Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zoya
Jun 12, 2023

echoes of a distant past,
bodies die but voices last.
once were held within a cell,
your mind is where these voices dwell.

we could just turbo shwinne and take a break together

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoya
Jun 12, 2023

##vote shwinne

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

i'm a vanilla-town seer, i get told whether someone is VT or not VT. so partial info on players. no reason to share till now. here's what i've got

n1: scan mycelia. not VT
n2: scan toal. not VT
n3: scan keats. action failed, presumably RB'd by PMuzz
n4: forgot to put in a scan
n5: scan tammy. VT. tammy is now dead

##vote salad

salad hammered before i had a chance to check in and share my scans

they wouldn't have made a difference and i woulda voted pmuzz but still, that's scum behavior.

sandrage is townrage, zoya could be scum but the early claim makes me doubt it, keats could easily be scum but nto as scummy as salad

salad > keats > zoya > sand

i disagree with sand on a scum gift giver being overpowered because that's just a full wine situation - scum gift giver would have to figure out how to distribute gifts in a way that helps their team but appears to help town. totally solid wine-rich game design choice imo

##vote salad

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

drat Shwin. That’s a tough position to be in, you’ve played p well this game too :/ if you had been more willing to bus keats to appease me I think I’d have kept you townlocked all game.

Zoya
Jun 12, 2023

##unvote

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

if we dunk salad today and salad flips scum, i can scan zoya or keats, both claimed VT iirc

if i somehow survive the night that'll lock it in

so i'm dead tonight no matter what

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

Sandwolf posted:

drat Shwin. That’s a tough position to be in, you’ve played p well this game too :/ if you had been more willing to bus keats to appease me I think I’d have kept you townlocked all game.

This sounds fake.

But why Salad??

If we're all in agreement that Shwin is scum?

##Vote Shwin

Zoya
Jun 12, 2023

i'm town weak thief not VT

i dunno what to think about this i'm gonna sip my breakfast tea and ponder for a bit

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

I predict scum (Zoya) is going to kill Salad and then get me executed tomorrow, but there's at least a chance

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

Johnny Keats posted:

This sounds fake.

But why Salad??

If we're all in agreement that Shwin is scum?

##Vote Shwin

so far the only person to vote salad is me

and i was clear on why

there is no one who is pushing salad who also thinks i am scum as far as i can tell

what the hell are you talking about

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

salad

why did you hammer

before i could post my scans

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

what possible town justification can there be for that

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

If salad is scum this was basically an experiment in futility from the start and I won’t be upset about losing a game we were practically designed to lose to. I will be upset that I was deliberately given a role that would encourage me to come to false conclusions.

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

We’ll have to see the setup when the game is over but assuming salad iw scum I actually think this is a good design. Anyway this is post game chat really

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

With the roles going out publicly and so many town thiefs (like I guessed, probably scum doesn't have one) I don't think it's impossible, no

Zoya
Jun 12, 2023

i think we kind of have to shoot shwinne here?

as believable a role as that actually is, it also is completely unverifiable, already-known public info

it's either shwinne alone, or it's keats alone, or its shwinne+keats, or it's salad+keats, annnd now i'm confusing myself

if there's 2 scum this is mylo and it would be kind of weird if there was only 1 scum left

unless salad was scum

then maybe the balance checks out -- knowledgeable toalpaz role + assumed-to-be-townie gift giving role as a scumduo? + a 3P in the mix?

but i could also see it just being shwinne + keats and keats distances/busses until shwinne shows up and tries to push us onto salad, if it works they win instantly if it doesn't work keats gains towncred and tries to get sand to vote me tomorrow

HhhhhMmmMMmMMmmmMMM

would like to hear salad's THOUGHTS before we end the day either way

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

Zoya posted:

and tries to get sand to vote me tomorrow

One catch: I would never think this is possible

Zoya
Jun 12, 2023

true, we're the unshakeable miller duo

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Zoya posted:

true, we're the unshakeable miller duo

No we aren’t, not after your play over the last two days.

