Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Acacia REI
Oct 8, 2016

Gortarius posted:

The only time anyone on this show came even close to taking a poo poo was one of those claimer guys sitting on a toilet, and then Rick strangled him. Or stabbed him, I forget.

I didn't personally watch S4b of FTWD but I heard there was a scene featuring Morgan on a toilet taking a dump.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Why oceanside would still be all women 8(?) years later? No one knows!

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Shneak posted:

This finale had a whole rear end Henry subplot. Why??

They need a character to insert into Carl’s role in the comic storylines so they’re hoping they can make the audience give a crap about Henry.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Khablam posted:

Because they are the Women Planet, duh.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

I will return to this show and watch every remaining episode until it sees the blessed peace of cancellation if they (Comic spoilers) have Rick and Maggies heads inexplicably as part of the line up on the Whisperers border which everyone knows is how the season will end.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

They do that and I will forgive them for everything.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Khablam posted:

They finally went full Isle of Lesbos

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Khablam posted:

But there's like four or five hours, on foot, of broken Earth between them. Who could possibly venture that far??

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
In TWD, Georgia is the size of Texas

Jay_Zombie
Apr 20, 2007

We're sealing the tunnel!

Blazing Ownager posted:

But there's like four or five hours, on foot, of broken Earth between them. Who could possibly venture that far??

Horny teenagers.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe
Rick had rebar go right through him and lived. Jesus died from one little knife cut in the same location.
FTWD had the exact same.scenario as Henry getting mad when Alicia met some new kids and for fun they kept a zombie head. She got upset and had same reaction as Henry.
Either the laziest writing and/or they think viewers have no memory
Edit: and smearing zombie on oneself is
A. A good tactic to be unnoticed
B. A dangerous tactic because it will cause disease through infection
C. A good tactic for the whisperers

Make up your mind TWD!

Binary Logic fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Nov 28, 2018

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Binary Logic posted:

Rick had rebar go right through him and lived. Jesus died from one little knife cut in the same location.

To be fair, Jesus got stabbed with a machete that entered his lower back and visibly exited in the front of his chest so it probably went through some/most organs.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
So are all guns gone now? I'm not quite sure why no one had a gun for the Eugene rescue mission

Would have owned if they just pegged all the whisperers as they ran up

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Remember when the wolves had perfect control of zombies using techno beats

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

moist turtleneck posted:

So are all guns gone now? I'm not quite sure why no one had a gun for the Eugene rescue mission

Uh they knew a herd was in the area. Do you watch this show?

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

A herd that had shown it ignored sounds, too.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

moist turtleneck posted:

I didn't really think about it in the comics, but seeing the herd/Whisperers onscreen made me think:
Have the heroes scavenged any machine guns over the past 6+ years? If you see the Whisperers leading a herd like the one we saw milling around in a circle, just mow them the gently caress down. They don't use guns and they have to hope you don't hit them when they're right next to a zombie. In fact, they're weaker than zombies because you can take them down with a shot anywhere on their body instead of just the head. Plus, if they get shot, they'll probably shout or whimper, which will make the zombies realize they're human.

They just didn't seem all that threatening compared to human factions with guns.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

JazzFlight posted:

I didn't really think about it in the comics, but seeing the herd/Whisperers onscreen made me think:
Have the heroes scavenged any machine guns over the past 6+ years? If you see the Whisperers leading a herd like the one we saw milling around in a circle, just mow them the gently caress down. They don't use guns and they have to hope you don't hit them when they're right next to a zombie. In fact, they're weaker than zombies because you can take them down with a shot anywhere on their body instead of just the head. Plus, if they get shot, they'll probably shout or whimper, which will make the zombies realize they're human.

They just didn't seem all that threatening compared to human factions with guns.

Right? A mounted .50cal would have made mincemeat of that circleherd in seconds. You don't even have to hit them: at that size the rounds will take your arm off just passing you by, and that's before 7 years of rot...

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Khablam posted:

A herd that had shown it ignored sounds, too.

I mean in fairness, that discovery came pretty quickly before they were overrun.

Like there's plenty of poo poo to nitpick about this show, but I'm not sure that "protagonists suffer from fog of war" is one of them

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

To be fair, Jesus got stabbed with a machete that entered his lower back and visibly exited in the front of his chest so it probably went through some/most organs.

If only someone had a stick of dynamite nearby, he might have lived!

