Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

MrLonghair posted:

How does Trail of Cold Steel 2 import a prequel save? Do I need ToCS1 installed so it's local?

No, if you upload your save data ToCS2 can pull it from there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

ImpAtom posted:

No, if you upload your save data ToCS2 can pull it from there.

Oh phewww. Finding Vita memory cards larger than 4gb is like trying to find a set of Move controllers here.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

The only restriction for the save import, regardless if it came from the PS3 or Vita versions, is that it needs to be the same region game. So if you were like me and imported CS1 from NA because of the Lionheart edition, you'd need your CS2 to be equally from there.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Aren't there conversion tools for that though?

Zaggitz fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Dec 4, 2016

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Zaggitz posted:

Aren't there conversion tools for that though?

Not for something complex like that. Online connectivity was broken with the 3.63 exploit so no one with a hackable system can get a gamesave uploaded.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Forgot to talk about this but PlayStation Experience had some Vita stuff.

Garou: Mark of the Wolves and Lara Croft: GO are now available for you to buy.

Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony was confirmed for a 2017 release alongside a really fancy looking limited edition. I just barely managed to snag one on the 0-5% remaining tier and I'm pretty happy about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMwKaXUzbSk

Windjammers, Ys Origin, Fallen Legion, Full Throttle Remastered

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0pAuIwMmM4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRFATYk07N4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9T6kYpTO68

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qT7Di_WwxzU

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Policenaut posted:

Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony was confirmed for a 2017 release alongside a really fancy looking limited edition. I just barely managed to snag one on the 0-5% remaining tier and I'm pretty happy about it.
Geez, they sent the email about that coming out about 24 hours ago and it's already sold out. Guess I can flog it on eBay if I need cash.

Megalixir
Nov 10, 2007

Vanillaware ltd.

Policenaut posted:

Forgot to talk about this but PlayStation Experience had some Vita stuff.

Garou: Mark of the Wolves and Lara Croft: GO are now available for you to buy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMwKaXUzbSk

Windjammers, Ys Origin, Fallen Legion, Full Throttle Remastered

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0pAuIwMmM4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRFATYk07N4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9T6kYpTO68

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qT7Di_WwxzU

ys origin and windjammers, maybe garou too are being done by dotemu, sp buyer beware and all that.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

vita alive and well. even appeared on stage. didnt see the ps4 on stage, did you?

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
The guy brings out his own Vita.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Is Fallen Legion a sequel to Grand Kingdom or is it just a coincidence they look exactly the same?

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

Megalixir posted:

ys origin and windjammers, maybe garou too are being done by dotemu, sp buyer beware and all that.

why is that a bad thing

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Shadow225 posted:

why is that a bad thing

Their ports/emulation are poo poo despite them outright stealing non-commercial use emulators.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Midjack posted:

Geez, they sent the email about that coming out about 24 hours ago and it's already sold out. Guess I can flog it on eBay if I need cash.

The PS4 version still has plenty of copies so I'm guessing NISA just isn't producing as many of the Vita version's. They haven't completely cut off pre-orders yet so I guess there's still some left in that 0-5% left bracket.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Sakurazuka posted:

Is Fallen Legion a sequel to Grand Kingdom or is it just a coincidence they look exactly the same?

They have a vaguely similar artstyle (and even then), but they seem to play completely different. Fallen Legion looks like a Valkyrie Profile clone.

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

Lemon-Lime posted:

Fallen Legion looks like a Valkyrie Profile clone.

i literally had to restrain myself from jumping out of my chair at work. haven't even googled this game but my interest is piqued like you wouldn't believe

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

I just got an error that apparently means parts of my 32GB memory card are corrupted, after I decided to finally go back and finish P4G. I love my dead handheld.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

"I’m proud to say we are bringing Fallen Legion to PlayStation Vita and the portable version is more than a port. Fallen Legion for PlayStation Vita is its own unique adventure with an entirely different story."

:stonk:

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Shadow225 posted:

i literally had to restrain myself from jumping out of my chair at work. haven't even googled this game but my interest is piqued like you wouldn't believe

I'm just going off the combat system that assigns one of four characters to each face button and then has you chain their attacks, who knows what the rest of the game will actually be like.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

I just got an error that apparently means parts of my 32GB memory card are corrupted, after I decided to finally go back and finish P4G. I love my dead handheld.

