Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was your favorite Titan from Titanfall 1?
gundam
megatron
that russian robot from pacific rim
goku
View Results

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
Your dad's in the Russian Mafia, that's the jumpoff!
Any pc goons looking to defend some frontiers? I tried out two rounds and holy poo poo this is the most fun thing. I'm also super thankful that you earn progression towards the normal multiplayer. Now i can level all the weapons in Frontier Defense and not feel like a scrub.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!
How bad is the G2 nerf?

At work so cannot check :(

Eldragon
Feb 22, 2003

Stupid question: Is there any reason to regen other thank unlocking skins? I've been sitting at level 50 and never bothered.

Wilko
Dec 3, 2013

:toot:

The Jumpoff posted:

Any pc goons looking to defend some frontiers? I tried out two rounds and holy poo poo this is the most fun thing. I'm also super thankful that you earn progression towards the normal multiplayer. Now i can level all the weapons in Frontier Defense and not feel like a scrub.

Also looking for PC goons, I'm HotdogBrigade on Origin. Do we have a discord or mumble where people usually are?

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Eldragon posted:

Stupid question: Is there any reason to regen other thank unlocking skins? I've been sitting at level 50 and never bothered.

Not really no but you're gonna be able to permanently buy everything with credits eventually anyways 🤷🏽‍♀️

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?
I would love to idle in a Titanfall related Goon Discord chat, both PC and Consoles, if we had one.

Eldragon posted:

Nothing really other than unlocking Banners and the Pilot Skins (Hot Pink is worth it though) and just enjoying seeing the numbers go up again. Regening is relatively painless in this game compared to a Call of Duty. If you have the credits you can permanently unlock weapons or perks (I only use like 2 sets) and you're good to go.

Wazzit fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Jul 25, 2017

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

unless it's PC people don't really bother opening the discord app and such

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

The Jumpoff posted:

Booted up the game for the first time in six months, first game of FD, and crushed 43 Titans as Scorch. :getin:

I can see the main problem being pubbies being too dumb to spend their money despite the giant banners mid-round saying BUY STUFF DUMBASS despite Sentry guns mowing down drones like crazy and pretty much making them a non-issue during waves.

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!

Wazzit posted:

I would love to idle in a Titanfall related Goon Discord chat, both PC and Consoles, if we had one.

Quite a few of us PS4 Titanfall players idle here now:
https://discordapp.com/invite/s3bu43s

It's mostly Destiny and general PS4 stuff but some nights we like tonight we actually plan out Titanfall parties and we'd love to have you if you want to kick our asses into gear to play more often!

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

Insane Totoro posted:

How bad is the G2 nerf?

At work so cannot check :(

It's barely noticeable. G2 is still awesome as heck and now it has the best skin in the game too.

If anyone wants to defend some frontiers on PC add me too: talk_show_ghost

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

the ps4 chat thread is still going fairly strong FYI if you want to be added
Is this a Discord thing?

Thinking about picking this back up if FD is as good as people hoped it would be.

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

Monarch is really fun in FD. It doesn't take long to get your upgrades and recharging teammate shields feels more useful than in other modes.

Also a great mode for grinding out weapon upgrades.

This game rules!

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Gunder posted:

Haven't been able to get into a single game (on pc) since the patch. Did they break it?

Sounds like they fixed it for everyone else

Seriously though law and order or some poo poo is being watched on the tv right now and I wish
I were stepping on people

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Frontier Defense loving owns.

That is all.

Wilko
Dec 3, 2013

:toot:
Frontier Defense is awesome, getting put into Homestead 6 times in a row is not.

e: 7 times

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

2nd time my game has crashed/error. Never happened before with TF2

Just did a restart so see if that helps any. Hope there's a hot fix

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

-edit nvm

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Jul 26, 2017

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

If you'd told me there were F_D maps other than Homestead and Rise, I would not believe you.

I think I've gotten Wargames twice....and I assume there are other maps as well?

EDIT:

Here's the list:

Homestead
Forwardbase Kodai
War Games
Rise
Blackwater Canal

I've had one game of "Kodai".

Never seen Blackwater.

Doesn't help that Rise isn't a fun F_D map.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

every single Frontier game ends with someone dropping out by Wave 3, loving poo poo

also people just don't loving get it and never go for the mortar enemies I swear to god

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.
It's weird that Titans don't have shields, they feel a lot more disposable now. Also the ability that makes people disappear for a little while is really stupid

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Wazzit posted:

Nothing really other than unlocking Banners and the Pilot Skins (Hot Pink is worth it though) and just enjoying seeing the numbers go up again. Regening is relatively painless in this game compared to a Call of Duty. If you have the credits you can permanently unlock weapons or perks (I only use like 2 sets) and you're good to go.

Insane Totoro posted:

Quite a few of us PS4 Titanfall players idle here now:
https://discordapp.com/invite/s3bu43s

It's mostly Destiny and general PS4 stuff but some nights we like tonight we actually plan out Titanfall parties and we'd love to have you if you want to kick our asses into gear to play more often!

It seems like the two linked in the OP are mostly general gaming as opposed to Titanfall related. I could pretty easily make some room in the mwo discord for Titanfall stuff for PC/Consoles if there's a need.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Frontier defense is soooo fun. I had almost a full clan group though so that probably played into it. Not sure how much I'd like it soloing.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Snuffman posted:

If you'd told me there were F_D maps other than Homestead and Rise, I would not believe you.