This show is maddening because once again the episode did have good scenes and elements but also some nonsensical stuff.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Holywoodreporter just put out an interview with him. How he felt about his character is how I feel about the show. They have so much fun and cool poo poo in the comics to mine and use and they squander every single loving opportunity.
Thanks for posting this.
Wow what a waste of a character and actor. Jesus (Tom Payne) should join Legends of Tomorrow, have a few laughs and show off more martial arts moves.
And Josh Wigler is freakishly prolific.

moist turtleneck posted:

Did they find a warehouse full of D cells

They should have used lanterns, it'd be way spookier

8 years into the apocalypse and Darryl has a pocketful of firecrackers he never thought of using before.
And he should call the dog Stew.
:discourse:

Binary Logic fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Nov 29, 2018

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

JazzFlight posted:

if the dog had a gun this would never have happened

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
A rescue mission outside their proposed zones where raiders still lurk lol yep that sure is a dumb reason to not bring anything extra just in case

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
So how is there still zombies 8 years into the apocalypse?

Specifically in the same neck of the woods where they've been holed up all this time.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

precision posted:

In TWD, Georgia is the size of Texas

It's hard to tell given they still film everything on the same section of country road outside Atlanta, but this is all taking place near Washington DC.

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Gortarius posted:

So how is there still zombies 8 years into the apocalypse?

Specifically in the same neck of the woods where they've been holed up all this time.

The US has 325 million people and judging by the state of the cities we've seen on TWD and Fear, I'd assume most of them are now undead

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Senor Tron posted:

It's hard to tell given they still film everything on the same section of country road outside Atlanta, but this is all taking place near Washington DC.

One of the initial joys of watching FTWD was seeing locations that weren’t just backwater woods. TWD has an awful setting because every area of the south (outside of the Louisiana swamps and the Florida coast) looks exactly the same. Nine loving seasons set in the first 8 hours of that road trip where you’re not sure if you’re still in Alabama or not. They can’t even be bothered to show different seasons, it’s always “vaguely late summer/early autumn”.

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.

FTWD was at it's best when it was doing it's own world building at the US/Mexico border and really taking advantage of the scenery

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro
FTWD: We want to make a new show that focuses on the stuff skipped by TWD!

Also FTWD: We are about 10 episodes in, time for a TIME JUMP so this show lines up with TWD!! :downsgun:

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
lines it up with TWD

decides not to come back to DC

fist4jesus
Nov 24, 2002

Binary Logic posted:

8 years into the apocalypse and Darryl has a pocketful of firecrackers he never thought of using before.
And he should call the dog Stew.
:discourse:

Could have looted them from some shop in china town. Problem is though that they go stale like all fireworks. Like fuel too actually.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

moist turtleneck posted:

lines it up with TWD

decides not to come back to DC

in hindsight, Morgan's fakeout "hey let's go to Alexandria!" in Fear was kind of funny

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

JossiRossi posted:

FTWD was at it's best when it was doing it's own world building at the US/Mexico border and really taking advantage of the scenery

I really dug the big open fields near the ranch and miles of desert.

I also dug the characters that are all dead and Alicia is a pod person that acts nothing like old Alicia.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

fist4jesus posted:

Could have looted them from some shop in china town. Problem is though that they go stale like all fireworks. Like fuel too actually.

Now I wish there was an episode set in an old abandoned Chinatown.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
The writers are gonna have to pull some real poo poo to make the Whisperers a credible threat. Guns beat Halloween masks

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!
So do armored horses. I've been wondering why blacksmiths are such a big deal on this show, it's not like there are thousands of empty hardware stores and suburban garages they could be scavenging through for almost anything they need. Seems like they need farriers more than anything else...

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro

brocked posted:

So do armored horses. I've been wondering why blacksmiths are such a big deal on this show, it's not like there are thousands of empty hardware stores and suburban garages they could be scavenging through for almost anything they need. Seems like they need farriers more than anything else...

It's just dumb and lazy. At least Revolution had twenty years pass for this sort of thing to happen.

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

https://youtu.be/6ZqMb4ttaT8

Narzack
Sep 15, 2008
Holy gently caress, that's dumb. Of all games, why did the pick the one that he least belongs in?

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

I can’t believe this is an official thing that’ll be sold for money, and not some weird fan mod.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I can’t believe this is an official thing that’ll be sold for money, and not some weird fan mod.
Isn't Noctis also DLC for this? So, you can have Negan smash the guy from Final Fantasy XV over the head with Lucille. What a time to be alive.