Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Andrast posted:

Peace walker is like monster hunter if monster hunter was loving terrible and also had creepy scenes with underage girls.

Actually Peace Walker is good and fun so it's basically nothing like Monster Hunter.

Seriously, if you don't think Big Boss and 3 of his most elite Commandos fighting off what is basically a battleship on tank treads isn't rad I'm not sure what more you want out of life. The mission structure and Base building/R&D stuff were great and I'm glad they're coming back bigger and better in MGS 5.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
yeah I'm really hoping for an Until Dawn LP

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JsneVykvjlU

the promise has been made

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I STILL BELIEVE

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Oh I guess I should check twitter more

quote:

The REALEST Matt ‏@MattMcMuscles 4h4 hours ago
For those asking, myself and Pat will be starting an LP of #UntilDawn this week! Been looking forward to this game for 3 years!

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Ah good now I don't have to get it from Redbox

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

Baal posted:

Ah good now I don't have to get it from Redbox

gently caress redbox, it killed canadian redbox and then peaced out like a bitch

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

MGS 1 was really cool when it came out but it has kind of aged worse than any of the others, even for a PSX game and honestly just isn't as interesting a story or setting as the rest of the franchise. I can totally understand putting 4 ahead of 1.

You're out of your goddamn mind to say MGS 4 is better than 3 though.

Peace Walker is still the best though. All the interview tapes where you get all the between character conversations/development and the perfect multiplayer and all the goofy poo poo you can do puts it at #1. Until Peace Walker 2 The Phantom Pain comes out, at least.

MGS 1's story is still pretty damned good and isn't as much of a "Lets dick with the fans" as 2 or "Well lets try to make it so I don't have to cover any more poo poo in these" as 4. Plus if you play the Twin Snakes version Snake jumps up off a missile fired by the Hind D and shoots Liquid with a Stinger and that's loving radical.

True OG's put it 1,3,2,Peace Walker,4.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
Now I'm watching Chrono Trigger! It would be cool to see a Terranigma LP, that game is pretty good.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Nuts and Bolts is great and Matt is a poopy-diapered salt monster

Maybe the stalwarts have a point. Maybe the one who is wrong is...you!

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

KingShiro posted:

Now I'm watching Chrono Trigger! It would be cool to see a Terranigma LP, that game is pretty good.

Enjoy, I really like that one.

I can't decide what to start watching now that I finished CT.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Captain Invictus posted:

Nuts and Bolts is great and Matt is a poopy-diapered salt monster

Maybe the stalwarts have a point. Maybe the one who is wrong is...you!

Nuts and Bolts is Rocket League but worse. It's simple and there's not a lot to it but it gets boring very fast. Unlike Rocket League.

I'm still waiting on that Paper Mario LP where Pat and Liam get stonewalled by action commands.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

hubris.height posted:

Enjoy, I really like that one.

I can't decide what to start watching now that I finished CT.

if you haven't watched re4 it's really good

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I guess as someone with a penchant for building things, the assembly aspect for making absurd bullshit to complete specific objectives was fantastic. And the humor was still good.

I absolutely love all the major banjo games, including N&B. It's different, but not bad.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

lets hang out posted:

if you haven't watched re4 it's really good

I've watched them all. Been watching since the Persona 4 Video. I think I'll watch re2 again.

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

Nuts & Bolts is the best

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away
Some say that Liam is still searching for his Hogan to this day...

DPM
Feb 23, 2015

TAKE ME HOME
I'LL CHECK YA BUM FOR GRUBS
No Gods or Kings, Only Hogan.

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014

The Boss. The CEO. The J-Cup Lover.
By the end of the Rare replay LP, I turn around on Nuts and Bolts a little bit.

But it shouldn't have been a Banjo game, and it's a terrible one at that. It should have been called, "Rare Adventure Racing Featuring British Things" I would have liked it better.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

If Banjo Kazooie games came out as regularly as Mario, Kirby, Pokemon, or even Assassin's Creed games then Nuts and Bolts would've been better received.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

KingShiro posted:

That game was great, I just checked the wiki an I'm surprised it wasn't released in America.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

RareAcumen posted:

If Banjo Kazooie games came out as regularly as Mario, Kirby, Pokemon, or even Assassin's Creed games then Nuts and Bolts would've been better received.

If Banjo came out as often as Assassin's Creed I would be a serial arsonist.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
The Rare Replay videos are very fun.

Also, Vita cut a great Liam promo for 2k15.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Rodyle posted:

If Banjo came out as often as Assassin's Creed I would be a serial arsonist.

Oh god, a world where collect-a-thon games are constantly being released every year!

THE HORROR

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Podcast! SBFC 107: SuperBarfBarfBarf At Barfmail Dot Barf

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPpQJlYT5VI

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I can't believe they got the real John Cena for that latest intro.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

TheRealestMatt posted:

By the end of the Rare replay LP, I turn around on Nuts and Bolts a little bit.

But it shouldn't have been a Banjo game, and it's a terrible one at that. It should have been called, "Rare Adventure Racing Featuring British Things" I would have liked it better.
I can understand that argument, but at the same time, I doubt anything Banjo-related would have come out otherwise. And the people who worked on Banjo originally had largely moved on. If another Banjo platformer came out, it wouldn't have been made by the same team, and post-MS Rare hasn't had the best track record outside of Viva Pinata. Slapping the Banjo name onto N&B was probably the only way they were able to get it greenlit in the first place, since I don't know if MS would've been too hot on a brand new experimental property.

Purely speculation of course, but I wager that's in line with the reasoning for it. And N&B led to some good humor and great gameplay, despite disappointing people expecting Banjo Threeie. I won't say N&B is perfect, but it's not the Great Satan like some folks seem to consider it.

cmykJester
Feb 16, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

HGH posted:

I can't believe they got the real John Cena for that latest intro.

too bad the rest of the video was broken or something, it was just a blank screen for me :(

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away
Hey kids, do you like Besieged, that hip new Youtube sensation? Well guess what? BANJO KAZOOIE: NUTS AND BOLTS is the same thing, only a hundred times better and chock full of fun content! You, too, can enjoy it if you don't form all of your opinions based on Jontron videos!

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
Really glad to hear the SBFP get on the hype train bound for a New Day.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Laughing at the very thought of Best Friends trying to pronounce Sahelanthropus next week.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Sah-hey-lanthropus???

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
Sah-hey-la-la..gaskwang

I'm looking forward to this until dawn lp :allears:

Depths fucked around with this message at 15:31 on Aug 25, 2015

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
Pat's journey through Witcher 3 is identical to mine, and we are at the same place in the game. It's starting to get freaky as hell.

I can confirm that the moment you realize this is just the beginning of Act 3 is amazing, and there is a bunch more that appears. And its so easy to get spoiled on.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

"Just another example of something getting canceled because they announced it beforehand."

Liam's loving dark snipes, holy poo poo....

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Pat remains wrong and dumb in Triss vs Yen

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
What the hell fighting games does Liam play that Killer Instinct is far more needing of playing. Smash Brothers?

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

East or West, the only wars that matter are waifu wars

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Rodyle posted:

Pat remains wrong and dumb in Triss vs Yen

You picked the wrong hill to die on, brother.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

hubris.height posted:

You picked the wrong hill to die on, brother.

Rodyle posted:

East or West, the only wars that matter are waifu wars