Zoya
Jun 12, 2023

:smithfrog:

Zoya
Jun 12, 2023

if it makes you feel any better, i was starting to consider unvoting pmuzz when salad suddenly hammered

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Zoya posted:

if it makes you feel any better, i was starting to consider unvoting pmuzz when salad suddenly hammered

why did you not put a single iota of stock in what I was saying

Zoya
Jun 12, 2023

because i thought pmuzz was lying scum and i was salty about her giving away my ill-fated "someone stole my item" gambit

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Why aren’t you voting Zoya

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019
Morning everyone

Im not scum and frankly I don’t know who is at this point. I’m in between movies at le cinema

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019
When I get home I’m gonna reread D1 and decide who to vote

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019
Zoya and Sand or Zoya and Keats, I think, possibly

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

saladscooper posted:

Zoya and Sand or Zoya and Keats, I think, possibly

Oh my god

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Sandwolf posted:

Oh my god

Idk for sure.

The trailer I was sitting through had a moment where 3 people said “oh my god” one after the other as I was reading this btw

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

saladscooper posted:

Idk for sure.

The trailer I was sitting through had a moment where 3 people said “oh my god” one after the other as I was reading this btw

Dude if I’m scum why did I try and prevent BOTH of the precious day eliminations? I even addressed PMuzz was 3P and then WORKED AGAINST THE VOTE because I felt it more important to find scum. What is the play here? Purposefully draw out my loving nightmare so at end of game I can go “a-ha! I’m a real scumbag who was also playing a scumbag”?

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019
Everyone else post who scum

Zoya
Jun 12, 2023

Sandwolf posted:

Why aren’t you voting Zoya

i was waiting to hear salad's thoughts

his thoughts weren't very useful, it turns out

##vote shwinne

if it's keats + salad then, well, whatever i guess

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

saladscooper posted:

Everyone else post who scum

I think it's Zoya/Shwin.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I don’t care anymore. I’m so ducking done with mafia

##vote shwin

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:redhammer: This game will be better without shwinnebego!

Votecount for Day 6
With 5 alive, it's 3 votes to execute. The current deadline is November 12th, 2023 at 7 p.m. EST -- that's in about 2 days, 2 hours.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
The survivors turned on the master of the manor, a swift treachery that proved just indeed. For in the master's chamber, the implements of sorcery. The liege of Ostuna had been in the grasp of the prince of darkness!

quote:

Viscount Gualdo of Ostuna
Scum Thief
You are a Thief. Any night that you do not have a gift, you may ##Steal (Player) one from another player.

You are Scum. You may communicate with other Scum at any time via a private channel. Each night, one scum may ##Kill (Player) a target. You win if scum start a day with controlling share of the vote.

He is buried with

quote:

Poplar Cane
Each night you may ##Sense (Player) another player, determining if they are Vanilla Town or not. This result only respects roles assigned at the start of the game, not gifts.

Viscount Gualdo, played by Schwinn, has been executed Day 6. It is now Night 6.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
At last sacred hospitality was broken, though the body of the greek was not. He lay, stiff as a stone and white as bone, bloodlessly slain in his bedchamber. Three remaiedn now, and one among them must be he final foe. Today, Ostuna would be redeemed by grace, or forsaken to the pit.

quote:

Thiasus the Satyr
Town Blind Tinker
You are a Blind Tinker. At the start of Day 1, you learn the identity of Hegetoria the Nymph, but not their role, rules text, or alignment. You start the game with three gifts. You do not know the exact contents of these gifts, only a vague description of the power they contain. During Day 1, you must ##Give (Color) (Player) all of these gifts to other players as Day Actions in thread. Each player can only receive a single gift from any source, and you may not give Hegetoria a gift. If Day 1 ends in an early hammer, you must distribute all remaining gifts as quickly as possible before the flip is processed.

You are Town. You win when all threats to Town are dead.

Thiasus the Satyr, played by Sandwolf, has died Night 6. It is now Day 7.

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

I know for a fact that I'm going to be blamed for town's loss because I "should have acted townier". I'm going to preempt this by saying it frustrates the hell out of me and you're all hypocrites. Get a grip and take responsibility for your own gameplay. It's Zoya whether you find out now or later.

I understand that it is my responsibility to defend myself now, and I will do that. I just had to get that out of my system. DO NOT VOTE FOR ME SALAD AND/OR SANDWOLF.

Also I'm getting stoned now though (didn't know when day was gonna open, sorry) so this will have to wait.

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019
This caught me right as I was about to go see Anatomy of a Fall but I am gonna pop in and say it's my first 3-man exlo, woo

I am not going to vote for anyone until I get back from the movie and have a chance to read. We have plenty of time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

I don't know if I'm glad Sandwolf was the one killed, or if I feel dread about it