Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Woooow god drat do I feel old because I forgot abou those guys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raposa
Aug 4, 2007

That post went quite well, I think.
TBF their first appearance was 6 years ago at least.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

i mean they were one-offs over five years ago, remembering them would be abnormal

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
How many in-universe days ago was that though?

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Raposa posted:

TBF their first appearance was 6 years ago at least.

counterpoint: who could possibly forget this exchange

Raposa
Aug 4, 2007

That post went quite well, I think.

pik_d posted:

How many in-universe days ago was that though?

Presumably this is happening during hit ball, which was the day after chapter 4, the train mission. Sooo, a day. More if this is day 2 of whatsisnames suspension?

Nerdietalk
Dec 23, 2014

Red gal having the Blue Eye leaves me wondering if there's a vampire twist with her too.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Patware posted:

i mean they were one-offs over five years ago, remembering them would be abnormal

I remembered

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Mazerunner posted:

I remembered

I had some sort of point or punchline to this but I forgot

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

The people who remember background characters in fiction are always the background characters of their life, makes u think.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Patware posted:

Need an unnormal/abusual oh god that looks real bad typed out

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?

T-man posted:

The people who remember background characters in fiction are always the background characters of their life, makes u think.
gently caress

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler
Fart dog just chillin in the background. It really gives no toots about any of this.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Drunk Theory posted:

Fart dog just chillin in the background. It really gives no toots about any of this.

Aspire to be the fart dog of your life.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Splicer posted:

Need an unnormal/abusual oh god that looks real bad typed out

yeah i think language settled on 'abnormal' for a good reason

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
it’s not abusual to be hurt by everyone

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
So Zack updated on their twitter that they will move from two updates a week to one update a week. Paranatural will update every friday.

https://twitter.com/paranaturalzack/status/1102752878584750080

Good for them.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I'm very glad they're taking care of their hand, but I really hope they realize this means they're really going to have to start trimming plot cruft for their future chapters now.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I think I've posted this before but Zack needs straight up physical therapy and rehab for the wrist, and also needs to reevaluate how to draw to minimize wrist motion as much as possible. Cutting the comic to 1/week updates, while it'll alleviate the wrist strain and give the wrist more time to heal in between bouts of strain, doesn't directly address the underlying problem. Of course, I am an anonymous Internet poster, so my opinion carries about as much weight as the electrons it took to produce this post for your eyes to read it. I guess we'll see how this works out.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

seriously can we not go through long-range backseat doctoring zack every time this sort of thing comes up

we don't know any of the really gritty specifics of their situation and the notion that they've made no effort at all toward reducing wrist strain while drawing is absurd and insulting

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
It must be really hard to be an artist for a living when your wrist blows its knees out every time you so much look at a pencil

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
I vaguely remember thread consensus long ago to be that Zack should say at 1 page per week instead of struggling to get 2 pages per week. So I suppose in a couple years, Zack will see about relearning to draw in a less wrist-straining fashion.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Patware posted:

seriously can we not go through long-range backseat doctoring zack every time this sort of thing comes up

we don't know any of the really gritty specifics of their situation and the notion that they've made no effort at all toward reducing wrist strain while drawing is absurd and insulting
I didn't say poo poo about how technique, I'm just talking about the OTHER overplayed thread derail.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

PMush Perfect posted:

I didn't say poo poo about how technique, I'm just talking about the OTHER overplayed thread derail.

read the post after yours

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

No.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

SKULL.GIF posted:

I think I've posted this before but Zack needs straight up physical therapy and rehab for the wrist, and also needs to reevaluate how to draw to minimize wrist motion as much as possible. Cutting the comic to 1/week updates, while it'll alleviate the wrist strain and give the wrist more time to heal in between bouts of strain, doesn't directly address the underlying problem. Of course, I am an anonymous Internet poster, so my opinion carries about as much weight as the electrons it took to produce this post for your eyes to read it. I guess we'll see how this works out.

It could also be a posture thing. I work with computers all day and I have wrist and shoulder issues if my desk/chair are at awkward heights or if I find myself leaning forward and putting pressure on my right arm.

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

imo Zach should practice with their feet. or get an eye scanner and learn to draw with their eyes. hth

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

just change to interpretive dance videos

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

new paige! That’s quite a set of names.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Paige is definitely channeling that Jessie from Team Rocket vibe.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Paige looks suspiciously cool for Paranatural character, so I can't wait for her inner dork to shine through.

Mr. Locke
Jul 28, 2010
Paige looks too much like Iori Yagami, performing an Iori Yagami ‘I just killed a man’ laugh for Stephen not to eat a Masher from that maiden in the immediate future.

RIP tinfoil boy, the answer to the asked question is < 4.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

pretty sure those are words i recognise but i don't understand them when they're put together like that

Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

I can't decide if Youth Culture being a full name or just being the first name is funnier

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
youth culture jones

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Lt. Lizard posted:

Paige looks suspiciously cool for Paranatural character, so I can't wait for her inner dork to shine through.

I'm pretty sure the person who brought up her eyes are right and she's a dhampyr like Cody.

So I'm expecting full overblown VtM goth to start breaking out at some point. Cause we've got the sullen vampire kid, we need the one who is over the top stupid about it.

Wa11y
Jul 23, 2002

Did I say "cookies?" I meant, "Fire in your face!"
I'm not sure I like where the interaction between Youth Culture and the Fart Dog could be going. Especially with what he's saying.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Lt. Lizard posted:

Alternatively she's also crazy and hardcore and jumps right to 'kill him and lets throw his body in the quary'

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

seems a bit out of place given the context of the rest of the comic, tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

RareAcumen posted:

Alternatively she's also crazy and hardcore and jumps right to 'kill him and lets throw his body in the quary'

she was the one who restrained the others when Max was threatening to call the police while they were shoplifting. she probably is the levelheaded one. I would expect she is a lot more likely to mock him in cutting and precise ways than to beat up a kid. but hey, I guess we'll find out shortly