Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

If blood be the price of admiralty,
Lord God, we ha' paid in full!

That Works posted:

For the love of God, Montressor!

Yes, for the love of god!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
#bricksoutforfortunato

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

My grandfather got some carpet in his kitchen but he did it partly for the sake of his stumbling old pooch and partly for the sake of his stumbling old him, on the theory that it would be more slip resistant and it would slightly cushion any fall, which might make the difference between "die in broken hip hospital" and "wow! that was close!"

He was also kind of a weirdo in general.

Also, he at least got outdoor carpeting and didn't expect it to outlive him.

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

When we moved in, an auntie gave us this thick, heavy foam kitchen mat. I'm barefoot in the kitchen for 2-3 hours every day. It's nice and good :3
http://www.asahikei.co.jp/doctormat/

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

What's worse, kitchen or bathroom carpeting?

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Thanks to

MrYenko posted:

I present to you all...

KITCHEN SHITTER

the answer is “both”

bear named tators
Dec 16, 2006

.:.::HONKIN A POTATO::.:.
Does anyone know what line this sofa is from? We've been couch surfing for a month while our renovations go on into forever and it's by far the nicest, most comfortable sofa we've encountered so far. Sorry I didn't fluff the couch before taking the photo...

Mocking Bird
Aug 17, 2011
If you find out, please report back - I love it and my googling came up empty

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

bear named tators posted:

Does anyone know what line this sofa is from? We've been couch surfing for a month while our renovations go on into forever and it's by far the nicest, most comfortable sofa we've encountered so far. Sorry I didn't fluff the couch before taking the photo...

Overstock dot Chud

bear named tators
Dec 16, 2006

The Bloop posted:

Overstock dot Chud

Eh don't see it on there but lol :marc:

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

peanut posted:

When we moved in, an auntie gave us this thick, heavy foam kitchen mat. I'm barefoot in the kitchen for 2-3 hours every day. It's nice and good :3
http://www.asahikei.co.jp/doctormat/

I have something very similar and it's awesome (over a tile floor).

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so

bear named tators posted:

It’s a (knockoff) Como

bear named tators
Dec 16, 2006

PRADA SLUT posted:

It’s a (knockoff) Como

Thanks! How can you tell it's a knockoff?

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so
I just made the assumption that it was based off how it’s worn, what I could make out of the side stitching, the pillows look flatter than I’d expect even if it was bought the day it came out, and also it’s not something you’d run into by accident since they’re specialty pieces. You’d have to inspect it more closely to verify.

It’s actually a Como collection so there’s chairs and L-couches and things as well.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

Motronic posted:

I have something very similar and it's awesome (over a tile floor).

I prefer knitted wool socks, or just socks in general. Don't like going barefoot though.

My PIN is 4826
Aug 30, 2003

Argas posted:

What's worse, kitchen or bathroom carpeting?

I’ve seen some horrible bathroom carpets (:britain:), but somehow I think they’re still probably the lesser of two evils, purely because with a bathroom you know what you’re getting in terms of stains and expected cleaning requirements. In a kitchen, the possibilities of what might end up in a carpet are just too much of an unknown.

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

I'm voting bathroom, because the kitchen is more likely to be open-ish and the things in it square-ish with kickboards etc so it'll be easier to clean up to them, plus more willing to drag a hired liquid vac into the ground floor kitchen than the upstairs bathroom. I don't want to know what the carpet behind and around the toilet base is like even after "cleaning". Too many nooks and crannies.

Spring Heeled Jack
Feb 25, 2007

If you can read this you can read
When I was redoing my bathroom I ripped out the vanity to discover that they had built it in-place over carpet. The rest of the bathroom at that point was some poo poo-tier ceramic tile.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Ok, I can see where the referee sits but what game are they supposed to be playing?

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
That's the perfect ceiling for a SWAT team to rappel through.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Azza Bamboo posted:

That's the perfect ceiling for a SWAT team to rappel through.

Wait, poo poo, I didn't realize these were Rainbow Six: Siege renders.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
The first two look like a fancy hotel

The third one is uh....

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Ok, I can see where the referee sits but what game are they supposed to be playing?

The Most Dangerous, of course.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

That would be a great spot for a hideous kidney-shaped pool

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Anybody SE Michigan named Dave that's looking for a house? I've got something perfect for you (if you also love purple).

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/284-S-Mansfield-St-Ypsilanti-MI-48197/54814182_zpid/

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Sirotan posted:

Anybody SE Michigan named Dave that's looking for a house? I've got something perfect for you (if you also love purple).

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/284-S-Mansfield-St-Ypsilanti-MI-48197/54814182_zpid/

loving Dave.

I'm the 5' x 5' mystery room with no windows or doors. I assume it's full of corpses.

Sarah Bellum
Oct 21, 2008
Who the gently caress calls a room "Dave"?

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Sarah Bellum posted:

Who the gently caress calls a room "Dave"?

when i bought my house, which is full of "i know a guy" contractor wonders, one of the fuses was simply labeled 'dave'

turns out it is the dishwasher

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Cuz life sucks, kids. Get it while you can.

Purple Dave is my favorite Hendrix song!

Fake edit: Buy the house, get a dog & name it Dave. He already has his favorite spot marked.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

I honestly can't stop laughing at DAVE. This house is also the most hosed up split level I've seen in a long time. Who the hell designs a kitchen like that? Typical Dave.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Please stop posting my pictures.

Sarah Bellum
Oct 21, 2008

luxury handset posted:

turns out it is the dishwasher

Dave is a great name for a dishwasher, though. I might start calling mine Dave.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

The Dave posted:

Please stop posting my pictures.

lol

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Facebook Aunt posted:

I'm the 5' x 5' mystery room with no windows or doors. I assume it's full of corpses.

That’s Dave’s room

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
And whats with the baton wedged to keep the front door shut?

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Bad Munki posted:

That’s Dave’s room

FREE DAVE

(with purchase of davehaus)

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
Why is there a 2 way mirror looking out to the Dave fireplace? Wtf?

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

I'm still trying to figure out why the master bedroom is 15 x 9. That pretty much means a king bed only fits in one spot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
Any bored people want a Wednesday night challenge? Find me some bar stools that are ...

Counter height
Full height back
No “wraparound” from the back to the seat
White seat (and preferably back, but that’s not 100% necessary) — not beige, cream, or sand
Espresso colored legs
If leather, no nail heads

Swivel would be a bonus.

So far, I’ve found maybe two.