Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Mailer posted:

I mean yeah, as much as I'm always boosting while traveling. Is this one of those lovely design things where you need to just sit in one area because it takes a long time to populate the instance? I guess that'd at least cut it down to doing one every 15 minutes or so, assuming other people are there. I've tried waiting full timers out and no one ever shows. Maybe Nessus/EDZ aren't hotbeds anymore?

What's happening is that the game is only looking for instances with players in them while you're in the zone exit area (the hallway/canyon/whatever where the area name fades in and changes to something else). Go through there too fast, it gives up and spawns you a new empty one. If you want to maximize your chance of finding people, go slowly through there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde
[quote="“Emron”" post="“476500673”"]
It limits the activities available to you to increase your power level, and therefore extends the content unless you grind it out.
[/quote]

I get that, but my understanding is that while the soft cap hits at 265, when you go past it a certain amount, it starts to creep up, but far enough behind that it presumably has no effect on your level at that point. I’m curious as to why it moves at all rather than staying at 265.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

Celery Jello posted:

I get that, but my understanding is that while the soft cap hits at 265, when you go past it a certain amount, it starts to creep up, but far enough behind that it presumably has no effect on your level at that point. I’m curious as to why it moves at all rather than staying at 265.

So infusing is easier.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Yes and yes

If you really wanna power level, turn in milestones one at a time and only turn in the next after all your blues and purps stop dropping higher because of your last one.

Ah OK. I'll do that over the next week. I'm kind of blown away that I hit the soft cap this easily so I will take this advice and farm up some poo poo since I am wearing a 280 hat and some other nice items already.

Doom Rooster
Sep 3, 2008

Pillbug

Celery Jello posted:

You can feed better gear to your alts the longer you play your main. Also makes for easy passable infusion fodder if you get pieces that you like, but are low power level (like the trials clan rewards that are level 10, etc...)

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Dorkroom Short Fiction Champion 2012

Young Orc

Funkmaster General posted:

Yep.

Gardens and Calus can both drop gear, but it isn't guaranteed, and I've never seen anyone claim to get gear from baths or gauntlet. You're expected to get most of your raid gear from tokens.

Once you beat it once, I guess you can just run a few encounters a week for tokens, though.

I got the raid pulse from baths.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

From a flawless card, I got:
- pulse
-sidearm
-auto rifle
-shotgun
-gloves
-bond
-emblem (both the flawless one and the regular trials wins tracking one)
-shitloads of shaders

Trials loving showers you in powerful gear, it seems like. I really like the new aesthetic, too.

Is the AR good? Just shooting it in the spire, it felt really stable.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

It's the 450 archetype which is nice right now so yes. It's got a little less range than the uriels but it's pretty stable and good if you don't have an uriels.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

BlindSite posted:

It's the 450 archetype which is nice right now so yes. It's got a little less range than the uriels but it's pretty stable and good if you don't have an uriels.

Cool. Is there any trials gun that is a standout? The guys I was grouped with were saying the shotgun was good.

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

Dollas posted:

i think i pulled a muscle clenching my butt when my 285 average pub group cleared the nightfall prestige with 2 seconds left

AMA

text me

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
I'm waiting for the game to install on my PS4.

Can I transfer my D1 character to D2? I have no idea what level or class it is, I forgot.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Thumbtacks posted:

Can I transfer my D1 character to D2? I have no idea what level or class it is, I forgot.

Yeah you can use your saved guys. You don't keep any stuff though.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

Thumbtacks posted:

Does it automatically but you should play through D1 before you start 2 if you want all the bonuses

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Darth Windu posted:

Does it automatically but you should play through D1 before you start 2 if you want all the bonuses

What are the bonuses? I did everything except for the last expansion and don't seem to have anything.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

You can potentially grind your light up to the value of your highest equipment if you farm enough exotic engrams (as infusion fodder), and if you did that would help you a lot. But the only things that drop above base light over 265 are powerful gear rewards and nightfall/raid rewards, which all drop at +5 your base light. The various exotic weapon quests drop at +5 too I believe.

So the best thing to do is to make sure all of your gear has a base light equal to or greater than random blues/purples that you pick up before you take your next powerful reward. You can usually squeeze 1 to 2 extra light out of your reward if you do that.

Rubellavator fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Sep 18, 2017

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Celery Jello posted:

If blues/purps didn't continue to drop at -5, it would make the powerful gear grind much more time consuming.

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down
Destiny item manager is working Destiny 2, I have ran into a few people who still think you need to change chars/ go to the tower....

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Rubellavator posted:

You can potentially grind your light up to the value of your highest equipment if you farm enough exotic engrams, and if you did that would help you a lot. But the only things that drop above base light over 265 are powerful gear rewards and nightfall/raid rewards, which all drop at +5 your base light. The various exotic weapon quests drop at +5 too I believe.

So the best thing to do is to make sure all of your gear has a base light equal to or greater than random blues/purples that you pick up before you take your next powerful reward. You can usually squeeze 1 to 2 extra light out of your reward if you do that.

