Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Junkie Disease posted:

When I think of Metal Slug I think of slowdown. Is this slowdown that it wasn't supposed to have? The KOF 98 I got is working out just fine.

It might just be faithful emulation, yeah. I've never played a legit version of Metal Slug, so I dunno how it's supposed to run.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Meldonox posted:

Console wars be damned, the real action is trying to figure out which Switch case is best. How irresponsible of Nintendo to open Pandora's box like this.

This is truth. I got the orzly case and now i loving hate it. I should have imported that butterfox case or saved up for that fancy waterfield poo poo. Or hell, just waited until the official case came back in stock rather than pay scalpers.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Junkie Disease posted:

When I think of Metal Slug I think of slowdown. Is this slowdown that it wasn't supposed to have? The KOF 98 I got is working out just fine.

They are arcade perfect complete with perfect slowdowns. If you dont like this perfect emulation then do not get metal slug 2 when that hits because lol.

Vikar Jerome fucked around with this message at 10:38 on Apr 9, 2017

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

I got the PDP case and I really like it, even though you can tell it's a pretty simple construction. The fabric look is nice, the logo badge on the front looks great, the cart slots are handy and the system feels secure. Protection-wise I think it gives you all you need unless you really expect the thing to bang around in transit.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

limaCAT posted:

Breath of the wild is a good game.

Yeah, but it also isn't great.

I should write a summary of my thoughts now that I finally finished it. Just not yet.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Rexroom posted:

I should write a summary of my thoughts now that I finally finished it. Just not yet.

It succeeds at implementing every goal the game was trying to achieve. It's one thing for that sort of game not to click with you, it's another for a game to be deficient in certain ways. It's more or less as good as a game is capable of being

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Breath of the Wild might be my favorite game ever

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense

Andrast posted:

Breath of the Wild might be my favorite game ever

I did finish Super Mario Galaxy though and that is very rare for me, how incredibly innovative that game was kept me hooked. BotW does absolutely everything right but I feel like I've played this game before.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Buying a set of soldier armor and going from 4 to 12 defense made me feel unstoppable, right until I ran in to a Bokoblin who proceeded to OHKO me because he had a knight broadsword :saddowns:

Amcoti
Apr 7, 2004

Sing for the flames that will rip through here

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

I thought Nintendo said they were forcing the digital and physical to have the same price? If they're going back on that then thank god

The last I heard the digital price being same as physical was a mistake. and should still be $10 cheaper.

Amcoti fucked around with this message at 13:43 on Apr 9, 2017

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Nintendo never said that. That policy was complete speculation by Eurogamer.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I'm hoping Puyo Puyo Tetris gets an english demo as well. So I don't need to buy it :frogc00l:

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem
If you pre-order through amazon prime every game is like $10 cheaper for physical.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Lemming posted:

It succeeds at implementing every goal the game was trying to achieve.

Yes its very good at having lame boss fights

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Real hurthling! posted:

Yes its very good at having lame boss fights

Actually the boss fights are pretty amazing.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Supercar Gautier posted:

I got the PDP case and I really like it, even though you can tell it's a pretty simple construction. The fabric look is nice, the logo badge on the front looks great, the cart slots are handy and the system feels secure. Protection-wise I think it gives you all you need unless you really expect the thing to bang around in transit.

The game cartridges can damage the system due to poor design and placement though. I returned mine for that reason as well as the tight fit.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Rexroom posted:

i look forward to your contrarian hot takes

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Bum the Sad posted:

If you pre-order through amazon prime every game is like €2 cheaper for physical loving lmao

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Actually the boss fights are pretty amazing.

All your posts are sad, dr.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

This thread needs less negativity spreaders imo

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Real hurthling! posted:

All your posts are sad, dr.

Actually my posts are pretty amazing.

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president

XyrlocShammypants posted:

why

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

Bum the Sad posted:

If you pre-order through amazon prime every game is like $10 cheaper for physical.

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is $48 which is an absolute steal so maybe people can shut up about the price now.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Rexroom posted:

lol

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

XyrlocShammypants posted:

Cuz its drat tiring to see the same poo poo whining

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president
seems like people are just giving their honest opinions. did you expect everyone who has a switch to feel the same way about every possible topic?

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem
Trip report btw. This Datel Powersaves Amiibo thing is sweet. You can get them for $25 at Gamestop.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

HyperPuma posted:

seems like people are just giving their honest opinions. did you expect everyone who has a switch to feel the same way about every possible topic?

*buys a Switch*
Guys, this thing is bad.
*the next day*
Goodness, it is very not good!
*one week later*
Yup, it's still bad!
*following a month-long daily diatribe about the Switch being bad*
Gosh, can't people just state their opinions!?

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Everyone agrees: Fast RMX is the best racing game on the Switch!

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Takoluka posted:

*buys a Switch*
Guys, this thing is bad.
*the next day*
*one week later*
Yup, it's still bad!

Switch is good but has some things worth fixing

Zelda was great but the bosses are very lame. You can stand under 3 or 4 of them and just hit them in total safety like the tauros demon

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

Takoluka posted:

*buys a Switch*
Guys, this thing is bad.
*the next day*
*one week later*
Yup, it's still bad!

Put them on ignore if you care that much.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

I have decided that the Switch is a great place for a new Monkey Ball game. Make it so!

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Switch is good except for the fact I have gorilla hands and the whole NES / SNES library isn't on the virtual console.

Zelda is the best game of the decade except for the weak blight ganons.

Shovel Knight extremely owns.

1-2-switch should have been free because it blows.

I'm old and Binding of Isaac is confusing but I like it.

Amiiboes are my only friend.

Hail Satan.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

After another night of stress and anxiety over potentially getting a bad game, today I will purchase on my own, and own, Shovel Knight. After scouring boards and youtube I think this might be a good game and I'm ready to take that gamble. I think.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

After another night of stress and anxiety over potentially getting a bad game, today I will purchase on my own, and own, Shovel Knight. After scouring boards and youtube I think this might be a good game and I'm ready to take that gamble. I think.

Its extremely win dr

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

HyperPuma posted:

Putting crap like this on ignore is like driving in a world without potholes.
People have said that they are fine with other opinions it's just when those people just keep whining and bring back the same poo poo over and over, take a break go out side, take in the nice weather.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Real hurthling! posted:

Its extremely win dr

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Its really easy to post criticism via cell phone while outside.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Switch good but it is still blowing my mind I can't play SNES or NES or N64 games on it yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

Real hurthling! posted:

Its really easy to post criticism via cell phone while outside.

gently caress! Well its a good idea anyway you can Switch in the park.

• Locked thread