I think I've gotten Wargames twice....and I assume there are other maps as well?

EDIT:

Here's the list:

Homestead
Forwardbase Kodai
War Games
Rise
Blackwater Canal

I've had one game of "Kodai".

Never seen Blackwater.

Doesn't help that Rise isn't a fun F_D map.

I've gotten literally nothing but wargames

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Jamwad Hilder posted:

Frontier defense is soooo fun. I had almost a full clan group though so that probably played into it. Not sure how much I'd like it soloing.

I did three or four drops with randos tonight and had a great time. It was on easy, but everyone was pretty competent. Easy way to be a hero in FD is give other people batteries if they're too dumb to buy their own lol. Also, bring Legion. Gundaddy owns frontier defense.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:
I've gotten Wargames, Kodai, Rise and Blackwater (so all of them except Homestead) so far and I have to say I think Wargames is the best map for this so far, followed by Blackwater, then Kodai and Rise. I really like how Wargames and Blackwater both generally encourage you to jump in and out of your titan and do stuff on foot through the use of well placed mortar spectres, enough soft targets for you to shoot and map layout meaning you might be able to get certain places faster by wallrunning (especially on Blackwater). Whereas Kodai and Rise you pretty much just sit there and hold M1 as Legion. Mind you I've only done Easy and Regular so far so that might change on the harder difficulties.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I don't know what it's like on the other maps but it was annoying the hell out of me the way the grunts pile into buildings on wargames and I couldn't find what floor they were on.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Insert name here posted:

I've gotten Wargames, Kodai, Rise and Blackwater (so all of them except Homestead) so far and I have to say I think Wargames is the best map for this so far, followed by Blackwater, then Kodai and Rise. I really like how Wargames and Blackwater both generally encourage you to jump in and out of your titan and do stuff on foot through the use of well placed mortar spectres, enough soft targets for you to shoot and map layout meaning you might be able to get certain places faster by wallrunning (especially on Blackwater). Whereas Kodai and Rise you pretty much just sit there and hold M1 as Legion. Mind you I've only done Easy and Regular so far so that might change on the harder difficulties.

Blackwater definitely felt best among the three I've gotten. Kodai and Rise just turned into titan town by being flat with clear paths. The smoke screens on Kodai are a good addition, though.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
new mode owns bones, holy hell levelling titans is on overdrive now.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Yeah my biggest complaint is no one goes after the loving mortar titans but I'm having lots of fun.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

Beet Wagon posted:

I did three or four drops with randos tonight and had a great time. It was on easy, but everyone was pretty competent. Easy way to be a hero in FD is give other people batteries if they're too dumb to buy their own lol. Also, bring Legion. Gundaddy owns frontier defense.

I found monarch to be the best because you just never die and you'll hit max cores real fast. If you want you can even heal your team.

Eldragon
Feb 22, 2003

Frontier Defense owns, and lets me feel like I accomplish something rather than getting owned repeatedly in PVP.

Also, the Northstar is surprisingly effective at FD. Install threat optics, then chill by the harvester and start sniping. Had a round where I did just short of 300,000 damage with it (I only know this because there was some kind of end of match badge that told me)

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
North Star is even better if you pick Piercing Shot because the enemy titans basically all single file walk. you can set up like 5 titan shots that can hit multiple weaknesses with it. In addition, tether traps (which you can have infinite of) and clusters are just super good utility.

That being said, basically all the titans are good in FD.

Gunder
May 22, 2003

I've noticed that, occasionally, Monarch's health bar won't increase in size horizontally when you upgrade to superior chassis. I hope this is just a UI bug and not the ability itself failing to apply on your third upgrade.

Eldragon
Feb 22, 2003

OneDeadman posted:

North Star is even better if you pick Piercing Shot because the enemy titans basically all single file walk. you can set up like 5 titan shots that can hit multiple weaknesses with it. In addition, tether traps (which you can have infinite of) and clusters are just super good utility.

That being said, basically all the titans are good in FD.

Yeah, I tried piercing shot too, which is also really good. Especially on Rise. But I liked threat optics better because many times the enemy is obscured by smoke. Its kind of a shame I can't configure titan slots like I can pilot slots. Then I'd have a different slot dedicated to each map.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?
Ended up enjoying FD a lot more than I thought I would. It was a nice distraction in the first game but this feels a lot more polished and I like the addition of the store in-between rounds along with team money contributions. Also Monarch is an absolute beast in FD, maybe a little to OP. The few games I played I was a always at around half health and never lost a Titan due to the abundance of Titans roaming around and Battery Thief.

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
Tonight I want to try out using the shield restore ability on Monarch to keep friendly Titans in the game longer!

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I found Tone underwhelming in FD. The weapon is great against titans but little enemies annoy me a lot. That doesn't happen as Scorch because :flame:

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?
Next time I play I'm probably gonna switch off of Monarch because she can just answer so many things I kinda always end up overextending myself just cause I see an issue and keep telling myself "Oh, I can take care of this problem" and overwhelm myself in running all over. But thats me and my dumbshit brain.

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
Does the Tone sonar ping work through smoke?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kinkouin
Nov 7, 2014
Is there a discord listed on discordgoons.com for Titanfall Goons? The OP just lists some random ones.