This doesn't seem too arduous since I've got some 280 stuff and I get purple engram drops fairly frequently. It's also handy that Xur only wanted a bunch of shards I had in my inventory doing nothing.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Trials AR is legit better than Uriel's in every way except the little bit of range, which is basically irrelevant.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

JBP posted:

What are the bonuses? I did everything except for the last expansion and don't seem to have anything.

You get to choose two exotics to bring with you to D2

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Trials AR is legit better than Uriel's in every way except the little bit of range, which is basically irrelevant.

It doesn't have high caliber rounds

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Why? For me Prosecutor feels better than Uriel's but worse than The Number, and they all basically have identical stats. The highlighting scope is tops but other than that, they all seem so close that it would come down to aesthetics.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Darth Windu posted:

You get to choose two exotics to bring with you to D2

I didn't get t do that... Does this mean I could have kept Hawkmoon?

tqilamknbrd
Jun 6, 2009

your circumcision honestly disgusts me

JBP posted:

I didn't get t do that... Does this mean I could have kept Hawkmoon?

He's pulling your leg

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Yeah I figured so. Ah well, hopefully they slot the old hawkmoon and daft punk helmet back into the game later.

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down
With Hardlight and Mida being back I bet some OG destiny exotics get slowly tossed in with DLC/major patches, telesto would be loving sweet

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

I haven't been able to get more than one win in trials yet

Is there some strategy beyond every single person group up with midas?

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
We got Calus down to within a oval office hair of 33% health in a single phase. Top groups are going to be one-phasing that poo poo within a week or two.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Man I don't like that gear is now limited to what gamemode you do. I liked how Rahool would give you a hodge podge of equipment from Crucible to Vanguard to random rear end poo poo

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

the good fax machine posted:

We got Calus down to within a oval office hair of 33% health in a single phase. Top groups are going to be one-phasing that poo poo within a week or two.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QaZ9FLSFkt8

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

the good fax machine posted:

How many skulls did you get to do so? With how many people in there shooting the skulls?

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

haveblue posted:

What's happening is that the game is only looking for instances with players in them while you're in the zone exit area (the hallway/canyon/whatever where the area name fades in and changes to something else). Go through there too fast, it gives up and spawns you a new empty one. If you want to maximize your chance of finding people, go slowly through there.

Motherfucker... ok, thanks for that. I never thought the rules of jetbikes would be Gotta Go Slow, but here we are.

Celery Jello posted:

You're at base 265. You grind like mad and get enough lucky exotics to infuse into your legendaries. That bumps up the drop level slightly, letting you infuse the new drop level into your remaining gear, repeat indefinitely. If it capped at 265 you'd never have a reason to play again because everyone is 270 (base 265) a week in.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

Welp.. that was even 3 days ago.

Ultimate Mango posted:

How many skulls did you get to do so? With how many people in there shooting the skulls?

3 in, 3 out. I don't know for sure how many stacks, but we were averaging about 60-70. Burn down his shield most of the way and just leave it up as long as you can.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

I dunno in the current Mida clusterfuck that range and the highcal seems to make a bit of difference.

I havent used the prosecutor a whole bunch.

actionjackson posted:

I haven't been able to get more than one win in trials yet

Is there some strategy beyond every single person group up with midas?

We had one person sometimes two running a scout and me and another using auto rifles. We just out team shot them. You've got to run in a pack and rotate a lot.

We'd push the lower area every time we attacked because there's plenty of cover and went top and rotated round every time we defended.

Grenades and push or team shoot and rotate.

The good thing about this map and game mode is you either get the plant and camp it and call out where theyre pushing or when its planted you close the distance and throw grenades to weaken and then push.

We still lost some rounds to getting picked and stuff but most of the time anyone who's locked into mida isnt going to be good under pressure so handcannon and smg were strong with the push.

boz
Oct 16, 2005

JBP posted:

Yeah I figured so. Ah well, hopefully they slot the old hawkmoon and daft punk helmet back into the game later.

Good news for then, the daft punk Titan helmet is in.

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde

isk posted:

So infusing is easier.

Oh, is infusing more expensive the farther away the power level is?

[quote="“Mailer”" post="“476502501”"]
Motherfucker... ok, thanks for that. I never thought the rules of jetbikes would be Gotta Go Slow, but here we are.

You’re at base 265. You grind like mad and get enough lucky exotics to infuse into your legendaries. That bumps up the drop level slightly, letting you infuse the new drop level into your remaining gear, repeat indefinitely. If it capped at 265 you’d never have a reason to play again because everyone is 270 (base 265) a week in.
[/quote]

Aaaaaaah, I get it. It lets you slowly prop up the “low end” of your gear level since the items that pulled up your level only cover one or two slots.

Celery Jello fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Sep 18, 2017

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

High Cal Rounds

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Re: infusion and gear chat
Just remember you don't get credit for any more than one exotic so infuse your exotics into other poo poo to get higher overall.

buttchugging adderall
May 7, 2007

COME GET SOME
I just got a Sweet Business. I'm in love.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a witch
Jan 12, 2017

Classical Muzak posted:

I just got a Sweet Business. I'm in love.

I got one of these and it never clicked. It runs out of ammo so fast, even if you're getting kills.