Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Tae posted:

According to a lot of people, the game's a slow build-up and when it starts running, it runs FAST.

So Matt just posted the LP equivalent of "whew, I think the crazy murderer gave up, let's have sex now since we're both horny teenagers"?

(I still haven't watched the LP and somehow I avoided mostly everything about this game, so this should be fun. No PS4 here so I'll be living vicariously thru you)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

TheRealestMatt posted:

Spoilers

We played two hours, and zero so far. Well, not counting the first 10 mins which can't be avoided.

I'm good at video games.

When it happens, ho boy.

Tae posted:

According to a lot of people, the game's a slow build-up and when it starts running, it runs FAST.

Yeah, this.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Matt, How painful is being forced to play games that aren't mgsv for the channel going to be next week?

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I'm getting Jennifer Lawrence vibes off the main character (?), not Buffy or Heroes cheerleader girl.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

WHENS LEESA

doos
Jan 1, 2015

TheRealestMatt posted:

Spoilers

We played two hours, and zero so far. Well, not counting the first 10 mins which can't be avoided.

I'm good at video games.

If the trick to keeping everyone alive is to lay into horror tropes, Until Dawn is beyond brilliant.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

TheRealestMatt posted:

I'm good at video games.

The game will remember this.

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014

The Boss. The CEO. The J-Cup Lover.

Stairmaster posted:

Matt, How painful is being forced to play games that aren't mgsv for the channel going to be next week?

Um. Not at all. I love Until Dawn. And I'd really don't want to do a full LP of a Metal Gear game the first time through. I want to take all my time to do everything.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
doing an lp of an open world game seems real taxing

the idea of watching an lp of an open world game seems real taxing

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

TheRealestMatt posted:

Spoilers

I'm good at video games.

so far

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

I wasn't asking about an lp(though it would be nice if you put let's watch mgs4 back on the site).

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

TheRealestMatt posted:

I'm good at video games.

Way to just jinx yourself there, Tex. :)

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Liam's favorite series, Senran Kagura, announced they sold 1 million copies....between like 7 games. Why would you brag about that.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Tae posted:

Liam's favorite series, Senran Kagura, announced they sold 1 million copies....between like 7 games. Why would you brag about that.

Well, it's not like you need a big budget for those.

Andrast fucked around with this message at 09:49 on Aug 27, 2015

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
It's a pretty niche series, isn't it? About 150k sales per game wouldn't be too bad, I don't think. Plus I bet they get a lot more sales for merch and stuff than the games themselves. Just a guess, anyways.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Tae posted:

5 games, so around 200K for each if you don't look up the numbers, which is very very reasonable for their budgets. Someone calculated the actual numbers though, it's around 550K in Japan and 450K in the rest of the world(and that's for only 3 games for the latter).
Also milestones are important for marketing and announcements.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

I feel this should appeal to the Best Friends love of both JoJo's and TTGL.

Shoko Nakagawa (the woman who sung the opening song of TTGL) posted this.

I feel the Best Friends can identify with her in this regard.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

She also broke her tailbone while doing a jojo pose last year.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-10-25/shokotan-breaks-bone-making-jojo-bizarre-adventure-pose-but-continues-tour/.80336

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Please don't eat Jojo.

Also
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1k4iMFPh7Q
I'm gonna admit I don't know who this is. Pat likes grapplers though so it seems up his alley.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Dias posted:

I'm calling bullshit on Siliconera because of R.Mika (who Ken Bogard, which has been more reliable, said isn't in the game) and Karin (the whole we-don't-know-maybe-it's-not-true-but-license-bullshit deal).

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

HGH posted:

I'm gonna admit I don't know who this is. Pat likes grapplers though so it seems up his alley.
Rainbow Mika's from Street Fighter Alpha 3. Looks like an interesting character, especially if she uses tag-team attacks.

