Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The new trailer is up https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bj1RC4WWUgA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Interesting. Trailer reveals Poison Ivy and Robin as playable characters if I'm not mistaken.

Brings the cast up to Superman, Batman, Supergirl, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Flash, Harley Quinn, Deadshot, Blue Beetle, Atrocitus, Darkseid, Poison Ivy, and Robin if I'm not missing anyone.

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

Cythereal posted:

Interesting. Trailer reveals Poison Ivy and Robin as playable characters if I'm not mistaken.

Brings the cast up to Superman, Batman, Supergirl, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Flash, Harley Quinn, Deadshot, Blue Beetle, Atrocitus, Darkseid, Poison Ivy, and Robin if I'm not missing anyone.

Reverse Flash, John Stewart and Power Girl are in as alternate skins will full VO changes etc for Flash, GL (who hasn't even been confirmed yet??) and Supergirl apparently. You forgot Gorilla Grodd, Bane and (likely) Brainiac. I'm sure I probably forgot folks too.

Regardless, I'm kinda excited for Power Girl, hope her lines are funny.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Dj Meow Mix posted:

Reverse Flash, John Stewart and Power Girl are in as alternate skins will full VO changes etc for Flash, GL (who hasn't even been confirmed yet??) and Supergirl apparently. You forgot Gorilla Grodd, Bane and (likely) Brainiac. I'm sure I probably forgot folks too.

Ah, whoops, forgot Bane despite him being in the trailer and completely forgot about Grodd.

Green Lantern hasn't been officially revealed yet, and I'll be shocked if Green Arrow and Joker aren't in. I'd also heard Captain Cold will be in but not from any official source.

KOMI
Sep 21, 2005
I mained Ares from the first Injustice and thought he was fun to play. Haven't seen or heard a single scrap about him so far for I2, but I read he's in the new Wonder Woman movie this year so odds are they won't leave him out? Wishful thinking I suppose..

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Am I a bad for being more hyped then anything for the DC movie costumes being in the game? Especially the ones from the last year. Like the last few DC movies have been god awful, but they've all had some pretty badass costumes.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

pretty sure that's Braniac at the end of the trailer coming online in his robot body. If Darkseid isnt the Big Bad, it's gotta be him.

9 DLC characters + alt skins is p. cool. Much like MKX I'll gladly buy the season pass preorder, these games are always stocked to the loving teeth already and are always fun. Even without DLC this is probably gonna be a 35+ character roster.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
Man I'm gonna be so sad if Solomon Grundy doesn't show up.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Bumper Stickup posted:

This list leaked a couple of months ago and based on the trailer, is 90% real

quote:

joker
bane
poison ivy
swamp thing
black canary
catwoman
cyborg
green lantern (hal)
green lantern (john)
cheetah (i don't know why either)
firestorm
flash
scarecrow
green arrow
captain cold
brainiac
damian
black adam
doctor fate
peegee
zoom
victor fries

We can safely assume that Freeze and Cheetah will be alternate costumes for Cold and Catwoman just like John, PG and Zoom are alternates for Supergirl, Flash and Hal.

:sigh: Very disappointed with this roster so I'll wait for the inevitable Complete edition if I decide to pick the game.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Bane is in so I'm pretty much already set to be honest :v:

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

Yardbomb posted:

Bane is in so I'm pretty much already set to be honest :v:

Same. Hopefully they let him be as good as he was by the end of Injustice 1's patch life cycle. Judging from how they released Jason though I kind of doubt it.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

Gavok posted:

The Year Five Annual, which was recently released, does shed a little light on Injustice 2's storyline. Apparently, New Genesis invaded and possibly conquered Apokalips shortly before the first game.

That's fairly astounding and really, really huge. Sure, Darkseid wanted the Anti-Life Equation, but that's mostly because New Genesis and Apokalips were utterly evenly matched, and neither could defeat each other. It was too wasteful to continue. So the question then becomes; How did New Genesis get the strength and will to pull that off?

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Bumper Stickup posted:

Him quoting his poem while taking his opponent through a series of grabs was what sold me on the first Injustice.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
That roster is really not selling me on the game. Joker and scarecrow are the only two I could potentially see myself playing.

Sucks cause I really enjoyed the first game.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
Unfortunately I gotta wait for the GOTY version of all Netherrealms fighting games. Their DLC schemes are crazy. See you guys next year. :(

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Bumper Stickup posted:

That roster is really not selling me on the game. Joker and scarecrow are the only two I could potentially see myself playing.

Sucks cause I really enjoyed the first game.

the roster is almost exactly like the first game but kicks out ares, grundy, deathstroke, and luthor for other dudes, what is even the problem if you liked the first game? Booting out fillers like Hawkgirl and killer frost for dr. fate. swamp thing, supergirl, and mr. freeze sounds like a net win.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
Also no Zod...hmmmph

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

MinibarMatchman posted:

the roster is almost exactly like the first game but kicks out ares, grundy, deathstroke, and luthor for other dudes, what is even the problem if you liked the first game? Booting out fillers like Hawkgirl and killer frost for dr. fate. swamp thing, supergirl, and mr. freeze sounds like a net win.

