Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
The Lawrence Arms are fine, average, whatever, I just live in metro Chicago and have seen them Enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The 311 Lifestyle
Feb 16, 2018

just trippin'
and laughin'
at the crap
respect your elders

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

The 311 Lifestyle posted:

respect your elders

Wow two of them actually are older than me, how terrifying

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Is the new Cursive good?

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Is the new Cursive good?

From last year? It’s decent.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
American Football last night loving ruled.

I had the predicted issue with getting my ticket at will-call since their list was emailed to the venue blank, eventually they just gave up and took a tally. Probably not their problem since they probably don't get a cut of the presale anyway.

Parachute
May 18, 2003
pup tore the roof off in [insert your city name here]

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006
Probably too old for all you youngins, but Jeremy Enigk live is one of my favorite things I've ever been a part of. Weird seeing a human you've been listening to for over twenty years right in front of you, talking to you about stupid nonsense. So friendly and normal and approachable which is insane considering how important he's been in my life. Would definitely recommend.

hatelull
Oct 29, 2004

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Is the new Cursive good?

It's got a few bangers, and they still bring a pretty great live show.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Listened to the new Bad Religion album last night and this morning. I am going to send Greg Griffin a brochure to a retirement home. But no seriously, I think these bands that have been playing since the 80s have created a new sub-genre of punk that I am going to call Old People Punk.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Bad Religion is a good band, they helped me get into punk as a young and misguided nu metal kid, but I can't imagine still eagerly listening to their new albums. At some point after the 50th album I feel like I've heard what they have to offer

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

I said come in! posted:

Listened to the new Bad Religion album last night and this morning. I am going to send Greg Griffin a brochure to a retirement home. But no seriously, I think these bands that have been playing since the 80s have created a new sub-genre of punk that I am going to call Old People Punk.

Dad Religion

The 311 Lifestyle
Feb 16, 2018

just trippin'
and laughin'
at the crap

I said come in! posted:

punk for graphic designers pushing 40 and wearing epitaph shirts is still called orgcore but that's not bad religion bad religion just sucks rear end

Moe_Rahn
Jun 1, 2006

I got a question
why they hatin' on me?
I ain't did nothin' to 'em
but count this money
and put my team on
got my whole clique stunnin'
boy wassup
yeeeeeaaaaaahhhh
I'm A Huge Fan Of Bad Religion

The 311 Lifestyle
Feb 16, 2018

just trippin'
and laughin'
at the crap

Moe_Rahn posted:

Sent from my iPhone

Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost

Moe_Rahn posted:

Hell, same

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Moe_Rahn posted:

Same

They like to post their set lists on social media and on the current tour they are playing “The Dichotomy” from Into the Unknown which is crazy. I guess I will have to listen to Into the Unknown for the first time...?

Edit:

Blackbelt Bobman fucked around with this message at 13:23 on May 16, 2019

Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Same

They like to post their set lists on social media and on the current tour they are playing “The Dichotomy” from Into the Unknown which is crazy. I guess I will have to listen to Into the Unknown for the first time...?

Edit:

Downfall does have a synth on it, so it's not all crazy...

then again it doesn't seem they're playing it, so :shrug:

hatelull
Oct 29, 2004

"Struck a Nerve" is a pretty solid track. Not sure I've heard that one in the times I've seen them live. You'd think they'd bust out "Don't Pray on Me" based on the head lines here in the states. Maybe they don't that when the US Dates start happening.

I wonder if that's the "Sloooooow" version of "Generator." I always dig that.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I distinctly remember a Bad Religion song with the lyrics 'like an ocean we can work it out', still not sure what that analogy means

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Phlegmish posted:

I distinctly remember a Bad Religion song with the lyrics 'like an ocean we can work it out', still not sure what that analogy means

https://genius.com/2841074

quote:

Brett explained that Infected is about an abusive obsessive relationship between a man and a woman. The line “I want to drill you like an ocean” is a metaphor for violating an unspoiled woman, or in other words making love to her in a violating fashion, like an oil rig “penetrates” the pristine sea. He said this is one of his favorite (because of its brevity) and simplest metaphors from a song.

ObsidianBeast
Jan 17, 2008

SKA SUCKS
Good Riddance announced a new album and put out a new song: https://fatwreck.com/blogs/news/new-good-riddance-album-song-pre-order

Direct link to the song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKq7WdyxoFg

I dig it

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Same

Edit:

When I saw them 7 or 8 years ago they played Billy Gnosis.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

hatelull posted:

"Struck a Nerve" is a pretty solid track. Not sure I've heard that one in the times I've seen them live. You'd think they'd bust out "Don't Pray on Me" based on the head lines here in the states. Maybe they don't that when the US Dates start happening.

I wonder if that's the "Sloooooow" version of "Generator." I always dig that.