I had that once on my 4 GB and it went away. Here's what I did: full back up to PC, format card, import everything back. Had no issues in two years since then, though I just got a 16 GB a month ago. Finally, I can taste freedom...

Delusibeta
Aug 7, 2013

Let's ride together.

Policenaut posted:

The PS4 version still has plenty of copies so I'm guessing NISA just isn't producing as many of the Vita version's. They haven't completely cut off pre-orders yet so I guess there's still some left in that 0-5% left bracket.

Turned out that NISA assumed that basically nobody wanted the Vita LE, so when they were proven wrong they converted a bunch of PS4 LEs to Vita LEs (read: they're now making more cardboard Vita box holders than planned), and now both are back up past the 50% stock mark.

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Recommended by 10 out of 10 Aragami

And finished the third chapter in Trails of Cold Steel, now I'm at the same point I left my japanese version.

Sara and Jusis are the best girls

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Cold Steel's cardinal sin is not even introducing the true best girl until the 2nd game.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!

Saint Freak posted:

Cold Steel's cardinal sin is not even introducing the true best girl until the 2nd game.

By this, I assume you mean Towa acheiving her true form by gaining a cute hat.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Towa's not a head knight. In fact I seriously doubt she's a knight at all.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
http://gematsu.com/2016/12/sony-announces-smartphone-games-lineup-hot-shots-golf-wild-arms-parappa-nis-square-enix-projects

Whelp.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I would've liked another Vita Everybody's Golf but at least there's still the PS4 one coming out

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Are those games that were announced for Vita before or are we just making assumptions

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

CrashCat posted:

Are those games that were announced for Vita before or are we just making assumptions

Sony publicly stated they weren't making any more first party Vita games in 2015 then made ForwardWorks this year.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!
I keep meaning to gush about this every time I deal with her - Becky from Trails of Cold Steel has a literally flawless Scottish dialect and I'm super impressed with the translators for nailing it as hard as they did. It's Trainspotting-level correct.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Not Operator posted:

I keep meaning to gush about this every time I deal with her - Becky from Trails of Cold Steel has a literally flawless Scottish dialect and I'm super impressed with the translators for nailing it as hard as they did. It's Trainspotting-level correct.

The one at XSEED who translated her lines was Scottish I believe. I agree though, it's fairly good dialect.

Ryoji
Sep 1, 2012
Just started playing Shiren the Wanderer. This game is awesome.
There is just so much stuff!

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Trails of Cold Steel is my GOTY 2016 for so many reasons, as much as I detest milli-shouldn't you be in a star ocean game I think you got lost-um.

Listening to Easy Allies do their post-PSX talk and pour everything over Persona 5 has me think I'll treat myself to P4G for when I'm not doing postgame FF15 or VR. It has to rank high among only physical game purchased consumers like me. I don't mind those dungeons after all, plus groovy tunes and nice feel to stay warm with over the holidays, fetch a 100% guide and go to work.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

trails of cold steel is your goty 2015 :colbert:

trails of cold steel 2 can be your goty 2016

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

You probably shouldn't go for 100% your first time playing Persona 4, I think it would suck a lot of fun out of the game (you'd need to follow the guide exactly on what to do/who to hang out with each day if you wanted to max out all the social links on your first playthrough)

It's a lot easier on a New Game + because of some of the stuff that carries over

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
I do not particularly care for the Trails games

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

Improbable Lobster posted:

I do not particularly care for the Trails games

Mods???

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

if they mods started banning for bad opinion I'd the be only poster left in this forum

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Cake Attack posted:

if they mods started banning for bad opinion I'd the be only poster left in this forum

Bad Opinion spotted.

Are there any games worth going doing New Game + for? Also, TOCS carnival in the Final Chapter is stressing me out in terms of who I want to use the tickets on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

leper khan
Dec 28, 2010
Honest to god thinks Half Life 2 is a bad game. But at least he likes Monster Hunter.

Cake Attack posted:

nah i'd be here too