Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

welp im done with this event already. got the grand prize on my first bag :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

veedubfreak posted:

Hey, log in fucko.

Im watching a movie / talking to a hot girl on facebook Im trying to bang. That > bad robots.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Skoll posted:

Im watching a movie / talking to a hot girl on facebook Im trying to bang. That > bad robots.

Banging a chick with a fever is rape. She's obviously not healthy enough to consent.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Nobody outside of D&D cares.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Skoll posted:

Nobody outside of D&D cares.

Good point.

Polyakov
Mar 22, 2012

Oh Snapple! posted:

when i want to play and literally no one else in WoL or on my friend list is on there's not really much to do about it. mumble's also been empty whenever I've checked over the last week or so and considered playing a few games, so my general impression is that overwatch probably killed groups for this game

I hung out for an hour or so in channel on a recent weekday and some dudes turned up and we got a fair few games in, you just need to be the guy that waits in the channel for people to turn up.

Dueling Bandsaws
Mar 3, 2016

veedubfreak posted:

Who the hell is Dueling Bandsaws.

Yo.

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

What's a good catapult build now that it's stupid tiny?

Please someone tell me that at some point in the past... *checks calendar* six months or so, AC/10s have been made playable: CPLT-K2

Stringbean
Aug 6, 2010
Don't think I've ever seen a AC10 catapult

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
I think it could work. The Four IV is quirked for it, though.

A.o.D. fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Jun 19, 2016

armchairyoda
Sep 17, 2008
Melman

Stringbean posted:

Banano inspired me to run one waaaaaaay back in the day.

It was fun, just don't brawl (!). 2 ac10's, 4 ml's. Fit the engine/heat sinks around that. It will be hot.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

I was mostly just wondering who you were in game :p but we sorted all that out.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer

Stringbean posted:

Thats because the Fraggapult reigns supreme.

Im pretty sure it doesnt but it looks fun once someone drunkely stumbles in front of you.

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

AC/10s are pretty fun. They strike a good balance between feeling powerful, dealing damage, and having range. It helps if you've got a robit quirked for them though.

Stringbean
Aug 6, 2010

Yolomon Wayne posted:

Thats because the Fraggapult reigns supreme.

Im pretty sure it doesnt but it looks fun once someone drunkely stumbles in front of you.

I.. Uh..hmmmm, might try this.

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting

Stringbean posted:

I.. Uh..hmmmm, might try this.

loving blind leading the blind. I made it better in every way here. Don't get buttshot

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
What's with the random MPL? why not more heatsinks and just rock 4 MLs?

edit: vvvv I wouldn't call AC/10s of any type to be brawl guns. They shine in the midrange. Especially when 20s are only 2-3 tons heavier.

A.o.D. fucked around with this message at 12:57 on Jun 20, 2016

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Random Number posted:

loving blind leading the blind. I made it better in every way here. Don't get buttshot

Theres a few reasons i didnt put an XL in a brawler build you know.
Especially if you go with half armor on the arms.

^^^^
I on the other hand wouldnt call any type of LBX gun anything other than brawl range.

Yolomon Wayne fucked around with this message at 13:28 on Jun 20, 2016

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting
Catapults don't brawl my dude, they're standoff/long range support. They don't have the hitboxes to brawl.

Also lol that your build used 10 rear armor on the side torsos and 4 on the back ct. Real good "brawl" build.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Random Number posted:

Catapults don't brawl my dude, they're standoff/long range support. They don't have the hitboxes to brawl.

With the resize, they might be almost viable in a brawl. Very least, they're gonna be able to spread damage better.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Random Number posted:

Also lol that your build used 10 rear armor on the side torsos and 4 on the back ct. Real good "brawl" build.

Ermagerd, i didnt adjust the rear armor value from the build i took and changed, sky is falling!
Also, if you bothered to read the spoiler you might have gotten the idea that it wasnt supposed to be the one build to rule them all...

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting

Skoll posted:

With the resize, they might be almost viable in a brawl. Very least, they're gonna be able to spread damage better.

It's the size of a hunchback and it's all CT from the front and all side from the side, it doesn't have the armor to nose wiggle to spread damage like the stalker. There are worse options in a brawl, yes, but nobody is going to be pissing damage all over a catapult unless they're an idiot.

Also K2 arms go as low as possible on armor because they're sacrificial and tiny.

E: I read the spoiler, I was more commenting on the fact that for a garbage build, it was more garbage than necessary, and then stringbean is like "gonna run that build".

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Since its appearently a punishable offense running less-than-minmaxed-optimum builds, can you rate this more serious catapult build

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Not sure if i should risk shaving off leg armor to squeeze in another heatsink

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I'll brawl in a K2 just for shits and giggles. Gonna laugh if :pgi: fucks the hitboxes up so bad that they get Arctic Cheeter-itis.

Stringbean
Aug 6, 2010
To be fair, I run any build that looks retarded.

Sparq
Feb 10, 2014

If you're using an AC/20, you only need to hit the target once. If the target's still standing, you oughta be somewhere else anyway.
To be honest. brawling in my XL laservomit Jester always went fine. poo poo twists fast and far, always died with all torsos orange or red.

MicroCatapult is going to be great.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
I don't understand any of the changes but I am angry about all of them. I have become what I despise most, I have become the brown sea.

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting

Yolomon Wayne posted:

Since its appearently a punishable offense running less-than-minmaxed-optimum builds, can you rate this more serious catapult build

It's like you're not even trying to make it as bad as possible.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
CPLT-K2 Pro-Tier

For Crit-Seeking (c)

teepo
Oct 14, 2004

yospos
the jester is a great brawler

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

OB_Juan posted:

CPLT-K2 Pro-Tier

For Crit-Seeking (c)

Don't post our opsec builds

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
Oh man, the phoenix hawk is going to be so bad. Poorly quirked, enormous for a 45 tonner, arm focused gunmounts on a fully humanoid mech so it's going to have bad durability and firing points.

I feel sorry for people (like me) that bought it out of a misplaced sense of nostalgia.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

A.o.D. posted:

Oh man, the phoenix hawk is going to be so bad. Poorly quirked, enormous for a 45 tonner, arm focused gunmounts on a fully humanoid mech so it's going to have bad durability and firing points.

I feel sorry for people (like me) that bought it out of a misplaced sense of nostalgia.

really what they should have been going for was a slower, more powerful version of what the Firestarter used to be

instead it's like ... I don't even know what its role is

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Pattonesque posted:

really what they should have been going for was a slower, more powerful version of what the Firestarter used to be

instead it's like ... I don't even know what its role is

It's going to be a 20 ton heavier mist lynx with IS equipment.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

Great Beer posted:

Don't post our opsec builds

That's an ORIGINAL FIT DO NOT STEAL

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
The ONLY fit I can imagine for the phoenix hawk is 3 ER large lasers.

Because unless you're poking from extreme range that thing is going to be a deathtrap.

Poking with a mech literally head and shoulders taller than every other 45 tonner.

DancingShade fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Jun 20, 2016

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
Jesus loving Christ how has this game gone so long without ever getting good.

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Cease to Hope posted:

Jesus loving Christ how has this game gone so long without ever getting good.

:pgi: + :homebrew: from people with broken reality testing and lack of self control

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stringbean
Aug 6, 2010
Because despite the broken logic, strange and bizarre development cycle, etc. it's still a pretty fun game.

Until they implement Ghost Heat 2.0...

• Locked thread