Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE
The fifth guy in the fight is a Mon Cal Jedi with Jolee's kit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Crumbletron posted:

The fifth guy in the fight is a Mon Cal Jedi with Jolee's kit

I haven’t gotten that far yet and was really confused. Is there a Mon Cal Jedi in the prequels I missed?

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

thrawn527 posted:

I haven’t gotten that far yet and was really confused. Is there a Mon Cal Jedi in the prequels I missed?

There have been some from comics but the only one I'm aware of that had a name was the guy Kit Fisto trained in the CW TV show. He got merked by Grievous, lol

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Crumbletron posted:

There have been some from comics but the only one I'm aware of that had a name was the guy Kit Fisto trained in the CW TV show. He got merked by Grievous, lol

Right, yes, thank you. I remember him now.

DotyManX
Aug 9, 2004
Yeah I drive a minivan, big deal, wanna fight about it?
I was able to get 6* Padmé with zDooku Assaj B2 sun fac and genosian spy. Dooku Assaj were G12 everyone else g11. The calamari can’t Rez Padmé so I focused on her first, it was a matter of luck to work her down and keep her stunned before she can do her heal/prot up ability, if it lines up correctly spy’s special can take a decent chunk off of her as well. Then the calamari to prevent rezzing then Anakin and the others, it took quite a few tries and has no chance I think for the 7* but it’s what I had.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

I needed zzGG, zB2, and zzAV all at g12+ to beat the 7* tier, full arena mods and it still took me several dozen tries. I had to get Magnaguard and Poggle up to g10 just to make them viable for that fight.

That Mon Cal Jedi can go gently caress himself.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/bjxspk/b1_droideka_are_not_required_to_unlock_padm%C3%A9_at_7/

Word on the street is B2 is the Dengar of this event, GG and Asajj are also more or less required, then bring 2 randoms.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
sucks that I won't be able to gear/use my 6* amidala for ages, because I have to gear/zeta up my seppies just to have a chance in hell when her event returns in august.

G11 GG, G11 B2, G12 AV, G12 SF, G12 Dooku/Spy is what I'd be using, I just don't think burning the zeta on GGwill get me over the hump.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Oh yeah B2 at absolute max gear is the only way anyone is maxing Padme this time around.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.
FWIW, if you’re going to burn Zetas for this event:

B2 Unique = GG Unique >>>>>>>>>>>>>> GG Lead >>>>>>>>>>> anything else you might think to zeta.

B2’s unique means that if you’re lucky, the enemy squad gets maybe one free turn off the top and then your entire squad gets to go, which lets you stunlock and kill Padme ASAP before things get hairy (which you should do).

The GG Unique zeta lets him go turbomode late in the fight and spam his aoe as everyone dies around him, which is going to happen, no matter how decked out your seps are. That zeta lets you pull out the win before you inevitably lose with a bit of luck.

The rest range from marginal to useless, and you shouldn’t sweat them.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

Fwiw if you're still having trouble with Tier 5, I finished it with the following:

G12 zzAV: gave her some 6e mods and ran her with potency/tenacity/health sets, with a potency primary cross
G8 Sun Fac: random mods
G8 B2: potency and health. The Buff Immunity omega is worth it
G8 Poggle: I forgot to mod him
G11 Spy: cd/cc mods

What worked for me was getting B2 to dispel and apply a few BIs early on. Focus Padme and try to line it up so all your AV attacks land on her, preferably stunning every time. Poggle is there for Offense Up. Spy should be dispelling stacks on Padme or dispelling GK. Once Padme is down, focus Anakin. I had to kill him 3 times, hitting the healer when he died.

Once it's just the healer and GK, just take your time and hit whoever isn't foresighted, or heal+dispel if they are. GK alone isn't a threat so clean him up once the healer is dead.

Took me about 4-5 tries once I started using this setup. If Ani ever lands Heal Block on AV you're prob screwed.

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

I love that I have an erection...

...that doesn't involve homeless people.

*Edit. Never mind

MichiganCubbie fucked around with this message at 03:59 on May 12, 2019

Videm
Sep 6, 2010
Is there any room in any of the guilds? I added myself to the spreadsheet, assuming that's still in use.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

Videm posted:

Is there any room in any of the guilds? I added myself to the spreadsheet, assuming that's still in use.

There is a link in the spreadsheet for the discord, hop on there and we'll get you sorted.

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

Hey everyone, it's your friendly neighborhood MichiganCubbie! Just checking in on the thread to remind everyone that we have a Discord, and that's honestly where 99% of all discussions happen. Be sure to join up with the links in the Google Docs spreadsheets in the OP, and if you haven't already joined Qui-Goon Jin or Something Maulful, be sure to put your name on the recruitment boards! We're always looking for fresh blood to replace FishtoBaskets and Crumbletron, so you may be our only hope at finally getting rid of them!

