Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

co199
Oct 28, 2009

I AM A LOUSY FUCKING COMPUTER JANITOR WHO DOES NOT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT CYBER COMPUTER HACKER SHIT.

PLEASE DO NOT LISTEN TO MY FUCKING AWFUL OPINIONS AS I HAVE NO FUCKING IDEA WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT.

Chinatown posted:

Already parking hard I see.

In my defense the dealership parked like that after they filled it up with gas; I just took the picture before I brought her home!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Chinatown posted:

Already parking hard I see.

Lol you dweeb.

Siochain
May 24, 2005

"can they get rid of any humans who are fans of shitheads like Kanye West, 50 Cent, or any other piece of crap "artist" who thinks they're all that?

And also get rid of anyone who has posted retarded shit on the internet."

My old truck died last year. Replaced it with a more fuel-efficient car for the wifes commute/carpool, and I was using her old SUV.
Old SUV needed a couple of grand into it this spring, so we traded it in for my new boat/trailer hauler and trail-taker.

So happy with it. 2011 Tundra Crewmax. Loads of room to haul people to the lake with, and ridiculous towing capacity (for our needs, but we needed more than most light pickups can handle).

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack

co199 posted:

Sorry about the cell phone picture, but I'm pretty excited about picking this up this morning:

Would be better if it was the green colour of the Hatchback reflected on the wing. A Pox on dull car colours! :bahgawd:

co199
Oct 28, 2009

I AM A LOUSY FUCKING COMPUTER JANITOR WHO DOES NOT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT CYBER COMPUTER HACKER SHIT.

PLEASE DO NOT LISTEN TO MY FUCKING AWFUL OPINIONS AS I HAVE NO FUCKING IDEA WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT.
Here are some less shiny, less "hard parking" photos. Still taken on a potato, though.

Nerolus
Mar 12, 2010

"He smells like roast chicken, looks like burnt meatloaf."

You Am I posted:

Those wheels suit your van perfectly!

Thanks! They were a 35 dollar find at a yard sale a few months ago. Plain old classic aluminum muscle car turbines. They even came with two good winter tires, which I needed. My old tires fit right on, perfect size. So all in all a new pair of wheels fitted on there only cost me 35 bux and some lugnuts. Made my day. They just need some primer filler and a new coat of paint. They need some center caps badly though.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

co199 posted:

Here are some less shiny, less "hard parking" photos. Still taken on a potato, though.

You should tell the dealer to polish the other half of the car, too.

Joking, of course I know its the angle. Cool car!

Holdbrooks
Jan 1, 2005

NEAI 2015
RIDE ETERNAL SHINY AND CHROME
ONWARD TO THE HALLS OF RUSTHALLA
I got a new thing in ATL a couple of days ago.

PleasusChrist
Oct 20, 2010

Holdbrooks posted:

I got a new thing in ATL a couple of days ago.

I need an option to "like" this. How long did it end up taking from ordering to picking it up?

IronCastKnight
Jul 27, 2013
I like how the neo Camaro has some serious badonkadonk going on. It really makes it stand out in traffic.

Holdbrooks
Jan 1, 2005

NEAI 2015

PleasusChrist posted:

I need an option to "like" this. How long did it end up taking from ordering to picking it up?

5 months to the day but I may have rushed them and skipped the powder coating. I may have jumped like a spot also since this was the only time I could have enough time off for the next 4 months to come and pick it up. The body work is still going to be made and shipped at some point.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

IronCastKnight posted:

I like how the neo Camaro has some serious badonkadonk going on. It really makes it stand out in traffic.

Camaros are like Nissan Cubes and Jukes; I don't like them, I'd never consider owning one, but I'm happy that they exist.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

PleasusChrist posted:

I need an option to make sure you understand how retarded this post is. Like a post button or something.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

DILLIGAF
Nov 16, 2003

I don't know, I find it hard to take hipster/non-hipster advice from someone with a Brony avatar!
I just bought this, but don't have enough hair on my head to grow a mullet. :confuoot:

I'll pick it up on Wednesday (needed a few things, service etc)

72 El Camino SS

Bed is already sprayed with Linex

Interior is pretty clean, though it could use a steering wheel cover.

BBC 402 (U code car)

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
The world needs more elcos like that. :swoon:

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

DILLIGAF posted:

I just bought this, but don't have enough hair on my head to grow a mullet.
Please, like that's ever stopped anyone before.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

You might have a decent factory wheel under that cover. If not, they used to sell a leather cover with foam padding that stitched up from the inside. Good luck with the cruck!

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

Oh man it has the U shifter too. Nice Elco

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
Holy balls that Elky rocks, I love the interior, hardly ever see those with buckets. Throttle-lever shifters own.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Warning: long gushing lovepost ahead.

I own it, and drive it, and can look at it and sit in it any time i feel, and yet every time i see it it stuns me. It's so alien, a god drat spaceship. It's the only thing out there than can look small on it's own, then park next to an f-150 and make it look like a ranger.

It won't fit in the average garage. it has a footprint 50% larger than a jeep liberty.(12600 square inches to 18500 square inches. With the average US parking spot being 8.5 feet by 19 feet, it fills up 79.5% of the average parking space with the doors shut, where the liberty only utilizes 54%. wingtip to wingtip with the doors open, is 15'8"

It's such a wonderful machine, parked or on the road.