That is a Very Pro embed thumbnail for that video as well

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
EDIT: Ah, I've never played the Alpha games since I'm more casual about following SF. Thanks.
Ono seems pretty happy about it.
Also here's some info on PSN.

quote:

V-Skill: Mic Performance
R. Mika pulls out her trusty microphone and gives a heart-pumping monologue to the crowd. The longer the buttons are held down, the more powerful her normal and special throws become!
During her monologue state, she is able to absorb one hit from the opponent and can also cancel the speech at any time by letting go of the buttons, causing her to fling the mic at the opponent.
Given that we are near the end of Rustlemania I'm sad there's not more games where you can cut a promo midmatch.
I don't think there's ever been assists in SF, has there?

quote:

V-Trigger: Nadeshiko (3 Variations)
Now this is wrestling! Depending on the direction held during the V-Trigger activation, R. Mika’s faithful tag-team partner will deliver a surprising, high flying attack at the opponent from different angles: neutral (body splash from above), hold back (dropkick from the front), hold forward (dropkick from behind).
The different variations keep opponents guessing and afraid to hit buttons, perfectly setting up R. Mika’s damaging command throws.

HGH fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Aug 27, 2015

pulp rag
Feb 25, 2013

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
Double Peach Bomb? I can think of many worse ways to get my rear end handed to me in a fighting tournament.

loving super glad R. Mika's gonna be in. Fighting games need more pro wrestlers in them! I can't get all my hype from just Beowulf and El Feurte.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
R. Mika is super cool because she's basically Lady Billy Gunn.

Ailumao
Nov 4, 2004

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

She also interviewed Araki once in her homemade Jotaro outfit and basically just fangirls out the whole time and can't get any questions out cause she's so starstruck by Araki.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SPFbQq-jNg

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I'm just glad there's someone keeping the stone cold stunner alive.

pulp rag posted:

loving super glad R. Mika's gonna be in. Fighting games need more pro wrestlers in them! I can't get all my hype from just Beowulf and El Feurte.

Come to think of it that first mechanic I mentioned sounds a lot like Beowulf's hype mechanic.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

HGH posted:

Who's her tag team partner supposed to be?

I don't play the Street Fighter games but I can swear I've heard about Rainbow Mika before. Which is weird if she was just a one off character from the Playstation game.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

She's been in like 4 games, including the Alpha series which was a major Street Fighter iteration.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

RareAcumen posted:

Who's her tag team partner supposed to be?
According to Capcom, it's a character called Nadeshiko who was previously basically an extra in one piece of promo art.

Because if Capcom don't dig ridiculously deep into the most obscure chunks of their past once every week they will literally die.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Tae posted:

She's been in like 4 games, including the Alpha series which was a major Street Fighter iteration.

Someone only mentioned Street Fighter Alpha so I thought that was the only game she was in.

The Kins posted:

According to Capcom, it's a character called Nadeshiko who was previously basically an extra in one piece of promo art.

Because if Capcom don't dig ridiculously deep into the most obscure chunks of their past once every week they will literally die.

Hey, that's pretty cool.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZdtsLv4IqA

UNRUSTLED

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZqAOiUZ3xY

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Well I'm sold.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

There should be a special version of the stunner were she offers the opponent some beer and then.

And one more stunner gif because I love them.

Also, since this game is probably going to have a lot of DLC costumes, I hope one of them is Heel Mika. Or maybe Bullet Club Mika.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Right? To be fair, I came to learn that that was a misunderstanding/mistranslation of what the guy said. Not that it matters now, because mblergh Mika.

Floor is lava
May 14, 2007

Fallen Rib
Weird how much Until Dawn looks and plays like Shattered Memories.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Dias posted:

Right? To be fair, I came to learn that that was a misunderstanding/mistranslation of what the guy said. Not that it matters now, because mblergh Mika.

Wait, does this mean that maybe that leak might actually true? Because Mika, Karin, Urien and Alex are literally my top 4 Streety fights characters and having them all in 5 basically makes it the best.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Wait, does this mean that maybe that leak might actually true? Because Mika, Karin, Urien and Alex are literally my top 4 Streety fights characters and having them all in 5 basically makes it the best.

As I mentioned way back, Siliconnera was the only site that outright said there's going to be a FF7 remake at E3, and was the only site to even mention R. Mika and Karin months ago as SF5 leaks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
It might be true or partially true. If they get Urien I'm okay with it (ps make urien motion), everyone else is bleh a2 was the one with the good characters. I'm still not very sure about it, tho. Only one new character doesn't sound right to me, not even SF4 - a supposed throwback - had so few original fighters. I guess we'll see whenever the next big game thing comes around. What is the next big game thing again?