything of note, and any value you have comes from someone else (which you have every right to take)

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

So, just so we're clear on your beliefs, you are incapable of creating anything of note, and any value you have comes from someone else (which you have every right to take)

No, he's not a capitist.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Individuals don't create poo poo in a vacuum on their own you dense bitch lmao

Split Pea Superman
Dec 16, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Who What Now posted:

No, he's not a capitist.

I understand y'all justify your misanthropy by projecting your insecurity on others. I'm trying to get you to realize this.

Split Pea Superman
Dec 16, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Moridin920 posted:

Individuals don't create poo poo in a vacuum on their own you dense bitch lmao

Are some more productive than others in context though? Amazon started with Bezos, his wife, and one other guy. If his wife and the other guy cut him out (since they were doing all the work) would there be no Amazon, but some other company they created?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

I understand y'all justify your misanthropy by projecting your insecurity on others. I'm trying to get you to realize this.

:ironicat:

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

binaryjunky posted:

lol you're broke.

You have no power.

You go out there kid, you are the ONE that knows how to make communism work!

You type like the time cube guy

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

I like how by Splits logic we should just live in a society governed by Philisopher Kings.

bad day
Mar 26, 2012

by VideoGames

steinrokkan posted:

lol, do you literally imbue neurons into your posts? It's hard to believe you would be getting dumber by the post otherwise

Technically you are only alive for a given amount of time and in essence all posts of yours are imbued with your essential unrecoverable life essence, that most precious thing you can never recover.

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

So you haven't heard of Jeff Bezos?

Jeff bezos isnt a millionaire hes a billionaire you loving retard

we

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Look it's a simple fact that no one would of thought of creating affordable and fast online shipping through abusive employment practices and a general company disdain for human wellness. Only Bezos could bring us Prime.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

:hmbol: at the whole we built this world crap. The people that feel society got one over on them don't do nice things for it/others. They drag their feet, never doing more than as little as possible, all the while bitching about what they're entitled to. It's a theif's mindset.

I'm sure there were easier ways to make money for me than go into social work but i feel like helping the poor and downtrodden is a little important. Stop projecting your lovely personality on other people

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

*guzzling three 60oz sodas while driving between my dads used car dealerships*

Yeah I totally don't get why the workers at my business are so lazy, I've had to work hard for everything I've ever earned and look at where that's gotten me in life!

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
you gotta forgive him, he's just from the south where there is no education

Split Pea Superman
Dec 16, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

I'm sure there were easier ways to make money for me than go into social work but i feel like helping the poor and downtrodden is a little important. Stop projecting your lovely personality on other people

Would you say that the people you help act in the interest of the greater good more frequently than others, or less frequently?

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

quote:

The people that feel society got one over on them don't do nice things for it/others.

i mean, even the nazis ran soup kitchens bro

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Humans evolved as a highly social and cooperative animal and actually the broke brained are the people being bitter super selfish and willing to literally watch the species choke under its own filth in order to make those shares go up a bit more.

Get over it lol

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Would you say that the people you help act in the interest of the greater good more frequently than others, or less frequently?

Consider doing literally anything to help another human being in your miserable life before you die alone and afraid you piece of poo poo

Magnitogorsk.
Nov 14, 2004

Global warming is barely a big deal at all compared to the trajectory we used to be on. We'll have to do a lot of environmental engineering projects along certain shorelines and it will be a little warmer and wetter in some places, big fucking deal.
humans collaborate more frequently and effectively under a capitalist system. It's one of my favorite things about capitalism in fact. What's some of your guys' favorite things about it?

Split Pea Superman
Dec 16, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Moridin920 posted:

i mean, even the nazis ran soup kitchens bro

They also started one of the most destructive wars in history because they needed to stop the parasitic Jews from stealing all the volks-labor via systemic exploitation.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

They also started one of the most destructive wars in history because they needed to stop the parasitic Jews from stealing all the volks-labor via systemic exploitation.

i know now imagine you are even more misanthropic than they are, drat

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Magnitogorsk. posted:

humans collaborate more frequently and effectively under a capitalist system. It's one of my favorite things about capitalism in fact. What's some of your guys' favorite things about it?

*leaving my isolated cubicle, on my way back to my 1 bed apartment to consume an hour of netflix before passing out and restarting the cycle*

Yes, I too love all the connections I make thanks to capital efficiency!

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Capital lets business owners collaborate with the police to murder minorities and keep them in ghettos where they can't touch their nice stuff.

Solid Poopsnake
Mar 27, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Magnitogorsk. posted:

i love the part where everyone can have a comfortable living if you just work hard enough, because the playing field is completely level and talent and work ethic are the very real arbiters of success

Split Pea Superman
Dec 16, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Moridin920 posted:

i know now imagine you are even more misanthropic than they are, drat

I'd love to hear how my message of "hey guy, maybe that chip on your shoulder is alienating you from others. You're most likely a human engaging in the very human act of channeling your resentment towards the Other, and if you can't find the Spirit of Forgiveness then this act will prevent you from forming mutually beneficial relationships" is a misanthropic one.

:allears:

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

The "other" in history is generally not swimming in scrooge mcduck levels of gold while their workers struggle to know if they will have a roof over their head

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
"I'm just telling you to be a reckless self centered rear end in a top hat because I love humanity and kindness very much"

Solid Poopsnake
Mar 27, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

I'd love to hear how my message of "hey guy, maybe that chip on your shoulder is alienating you from others. You're most likely a human engaging in the very human act of channeling your resentment towards the Other, and if you can't find the Spirit of Forgiveness then this act will prevent you from forming mutually beneficial relationships" is a misanthropic one.

:allears:

jeff bezos isnt going to sleep with u

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

steinrokkan posted:

"I'm just telling you to be a reckless self centered rear end in a top hat because I love humanity and kindness very much"

lmao

Split Pea Superman
Dec 16, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

The "other" in history is generally not swimming in scrooge mcduck levels of gold while their workers struggle to know if they will have a roof over their head

Lol that's exactly what the Other is. People don't justify their anti-social behavior with "see those guys over there? They've had a real poor go at life. They're beaten down, weak, and dejected which means it'll be real easy for us to take all their stuff". The story is that *they're* the one who had the poor go at life, and so when they're stealing and commiting wanton acts of violence it's because they're actually a hero righting the wrongs of someone that's much more well to do.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
the median salary at Amazon is $28k and Bezos makes that every 10 seconds or so, and he's also threatening to shitcan thousands of jobs in Seattle over a $500/yr/employee tax earmarked specifically to help the homeless in the city

tell me more about how the poor are just imagining poo poo

Split Pea Superman
Dec 16, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
If only Jeff Bezos was more generous with those millions of dollars of cardboard boxes that constitute his wealth the homelessness problem would be solved for good :qq:

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

If only Jeff Bezos was more generous with those millions of dollars of cardboard boxes that constitute his wealth the homelessness problem would be solved for good :qq:

you think we're talking about literal dollars and stock options when we speak of surplus value?

here's your moridin econ 102 lesson for the day: money != wealth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solid Poopsnake
Mar 27, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

People don't justify their anti-social behavior with "see those guys over there? They've had a real poor go at life. They're beaten down, weak, and dejected which means it'll be real easy for us to take all their stuff".

this is literally what the wealthy think tho

• Locked thread