I need to find a good photographer and get some glamor shots. My pictures even with my dedicated camera don't do it justice.

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

Someone took this driving back to the pits. I'm on the right, the one on the left is 1 of 50 in that color.

Comrade Flynn fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Jun 2, 2014

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

Double post poo poo.

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5
I have a new 'racing' machine.

My older 'racing' machine.

After 7 years of autoslalom, budget/space finally allowed a car that is legal for track days and time attack.

DILLIGAF
Nov 16, 2003

I don't know, I find it hard to take hipster/non-hipster advice from someone with a Brony avatar!

Powershift posted:

Warning: long gushing lovepost ahead.

Pimptastic! Any chance there are animal print seat covers? What powerplant does that Lincoln have?

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

Comrade Flynn posted:

Someone took this driving back to the pits. I'm on the right, the one on the left is 1 of 50 in that color.

One of 50 in "badger arse"?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

DILLIGAF posted:

Pimptastic! Any chance there are animal print seat covers? What powerplant does that Lincoln have?

stock ford 460 under the hood. no animal print, just 2 green arm chairs, and a green couch in the back.

afen
Sep 23, 2003

nemo saltat sobrius
I did a quick polish on the station wagon:

raseri
Jul 18, 2005
www.200sx.nu
My tracktoy is ready for some bashing! :)

Holdbrooks
Jan 1, 2005

NEAI 2015
Here is my $1500 Exocet donor.

I decided to polish the turd real quick to see what I'm working with, and got some pretty surprising results. I kind of feel bad that I am going to disassemble it and part out everything but the suspension and drivetrain.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Holdbrooks posted:

That was quite the buy.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Holdbrooks posted:

I decided to polish the turd real quick to see what I'm working with, and got some pretty surprising results. I kind of feel bad that I am going to disassemble it and part out everything but the suspension and drivetrain.

Look at it this way, that's a really clean shell for you to help recoup the purchase cost with, and you'll get at least 2 cars' worth of enjoyment by sacrificing this one (maybe more depending on how batshit insane the Exocet winds up; I forget, are you putting the LS from the truck into it?)

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Fucknag posted:

Look at it this way, that's a really clean shell for you to help recoup the purchase cost with, and you'll get at least 2 cars' worth of enjoyment by sacrificing this one (maybe more depending on how batshit insane the Exocet winds up; I forget, are you putting the LS from the truck into it?)

LS from the truck into the Excocet, then the Miata drivetrain into the truck. :q:

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Raluek posted:

LS from the truck into the Excocet, then the Miata drivetrain into the truck. :q:

Yeah I knew the second part (BP-powered Mazda? it's only natural), just wanted to double check on the LS-Exocet.

BTW: Holdbrooks, you're going to die.

E: Also, I still stand by the idea I posted years ago in your thread for mounting a turbo up on the exhaust tips and running the intercooler/piping down the roof and through the hood. Highly efficient charge cooling, large boost reservoir between shifts, and a built-in snorkel to boot for submerged operation.

Holdbrooks
Jan 1, 2005

NEAI 2015

Fucknag posted:

Yeah I knew the second part (BP-powered Mazda? it's only natural), just wanted to double check on the LS-Exocet.

BTW: Holdbrooks, you're going to die.

E: Also, I still stand by the idea I posted years ago in your thread for mounting a turbo up on the exhaust tips and running the intercooler/piping down the roof and through the hood. Highly efficient charge cooling, large boost reservoir between shifts, and a built-in snorkel to boot for submerged operation.

But the oiling would be terrible and omg laaaaaaggggg with a 1.6.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

...are you worrying about practicality on the Bosozoku truck of all things?

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

Das Volk posted:

One of 50 in "badger arse"?

It's a really dark purple. It looks cool in direct sunlight if that's your thing.

blk
Dec 19, 2009

Holdbrooks posted:

Is that front bumper cover dented or is it just shadowed? If it's not dented and relatively chip-free I'm interested in buying it from you.

Holdbrooks
Jan 1, 2005

NEAI 2015

blk posted:

Is that front bumper cover dented or is it just shadowed? If it's not dented and relatively chip-free I'm interested in buying it from you.

It is pushed in from the front plate bracket. I pulled it off the bumper and hope it will pop back out in the heat. It's still flexable so I think it might be ok.

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak
New to me 2011 auto i30.

Immaculate inside with a few stone chips and light scratching on the paint, but nothing a good polish wont hide.

Had it a week and things i've noticed/difference from driving a turbo sports car.

1. Holy poo poo I used to drive like a douche bag. It's actually quite refreshing driving a slower vehicle. No more rush and it's goddamn quiet.
2. Fuel bill just got slashed more than half. Not having to dump premium unleaded in a tank now saves around 15c a litre. It's using half the fuel compared to my Silvia.
3. Stock stereo cranks and i wont have to mess around with replacing speakers and wiring up an amp. Save that for a possible 2nd car if needed down the line.

I'm gonna be really sad to see the Silvia go, but i've had a good 10 years with it, if I want another in a few years time the prices will have hopefully bottomed out to about half of what i'm going to sell it for shortly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurch
Mar 5, 2010

by Lowtax
I took my ute up to Biloela from Ipswich, about 700k's :australia:
lovely phone with a lovely camera.

Seven Sisters from Ban-Ban Springs

Met a Bunyip in Mulgildie

Lurch fucked around with this message at 14:16 on Jun 8, 2014