Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib
Hahahah that looks awful to extract. Did you escape going in that puddle, yourself?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

I should have gone though that puddle, that's what I get.

-A n i m 8-
Feb 5, 2009

Barnsy
Jul 22, 2013

Clean, not sure what's with the exhaust though.

Those seem like fun bikes to start on. Keep running into a guy with one on the way back from work, and he tries (in vain) to beat me off the lights every time.

Shimrod
Apr 15, 2007

race tires on road are a great idea, ask me!

A mate of mine has one, they're brilliant fun to ride, even if it's only for a quick splat up the mountain. I'd probably crack the shits with it for daily/city commuting though, due to being broken by 1000cc bikes.

Fanelien
Nov 23, 2003

These are legitimately a good bike, I know someone with one and in the tight stuff he can be downright difficult to keep up with.

-A n i m 8-
Feb 5, 2009

Barnsy posted:

Clean, not sure what's with the exhaust though.

Those seem like fun bikes to start on. Keep running into a guy with one on the way back from work, and he tries (in vain) to beat me off the lights every time.

Thanks. This is just a slip on called Coffman's. With buffel removed it gives louder and deeper tone plus some crackle and pops from time to time. Saves around 6 pounds.

-A n i m 8- fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Jan 16, 2017

Yerok
Jan 11, 2009

Nfcknblvbl posted:

I should have gone though that puddle, that's what I get.

I had the same crash on a horse trail in South Dakota, except my bike ended up handlebars down in the mud puddle instead of next to it.

alr
May 14, 2009

Nice. I disliked that colour when Yamaha first revealed it, but then seeing it out and about in the world and in pics like yours with normal lighting it looks real good. I washed mine for the first time in a while yesterday, forgotten just how blue the wheels are.

Creativeforce56
May 26, 2016

alr posted:

Nice. I disliked that colour when Yamaha first revealed it, but then seeing it out and about in the world and in pics like yours with normal lighting it looks real good. I washed mine for the first time in a while yesterday, forgotten just how blue the wheels are.

I love Yamaha blue!

dema
Aug 13, 2006

Nice. I kinda wish I'd kept my Ninja 300.

I need to get a fender eliminator kit.

pokie
Apr 27, 2008

IT HAPPENED!

Here's my version of a redwood road.

I am not a good photographer.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

We do it with 2 bikes.

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

I looked into fender eliminators but they make the FZ look worse imo

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
went to Lower Lake with Pokie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62Yldz20Pn0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6gtp3CI35g

Supermoto buddies :kimchi:

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

Man, I saw that water and thought to myself "what a perfect place to fall" and then voila!

Reminded me of this. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tignwpvWbqA

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

I really wish I had access to roads that are so deteriorated yet still paved.

Seeing that stuff on sporty tyres makes me feel less nervous about 50/50's I must say.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
Oh don't get me wrong, I'm a huuuge fuckin pansy on those tires. on knobbies and I haul-balls. yeah generally though they're fine unless its mud and then SURPRISE.

That particular road is one of my two ~local favs. its busted all to poo poo so theres no cyclists, cars, sportbros, harleys anywhere nearby.

E: lolllll that video is great. one right after another *fwop*

cursedshitbox fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Jan 18, 2017

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib
:kimchi: the WRx adv I always wanted to make! Good to see it getting put where it shouldn't be, and dumped, just as it should be.

pokie
Apr 27, 2008

IT HAPPENED!

I drive sumo real good, and my mommy loves me!

This was a great ride. Thanks for the company, CSB. I got a couple of bumps from that drop, but it was all good. Just came in a little too hot to correct for the mud banks. I'll post my own POV of the fall once it's ready.

pokie
Apr 27, 2008

IT HAPPENED!

Here we go
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqnKf-A5KVE

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002
glad the WRX didn't go sliding off the edge into the drink, that would've been a mess

Tactical Lesbian
Mar 31, 2012

Jazzzzz posted:

glad the WRX didn't go sliding off the edge into the drink, that would've been a mess

yeah that would have been a heap of poo poo to retrieve

pokie
Apr 27, 2008

IT HAPPENED!

I rode my WR to LA from San Jose and back. I encountered heavy rain, hail, and snow along the way. Ended up having a great ride with a forums lurker Polishhero.

Full album:

http://imgur.com/a/gUxvv

pokie fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Jan 24, 2017

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib
Your getting that biek is the gift that keeps on giving. It's such a cool lookin WR, and you rode through some really beautiful scenery. The peak of the rally fairing doesn't bug you? I always figured I'd have to have one of those awesome clear rally fairings if I got one.