Not having luthor, shazam, grundy, doomsday, or deathstroke isn't selling me as they were the ones that sold me on the first game.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I'll miss Doomsday and Sinestro but on the other hand, Swamp Thing, Dr. Fate, Atrocitus....only thing I need now is Prometheus or Abraxas, lol

Bumper Stickup posted:

Not having luthor, shazam, grundy, doomsday, or deathstroke isn't selling me as they were the ones that sold me on the first game.

that leak was just based on a mobile games dev so it could still be incomplete or full of poo poo. No way we get Black Adam but no Shazam. Even if he got killed in the first game storywise it's not like that ever stopped MKX.

Safe to say Grundy, Luthor and Deathstroke were replaced by Grodd, Braniac and Deadshot. sucks but those were all generic roles (big dumb grappler, dude in an armor, guns guy)

DLC Inc fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Jan 17, 2017

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

MinibarMatchman posted:

I hope Hawkgirl comes back with some moveset changes, she was fun just a little too annoying to control for the payoff.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Swamp Thing would be badass if they don't just make him a low-iq grappler character. Make him use vines and flowers and spores and stuff to zone imo.

Other than that the leaked roster actually sounds cool.

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

All the best octopodes shoot fire and ice.
I'm not sure if Joker's going to be in it considering they showed him getting killed buy Superman in that trailer.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

PSWII60 posted:

I'm not sure if Joker's going to be in it considering they showed him getting killed buy Superman in that trailer.

Comic books

Fenn the Fool!
Oct 24, 2006
woohoo
Scarecrow is almost certainly an alternate Joker costume.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

PSWII60 posted:

Didn't stop him from being in the first game - alternate timeline Joker was killed, but not main timeline.

And it's the Joker, the clown is everywhere and inescapable.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
There's no way the Joker won't be in the game. He's way too popular to just leave out.

Besides, deaths mean nothing because not only is it a comic book game, but also because there are at least two different universes in play here.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Suspicious Cook posted:

There's no way the Joker won't be in the game. He's way too popular to just leave out.

Besides, deaths mean nothing because not only is it a comic book game, but also because there are at least two different universes in play here.

yeah it's Netherrealm, a company that killed off almost all their characters multiple times and brought them back in MKX anyway, so they're a perfect fit for the continuity-altering universe of DC

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

MinibarMatchman posted:

yeah it's Netherrealm, a company that killed off almost all their characters multiple times and brought them back in MKX anyway, so they're a perfect fit for the continuity-altering universe of DC

To be fair, everyone who died in MK9 came back as an undead wraith in X. Only a few of them were actually resurrected later.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Cythereal posted:

To be fair, everyone who died in MK9 came back as an undead wraith in X. Only a few of them were actually resurrected later.

Except Baraka. He's turbo dead.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Bumper Stickup posted:

Except Baraka. He's turbo dead.

Baraka didn't die in MK9.

MK9 killed:

Liu Kang
Kung Lao
Stryker
Kabal
Smoke
Sub-Zero 1
Sub-Zero 2
Noob Saibot
Jax
Nightwolf
Jade
Kitana
Sindel
Shang Tsung
Shao Kahn

MKX killed:

Quan Chi
Shinnok
Mileena
Baraka

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

I don't think we should worry about Joker coming back, we should worry about Shazam :smith:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Sinners Sandwich posted:

I don't think we should worry about Joker coming back, we should worry about Shazam :smith:

Probably he will be a premium gear set for Black Adam.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Cythereal posted:

Baraka didn't die in MK9.

MK9 killed:

Liu Kang
Kung Lao
Stryker
Kabal
Smoke
Sub-Zero 1
Sub-Zero 2
Noob Saibot
Jax
Nightwolf
Jade
Kitana
Sindel
Shang Tsung
Shao Kahn

MKX killed:

Quan Chi
Shinnok
Mileena
Baraka

Coulda swore Baraka died at some point between games. My bad.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Bumper Stickup posted:

Coulda swore Baraka died at some point between games. My bad.

Baraka technically did die between games, he dies in the flashback chapter of MKX.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

ImpAtom posted:

Baraka technically did die between games, he dies in the flashback chapter of MKX.

Also clock in Sektor and Cyrax dying between games as revealed in the comics - Cyrax committed suicide and Sub-Zero killed Sektor.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Sub Zero ....Is dead?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Sub Zero ....Is dead?

He died at the end of MK9 and got revived later, it is how he got un-cyborged.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

ImpAtom posted:

He died at the end of MK9 and got revived later, it is how he got un-cyborged.

There are two distinct Sub-Zeroes, too. Bi Han was killed by Scorpion in 9, turned into Noob Saibot as an undead wraith, and subsequently was killed again by Nightwolf. Kuai Liang is Bi Han's brother and the Sub-Zero who got cyborged, killed, raised as a wraith, and resurrected.

If it helps differentiate them, Bi Han is rear end in a top hat Sub-Zero and Kuai Liang is nice guy Sub-Zero.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Also invert it for Hanzo Hasashi, who is dead/a wraith in MK9 and is revived in MKX.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The thing that amazes me most about mortal Kombat is how goddamn consistent they are about their insane lore built up over literal decades of fighting game endings and random sidestories. They could have done a full reboot and nobody would have blinked an eye but nope we're going to keep that poo poo and continue to acknowledge it without blinking an eye.

• Locked thread