Also, anyone in QGJ on here, be sure to join the Discord as well, because you're missing out on lots of memes and somewhat funny banter.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Werwaa, you still playin' this dumb game?

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

I can make all your dreams come true.
Every day. What did I miss?

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

WerrWaaa posted:

Every day. What did I miss?

Get onto discord and check your PMs or get a hold of Sheev or Chili.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

:munch: :suspense:

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy

Move along nothing to see here. (Unless you wanna see the Hockles nudes. DM me.)

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

If you're not in the Discord, you're missing out on the bot that was created to just post memes in my honor.

There's also great information about metas, synergy, and farming. But most importantly the memes.

Expired Vitamin
Jul 3, 2017

The Discord bot can measure your carb intake too! We also have a shiney new book chat.

Expired Vitamin fucked around with this message at 22:47 on May 23, 2019

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Shut up Hockles
:hockles:
Why is that not a thing
@chili
@sheev

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

I finally have all the OR and SR dudes at 7* so im ready for DR and am planning my preparation for Malak.

As far as i understand leaving T3M4 and Juhani below 17500 GP is the way to go, as these are the least useful heroes elsewhere in the game?

All the rest, with the exception of HK47 and Canderous, are already at 17500. I can easily get the remaining two to 17500 by putting a zeta on them, is that advisable or should i take them to G12? HK47 is used in the meta DR squad so i want him at G12 anyways but he probably also wants a zeta in that team?

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
HK is good to zeta. Canderous is probably better off g12ed. His zeta is of marginal use.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

And here I am with Padme at 100% but no chance at DR probably until two cycles from now. I hate this game*.

* that's okay, I'll keep playing this garbage

Expired Vitamin
Jul 3, 2017

Ineptitude posted:

As far as i understand leaving T3M4 and Juhani below 17500 GP is the way to go, as these are the least useful heroes elsewhere in the game?

All true, but T3 is specifically the worst for the event by miles. I've had moments where I have wished both of them more swole.

The HK Self Reconstruction zeta (mandatory imo) is WAY more useful than Loyalty to the Maker (meh).

Expired Vitamin fucked around with this message at 14:29 on Jun 4, 2019

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
you're gonna want G12 HK anyway, but you can get away with G11 w/zeta and G12 canderous.

do not zeta canderous.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Thanks chaps.

I have JKR so i don't need T3 for anything else ever again then i guess.

I really thought it was the opposite for HK47's zetas. Self Reconstructor looks like garbage while the other one looks good.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

The problem with the TM one is that

a) in the mirror, only Sith Trooper gains prot up when he AoEs. This really doesn't matter

b) against JKR, the big TM manipulation guy is Yoda. This won't stop his bonus turn from the AoE. Also, unless he already had protection up from another source, his buff spread ability actually grants him the TM before he hands out prot up. So it's very conditional at best, imo.

c) against Padmé, it doesn't do poo poo because she prevents her own team from benefitting from TM manipulation

It's not the worst zeta but it's not nearly that important.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
the TM manip one is straight up useless.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I dont mind having the TM zeta. :shrug: I feel like it is insurance against any number of divide and conquer tactics in TW/GA.

Chili is just bitter about zetas in general bc he zetaed gmy lead the week before bastila came out :roflolmao:

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

Am I correct in assuming that the Malak 17.5k requirement doesn't include mods?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

fishtobaskets posted:

I dont mind having the TM zeta. :shrug: I feel like it is insurance against any number of divide and conquer tactics in TW/GA.

Chili is just bitter about zetas in general bc he zetaed gmy lead the week before bastila came out :roflolmao:

It looked like that zeta was gonna pay off for like 2-3 weeks too, until they released Padme. Now it's loving trash again.

Expired Vitamin
Jul 3, 2017

Zachack posted:

Mods are included in that calculation. I stripped mods off of Mission at one point and could not load back into the event.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Zachack posted:

They just need to have 17500 GP, there is no other requirements (well 7* obviously)

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

fishtobaskets posted:

He's not the only one.

It was a good week tho.

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

Any space in a goon guild going? I’ve just hit 82 and getting really frustrated with my starter guild never getting enough people to do territory war.

Edit: will get on the discord!

lenoon fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Jun 4, 2019

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Zachack posted:

It includes mods, but mods are not going to provide enough GP to materially change the gear requirements.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
you're looking at G12 or G11 with a zeta. G12 alone might not be enough, and mods can help you out there.