Nice catte!

Schroeder91
Jul 5, 2007

I want a rally bike now. Cool pics, I kinda want to ride North to see some snow but :effort: and I don't have cold weather gear.

pokie
Apr 27, 2008

IT HAPPENED!

Coydog, nah, fairing is no problem. I am tall enough (6'1") that it's pretty easy to not see it. I am considering getting an extra windshield bit for it though since now it just channels the wind into my helmet. Also, ow, my shoulders. Wind is really taking a tall on them.

Speaking of cold weather gear, Gerbing's jacket liner and gloves were a loving life saver on this trip. There is nothing like freezing your hands off in 8 hours of riding in heavy rain, not to mention the ~30 minute hail and snow bit.

Oh, by the way here's the video of the failed staircase ride.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uz71W-QXOaY

I probably should not have taken my hands off the bars, but the front started to wobble, and I panicked as I thought a crash was coming so I grabbed the wall to avoid being under the bike. Next time I will get a longer running start to hit the stairs straight while having enough time to put my feet on the pegs. Noob sumo stuff :].

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

pokie posted:

Coydog, nah, fairing is no problem. I am tall enough (6'1") that it's pretty easy to not see it. I am considering getting an extra windshield bit for it though since now it just channels the wind into my helmet. Also, ow, my shoulders. Wind is really taking a tall on them.

Speaking of cold weather gear, Gerbing's jacket liner and gloves were a loving life saver on this trip. There is nothing like freezing your hands off in 8 hours of riding in heavy rain, not to mention the ~30 minute hail and snow bit.

I probably should not have taken my hands off the bars, but the front started to wobble, and I panicked as I thought a crash was coming so I grabbed the wall to avoid being under the bike. Next time I will get a longer running start to hit the stairs straight while having enough time to put my feet on the pegs. Noob sumo stuff :].

Have you tried some of this?
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCJAvmhgP0h1AEKY8vTEJPJg

Shadowlz
Oct 3, 2011

Oh it's gonna happen one way or the other, pal.

I would have stood up to help with shock absorbing and shifted my weight towards the back. This might just be my mountain bike experience talking though as I don't ride dirt bikes or sumos.

Shimrod
Apr 15, 2007

race tires on road are a great idea, ask me!

Shadowlz posted:

I would have stood up to help with shock absorbing and shifted my weight towards the back. This might just be my mountain bike experience talking though as I don't ride dirt bikes or sumos.

That's correct.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

Shadowlz posted:

1. Always stand.

2. Watch a bunch of erzberg footage.

3. Watch the channel I linked.

4. Practice.

5. Go back, hit it going a bit faster, loft the front and jump the whole set.

Shadowlz
Oct 3, 2011

builds character posted:

1. Always stand.

2. Watch a bunch of erzberg footage.

3. Watch the channel I linked.

4. Practice.

5. Go back, hit it going a bit faster, loft the front and jump the whole set.

Can I try this on my F4i?

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002
if you like blowing fork seals

Shadowlz
Oct 3, 2011

Jazzzzz posted:

if you like blowing fork seals

I do like blowing fork seals! See you guys on youtube!

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

I'm going to watch all of their videos. 5 times.

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib

pokie posted:

"Don't drop my bike!" [Pokie would drop his bike] . As a million people have said, you gotta stand and stay loose. The WR250x is great at stairs ;)

Heated gear is a godsend. I was riding on a drizzly dreary day yesterday, and having the most cheery time, because of it.

The handlebars may also be taking their toll on your shoulders since you aren't used to the angle. Mine did. Support yourself with your core, not your arms, and this pain will go away. Stretch before long rides. :)

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002
Takes a while to get used to the elbows out posture, especially long slogs at speed on the slab since it turns your upper body into a giant sail

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

It's surprising to me how universal slow speed skills are, and it makes me wish my first bike was a trials instead of street one.

pokie
Apr 27, 2008

IT HAPPENED!

Thanks for the link, builds character.

And yes, I hear your advice on stair traversal. I will have CSB ride with me into the industrial woods and axe m... teach me how to do these things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I helped Lowtax become a cyborg and all I got was this lousy avatar
Lol if you think a little staircase like that would blow fork seals. Even more lol the advice of watching Erzberg footage. Here is my pro tip if you don't want to crash, don't let go of the loving handlebars.