I would be very excited if they played Don’t Pray on Me. When they did that Summer tour a few years ago with the Vandals, Pennywise & The Offspring they played Struck a Nerve and it was pretty good but the female backup vocals are one of the best parts of that song and their absence is definitely noticeable.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

I would be very excited if they played Don’t Pray on Me. When they did that Summer tour a few years ago with the Vandals, Pennywise & The Offspring they played Struck a Nerve and it was pretty good but the female backup vocals are one of the best parts of that song and their absence is definitely noticeable.

I 100% agree on the backups helping make the song, but I think Johnette Napolitano retired from music

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

Here's some cool newer poo poo. Features some dog barking and a "long" spoken word/instrumental freakout track all in 10 minutes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7Spu_YAYv8

angrygodofjebus
Aug 25, 2005

Drink it up and hunker down
The new alexisonfire loving rules

https://youtu.be/tOEoUPywz1k

Ibexaz
Jul 23, 2013

The faces he makes while posting are inexcusable! When he writes a post his face is like a troll double checking bones to see if there's any meat left! When I post I look like a peacock softly kissing a rose! Didn't his parents provide him with a posting mirror to practice forums faces growing up?
Caught Idles and Fontaines D.C in a 200 capacity basement this week, and man I'm still glowing over it. Tickets were sold out for months but a dude on their facebook page hit me up day-of with two extras, he travelled to Arizona from France with his wife just for this show. Think this show is one I'm gonna look back at fondly for years

Parachute
May 18, 2003
https://backslider.bandcamp.com/album/demo-2019

backslider put out a few songs from their new LP as a demo. they need to fix this so i can stream it from the app & also release the rest of the music asap.

FFO: fastcore motherfucker

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

The Riot Fest lineup is out

https://twitter.com/riotfest/status/1133750110389788675?s=21

Take all my money please

Edit: Sleater-Kinney also posted a new song and announced a tour today. Today owns.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Happy page 311 in memory of 311.

Count Chocula
Dec 25, 2011

WE HAVE TO CONTROL OUR ENVIRONMENT
IF YOU SEE ME POSTING OUTSIDE OF THE AUSPOL THREAD PLEASE TELL ME THAT I'M MISSED AND TO START POSTING AGAIN
Just moved to Melbourne. Saw Mickey Erg for free (awesome), Screaming Females for free (awesome but said Brian Fallon was a jerk and Patrick Stickles was bipolar and hard to deal with, which he’s open about. Saw The Hard Aches, who sound like Smith Street Band but not a horrible creep (i’ve had conversations about Wil Wagner at every gig, someone cried all night when he heard the news, it still hurts). Discovered Timeshares, who are amazing orgcore, tho I have a crush on one of their GF’s. Got up on stage with old mates Mesa Cosa, missed Amyl & the Sniffers....

Give me more Melbourne punk/orgcore, join me orgcore FB group.

Just discovered Can’t Swim, they’re great.

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

Count Chocula posted:

Just moved to Melbourne. Saw Mickey Erg for free (awesome), Screaming Females for free (awesome but said Brian Fallon was a jerk and Patrick Stickles was bipolar and hard to deal with, which he’s open about. Saw The Hard Aches, who sound like Smith Street Band but not a horrible creep (i’ve had conversations about Wil Wagner at every gig, someone cried all night when he heard the news, it still hurts). Discovered Timeshares, who are amazing orgcore, tho I have a crush on one of their GF’s. Got up on stage with old mates Mesa Cosa, missed Amyl & the Sniffers....

GO SEE CAMP COPE

Count Chocula
Dec 25, 2011

IF YOU SEE ME POSTING OUTSIDE OF THE AUSPOL THREAD PLEASE TELL ME THAT I'M MISSED AND TO START POSTING AGAIN
I need to know How To Socialize And Make Friends but all I got was a lyric that turned one of my favourite songs ever against the singer...well deserved, i’ve heard from everyone.

I saw them open for Against Me!

I was probably wearing my Smith Street Band shirt (now in the trash)

They were pretty good

I’ll probably see them again but it’s pretty expensive and people i’m avoiding will be there.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.

Count Chocula posted:

Hello fellow Melbourne goon, being a dad has killed my scene-ness. Went to see good old Propagandhi last week, Outright still rules a whole lot
https://outright-hc.bandcamp.com/

Queer Salutations
Aug 20, 2009

kind of a shitty wizard...

God the newest Camp Cope album is so good, made me excited about Emo again.

Parachute
May 18, 2003
this (local) band get me excited for emo again too

mockingbird brother

edit: what the hell here's some more local flavor

overo
the tie that binds
groundhog day
talking forever

Parachute fucked around with this message at 14:19 on May 30, 2019

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Queer Salutations posted:

God the newest Camp Cope album is so good, made me excited about Emo again.
yeah it rips

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i couldn't listen to the new camp cope for like a month after it was first released because it made me so angry/depressed, but i've listened to it so many times since then

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Count Chocula
Dec 25, 2011

2 new Titus Andronicus songs

Spotify release radar puts them above new Springsteen, which is where they belong.